MANSA MUSA was the richest King of Africa, before White People colonized Africa

“So abundant is the gold which is found in his country that he is the richest and most noble king in the land.”

>In 1324 Musa I, the 10th Mansa, or king, of the West African empire of Mali, began his 4,000-mile pilgrimage to Mecca. Before his hajj, the African and the Muslim worlds had heard little about the emperor who was uniting many parts of modern-day Mauritania and Mali (Melle), and the tale was unknown to most of Europe. But after his trip, Mansa Musa literally put the kingdom of Mali on the map, and to this very day, historians universally consider him the richest person who ever lived.

>Musa didn’t gain his wealth through an internet-software startup or the stock market—he got it the old-fashioned way: He earned it.

>While Europe was slowly emerging from the famine, war, disease and mass poverty that killed 1 in every 10 Europeans between 1315 and 1316, Musa was building universities, mosques and city centers throughout the empire of Mali. Instead of conquering through war, he expanded his empire through annexation as he used his control of gold and salts to connect disparate city-states into one empire. It is said that by the end of his life, it would have taken an entire year to go from one end of the Mali empire to the other.

Other urls found in this thread:

theroot.com/when-wakanda-was-real-1822745590/amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

theroot.com/when-wakanda-was-real-1822745590/amp

Wakanda in 'Black Panther' is an Alternate Dimension Without Colonialism

>He earned it
He used slaves to mine it and wasted it all on a trip to mecca.

The kingdom of Musa was literal stick and mud walls. Their single claim to prosperity is finding a large gold vein. They had no concept of gold other than knowing people liked it, so they spread around mass quantities of it and tanked currency value with everyone they came across.
They ultimately accomplished nothing as a civilization despite immense wealth because they literally didn't have the concept of value.

All their gold was mined by slaves by the way. Slavery, mud huts, and being retarded around the crowning achievements of Africa. Though you can find these things everywhere, not just with Mansa Musa.

>While Europe was slowly emerging from the famine, war, disease and mass poverty that killed 1 in every 10 Europeans between 1315 and 1316, Musa was building universities, mosques and city centers throughout the empire of Mali. Instead of conquering through war, he expanded his empire through annexation as he used his control of gold and salts to connect disparate city-states into one empire. It is said that by the end of his life, it would have taken an entire year to go from one end of the Mali empire to the other.

What a selfish, evil man. Why didn't he use some of his wealth and influence to help the Europeans in their time of need?

he was realey a coolest monkey in the jungle

A true kang.

>Musa made his pilgrimage between 1324–1325.[18][19] His procession reportedly included 60,000 men, including 12,000 slaves[20] who each carried 1.8 kg (4 lb) of gold bars and heralds dressed in silks who bore gold staffs, organized horses, and handled bags. Musa provided all necessities for the procession, feeding the entire company of men and animals.[17] Those animals included 80 camels which each carried 23–136 kg (50–300 lb) of gold dust. Musa gave the gold to the poor he met along his route. Musa not only gave to the cities he passed on the way to Mecca, including Cairo and Medina, but also traded gold for souvenirs. It was reported that he built a mosque every Friday.[citation needed]

WE
WUZ
DA
KANGZ
SLAVEZ

>So abundant is the gold
this implies gold was worthless there, possession of abundant metal doesn't make you rich. Because of it aluminium was way more expensive than gold back then.

>Be actual African king
>tiem 4 Hajj lol
>be utterly incapable of comprehending the idea that God might be more important than your ego
>trip turns into one huge excuse to show off
>bring your slaves
But seriously, can I announce to everyone that I'm some sort of royalty because I'm white and so was Louis XIV?
Yes, yes, I know
>Irish
>white

I learned about Mansa Musa from Civ IV. I couldn't stand that fuck - he always wanted something from me: gold, technology, open borders.

Just like modern day negroids who have all this "bling" but still are nothing more then jungle monkeys. At least when white people have gold they act civilized

A true kang

You realize that someone has to be the richest kang in the land before humans arrived, right Pajeet? Probably not with that 82 IQ and 4 inch 'penis'.

>Stockpiling gold is what makes a country great
>Investment and income are overrated
The true state of african culture.

What the fuck would his penis even have to do with it you closet case

Aluminum didn't fucking exist back then. You need electricity to produce it.

Pointing out a shitskin's inferiority complex when a shitskin is defending shitskin inferiority complexes in general is relevant dipshit. You some kinda shitluster?

>aluminum didn't fucking exist back then
>on the periodic table
Good one

but they wont use the story to inspire them to better themselves
they just want free shit

>He doesn't know the difference between bauxite and aluminum metal

No. No I don't

Now I do. Thanks

Aluminum wasn't discovered until 1832 or something.

You need electricity for industrial production. Anyway I indeed checked and it was XIX century when it was first produced in metallic form, I thought it was much earlier, my bad.

This is why I like 4chinz. You really learn something new everyday.

So what did he and his country contribute to the progress of humanity? A mud building?

>quoting a negro blog’s kangzposting
A new low for shills

Why do they always ignore the still existing Dogon people? Weird.

You'd think he'd be programmed to give away a shit ton of gold

>Instead of conquering through war, he expanded his empire through annexation

What?

>Musa didn’t gain his wealth through an internet-software startup or the stock market—he got it the old-fashioned way: He earned it.

Wtf does that even mean? making a successful a start up is not earning now?

> A kang was jewed by some arab and the arab used the gold of the kang for himself
> equals
> The kang was building universities, mosques and city centers

It's like saying that native americans build the most powerfull civilization of the world letting themselves be conquered by the anglos.

How can somebody have this level of retardations. This is not even propaganda, this is a total falsification of history and treating your audience as retards.

Never heard of Her ?

Wakanda is real in my mind

Musa was rich af sure but that doesn't mean that mali was some kind of technological powerhouse

>gave gold away to everyone
>gave gold away to EVERYONE HE SAW
>destroyed african currency
>destroyed africa
He is truly a hero

Digits checked
Based Aussie

he did however drive the cost of gold down significantly and destroyed the economy in the process
>Best of Intentions

>literally put the kingdom of Mali on the map
Which map? And how literally

Someone please post the super god nigger, I forget his name but it should be posted on tWitter and what not to further feed their delusions while also showing how completely retarded they are

What is the narrative here?
That Mansa Musa’s efforts were ruined by wypipo and not his successors?
Yes he was rich as fuck, Yes he ruled a somewhat “civilized” society and yes his kingdom fell into decline.
Doesnt mean whites had anything to do with it.

>expecting black people to know what a word like annexation means
they probably think it means "goin to a-nex' counnry an sayin NOW YALLZ BE KANGZ TOO"

Did he get rich selling niggers? He sold dysfunctional niggers. Which brings me to my next question. How the fuck could he be rich with no banks, what kind of currency was he rich in?

>He earned it.
Through exploiting slaves, no doubt.
SLAVERY IS BAD UNLESS A KANG DOES IT!

I KEK'd my pants ... you can make up lies all you want.. truth is African civilization didn't even make it to the bronze age

Sea shells?

>bronze
I think they've been out in the sun a little too long for that

No shit, bronze age implies you knew basic metalurgy.

>he got it the old-fashioned way: He earned it.

LMAO are these people real? Lefties now unironically defending monarchy as "earned" and the cumulative exploitation of labor to generate royal wealth as belonging to the "people" somehow.

All to pander to a group they see as so crippled they treat them like children, while also proclaiming themselves to be "allies".

???????

Earned it by raiding African Christian villages and selling the captured as slaves

Did Islam confiscate gold and put it in the hands of some central body? Was he royalty and given access to the spoils?

That’s a pretty cis gendered western white male way of looking at things. You need to listen and hear, not rant and rave.

>he earned it
>by being king of clay that sat on top of gold
>undoubtedly used slaves to dig it all up
>then flaunted his wealth in history's first example of "nigger rich"

>had lots of gold
>this somehow means they had electricity and plumbing

Nah
Fake nigger detected

>fools gold

>gilded chimps

kek

>He earned it.
Are you saying WE WUZ KANGZ AND SHIIIEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

>we wuz kangz
lol niggers

Wakanda is real. It's in Africa in a hidden location.

You can copy paste sjw shitty news about ONE KANG but you still cant poo in the loo?
Pathetic.

We

WE WAZ WORKING N SHIIEETTT

Why they have such simian names.
Fucking animals they are disgusting

>"king" cavemen
>evolution abandoned the race since

>WE™

colonialism brought modern medicine and technology to stoneage people Africa.
without white colonialism blacks would not created a African themed version of white sci-fi depiction
the only thing ruined africa that they were blacks incapable of adapting and still breed like insane.

Didnt this nigger literally fight the Brits because they wanted to stop slavery?

he literally used so much gold up that it basically became worthless

GIBS

They literally skipped the bronze age and went straight into the iron age silly.

What like “go an axe” them to be a part of ancient Mali? I think this issue is solved!

Kek

World superpooper 2040

>He was born around 1280 as “Kanga Musa,” a name that refers to his mother, Kankou Hamidou, in the matriarchal Mandinka society.

Just lol, literally his name was 'Kanga'.

>he earned it
>he didn't just take it in imperialism

>universities
>mosques
yeah weird how none of these things lasted even a few hundred years if this guy was the richest man ever. You know I think there's a word for the type of "rich" that someone can be when they spend their fortune on frivolous, short-term banal pleasures rather than constructing things of lasting worth, but I can't remember what kind of "rich" that is...

jej
yours is better

>theroot.com/when-wakanda-was-real-1822745590/amp
the fucking chimp calls him a baller. nigger ill let you in on some fax ight? all dem niggers from 1900 and back is fucking retarded. all of dem, every nigger wuz a retard, down syndrome lookin ass nigga, (uncle rukus voice)

>muh mansa musa

literally just a nigger with a gold mine and slaves that he sold to arab traders. and he perfectly exemplified the concept of "nigger rich" since apparently "le richest man on earth" blew it all on dumb bullshit and his "kingdom" was still just a bunch of mud huts

Last time white children were left to the wolves the created Rome.

I agree with this woman of colour, lets leave white boys to the wolves.

>aluminium
>1324
Kek

Did you mean tin? Because tin was quite rare because there were no large deposits, plus it was used together with copper to make bronze

The Aztecs, Incas and Mayas had a ton of Gold, did not stop them from being backwards savages

If he was so rich and powerful how did he get his ass kicked by a bunch of crackers?

Well they do have a bit of an excuse here, to make bronze they needed copper and tin, allthough tin was abundant in Africa( while european and middle eastern cultures got most of their tin from the hittites of Anatolya) they quite lacked large deposits of copper for them to exploit or a neccesity for innovation as there was enough space for everyone so large scale war was unneccesary, if you look into it there are logical reasons as to why Africa remained underdeveloped but you wont because why bother

In the name of the wolves : keep your fucking garbage. They'd rather have dog food.

There are rumors that Aluminum was discovered during Roman times, but an emperor had the inventor killed for some reason.

>be Ethiopia
>have 3k old history
>btfo muslims and XIX century euro colonialism
>nobody cares
i guess it's because they were/are christian orthodox. Can't advertise niggers being christians and not devil worshipers.

WE EARNZED IT WE WAZ KANGZ U SEE DIS HUT DIS HUT WE PRAISE HOLY KHABRGATAT THIES GOD GIVE HEALTH AND HEEALING IT A HOSPITAL AND THIZ HUT IZ DE UNIVERZITY WE LARN BOUT HOW THE WHIETY BRINGIN US DOAWN.

Yea, he earned it by enslaving people for his pilgrimage.

Black Panther didn’t even earn it. A meteor of vibranium just fell from the sky.

Also, Wakanda was a hidden place. The Mali empire wasn’t, which is why is fell.

Is The Root even aware of this when they looked on Wikipedia?