The Taliban now control 70% of Afghanistan and surround 4 of the 6 major cities

>The Taliban now control 70% of Afghanistan and surround 4 of the 6 major cities

What went wrong Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5Q75hf6QI
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Sufyan_ibn_Harb
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_history_of_Afghanistan
boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/51-general-reference/24317-aurangzeb-s-firman-against-sati-in-1664.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing. Afghans gonna Afghan.

jews

everything the USA tries to fix, becomes middle east.

>traditional culture that believes in something
>postmodern culture that believes in nothing
>traditional culture wins in the long term
really makes you think

Maybe the fucking opioid crisis will slow down.

the Taliban should have never been our enemy.
they were the rightful government no matter how backwards they were.
The hijackers trained more in Florida than they ever did in Afghanistan

Euros got sick of the US slaughtering the fighters, they protested it, now the afghan fighters have amassed themselves nicely for yet another slaughter in their future.
[B-52 spooling up in the background]

they are the legitimate will of the country though, how do you bomb that out of existence?

merica!

Alexander was the last person to hold that land. Everyone since - the British, the Soviets, the Americans - all maintained or maintain a tenuous grasp at best. What is the difference between Alexander's strategy and all who followed?

The rejection of a mantra of total war and a refusal to crush any amd all resistance mercilessly. Finally, they were never integrated into a larger Western empire in any real sense post-Alexander.

History books ... how the fuck do they work?

That said, the real purpose of being there for Americans is to deny space and influence to China and Iran. That's it.

OK, I am an army officer that has fairly recently returned from deployment to Afghanistan where I was an advisor to Afghan forces.

I can give my opinion and that is about it. What do you want to know?

Nothing

Yeah that's why they are wanting to talk the war out with usa right? Because they're winning?

Why are you LARPing,faggit?

Because they know the war is at a stalemate. The United States needs to withdraw and let the Taliban return.

>What went wrong Sup Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ja5Q75hf6QI

I will start off with saying that the fundamental problem in my opinion is that we are not fighting the right enemy.

We approach the entire 'war' with this idea that it is some sort of outside invasion of a resisting friendly nation. And that isn't the case.

There is no number of Taliban (and there is more than one group than just 'Taliban') you could kill and end this. Because the Taliban are not the problem.

You can stump any number of people who have experience there by simply asking 'if we magically killed every single active Taliban right now...would that end the war for good?' The answer is obvious to those who have been there, and should inform all of our choices. But it does not.

As far as I know he didn't touch the cultures he conquered

It would require 400,000 troops and a permanent commitment to pacify and indoctrinate Afghanistan into a Western style country

I'm not. I'm just very disappointed. This is my second deployment. I have sacrificed important time with my daughter. And not a damn thing has gotten better.

We caution everyone deploying to remember 'you will not win the war while you are there', because of course being Type A kinda guys we sort of want to do exactly that. But nothing really prepares you for watching a slow defeat.

>surround cities
They make up slums?

just kill all afghans and colonize it with chinese or europeans

problem solved?

Is "This Is What Winning Looks Like" accurate?

The US Military is simply just sitting around.

It went wrong a thousand years ago when a part of India known as Afghanistan fell to Islam

Who should you be fighting?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Sufyan_ibn_Harb dot com

WE

Heh Germany of all countries asking how to bomb the will out of a country

>What went wrong Sup Forums?
Afghanistan wasn't glassed with nuclear weapons and Israel was allowed to become a state.

Haven't watched it. Give me a run down.

Taliban are better than boy fucking warlords.

The CIA is selling opium/ heroin.
USA provides the military so Israel can buy all those subs and jets from smack money.
Trump is just another smack pusher.

Fly safe, Bomber Harris

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_history_of_Afghanistan

WUZ

Opposing your will on people that don't want it rarely works. From prohibition to war on drugs to forced democracy. If people don't want your shit you gonna fail.

Do you have a source on this or you are just pulling this information out of your ass?

Oh wow, are you telling me a determined population with nothing but small arms manages to outlast drone strikes?

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.

Sandniggers will sandnig out, for it's in their nature.

AFGHANZ

>Who should you be fighting?

Mostly because I have been ordered. I didn't volunteer to go over.

I can't begin to describe to you how satisfying doing the job was, but how incredibly depressed it is to come back.

I've heard the whole 'we want this country for air bases against Russia and China' argument and all the variations. I can't agree with that. We have plenty of far better bases than what is there and if we decided - in a real war - to come in and take anything there is nothing that could stop us. So I'm not buying it.

In my opinion we are there because no President can pull out and 'lose the war' on his watch.

Daily reminder Afghanistan used to be the centre of world Buddhism before Islam arrived

Bacha bazi

made me kek, you win this time.

The difference is that the US understood european culture and knew where to press, the US knows nothing about Afghanistan and never will. If Iran or Arabia Saudi were the ones invading they would probably know what to do.

poo

exactly what needed to happen. Get a erratic government involved that will make cheap deals and allow you to harvest their natural resources in exchange for ceasefire. If the government can never unite with its people and surrounding countries then they have no way of defending themselves.
Look at Mexico and what the CIA does with the cartels

Joraji shut up, your country suffers from the same amnesia

>Afghan security forces are completely incompetent
>small unit tactics are basically "upon receiving fire, figure out where the fire came from with an accuracy of at most 90 degrees, then fire full auto in that general direction without regard for buildings, civilians or even hitting targets until you run out of ammo"
>everyone fucks children
>Afghans are constantly on drugs
>Afghan counterinsurgency tactics consist of coming into villages, killing some of the Taliban, and then telling the village elders that they have to send all of their young men off to die because the Americans say so
>Afghans assume that the Americans will always be around to provide them with 24/7 emergency support and will always take care of logistics, security, minesweeping, etc
>almost all commanders are corrupt
>commanders will randomly disappear for no reason
>American military command is either completely incompetent or simply doesn't want to hear anything about the reality of the war
>no American soldiers seriously think that the war can be won

Reminder that Hindus used to burn widows before Islam arrived

Yeah, but they are BROWN, guize!

>Implying I'm my country
Geographical/Ethnic Nationalism is Haram, brother.

why not capture the tip?

>before Islam arrived
Topkek, was this part of the syllabus at lal masjid did they tell you how it was only practiced by only the upper caste and how it was abolished by hindus 1100 years after Islamic invasion of India?

The will of the people is like water, you can chop it to bits, explode it into the air, but eventually it will gather in all the same spots. The solution, pun intended, is to change the water. Get some softer talifags in there and support them clandestinely. Be the jew.

Yes Arab nationalism is the only halal form of nationalism

>Not being able to read

Exactly what I expected from an American. I wrote who not why, you fucking faggit.

The gibs ran out.

Seriously the Taliban never went away, USA especially cuck in chief Obama just paid them off not to Taliban to create the illusion of peace.

Now the gibs have run out they are Talibanning again.

A wise old man once said the taliban were the "founding fathers of Afghanistan."

Well America just lies to it's people and backs terrorists like ISIS. Probably did the same there. We're a Jewish puppet.

Strong kingdoms

What was the reasoning behind this?

US still has control of those $$$$ important poppy fields, anything else is window dressing.

They wanted to be one with their husbands even in death

>Who was Aurangzeb?

Stop accepting everything they teach you.

boddunan.com/articles/miscellaneous/51-general-reference/24317-aurangzeb-s-firman-against-sati-in-1664.html

Here's your own propaganda to testify against your dumb ass.

>what went wrong

You mean what went right?
The CIA is very happy their little opium farm is back up and running stronger than ever.

Trust me, no one will ever need to bomb canada the same way no one ever needs to beat up a coward

doubt it, only like 4% of US heroin is from afghan, and its almost all in NY and NJ. plus it all comes from the taliban anyway. the crisis is fueled my mexico and colombia for the west coast and southeast asia for the east

So they weren't cucked posthumously. It's a pride thing. A britbong wouldn't get it.

Burning is probably quicker than getting stoned to death

First Vietnam and now Afghanistan. Why can't USA win over farmers with flip-flops?

Heh, pretty accurate. I'll address a few points from above. But just want to look at the below first.

>>American military command is either completely incompetent or simply doesn't want to hear anything about the reality of the war

This is utter bullshit. Completely not true. Not even in the slightest - although I will say that I understand why someone might get this idea if they have been stationed in Kabul.

We know full well what is going on. But by and large there is no real choice in anything. We have orders, we have to carry them out. We are told to accomplish X and to do Y but not Z by our civilian leadership and we try to accomplish that within the constraints we have.

But you should understand that officers in Afghanistan know exactly what is going on in their area and are under no illusions about the facts on the ground. But you also, and this may be the source of some of the confusion, have to understand that we can not publicly say what we might think.

>>no American soldiers seriously think that the war can be won

I cannot speak for all soldiers. But it would not surprise me if most feel that way. Although at some point it points to the fact that we need to have an honest discussion about what 'winning' looks like and if that vision is reasonable given the tactics we are willing to use.

>why not capture the tip?

Americans lose their tips at an early age.

I heard this story from a Danish/Afghan journalist:

>When Coalition forces assisted the Helmand City of Marjah, we were told on TV that NATO forces saved the police department from being overrun by Taliban.

>However his Afghan sources told him that the police chief was corrupt and abusing / raping children in the city, so the population tried to revolt against him but were killed by NATO forces.

>After that they re-invited the Taliban and Marjah eventuelly fell from NATO.

Do you recognize this picture in your deployments? That coalition forces are basiccally assisting a corrupt and kiddie-fucking afghan government?

Stoning is only for adulterers. Something you cucks find unacceptable.

Burning someone for their husband dying is just tyrannical. Why does she get the blame for her husband's death?

Kek, he killed all the musician too and outlawed art you forgot about those parts, sati was abolished by HINDUS even Pakistan and Afghanistan supposedly have a rule of law does that matter in reality?

Sorry. It does happen. People read or see what they expect to see.

>The military superpower formerly known as Sweden criticising anyone....

murican intervention

The Taliban started as just Mullah Omar and his boys rescuing girls and boys from raping corrupt government officials and killing the rapists.

tamil kingdoms. no one conquers the tamil kings.

Oh look it is the retarded Dane from /sg/ who cannot read a population density map.

Amerimutts haven't won a war since 1945.

Nothing to see here goy.

Every thing apart from Anglo propaganda points towards that it was voluntary and only practiced by the elites but you know how abrahamic propaganda works

Probably the same reason you cut poor peoples hands off for stealing, doesn't exacatly solve the poverty problem does it.

because they're not allowed to straight up genocide them sven. It would only take days to kill every single viet or afghan. There would be no fighting then would there?

Nice trips, faggit

>We know full well what is going on. But by and large there is no real choice in anything. We have orders, we have to carry them out. We are told to accomplish X and to do Y but not Z by our civilian leadership and we try to accomplish that within the constraints we have.
>But you should understand that officers in Afghanistan know exactly what is going on in their area and are under no illusions about the facts on the ground. But you also, and this may be the source of some of the confusion, have to understand that we can not publicly say what we might think.
this is what i meant. there's an officer in the film, a major i believe, who took everything going on extremely personally and was incredibly angry about how the Afghans were acting. raping children, embezzling fuel and supplies, keeping prisoners in terrible conditions without food or water for the purposes of collecting bribes from their families, and so on. he apparently attempted to raise this up the chain of command something like 100 times and was ignored because the highest officers had their hands tied due to politics.

Their are multiple kingdom present in that image

He only force spread Ellenic culture everywhere he went

When u know the history of Afghanistan u know the Taliban is their best bet right now.

Don't believe all the feminist and neocon liars. They don't know shit about Afghanistan other than where to bomb it, and they fail even at that. Lol

>American education

It was controlled by the Persians again, the turks and the Mongols since Alexander fucking 2000 years ago. Parts of Afghanistan were the richest areas in the world just 800 years ago before Mongols arrived

If it was up to me I'd ban the """""""""art""""""""" and """"""""music"""""" you guys shit out

Jews
Aka America
Kek OP have you never heard of Vietnam? Libya? Iraq? Syria?

Media propaganda and disruption.

Also this Not even kidding.

and how did the mongols hold afghanistan? :^)

Kek, we make amazing cinema its just that your country is obsessed with Salman khan

The cutting of the hands is fucking based. It might not solve the poor people problem but at least you don't have shitters going around stealing everything that isn't rightly theirs. If America had such a law you wouldn't get blacks running around with handguns robbing every store they can find and only getting a slap on the wrist every time they're caught.

US in Afghan is just remnant security advisers, special forces, and CIA. The wars been over for years. They're not going to mess with the reason we're there anyway

>If a RICH dead guy has his wife burnt then it's fine

WaOw