What's the greatest anime rivalry of all time?

What's the greatest anime rivalry of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KnkyxaPHzAs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off back to you filth.

Nah

Even in the pokemon anime there was a better rivalry with Paul.

OP said "what's"

This
Kill yourself

>Even in the pokemon anime there was a better rivalry with Paul.
What the fuck are you talking about? Who is even Paul lmao.

Gary is his longtime rival since the start of the series. No rivalry is more iconic in pokemon and probably anime.

You literally can't debate this.

PLEBS

>long time rival

He gave up on Pokemon training when Ash went to Johto. He hasn't been the rival in over a decade. He hasn't even been mentioned.

Yes, it's this one. Or Amuro and Char.

Pic unrelated

Berserk is gay af

people will debate this

GOOD RIVALRIES ARE GAY

Also like this one:

Male rivalries and male camaraderie are both better when there's some ambiguous homoeroticism involved.

Most classical literature that focuses on relationships between two males has it.

;_;

Probably one of these. Leaning towards Char/Amuro personally.

Shinji was good but I like Shota better. Respectful rivalries are the best.

Too one sided to be a good rivalry

Is that even a rivalry? They're allies for most of the manga

Well, Pokemon has been trash since Johto, so you aren't wrong.

Refer to this:

>nostalgiafags so nostalgiafagging they think Shigeru is a good rival when he appeared in like 5 episodes throughout the OS

Gee Sup Forums, if I didn't know any better, I'd swear you only saw the series as a kid and watched the American dub

>Daria
yuck, you need to go back

>He didn't watch DP

Missed out on the best pokemon series, best rivalry, and best League matches.

>Shigeru
>not Alan or Shinji

Even Shooty was better and he was ass

>lmao
Kill yourself.

Nips and taste

>best pokemon series
You misspelled Sun and Moon

inb4 XYfags and S1 humpers

If any of you niggers had a little brain-power, you would know that this is right

Too bad SM is so boring the subbers don't even give a shit about translating it anymore.

>shittest "art" style so far
>quality animation
>best

Who are you quoting? SM's animation is good.

It's really not. You might enjoy the wackier style more with the exaggerated faces being used more often than before for comedy, but when battles begin it's obvious they have actually less movement than in XY/Z.

What the fuck are you talking about, it's the best animation the series has had so far. XY didn't have any squash and stretch at all

/thread

Probably these two.

The show became shit as soon as L was dead

Paul was too much of an asshole to be a good rival. You have to make both sides at least somewhat likable for it to work.

Live action ending was a lot better

RURUSHHH

KAZUMAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

SUZAKKK

Suzaku better still be bro tier when season 3 comes out

Didn't people like Gary as a rival because he was an asshole too?

Where Gary was kind of a smug asshole that just taunted Ash, Paul was a guy that legitimately looked down on him which I thought made him a pretty good rival for Ash. Paul's philosophy towards Pokemon was the exact contrast to Ash's which made it pretty intense whenever they clashed.

Paul was based.

Gary was an endearing asshole, Paul was just a regular asshole. He wasn't really fun to watch at all.

He didn't really have any memorable moments either, and didn't really develop as a character too much. The show gave no reason to like him.

Not that one, Gary is a wildly successful individual, whereas Ash still can't win leagues with his level three billion Pikachu.

this

>lose final
>saves world
>releases greninja
what the fuck was this order of events?

>XYfags
I'm still fucking mad

How come none of you niggas mentioned this?
Is very good too.

I renember that shit storm, /vp/ burned for days, and that threads at 2ch literally wanting to blow up TV Tokio studios

JoJo and Dio

This is probably the most definitive one considering how popular CCA is (much to /m/'s chagrin).

story? how bad did ash lose haven't watched pokemon in a long time

I REMEMBER.

youtube.com/watch?v=KnkyxaPHzAs

Here you go.

Basic rundown is this. Ash finally made it to a Pokemon League finals so everyone was hyping him up to finally get his first League win. Alain is basically Ash's rival for the League. He has an OP Charizard that's beaten him before so everyone was expecting that this time Ash would beat him. Ash also has his mary sue OP Greninja that everyone was expecting to pull out the win after all of the development it went through in the series.

But everything did not go as people expected and Greninja got wrecked with BURASTO BAHN.

They set him up with one of his strongest teams, a special prophecy mega evolution, dialog foreshadowing him winning that made people who hadn't watched the show in years get hype. Then he lost the final dramatic 1v1 beam battle. It was like if Cell killed Gohan.

The director said he's not allowed to win because it would end his eternal journey, lmao.

>suzaku
>bro
things that never happened

Seinfeld and Kramer-san, obviously. So many modern rivalries blatantly model themselves on it, and it basically invented the whole "two rivals eventually become allies" schtick

still waiting for something new...

RYUHOOOOOOOOOUUUU

thanks

Hai, Kazuma desu

user vs virginity

Still mad.

At least he got the girl at the end.

who?

This rivalry spawned better fights than any other rivalry in shounen

>look guys I called something that isn't an anime, anime. i so funny.
Back to /reddit/, faggot.

>It was like if Cell killed Gohan.
Those aren't comparable. Not even close.

Too bad the rivalry itself was lacking. It started out with a lot of potential and Sasuke's betrayal but after that it pretty much stops being a rivalry altogether since Naruto stops trying to surpass Sasuke in favor of "saving" him (so much for "people who betray their teammates are scum!") and Sasuke barely gave a fuck about him for the longest time despite Naruto's growing power being one of the reasons he was vulnerable to Orochumaru's manipulations in the first place.