The Great Debate

The Great Debate.

O

FMA by a mile. Just has the far better characters.

FMA is not full of asspulls

>Great debate
Has anyone ever even thought about this before you made this thread? What next a Soul Eater vs HxH thread?

The Great Shitposting

Considering how FMA didn't me go facepalm, I'd go with it

Also Gon vs Pitou is a shit version of Mustang vs Envy.

The two are equally as good

MY

Fullmetal alchemist takes a shit on everything since then. new chapters after the live action releases.

Every time

Oh I know, next you'll go real old school and do a Astro Boy vs. HxH thread.

DEAD

MOTHER

I've never seen a shounen better realized than FMA.

It was long enough to be good, and short enough to not overstay it's welcome.Everything the series wrote was within it's rules. The MC was strong, but not OP. The guy was cocky, but not undefeatable. He knew when to fight, and when to run. He wasnt edgy, nor a bitch.

Still one of THE BEST series ever.

RUBBER

ALCHEMY.

How the fuck are they even comparable? Envy remained pure evil to the end unlike Pitou.

Anyone even going to bother?
>pic related

HxH. FMA was good but didn't have the emotional impact that HxH did on me

You're making me pick between my children. FMA never gave as many and as powerful emotional moments as HxH did, and is vastly inferior in a production level, but on the other hand HxH has the disadvantage of not being a single story with a start middle and end, no tone consistency, etcetera. They were both insanely good at making me care about every character and wjere HxH edges on interestig fights and fleshed out mechanics, HxH edges on interesting lore and well planned/written plot. I'd give the point to FMA for being a great, satisfying, complete story, but HxH was the one that gave me goosebumps and had me at the edge of my seat. I also can't properly compare them because I read the HxH manga first and watched the anime later as it was airing, then rewatched it from episode 1 a few years later. I never read FMA and only watched Brotherhood, once, so a rewatch might bump it up or down in my head and I still haven't watched the original. As it stands HxH holds a more special place in my heart, I hate loving these series so much because I'm biased as fuck and can't be very objective.

NEN

>, HxH edges on interesting lore and well planned/written plot.
I mean't FMA there, shit.

O

MY

A lot can be forgiven if live-action Izumi is hot. But not all.

Both are overrated as fuck.

>implying
No, FMA:B was the shit.

Name a better shonen chump.

>inb4 Jojo and OP

I just finished HxH 2011, and I'd have to go with FMA:B
>Consistent, grounded mechanics with very little 'power level'-ism
>Better structured story and pace, with an actual conclusion at the end
HxH has great characters and a fun setting, but it definitely accomplishes less than FMA did even with more episodes. There are long stretches of 'so this is the obstacle for today, guess I got to wait before we get back to the meat of the story', even if there were a few great parts when it finally got into it.

RUBBER

shitter x shitter is way below FMA in both anime and manga forms

sao and snk

Shit reddit tier taste

>FMA never gave as many and as powerful emotional moments as HxH did, and is vastly inferior in a production level
>and is vastly inferior in a production level
You are a really stupid idiot. FMA's production quality is light years ahead of HxH.

It's not even a debate for me. FMA just isn't as interesting, doesn't have as many mysteries and the fighting is very straight forward.
It's good, but it's not even close.

It's light years ahead of everything, I'm amazed no one's been able to catch that same atmosphere it gave off. It's just one of a king, I can safely say it ruined me though because I stay away from the brain dead shit anime/manga

Kind*

Hiromu Arakawa is just a great storyteller.

FMA is leagues better.

Thanks for further confirming your stupidity.

Not him.
Should have been more clear, I was talking about fma:b

FMA by a landslide.

Legitimate question: How do you fuckers like FMA? It's full of the god awful tropes that are in every shonen. It doesn't ever let itself get too serious [insert shitty chibi joke immediately after a message about childbirth here], and when it does it's overdramatic "my ideals are correct because I'm the good guy of the story" bullshit. Is it nostalgia?

See?

kids don't know about my "both"
"neither" also works

FMA manga > 1999 HxH anime > HxH manga > 2003 FMA anime > FMA: Brotherhood > 2011 HxH anime

Prove me wrong.

HxH is focuses on chuuni fights. FMA is focuses on telling a story. The answers is clear to anyone not mentally 12.

test

They both have their perks and fallouts, they're top tier animes that will be cherished by me for years to come. You guys will bicker about anything.

Stop saying retarded shit.

FMA for the critics - better manga/product overall.

HxH for the good shounen thrills and tropes and for transcending shounen from time to time (eg kogumi and ant king).

HxH other than the spoonfeeding and ass pulls.
FMAB had too much forced humour and turned into a bland shonen.

it was fun as fuck as ongoing isn't the same as nostalgia, there were lots of things to talk and speculate. Shit ending, fun ride, 7/10

FMA:B appeals to smarter viewers.

This isn't bait but you have to admit the layers of symbolism and philosophy underlying the whole thing is immense, requires knowledge past watching other things in the genre.

Subtext my friend, learn about subtext because FMA is practically drooling in it.

FMA has a more coherent storyline which made it better to enjoy, but it does not have the sense of mystery that HxH have. On the other hand HxH can sometimes degrade into an incoherent mess of side plots and disjointed narrative (probably due to constant hiatuses). The anime of these two are another story altogether, both Brotherhood and 2008 FMA shits on 99' and 2011 HxH, probably due to the virtue of being done by Bones

FMA because it actually ended.

If togashi finished hxh, hxh manga > FMA manga

I can't prove you wrong just like you cannot prove being right.
FMA: Brotherhood > FMA manga > 2011 HxH anime > 2003 FMA anime > 1999 HxH anime > HxH manga

Brotherhood is better than its source material by the virtue of being nearly a 1:1 adaptation with really good audiovisuals, while manga never really makes use of its medium's advantages (art and paneling is nothing special, although by the end of the series Arakawa tried to do some things less conventionally), being carried mainly by story and characters. Old FMA anime is a fanfic with nice animation and music.

2011 HxH anime is better than manga by not being scribbles and better than the old anime by not having filler and needlessly brooding atmosphere.

Hunter x hunter

Not even a debate, HxH hands down.

HxH, I couldn't stand FMA's childish moments during fights, linear story and childish characters

1999 > 2003 > Brotherhood > 2011

Both are fucking awful

>O MY gates of truth or some shit
>not an asspull

Both are top tier shonen

Can't really decide until HxH actually ends.

Right now I like FMA more. I didn't even read FMA up until very recently.

Some chapters kinda felt like Dorohedoro. No idea why.

I hope you're baiting shit lord

>shit taste general
HxH manga >>>>>>>>>>> HxH 2011 > shit >>>>>>>>>> HxH 1999

*tips fedora*

Brotherhood is obviously the better show; I will never understand 2003 fags.

Man, I've got to get around to seeing HxH in it's entirety but GOD FUCKING DAMNIT that shit is long.

Anyhow, FMA:B is my gold standard for anime quality. I don't think HxH stands up but let me get back to you on that.

In a few years.

FULL metal alchemist went straight to shit when kimberly was introduced.

HxH managed to be entertaining throughout its entire run.

Brotherhood fucked up Ishibal so hard. That and the fast paced start are my only complaints about it.

HxH has always been uneven in terms of arc quality. Some Arcs are plain dull.

>Establish something early on.
>Use it at the end
>Somehow an asspull.

Oh my rubber sides.

You just BTFO yourself

Better adaptation of source material doesn't make something inherently superior. To say this is true is to say the TV made The Shining is better than Kuberick's masterpiece.

What has that picture with FMA asspulling to do?

She also seems like good wife material. Not waifu, like an actual good emotionally-complementary wife sort of woman.

HxH is more interesting at times, but FMA is all around a lot more solid.

>the nen of the dead is stronger than you can imagine
This doesn't apply in Hisoka's case since he didn't mean to die. His resolve was always about fighting strong opponents. there was nothing to gain for him from dying. Not to mention the ridiculous personality change after resurrection, where he uses underhanded means to kills Spiders, instead of fighting them head on, like he used to.
OH MY ROULETTE and OH MY KITE. I WILL SACRIFICE ALL MY POTENTAIL were equally bad asspulls.

The retard's first post is this

HxH only has its mysteries because Togashi makes shit up as he goes along, and delay their resolutions and explorations by endless hiatuses.

They're both shit.

I like hxh better than fma. FMA is forgettable.

She seems like a fun interesting woman.
I'd deep dick her raw then make her breakfast in bed. When she wakes up. Which will probably be noon the next day.

gintama

one of them has an ending, the other will never end.
this is not even a question.

This is objectively correct.

i gave both FMAB and Hunter x Hunter 10/10s.
FMAB is more "perfect" in it's story telling, has a really tight story and well-developed characters.
Hunter x Hunter has a more interesting world and power system, probably too many characters but all of them are fun and will probably be someone's favorite, and also it's a bit gayer.

If I had to choose, I'd go with HxH, but they're both amazing and worth watching (or reading).

I think FMA is better as a story. Though the ending is shit.
HxH is better at actually make me feel. But it won't have an ending.
Though choice.

Wait I remembered those shitty talking animals at FMA, HxH is better.

Chimera Ant Arc > FMA > Rest of HxH

FMA is a solid 8/10 from beginning to the end

HxH is a 7/10 first arcs and then peaks to 9/10 in CA arc

Are there people who prefered the first FMA anime in the end or is Brotherhood accepted as the "better" version ? I know that it's at least following the real plot but I have some nostalgia with the first anime.

I don't know, both were good, especially some fights in Brotherhood were classy as fuck, but for some reason the first anime gave off more feelings to me. Like it had some kind of sweet sour melancholy atmosphere I liked.

>ridiculous personality change
dude just got exploded into oblivion because he overestimated himself and fought head on.

FMA