How do you feel about Crunchyroll?

How do you feel about Crunchyroll?

Is streaming still a meme?

"A meme" is not a synonym for shitty. But streaming sucks, whatever site you use. Lurk more.

normalfag enabling garbage, just like netflix.

If you live in Afghanistan with garbage internet, sure. :^)

If you have good internet you have even more reasons to download instead of stream. But thanks for that smiley, now I know you're just a dumb shitposter.

>normalfag enabling garbage, just like netflix.
>just like netflix
The fuck does this even mean? Netflix is literally a normie stream service. It was created for normie watching.

It was never a meme. Just contrarian faggotry. Stream if you don't wanna download. No ones stopping you.

Are you trying to summon Daiz?

If you have good internet, you have zero reason to download anything besides games. Why have something sit on your SSD that's you'll watch once and never touch again?

The website is a bloated mess, so if you try to run it on a toaster you'll get a lot of lag. You'd think that when people pay for a service that they'd work on improving it, but that's just a pipe dream I guess.

BREAKING NEWS:

Their subtitles are garbage. As much as people like to shit on HorribleSubs, they're at least better than that trash

HorribleSubs literally provide like 50% of their subbed shows.

>Why have something sit on your SSD that's you'll watch once and never touch again?
Fuck off newfag

>Hello fellow Sup Forums™ anons, would you like to hear about Crunchyroll ™ now streaming on Twitch™?
Fuck off.
You too, jewtaku shill.

>poorfags who have no space in their computers are the ones who stream
naruhodo

It's a meme in the sense that they apparently don't even have the rights to the majority of the best shows this season.

>better video quality
>can watch it again
>can make screenshots and webms to post
>not limited to whatever is available on your shitty site
>don't have to depend on your shitty site being up

>Why have something sit on your SSD that's you'll watch once and never touch again?
I have never read a worse sentence on Sup Forums than this. Fuck off newfag.

They literally just rip it off Crunchyroll.

try 100% hs is literally cr people

>t. CR marketing team

Are you stupid? Or are you just pretending?
Downloading offers far more advantages to sreaming. You can watch it whenever you want. You can watch it offline. You can download BD versions. You can modify your subitle font.

They're thieves at their roots, thieves worse than us pirates, and I can't forget it.

Sure, go ahead and stream using CR's webplayer which uses the incredibly high-tech bi-linear resizing algorithm to make videos larger. What kind of loser needs fancy shaders and smooth motion anyway? Also for older shows, who needs fansubs? BD quality and proper typesetting are unnecessary anyway.

they killed fansubbing by hiring them but they gave us same day sub but without qc so subs arent that great

(((Yamaha))) pls go

I will ever understand why people pay to watch anime

Useless.
The overwhelming majority of anime watchers are 3rd worlders that can't/won't pay for it.
From those who actually can pay for it, most are normies and don't care, and the rest are old-time fans who are adamantly anti-streaming and also can't fathom paying for something they used to have for free.

Been here for years. Not that you'll believe that though, faggot.
Having four terabytes of storage space doesn't mean filling it with inane shit. You're the kind of person who would frivolously spend money if you had lots of it instead of saving it.

Yamaha > Suzuki. [spoiiler]Are their doujins of them fucking yet?[/spoiler]

My SSD has 1 TB.
t. show-off

>been here for years
wow you mean you started browsing in 2013? I guess you know everything about Sup Forums!
fuck off retard and stop spreading your asinine opinions

>anime is inane shit
Go away then. Why are you even on this board?

>Offline
Sorry, I don't live in the third world. Everybody has 4G on their phones, everybody has reliable fiber. I pity you.

fucking self entitled shills who pretend like they're doing the industry a favour when in actuality they are milking as much as they can out of it. if u wanna support the industry just torrent and buy official merch or just torrent desu

Because this is ironic weeb central. Sup Forums is only good for shitposting.

>4G
Enjoy your 480p with banding issues.
>fiber
Then why not just download then.

Generally better than the meme cartel, except for that one translator they had working on the english subs for Gabriel Dropout and Aho girl.

Also didn't you already make this thread yesterday user?

>His country is so shit his 4G isn't 100mb/s that streams in 4K flawlessly
I am laffin

He could be a dementia troll.

You are the problem, fuck off.

I prefer downloading my anime, but I don't mind the people that use Crunchyroll and those services, not everyone has the time or intellect to browse torrents or links.

yeah with your limited data capped internet

I bet your "4K" stream looks worse than a 720p HS rip upscaled by a decent media player.

25GB every month for about $40 US. Lmao never connect to the WiFi ever.

Lurk for 2 years before posting. Streamfags kill yourselves.

Indifferent, I don't care what you assholes do.

>normie
You're one of them as well.

>banding
What you need to understand is that retards who make these arguments don't even know what banding is. When they compare streaming to "downloading" and say they have the same quality, they're probably talking about VLC or default MPC (EVR shit). They don't know any better. I bet most of them will shit their pants if they saw the same show on a properly configured player on a decent rig vs on a streaming player.

Streaming will always be a meme.

No way ill replace quality over practicality.

>25GB
That's like one BD-rip. If that's enough for streaming, the video quality must be so bad I'm surprised you can still read the subs.

Don't really like anything about their service but at least they're actually getting on production committees and directly funding anime just like Japanese companies involved in anime production regularly nowadays rather than just liscensing.

Not really, the difference affects nobody but people caring about the most minute details of a cartoon that impacts nothing. I can watch a show in 480p or 1080p, don't give a fuck.

and stuttering when panning thank god for smooth motion

You guys ever realize Crunchyjews marketing team probably makes stream threads. Reddit already loves them now they want Sup Forums users to use them.

Yeah great, now they can ruin anime even more by having it pander to western tastes. Fuck off.

>anime in 4K
this will never happen if it's not entirely cg

I stream at 1080

Is that still shitty?

So then fuck off out of this discussion normalfag. Your opinion means fucking nothing and you don't care about the hobby

No, you're not autistic unlike 90% of Sup Forums.

What the fuck are the mods doing
Retard like this should be ban on sight

Mods are newfags, so they probably stream as well.

I mean this season they're on committees for the Centuar show and the Isekai cooking one. I don't think those are particularly western. Kemono Friends definitely wasn't.

Any mods in burgerland are probably sleeping, since it's 7:00 AM on the east coast.

Yes. Educate yourself about bitrate.
But if you think that's good quality you're probably too retarded to learn anything.

>cuck
>reeee
Pick one.

Why don't you go back to whatever shithole you crawled out of?

>Le
Probably a redditor. Regardless user doesn't belong here.

Wow, well done autist, the point went over your head completely.
You mean /jp/ where we still laugh at you guys over this autistic obsession about bitrate on fucking cartoons?

>/jp/
Holy fuck, it's worse than I thought.

I didn't realize Sup Forums had become this stupid.

>he likes being restricted
>he watches what ever crunchyjew allows him to watch
>doesn't care about preservation
Imagine being this gay literal Chad tier faggot probably thinks Naruto is a deep narrative

>and occasionally and event story
What did he mean by this?

Shitty crossboarder memes are not "points".

Only oldfags get riled up about streaming.
Every other nonautisric human being actually prefers streams

Cry more Sup Forumsutist

If they just stuck to the anime stuff and didn't have their cringeworthy podcasts and videos from their marketing teams designed to appeal to casual fans and improved the quality of their service I wouldn't really have much reason to dislike them.

Jesus it's like talking to a wall. Calling every a normalfag who disagrees with you is the same as Sup Forums calling everybody a cuck. This wasn't a difficult concept. Did mommy forget the breathing tubes this morning so you can function mentally?

>/jp/
>we still laugh
>we
Holy shit tbqh famala I see more autists on /jp/ than Sup Forums what fucking threads do you go to?

>oh no they are going to make more interesting series and less generic harems and moeshit now
Good, kill yourself cancer

>streaming

You know where to go back to.

We're autistic about things that actually matter, like how to not fuck up making sushi and blaming the dish for your lack of culinary skills.

I just don't get it. I don't particularly care about video quality and my hard drive is running out of space anyway. Crunchyroll with an unblocker and Adblock is okay for lazy poorfags like me.

I just stream when I'm online and watch my pirated shit when I'm not.

Yes, now they will do more shonen and pretentious garbage.

I bet someone like that won't even notice jitter or dropped frames in a high-motion scene or one of those laggy motion-tracking typesetting on a subtitle filter not based on VSFilter. These are the same kind of people that download those hex=7 re-encodes and complain about "bloat" when an episode is more than 400MB.

I pay for it because it's ridiculously cheap and accessible, but the subs are nowhere near the quality of the good fansub groups.

Sorry, besides screen testing and audio delay, nobody gives a fuck about any of this.

If you are so butthurt that they are not going to pander only to you anymore just watch what you like autist

People don't actually pay for crunchy when you can just get it for free in better quality right?

>accessible
More accessible than a local file. Sure thing, retard.
If you're a poorfag, why are you paying for a cr sub that pretty much doesn't support the industry at all?
>autist
good argument

For archive purpose.

Not everything online will always be available. I say this while also having Kodi, Amazon Video, Netflix, CR, Steam, etc.

>I pay for it

Streaming:
>go online
>watch

Download:
>go online
>download
>wait
>watch

I'd consider that more accessible. Or are you just that poor?

>nobody
That's not how you spell normalfags.

>muh accessibility

I just need to start QBitTorrent, it automatically downloads new episodes from the RSS, then click on the episode I want to watch. You have to do more than me to watch your shitty CR streams, I'm sure you have to log in for example.

I'm not paying, Unblocker gives me access to the site (SEA region), and Adblock gets rid of the ads. Trust me, I don't pay for anything besides necessities like food and internet.

>>wait
You do realize that you can watch it before it finishes downloading, right?

It's a good service but for a fucking streaming website it has a fucking terrible video player.

I delete everything after watching

I want mods to ban every single emoji poster.