NO NO NO NO!!!!

NO NO NO NO!!!!

Who?

People used Daisuki?

Obviously not by what's happening to them.

>Streaming

DAIZ!!!

Didn't surprise me.
Their selection was too small, the Anime Consortium Japan alliance was an utter failure, and pushing into the Chinese and American market was impossible.
Doesn't help that many anime studios actually consider the Cool Japan foundation to be a bunch of corrupt crooks.

Tried them before but they were too slow.

RIP, I somehow got a madoka something plush thing from their service opening raffle/contest too years ago.

D-D-DELETE THIS!!!!!

It was hemorrhaging too much money.
Nips don't really know how to make money from foreigners. They should just stick to selling licenses and let the locals handle it.

The good thing about them is that their content was mostly available here, unlike the alternatives.

Good
Crunchyshit is next

They were responsible for ZZ getting good subs. That's all I know. RIP.

Doubtful, my little lightbringer. Crunchyroll made and makes money, unlike Daisuki.
Or should I say, Die-sucky.

Man, I'm so smart and witty. A real jokester. I only have to tickle myself for half a minute to laugh while making this joke.

Nothing of value was lost. Daisuki is inferior to CR in every possible way.

Pinecone?

Why are all these corporate shills on Sup Forums?

to troll you

It's actually anime-related news.
Back then, when Daisuki was acquired by the ACJ, there was some hope that using that legitimate streaming service would help the industry, since the proprietors were producers creating anime, and not le middle man-meme.
But nowadays, most people know that there's no point in trying to help the industry, because it doesn't need help at all (at least financially), and no amount of shit bought directly from Japan will actively help the anime studios with their overworked staff themselves, which is what the bleeding hearts on Sup Forums and reddit care about when they say they want to support the industry.

don't funk with my heart?

Dem Magic of Stella subs though....

Except being free to use

Fuck.
They were miles better than CR/Funi

Meh, you can watch lotsa shows on Crunchyroll for free. You'd just need to do so at 480i.

>480i
>When you could watch what few shows Daisuki had for free in 1080p right after they aired in Japan

Evidently, they were not, and couldn't compete against the Funiroll/Crunchymation-partnership.

You're trying to talk a scatophile out of eating shit.

Please don't insult moeshitters. They just don't know better.

>streaming site quits
And nothing of value was lost.

That's a very reddit post. Kill yourself

Why is this bad? It's just one more streaming site down the drain.

>nips can't make money of gaijin
>people buy figurines by the truckload

All clueless retards.

Knife, gun, pills, or noose?

>streaming

Okay?

>Crunchyroll made and makes money,

Except they are not.
Cutting people,lowering the quality of the service,less and less relevant Anime,trying to produce collaborations.

They are dying or absorbed soon

To this day I still wonder how were they suppose to make money? Only from revenue from the store and ads? Certainly that isn't viable in long term.

Hey, it was actually hoped to be relevant, since those where the members of the ACJ.
>Bandai Namco Holdings Inc.
>Cool Japan Fund Inc.
>Asatsu-DK Inc.
>Aniplex Inc.
>Toei Animation Co., Ltd.
>Sunrise Inc.
>TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.
>Nihon Ad Systems, Inc. (NAS)
>Dentsu Inc.
>KADOKAWA CORPORATION
>Kodansha Ltd.
>SHUEISHA Inc.
>SHOGAKUKAN Inc.
>GOOD SMILE COMPANY, INC
>Bushiroad Inc.
But then all the nips fucked up, and ACJ is now 100% Bandai/Namco, who took Daisuki over to close it down.

Crunchyroll belongs to a telecom megacorp. They ain't going anywhere down.

Are you implying Daisuki was somehow relevant or important?

>Cutting people,lowering the quality of the service,less and less relevant Anime,trying to produce collaborations.

That is all circumstantial, firing people and lowering the quality of services doesn't necessarily means the company is in financial trouble, second, becoming less relevant? You'll need data to support that claim. In fact, to actually know for sure if CR, or any company for that matter is actually in trouble, you'll need to look at their financial statements, which I don't think are public.

Not having to deal with funi/CR garbage quality was a treat.
I can't believe some retards are cheering for it.

Isn't that what fansubs are for?

Good thing I never actually ended up buying this.

>I can't believe some retards are cheering for it
Give them a break. They were all just trying to fit in, because you're supposed to hate all streaming sites. That's just how Gen Z works.

it's almost like people here download illegally or something like that

Shall I add this to the list then?

>oni no oniichan
>demo-brother
Hmm.
That's all I remember from Daisuki.

Yeah and torrents don't magically pop out of thin air.

>2017
>Fansubs

ayyy

>Less relevant anime.

Take a look at this season catalog.Amazon and Netflix are going hard on Anime and they can't compete with those.

That's pretty sad. I won a Zeta Gundam model from them via the contest they had when they first opened up the site.

That's the only reason it's sad. I guess they had a poll to sub some really old unsubbed anime but I don't think anything ever came of that.

You're wasting your time, Sup Forums really doesn't get how that stuff works.
People still seem to think torrenting anime is better for the industry than watching via legal streams.

I liked the hella cute subs.

Oh no not my bloated Daisuki rips with shit typesetting ;_;

just how much do anime studios earn each year from streaming licenses?

>bleeding hearts
>on Sup Forums
The majority on Sup Forums doesn't give a fuck about the working conditions in Japan.
Toei gets lynched regularly ,despite the fact that they have relatively good working conditions compared to the rest of the industry.

There is no reason to care about the working conditions in the anime industry, either you are good and become a key animatior fast or you handle in-betweens for the rest of your life.
Sup Forums cares about their favorite franchises and the quality of the shows, but not the studio conditions and Reddit is just virtue signaling like usual.

>implying i don't want the current anime industry to crash and burn

No idea mate, Clearly enough for the producer to want to release their next show on a legal streaming site.
Seems pretty counter intuitive though so refuse to support a service, then complain that the service isn't paying paying enough.

>People still seem to think torrenting anime is better for the industry than watching via legal streams.
I torrent because it's free and the superior way of watching anime. Supporting industry is not my concern because there will always be someone who does it for me.

good ridance

There was a time when Sup Forumsnons cared about studios, simply because they didn't know better.

See, That's fine. I can relate to that, while not morally correct you can at least admit what you're doing isn't saving the industry, Isn't helping it flourish and you do so at your own benefit.
The people I think are retarded though are the ones who seem to think CR/Funi don't do shit
That they just steal the show, run it through google translate and charge you up the ass to watch it giving the producers a middle finger
While Horriblesubs come to our rescue, and subtitle it for us to get back the big corporate cunts to the delight of everyone and the producers of the anime.

I don't give a shit where/how you watch anime or even if you like it Which I'm sure isn't most of us but at the very least don't be so braindead as to say
>Legal streaming jeopardises the anime industry.

I wonder what's going to happen with their Beyblade Burst simulcast.

Literally only used it for One Punch Man.

Yes.
Don't forget adding Sony buying Funimation.

>Sony buys Funimation
>DAISUKI goes under

COINCIDENCE???

No, not really. The death of Daisuki was clear as crystal by the end of spring season.

I havent gave a shit about this industry for very long time. It can crash and i wouldnt care

Nobody really ought to give a shit about it. It's a 20-30 billion dollar industry after all.

Daisuki never really lived.

For an official Japaense company. They didn't get jack, this means no ad bucks, which means they started on a death spiral long ago.

The only reason I ever went to Daisuki was for Concrete Revolutio.

They did actually have ads (very annoying ones) and probably tried to get people into Gundam, which was behind a paywall.

Fuck off. Nobody thinks that. Torrenting is just more convenient and better quality.

Japs really are stupid when it comes to marketing and distributing in the west.

Imagine if they got their shit together earlier and started officially subbing the most popular anime in 2008.

Amazon and Netflix can't compete either with their shit tier services
If anything them taking popular licenses away from CR is making sub groups relevant again

It got by just fine before western streaming and it'll be fine afterwords too.
The only thing these legal streams do is to make the medium more popular in the west, which is the last thing anyone should want to happen.

First the light encodes at CR and then this.
Damn

It is done.

>The only thing these legal streams do is to make the medium more popular in the west, which is the last thing anyone should want to happen.

There is nothing wrong with Japanese animation being popular in the west.
It's the US that is the problem since they have a much stronger say in any of this stuff than the usual consumers (South America, Spain, Italy, Germany, France) and as such could influence the Japanese negatively.
Either by fucking it up with their retarded legal system (Harmony Gold debacle with Macross and SRW), self-censorship on the Japanese side for the larger but prudish audience and many more ways US has negatively impacted these people as a whole.

>while not morally correct
It's morally extremely correct. These services work because a small percentage is paying for them.

You just listed all the reasons why it being popular in the west is a bad thing. And don't pretend like the EU wouldn't get involved either if it became popular enough.

>toei has good working conditions
Too bad their shows all suck. I don't care what lip-service article you cite.

He can't keep on getting away with this.

If you want to support the industry by streaming, you should be taking Netflix or Amazon's services. Those are the ones that are actually supporting the industry by participating a bid war for anime licenses, CR on the other hand doesn't want to give much to the industry and would rather choose to take just the leftover scraps.

Daisuki was worse than fucked up colors and awful hardsubs from funi what the hell are you talking about?

I don't see any signs of him stopping, do you?

Nips are still ardent believers of the "work harder, not smarter" mentality.

Well, fuck.

Crunchyroll is normie core and makes millions in net profit per year. They're here forever.

Please, Crunchyroll next.

>netflixes "release all at once" and amazons "lmao 2 paywalls you fucken idiot"
Yeah no, don't be an idiot and support these shitty practices.

But it is already popular even with normalfags and most of them are fine how anime is

>normie
Use normalfag next time

I hope in the near future, CR releases everything at once behind 2 paywalls, and that the late-night shit anime Sup Forums likes to talk about can only be seen on streaming services in Japan as well.

who?

Guys!
Don't worry!

As long as HorribleSubs lives, we will have proper subs. So it doesn't matter what happens to DAISUKI, Funimation or Crunchyroll.

A damn shame. I think all streaming is garbage, but at the very least this was closer to the source, you didn't have retard middle-men taking their cut, injecting their politics, and potentially eventually meddling with future works. More of the money would have gone to at least the production committees, and obviously hopefully the actual studios, animators. That's why I didn't mind throwing $5 at them a month, even if I never really even bothered watching an episode through them.

But I don't understand how they could have been retarded enough to fail. These were some of the top rights holders involved in anime production. They have the rights to the shows they make, and can decide what gets licensed where. Then why license your shit to your direct competitors, in this case cr/funi? How in the world does that make sense if you're trying to promote your own streaming service? They could have easily shut them out by just keeping their own series and promoting their site, literally nothing else needed. Instead they shut down, and these other garbage companies live on.