Why is filler resented?

Why is filler resented?

Because plotfags.

because it's usually not very good, OP

when it's good it's usually appreciated on merit

hope that helps clear things up for you!

They're side stories and can help expand a world. There is nothing inherently wrong with them unless there is a blatant quality dip due to the show's directors being less talented than the mangaka. In cases where the director and his team are superior writers to the mangaka I think it can actually save a series, which happens more than one might think because most mangaka are terrible writers.

But many people judge on the basis that it IS filler rather than simply the quality of the filler.

>But many people judge on the basis that it IS filler rather than simply the quality of the filler.

yeah and lots of people bring umbrellas when they need to go outside and the clouds are dark

That's implying that an animation team doesn't have better writing capabilities than a Mangaka, which is all to often the case unless it's a writer/illustrator team.

Do they complain they got wet even when it turns out it didn't rain?

9/10 times they are about the protag beating a villain of the week.
In rare cases they flesh out side characters' personalties, but studios rarely go that route.

Because in most cases they blatantly butt in on the momentum and pacing of the original story. See the Murata One-Punch Man as an easy example.

Something like A Bride's Story is a good example of filler, because the manga's format is based pretty heavily on slice-of-life stuff, the extra chapters don't stick out as much.

Same reason why adaptations are worse than original works.

There are many examples where they are superior.

But in most cases, they're not, because the staff doesn't actually like working on the anime adaptation.

filler is only hated by people who secretly hate the anime that they're watching and just want to get through it as fast as possible

It fucks with the pacing.

That and I don't like having my time wasted. I generally prefer shorter stories to longer stories.

Because, apart of the fact that it serves to extend the series if the source material is still being produced/is lacking at the moment, they aren't good most of the time...though exceptions exist.

On the other hand it expands on the setting of the series, though this expansion differs in quality (see the most of the time they aren't good part).

quads...

Because the 90% of time is shit, name a good filler that is not Gintama.

This, but.
Goku and piccolo driving ep
Endeavor fighting Noumu ep of bnha animu

FMA 03 filler.

>Goku and piccolo driving ep
Main reason I didn't say 95%.
>Endeavor fighting Noumu ep of bnha animu
Meh, it wasn't bad.

In many cases, the filler unfortunately is being contradicted later by the chapters of the adaptation, which is why people don't tend to like it.

Standard Naruto filler:
Fighting a local ninja thats a bad guy
Narutos version of ATATATAT is him using his kunai and clashing; no techniques what-so-ever; no fox chakra, no shadowclone, nothing.
After losing for most of the fight, he does his Rasengan is wins in one hit, despite being weaker, slower, and dumber than the villain of the week, who proceeds to be shocked and takes the rasengan on the chin.

That's at best. At worst, it creates a precedent for a new tactic or move that will be ignored in cannon.

>name a good filler that is not Gintama.
K-ON's filler managed to change what was a subpar manga into an great anime and it fleshed out the characters to a surprising degree.

YuYu Hakusho's final arc was more satisfying in the anime because it had filer to not make it as awfully rushed as the manga.

Bleach filler oft manages to be really well written and fanstastically animated.

Quads so exciting I had to dance

Urusei Yatsura filler made the series

Got really disappointed to see how straight she was played in the sub compared to the dub

>what are all of those shitty fillers that are about one annoying filler character that no one gives a shit about
The only decent Bleach filler was the Zanpakuto one.

>Why is filler resented?

Because they're pointless.

If they're not important to the story, the characters growth and so on then we don't need to see it. They don't advance the plot.

>Distract from the plot
>Pointlessly lengthens a story
>Introduce characters that usually never show up again
>9/10 times they are shitty fanfic tier stories

Most of the time the stories that end up having to use filler don't have a "concise" plot and are already just a continuous stacking of adventure stories to milk a franchise.

Can we just have a Juri thread?

Because most of the time it fucks up pacing and isn't written very well.

It's not canon and therefore pointless

Can cause issues with pacing and consistency.
Fist of the North Star did it fairly well in the anime where various looks serve under Shin in order to build up to their rivalry and subsequent fight, as opposed to being a few chapters that end in a curbstomp.
The important thing is that it's not prolonged unnecessarily and it can potentially have meaning later, though the disjointed nature of the adaptation and the original material reduces the chance of this happening depending on the involvement of the creator and the foresight of the adapter.

>They're side stories and can help expand a world.
Often, they don't, and literally waste time, as if they're there just to fill time. Hence the word "filler"

>every getter anime and OVA vs the manga

fuck no I can't find one example.

So breather episodes aren't needed either?

Are anime-only arcs considered filler ? Because I remember Saint Seiya's Asgard saga being absolutely based.

It's faggotry, just ignore the haters.