ITT: Manga that you still hope will get an anime adaptation

No one has uploaded that Drama CD yet huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTYRrn1Q6j8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hoshi no Samidare.
One day Gain-I mean Trigger will make it for sure.

Grand Blue
Dungeon Meshi

>wanting anime adaptations of manga you like
Newfags.

I guess I'll hope for anime adaptations of manga I dislike.
>Black Clover getting anime this October
Well shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=KTYRrn1Q6j8

Wait shit, I don't remember this page. Did he make more of the first couple?

>any of Mizukami's manga getting an adaptation
>ever
yeah sure buddy good luck with that

Don't they get divorced?

I thought that was a different couple

Yea. They appear on and off again after the first two volumes.

The original couple are still together. OP image is from a more recent chapter.

None of them because it seems like every time a manga I like gets an anime it dies.

>Dungeon Meshi
It has to happen someday, right?

How so? Does the quality of the manga drop off or does the anime bring in shittier fans?

20th Century Boys

it was already announced for meshi

Either it stops getting updated after the anime flops, the rate of updates slows dramatically or it just meanders off into oblivion. There have been a few exceptions but I've learned that getting an anime adaption is a death knell for the manga 7 or 8 times out of 10.

Generally for series that were slow to update already. Something in a mainstream magazine will generally already have the fans.

Fucking sucks, but what can you do.

>stops getting updated, the rate of updates slows dramatically or it just meanders off into oblivion

Most mangas that go on long enough get to this point eventually, anime adaption or no. It seems like Japanese writers have no idea how to actually end a series gracefully.

I'm still impressed that the troll chart for fall 2014 has had up to the present moment some seven shows out of twenty being adapted.

grand blue will never get one due to the underage drinking

It may just be coincidence but the correlation is strong enough that every time a manga I like gets an anime my first reaction is more "damn it" than "fuck yeah."

You know, I don't entirely disagree. There are exceptions of course where telling the full story requires more than 10 volumes but generally yeah, she's right.

A lot of manga that go on for a super long time have a flexible overarching plot, if they have it at all. Some sort of end goal and progression, but easy ways to inject as many arcs and chapters and expansions as they need to milk that shit.

Fullmetal Alchemist, on the other hand, went on for fucking 27 volumes and it didn't feel like it wasted a single one, at least to my memory. It was also only 108 chapters, though, if I recall correctly so it's not like its had a bloated number of chapters really. Just large ones. Seems like each volume was 2-3 chapters.

FMA did it right. It felt like the author had the whole story planned out form the beginning and it just took that long to tell it. Too many manga start off without a planned ending and they just keep going until they get axed or become popular enough to just never die. A lot of times it feels like the manga ends simply because the author got bored of it.

Okusan. I mean, c'mon, there has to be good money in animating those big bouncing personalities

Yotsubato

I feel like this could be pretty fun.

I loved Criminale, if only ir had ended less abruptly.