Knight's & Magic

>draw a girl

Seriously though, this gets good later on, right?

it depends what you want out of this show.

A solid story; believable, compelling characters to act as surrogate friends, pretty design style and decent animation. Minimal filler and tropey bullshit

i just want to watch trap-kun's Mecha Invention Corner without the giant cgi mosquitos interrupting twice per episode

>A solid story; believable, compelling characters to act as surrogate friends, pretty design style and decent animation. Minimal filler and tropey bullshit

Ahahahahaha

>Sup Forums said this was AOTY
I got meme'd again

But it's fun.

>fun
How? Please explain to me your thought processes in more detail. I am curious. All I see is a weird, wish fulfillment device centered around the shota. The action is tensionless, the supporting characters are bland... what else is there?

I like Eru's enthusiam/mecha autism and the robot fights are cool.

jesus, i doubt there is any anime that you would enjoy with those expectations.

its a fun show about a mecha autist living his dream, alot is cut from the LN's so at least in this adaptation its more focusing on the major fights and ignoring most of the slowers parts

Yes the completely dead threads kept alive by that one /m/fag signals it totally gets good user

The only thing that stands out to me about this series is how emasculate the gary stu MC is. It's not often you see a wish fulfillment MC for people who want to be cute little boys. I can see this archetype getting old very fast, but at least for the time being it's new, and stands out. I've skipped through most of the action scenes. They add very little to the story, and haven't been particularly interesting visually, either. I'm sure there's much, much better looking mecha fight scenes out there, which don't rely so heavily on CGshIt

It's not my fault you're angry and bitter about everything. I never once claimed this was the pinnacle of mecha or anything, but I find it enjoyable and the CGI is pretty well done.

Lol, yea I typically drop alot. But since I started watching anime as a serious hobby, my standards have relaxed severely. I've come to accept that the attention to detail and compelling storytelling that I'm looking for just aren't going to be found in this industry.

What I don't understand, however, is why those traits are lacking so heavily from manga. There should be time and money, there, for individual creators to really craft a quality story and real characters.

The CGI looks like a sega saturn game

I want to know what sega saturn games you've been playing.

While I am certainly a bitter, angry person, I don't think you can pass all the blame to me in this case. The MC is just extremely one dimensional. Very little about him feels real, relateable, or compelling at all. More than anything else, the obvious wish-fulfillmentry in his characterization just makes me feel depressed about how shitty my life is in comparison, or vicariously embarrassed for the type of people who actually find that kind of transparent pandering exciting or enjoyable.

>I don't think you can pass all the blame to me in this case

>just makes me feel depressed about how shitty my life is in comparison

If you don't like it already, drop it.

Yes, I openly acknowledged that about myself. I'm not trying to hide it. I also understand that, at least in this case, it doesn't make my opinions wrong. I can be a depressed, miserable loser without also being a complete idiot about my taste in cartoons, if you can imagine.

Is there a release date for the full ED?

Show is mediocre so far but Eru is a fucking riot. He's the only reason I'm still watching. If this show had a different kind of MC it'd be completely unremarkable. Though I have heard a lot of content has been cut from the novel.

>a fucking riot
Novel, unusual archetype but severely lacking as an actual character.

>Though I have heard a lot of content has been cut from the novel.
user says it's just filler for the most part

Thing is, even filler could have maybe given some of the characters a little more... perhaps not depth, but personalities? In the anime only Eru really seems to have one.

I'm not expecting to find much depth here, but yea even beyond that the supporting cast is really flat.

there was apparently a whole arc about eru growing up and attending school with the two siblings that the anime compressed into like a quarter of episode 1

10 year old Eru arc, where he cast the 18 fireballs. Most of that arc was harry potter, introducing the characters and haphazardly throwing the plot together little by little. He doesn't get in the damn robot until the end of the first volume.

Even the LN is pretty skimpy on personalities. I think the dwarves and the mecha pilots have more characterization than the main girl who's sole purpose is drool over Eru while he ignores her.

Out already

it wasnt a joke its a really shitty season

I don't know, he's pretty boyish.

This, he doesn't look like a girl.
He's just a pretty boy.

A matter of different tastes. Like pineapple on pizza. Everyone should be able to listen and vocalize different opinions in a coherent manner. Neither is wrong

Is there a penis?

>Seriously though, this gets good later on, right?- 33 posts and 6 image replies shown.
No.

maybe

does your dick care?

>pineapple on pizza
Absolutely fucking disgusting kys

>any LN/manga original
>AOTY

i liked the idea of some dude making his own mech and taking outdated technology and improving it, but i really hate magic and everything else in the show. the exo designs also really offend me.

>it's the only mecha this season
it doesnt help that most if not all mecha recently sucks ass.

>the exo designs also really offend me.
they looked fine without the helmet armor

with it they look like fucking mega man

doesnt help the hands look like a god damn megabuster when folded up

What? It's almost konosuba tier of 'fun', just accept the Sup Forumsutis/m/ within you user.

Best trap this season.

The most offensive aspect, really, is the self insert pandering revolving around MC. It would be an average, okay show if they dialed that back and made him an actual character, with traits and aspects beyond "he's a cute shota who is also a genius and who is perfect and flawless in absolutely every way." UGH

eru x astolfo x felix
>it aint gay if its in a three-way

The problem with these adaptations is Japanese studios are too afraid to go outside any established lines or take any creative risks whatsoever with any work. This is an anime, not an LN. They have to make the character development work in 20 minutes. But instead of adjusting for that, they instead just say "Well, the manga sold pretty well so we're just going to cram as much of that in as possible, and if it sucks and doesn't work well, who cares. It'll still sell because the manga sold, and my ass won't be on the fire for it."

It's not a trap.

i can get past that for the most part, i mean it's annoying. after IBO i just dont really know what i want anymore. I just want decent fights and a decent story, but you know. i dont really have that here either.

the weird hands on the back of the mech are unnerving to me though, i know what theyre going for, but it's weird. part of me is expecting it to explode into some weird eldritch abomination.

They just completely barrel through any potential character development.
>non-character narrator just talks for 5 minutes of episode one, verbally explaining MC's circumstances, relationships, and motivations

I don't give a damn about Japan's juvenile obsession with humanoid combat machines. It's fine if they want to include that in a story. Doesn't bother me at all. But there had better be an actual story, and like you said, that's just not here.

>UGH
Fuck off back to your shithole

>I don't give a damn about Japan's juvenile obsession with humanoid combat machines.
Then why the fuck are you watching it or even posting here?
It's clearly the target audience and that's all the audience want, cute girls is a plus.
Fuck off to MAL or something.

>that's all the audience wants
Apparently!

>MAL
I'm still transferring my .doc records to their website. It's a chore and bothers my carpal tunnel. I might abandon it and put the effort into AniDB for their recommendation algorithm

>Then why the fuck are you watching it
Sup Forums told me it was great

It's great if you're not a stuck up anime pro fresh off reddit/MAL.

I get that alot and I understand why because in many ways I place my own opinions over Sup Forums's need for conformity, although I understand the importance of establishing common references in a community like this to prevent outsiders from ruining the board culture. I'll be a little more careful about that, and less flagrant about the acceptable vernacular here. Truth be told, though, I'm almost 100% Sup Forums. I tried joining a reddit community once, and got banned in about 20 minutes for (very politely and gently) telling them they were an embarrassing bunch of wussies.

It'd be great if he was just a cute mech pilot and not such a massive gary stu

>Sup Forums told me
Sup Forums is autistic as fuck, just like the MC and this show.
I still find it mind numbingly fun

You should neck yourself.
Sup Forums told you.

>fun
It's a little sad how this word is used to justify works that are, by and large, disappointing, unintelligent, and creatively lacking works. It's like openly saying >It sucks, I know, but tropey gimmicks are really enough to keep me satisfied and I don't need anything else.

And even that would be fine if it was only the case sometimes. But it's not only sometimes.

>disappointing, unintelligent, and creatively lacking works
mind numbingly
It has giant robot R&D, robots vs monsters and robot against robots, all in one show.
The MC enthusiasm is contagious enough to make me recall my old young autistic self wanting such ideas about robots.

Besides its a modern day japanese LN adaptation, expectations are already zero from the start.

When Ikaruga going to appear? OP and ED scene not counted.

At this rate either ep8-9(created), and at ep10(test run,conflict/combat).

>isekai shit

>konosuba tier of 'fun'
How about no ? The MC isn't interesting at all, the only fun thing about him is his mecha autism, and that's it. The other characters manage to be even more bland and uninteresting.
The plot isn't engaging either and as far as mecha is concerned, the fights aren't really good.

The only things that keeps me going is Ernesti's cute face, med-fan mechas (wich I will love regardless of how good something is) and that I want to finish it now that I started it.