Simple facts about the AR-15 the media doesn’t tell you

Some simple gun facts that the “media” (propaganda) doesn’t tell you.

•Assault weapon is not a technical firearm term. It is a buzzword created by politicians.
•The AR-15 is not an assault rifle. An assault rifle is classified by the US Army as an intermediate cartridge firing SELECT FIRE rifle. Select fire means the firearm can be selected between multiple firing modes. These being Semi-auto, Automatic, and sometimes burst fire.
•Burst fire, and automatic weapons are highly regulated and require an extensive background check, as well as a $200 tax stamp and 10 fingerprints sent to the ATF. Machine guns are not common at all in the United States.
•Whether you’re a European, Asian, African, American, or in any other geographic location, owning means of self defense is an inherent right. Why should you not be able to band together with likeminded citizens in order to overthrow an unjust government? If you have no means of doing so, you’re a Slave to your tax receiving masters.
•The AR-15 stands for Armalite Rifle and nothing more. The AR-15 is the civilian version of the Colt military M16 which is a proper automatic assault rifle.
•Civilian AR-15s are made specifically to be extremely difficult to convert to automatic. Why wouldn’t they be ?
•The 2nd amendment isn’t about hunting, no matter what politicians try to tell you. Do you think the Founding fathers, that just separated from the most powerful empire the world has ever seen, were worried about us losing the right to hunt ? Without the 2nd amendment all other rights are void.
• In 8/10 Cases of gun violence, the gun that was used was not lawfully acquired. Law abiding citizens don’t kill others law abiding citizens.
•The vast majority of gun violence offenses aren’t committed with said “assault weapons.” Theyre commited using handguns.

I think I can see the bumpfire switch.

Remove niggers and our gun crimes are on par with Belgium.

amen

Do you have a nice infographic for that?

So much this. They're no longer needed. Send them back to Africa.

OP here,
If guns were the problem, would America be complete fucking anarchy?
There are more guns than people here, if guns were the problem America would’ve broken apart long ago

I don’t. There isn’t one as far as I know. Look up gun crimes by country, then look at us gun crimes by race. Do the math, and then presto, you got your answer.

People have this strange mental image that everybody in america has a machine gun at all times, which is especially funny when it's actually easier to get guns in Finland than in for example California.

>The vast majority of gun violence offenses aren’t committed with said “assault weapons.” Theyre commited using handguns.
And Bingo was his fucking name-o.

And yet LA's gun buyback programs pays far more for "assault rifles" than for caliber 9mm and lower.

Stoner called it an assault rifle.

Because they cost more, asshat.

mfw morons in LA think Stoner Park is a weed thing.

And did u know u can YouTube how to hack the charging mechinsum to make it military grade. The Vegas shooter i think had one modes

You have a source for that second to last point? Im not saying youre wrong im just interested

I’m not an expert on the development of the AR-15/M16 but I’m pretty sure the automatic military version was created before the civilian version. So stoner would most likely have called it that. And I’m sure after colt bought the rights to it and sold it to the military, the Assault rifle was top of the line when it came to infantry rifles of the time. So it would be used to bring it to par with the Soviet AKM/AK47 rifle. So either way. The AR-15 civilian variant isn’t an assault rifle.

You should add AR-15s are not uniquely American. Semi-auto civilian legal AR-15s are legal in dozens of countries. They are one of the core rifles of the popular 3-gun competition sporting events held worldwide (Canada, most of Europe outside the UK, South Africa, the Philippines, etc)

The rifle is not inherently more dangerous than any other rifle. The only reason they are used so often in American shootings is their low cost. Entry level shrubmaster, m&P-15 sport, DPMS and the other low end models can often be found for under $500 in most sporting goods stores.

He was talking about the select fire version

>Whether you’re a European, Asian, African, American, or in any other geographic location, owning means of self defense is an inherent right. Why should you not be able to band together with likeminded citizens in order to overthrow an unjust government?

HAHAHAHAHA

That's so fucking funny that you actually believe that. Are you 12?

Tell me how you are going to overthrow the government

You forgot

>the government will not allow you to purchase a select fire rifle
>the government gives those to drug cartels and terror cells across the globe

I honestly wouldn’t expect a Brit to understand this but ... governments rely on the people to function. And the people run these governments. The problem arises when the government feels it is untouchable and can control every facet of people’s lives. And if you truly don’t believe that you can overthrow the government, wouldn’t it be better to be killed with a gun in your hand rather than be a defenseless sheep?

Something to add, fellow /k/ommando, is that fully automatic weapons are mostly for suppression and serve no real purpose in terms of eliminating targets. Fully automatic weapons cover the LMG for suppression fire and keeping the enemy combatants in cover.

Accurate, well placed shots from a bolt gun or semi auto rifle would be much much more devastating than randomly spraying a fully automatic rifle around, you'll get a lot of oddly placed rounds that aren't as lethal as shots to the thoracic cavity or properly centered shots aimed at the center of mass.

By resisting the police state that has to be created in order to enforce laws.

What, you think that a dictator is going to use heavy military assets to flatten infrastructure, business's, functional homes, roads, bridges. Vital structures to support his army?

No, the resistance will be infantry v infantry firefighting. Because at the end of the day, in order to enforce authoritarian laws, you use a police force comprised of the military, etc.

>You have a source for that second to last point? Im not saying youre wrong im just interested
His numbers are for general gun crime, mostly dindu on dindu violence using stolen firearms

For spree killings virtually all firearms were legally purchased and a background check was performed:
>Aurora: James Holmes legally bought them
>Sandyvagina: Adam Lanza used family owned firearm,s legally purchased by his mother
> San Bernardino: The derka derka legally bought his guns
>Texas church shooting: Devon Kelley legally bought the ruger AR variant from a local gunstore
>Orlando club shooting: Omar legally bought a Sig MCX (AR variant. More expensive than the bushmasters used by most of the others)
>Vegas County music festival: Big arsenal, some very nice rifles, all legally purchased by the crazy millionaire
>Oregon college shooting: Chris (I forget his last name) used a fucking Del-ton rifle. The $380 piece of shit is one of the cheapest ones out there
>Lafayette Theater (the non-batman theater shooting everyone forgets): He was very mentally ill, previously committed involuntarily in mental health facility for previous violent behavior, and still passed the background check to legally buy the gun
>Black church shooting: Dylan Roof Legally purchased the handgun despite his arrest for drugs. Since he was still pending trial he was able to legally buy the handgun used for the killing
Fort hood: Derka turncoat had a legally owned meme gun in his terror attack
Other fort hood spree killer: Lopez was a different asshole who shot up fort hood a few years later. Also legally owned firearm.
>navy yard shooting: Despite having serious mental health issues being treated through the VA, he still bought the gun used in the shooting

tl;dr

The feds are unreliable and fuck up constantly letting mentally ill people or suspected terrorists pass their background checks.