New Devilman Crybaby PV:

New Devilman Crybaby PV: youtube.com/watch?v=b9-CbhrXy7I

Other urls found in this thread:

geekgamer.it/2016/01/intervista-a-matsuzo-machida-e-miyako-kato-il-duo-creativo-dietro-alla-serie-shadow-hearts/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Demons love blood.

>flash shit

Cast:
Uchiyama Kouki - Fudo Akira
Murase Ayumu - Asuka Ryo

Gotta say, I'm pretty excited for it.

>a new devilman series is coming

best timeline

Devilman is gonna bring manime back

It's fucking great.

Not a fan of the protag redesigns, Akira looks pretty nondescript (and I mean, sure, Akira was nondescript by Nagai protag standards but different by general anime/manga standards) and Ryo pops out more but I still prefer the old design, especially the hair style. They kinda just look like Tatami Galaxy characters but without the white skin tone & other little things to make them stand out.

Otherwise looks good, the underground night club massacre scene looks pretty well animated from what they showed and the line work on this shot resembles Nagai's best drawing.

This one.

Weird seeing Devilman of all things with thin lines but hey it looks well animated so whatever.

ORE WA AKUMA DEWA NAI

I don't care for those designs at all. Vs Cyborg 009 looked great, why couldn't they have gone for that instead?

Go back to ANN Yuyucow

This looks a lot less overtly Flash-like than Lu (which I still really like but that style would not have fit Devilman) and the only thing people think of as a "Flash problem" is the lines. They definitely have a "Flash line took" quality to them but a lot of modern anime is not much different at all; a lot of episodes of Kill la Kill for example had more glaringly even and robotic looking lines than this (though they may have been fixed in the Blurays, I've not watched those) and it's obvious they know you can vary line thickness with the line tool (by creating the outlines of the outline so to speak and then filling them up) as seen by this shot of Ryo's eyes.

And they can also make it look raw and messy like the manga when it matters

>Vs Cyborg 009
end yourself

Looks like they included the post-fusion scene of Akira beating up the asshole bullies, even including Akira's "hand forward" attack pose from the manga. The 80s OVAs made a significant mistake by not including.

A slightly more serious design but still looks like the original character
Where as this doesn't look like Devilman at all

Because Yuasa.

His stuff isn't usually on model.

So going for a specific look, like the Go Nagai look can prevent him from doing crazy visuals or people will just complain it looks inconsistent.

>satan will never be your gay stalker

What did Yuasa mean by this?

I hope the guys he beats up will still look Popeye-esque. A lot of Yuasa anime characters do after all.

I'm not a fan of the character redesign but everything else looks great and promising.

>So going for a specific look, like the Go Nagai look can prevent him from doing crazy visuals
I don't think that's remotely true.

The Reflection is such an abortion, it's so obvious DEEN doesn't give a shit (more than usual)

>he didn't watch Tiger
>He didn't learn the spirit of a true man

Who the hell is that? Is it a new character?

I said earlier I'm "not a huge fan" of the designs. But even then, I'd much rather have a very different style over a blandification of the existing one.

The OVAs looked better than both I think, because it kept the core idea of the designs (which Crybaby sadly did not) but drew them in a very Ghibli-like style (because the character designer was actually a Ghibli guy). It was really interesting seeing a style normally used with family films, which don't even show a lot of gore even when it would make sense to (guy getting dismembered in Mononoke) applied to a Nagai project.

It's my original character Bryo

MY FATHER DIED

I wasn't too much a fan of the ghibli style.

I think they nailed Devilman's art with the Amon OVA.

Toei can't even give us a Springer spinoff, so fuck that.

the cancerest meme

I don't get why that page became such a big thing

What do you mean by "nailed"? I think that OVA looked great but it was still the core idea of the designs applied to a different style. The only truly accurate animated adaptation of the manga style was a coffee ad.

>story is barebones after vol 1
>no good fights
>nothing entertaining happens except the nuke
>bland characters, although MC's sweater looks good, would wear
>only shocking scene was spoiled to everyone beforehand
>who gives a shit about the Akira-Ryo homolust relationship?
>now directed in Flash

Why do people like Devilman again?

It's a Tumblr meme so of course it's stupid.

People think the lack of an over the top reaction on Ryo's part is proof Nagai couldn't draw expressions, even though other characters get plenty of exaggeration and it was clearly intentional for Ryo to not show much emotion.

So you have people smugly enjoying Devilman in a semi-ironic condescending way who think they draw better despite the Nagai of that time being able to draw circles around them (and was just held back by deadlines & working on multiple series at the same time which is why there are a bunch of weird mistakes in Devilman).

Maybe just maybe

hmmm

perhaps people read it

ok this might blow your mind

maybe it was read by people

woah holy shit

who werent spoiled before hand

wow

>Why do people like Devilman again?
We don't.

We're just waiting for the Violence Jack adaptation, which can only happen if this succeeds.

Sounds like Devilman is just not your thing and you mistake "not my cup of tea" for "bad storytelling". Like giving a shoujo romance manga a 1/10 because you don't like romance.

REEEEEDDIT SPACING GET OUT

I don't know what meme this board is from, but you have to go back.

Devilman is amazing, Jack is amazing when it's a good arc.

I don't think Yuasa could handle it though especially after seeing the choice he made for the character redesigns in Devilman. Give Imagawa a budget and market it heavily to fujoshi using Tatsuma & Mondo.

Make no mistake.

Violence Jack is Nagai's magnus opus, not Devilman

31 volumes of pure carnage that will trigger every SJW worldwide.

Bring it on, EVIL TOWN.

>Masaaki Yuasa

Masterpiece that Sup Forums will call "pretentious" because of the artstyle.

Are those Sirene's feathers I'm looking at?

>Go Nagai

Masterpiece that Sup Forums will call "shit" because of the shit adaptation.

looks shit just like all the other yuasa shows

>Go Nagai
Masterpiece

Only sjw cucks hate on Go Nagai because they can't handle transbian relationships that don't fit in their world view.

I hope the girlfriend doesn´t die again.

If it becomes popular and they can't nip it in the bud (and I could easily see that happening to Jack if executed well) then it becomes "sometimes problematic but overall extremely feminist, queer-positive, anarcho-communist and pro-Antifa"

In this case they'll take the scene of Devilman slaughtering General Custer & his men in Shin Devilman as proof that Nagai thinks assaulting nonviolent people for having the wrong opinions is correct. Even though those guys were literally murdering native Americans en masse.

As much as I like Yuasa, this looks too Yuasa, I wanted it to be more Nagai. I'm sure it'll still be good, but I'm not terribly excited.

SJWs love Devilman and then they check out Lady and Jack and think "uhm Devilman was problematic"

If those got popular though I'm 100% sure they'd find a way to call them extremely progressive There are still some fangirls who love Jack though, mostly those who aren't brokebrained enough to think people will go out and rape after reading a comic (especially one where rapists are violently slaughtered)

I've seen no fanbase for Lady but I don't really like it much either aside from some monster designs

I saw a comment on tumblr calling Devilman homophobic because of the way Satan is portrayed.

>I've seen no fanbase for Lady
I'm the fanbase. Another masterpiece that's going to trigger SJWs if adapted properly.

Remember when nobody on Sup Forums cared about what SJWs or any other normalfags thought? Fucking Sup Forumsermin ruined this entire site.

*"uhm Nagai was problematic"

The story in Lady cheapens the hell out of the events in Devilman and the ending is just bad. I'd much rather think of Jack as the follow-up because it's way more interesting.

>The story in Lady cheapens the hell out of the events in Devilman
No they don't.

>the ending is just bad.
No it's not. The ending is the best we could possibly get.

Is Shin canon?

I mean among internet fangirls. Sure it's 'problematic' but the story and art around it is not as interesting as other Nagai manga so I'm not gonna blame that for its lack of popularity.

From what I gather, it is and is even included in recent volume compilations.

I dunno why western fans were so triggered (I say "western" because Japanese user scores are very high). You could say it doesn't make perfect sense logically but then neither does Ryo's underground night club. It made sense thematically as far as the demonic nature of humans and the humanization of demons goes and that's what Devilman was about, not making logical realistic sense.

I guess it's cuz the Hitler story was... questionable and that's the very first one, so it painted people's opinion of the rest. But god damn was the rest good.

Actually as goofy as it is you could maybe say Hitler's story kinda made sense too as far as Nagai & the other guy who also worked on Toei Devilman (forgot his name) thinking of Hitler as particularly bad and thus worthy of actual demonic influence. But it does cheapen the rest of the book I think.

Did Satan fall in love with Akira or did Satan think he/she fell in love with Akira because Ryo was gay and he became Ryo?

Ryo design sucked, missed the point that Ryo was supposed to be a pretty boy

Shin is fully canon, BUT, it wasn't written by Go Nagai, but Yasutaka Nagai, his brother.

In the recent compilation, the stories occupy the entirety of volume 3. However, a famous scene from Shin where Akira holds Miki's head and buries it, and then he meets with Ryo,
walk past him, was added before the final showdown in the final volume, which is what the Amon OVA's ending adapted, and also the live action movie If I remember well (or not)

It's the former, Satan explains it. Nagai seemed to associate intersex people with bisexual attraction.

>it's good because it's edgy and triggers people

>Shin is fully canon, BUT, it wasn't written by Go Nagai, but Yasutaka Nagai, his brother.
Was it really? It was listed as a collaboration from what I recall. I could see them throwing ideas back and forth as opposed to a clear-cut "Nagai draws, his brother writes".

Who knows what happened, but his brother was indeed involved.

Shin's weird at some points, like the whole Nike being Amon's lover, and theTrial of Joan of Arc being held by demons.
But i really liked the indian story.

>it's good because it's edgy and triggers people
Damn right. This is how you judge a good work from a terrible one.

Could you be the triggered one, perhaps?

>bisexual attraction

He was full gay, there are parts of Shin Devilman and Amon too iirc he ignores women or is questioned if he likes them.

Also Nagai seemed to think being hermaphrodite = woman, at least that's what the end of Devilman and Neo Devilman imply.

looks like edgy shit to me, like dmc on steroids

That's because you're a triggered cuck.

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a serie before.
I'm afraid I'm setting myself up for disapointment.

>Nagai seemed to think being hermaphrodite = woman
What about Baron Ashura? Also how many hermaprhodites has Nagai drawn?

Is there anything good about the anime series?

you seem the one who's triggered by criticism, faggot

>spring 2018
I have this and Pluto to look forward to next year.

>criticism
Real criticism you got going there, Pablo.

You need to go back.

>and theTrial of Joan of Arc being held by demons.
That was genius though as far as showing the irrationality and evil of humans.

The General Custer story was good as far as Fist of the North Star-like RIGHTEOUS FURY escapism goes, where you show someone doing something horrible & then make the audience feel badass as the protagonist slaughters them. As story goes though it was much more straightforward and not as clever.

I didn't know they made good anime anymore

I'm a better Jack fan than that guy and can defend it better. Before extracting the volume files and posting examples of good art & storytelling though I'll just say this.

Fans of Violence Jack: Suda 51 (his favorite manga of all time), Hideaki Anno, Yasuhiro Imagawa, Kentaro Miura, Yoshihiro Nishimura, Hirohiko Araki

People who don't like Violence Jack: boring western anime journos and the fat Youtube man who copies them

Shadow Hearts was inspired by Devilman.

geekgamer.it/2016/01/intervista-a-matsuzo-machida-e-miyako-kato-il-duo-creativo-dietro-alla-serie-shadow-hearts/

Very very very nice.
>Yuasa
Picked fucking up.

I want Ryo to stab me with his sideburns...oh, wait

I like it, but I love old shows in general.
The tone can get a little all over the place at time, but there are a lot of neat stuffs.
If you like Devilman it's an interesting watch. Keep in mind the show started airing first and then Nagai decided he wanted to do his own thing with the manga. So you can the blueprints and the influences for the "true" version.
The cast is great, the demons are fun to watch and can even be scary. The action is good most of the time.

My biggest grip is that Devilman was litteraly a demon called Devilman instead of Amon, which is pretty stupid.

I'd also recommend The Devilman Vs Mazinger movie. It's a lot of fun seeing Akira and Kouji interact. They decided to adapt the siren scene from the manga, and I think it's pretty funny if you take into account the origin of the manga as said earlier.

The first arc is actually great horror, not because of gore but because it's emotionally disturbing. It does a great job at setting up a happy family life and then mercilessly destroying it.

The paneling also kicks ass. The school building is tipping over due to the earthquake? Of course the panels reflect that.
There's another one to add to the list.

Another big problem is that people are close-minded and judge stuff based on first impressions. No one considers the manga might be better than the OVAs, they just (sometimes... rarely) read the manga already having decided that it's the worst thing ever and an insult to the good name of anime blahblah.

The earth is just shaking chaotically? The panels also have a zig-zagging composition.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I suspect Nagai was either working on less series at the time or he had more assistants because the art is more polished than Devilman's.

Some shots reminded me of Yuasa's recent works with Flash tweening which isn't so nice but generally it looks very promising.

The story execution is downright biblical.

looks like shit

Fuck, that looks so sterile. Flash was a mistake.

That frame looks great. It's the kind of lineart a Nagai adaptation should have, not boringly polished like Devilman vs Cyborg 009.

I didn't know it was a meme but while reading I found Ryo's expressions in this page so random to the point of true comedy.

>relaxed weedman
>shocked!
>he looks like his friend is a bother
>smug
Other paged were totally fine though, so I can't say Nagai can't into expressions.

Are you making a joke?

You know very well "sterility" is not the shitposter's problem with that frame.

There is nothing Flash-specific about that drawing; you can even draw lines with even thickness by hand (with a ball point pen for example) and the loose nature of the lines more than makes up for it.