Is Initial D worth watching today? If yes, which stages?

Is Initial D worth watching today? If yes, which stages?

Initial D thread.

If the first episode isn't an indication of bad writing then by all means this is the show for you. Personally I thought it was really boring. Just watch a view montages on Youtube instead. Drag racing doesn't really work when the cars feel like cheap plastic toys.

The first half of season 1 felt a bit meh but after that its all great.

Watch until you get bored.

DEJA VU

The best Initial D experience is downloading the ost and never watching the anime.

1 and 2 are good, 3 is really well presented
After 4 it's strictly /o/ territory, the side characters are all shafted and it's mostly meh races.
The final stage was hot garbage.

Watch 1 2 3 in order.

4 is meh, but you will watch it anyway at that point.
No idea about Final Stage, haven't watched that yet.

Skip Battle Stage and the recent recaps.

been watching it now, it's really great.
made me started playing need for speed carbon but i fucking hate attempting to drift in a normal racing race since it's impossible, but then again am racing with a tier 1 tuner. but then again i specialized in drifting tires and good acceleration so I don't know what am doing.

First Stage is a classic, definitely worth watching. Second and Third Stage aren't as good, but worth watching if you want some plot lines wrapped up. Anything beyond Fourth Stage is trash. At that point, just drive to the OST and you'll have more fun than actually watching the anime.

You can not watch it and always be out when someone is tofubox posting

BEAT OF THE RISING SUN
BEAT OF THE RISING SUN

I CAME UP FORM THE BOTTOM
AND INTO THE TOP

FOR THE FIRST TIME I FEEL ALIVE

Just watch all the boring parts at a higher playback speed which is basically everything that isn't racing and you'll be fine.

If you like racing at all you'll fucking love this. The animation looks like shit but the races still feel exciting anyway if you can appreciate racing strategy. It's just bushido and drifting with a couple whores mixed in. Good stuff.

>With a couple whores mixed in
Sometimes literally.

I CAN FLY LIKE AN EAGLE

If you like discussing and meming initial d I'd suggest going to /o/, there are threads all the time
I really like it for what it is, it has flaws but I enjoy that 90s shounen/sports manga aesthetic, plot holes and predictability included

the Keisuke Race from stage 1 was the best race in my opinion. It had the best soundtrack and didn't have shitloads of exposition like later races.

I really liked the mr2 stage 3 race but hated it's ending though

If you intend to watch it, watch the original and not the new one.

>doesnt even have eurobeat

Read the manga after you finished 1,2, and 3.

1st stage is great, if you like it watch the rest until you get bored. I´m in 4th and even if everything besides the second half of race is awful I´m having fun

Stage 1 > Stage 2 > Stage 3 > (continue if you just want the story from 3 onwards) Stage 5 = Final > Stage 4

GOT THE FIRE OF THE GRAND PRIX
GRIPPING MY STEERING WHEEL SO TIGHT
GOT THE FIRE OF THE GRAND PRIIIIIX
READY TO CROSS THE LINE IN THE END

DO YOU LIKE

>drag racing
Retard, this is the complete opposite.

that's what I said

To be honest, I only watched for the soundtrack but, to be honest, I actually liked it.
Droped season 2 because soundtrack sucks after that

I grab a set of them which some kind soul slapped the eurobeat on.

Just go play the arcade game. It's about 90% of the reason anyone in America knows what Initial D is in the first place.

This basically

if somebody in the US knows about Initial D, it's usually because of the Deja Vu/Eurobeat meme. I don't think I've ever seen a single dorifuto arcade machine in my entire life, and I used to go to a decent amount of arcades.

Eurobeat is better than the anime itself and completely carries it.

It's a meme

It's actually boring as hell

Only the first 3 stages

i feel the opposite is true. first half has better pacing imo