Say what you will about Netflix and their non-weekly-anime-fan model but it's a lot better that their at least using it...

Say what you will about Netflix and their non-weekly-anime-fan model but it's a lot better that their at least using it on their own shit instead. Better than taking hostage shows they didn't have a hand in making and could've been picked up by a weekly service.

>Say what you will about Netflix
No.
Netflix does not belong on Sup Forums.

I will, it's complete shit and they have no idea of how anime works

>and they have no idea of how anime works
Well, then explain to me how does anime works, dear Sir.

what is Netflix?

Just because you dont like it doesnt mean most people wont

If it wasn't for Netflix I never would have seen Spice and Wolf. I liked it so much I bought both seasons on blu ray.

>this is the kind of retards browsing Sup Forums right now

Saying that other people might like it has nothing to do with the fact that these two guys don't like it.

They can get bend over, they dont rule over animes

>animes

Nor Netflix does, it's either they adapt themselves to the anime market that wants their anime weekly or they die.
>animes
Fucking kill yourself and lurk before posting, faggot.

Lurk more and find out.

>implying
Netflix is shaping anime market which is pretty much nomands land in the west. Theyre just using business practice aimed at western customers, nothing else.

>implying netflix will die
lmao, normies will eat this shitup

ALL HAIL NETFLIX

Why is this shit thread still up? No one cares what some netflix shill thinks.

Do people on Sup Forums actually buy/stream anime?

>He doesnt stream

lol do people really get upset over not having an anime drip fed to them weekly? the saddos

I only watch anime once they have been completed, or at least that season has been completed

I refuse to support a company that uses profits to makes "original shows" that pushes race mixing and a "kill all white men" propaganda message. Besides why the fuck are you watching anime on Netflix? Is it in english dubs? Western VAs have no talent for anime.

Netflix is the future, suck it

came here to post this

We just don't give a shit about NETFLIX.

>We
Fuck off

What do you mean they are using their own shit? Kakegurui is getting released by them in 2018 over here despite like 4 episodes already airing over in nipland.

>lmao
>normies
Kill yourself, retard.

>we

fuck off reddit

>waiting for the anime to completely finishes airing in japan before releasing it
>future
Nice bait, if anything that just means a comeback of fansubbing.

>we
Lurk before posting, faggot.

I'm half convinced the mods are instructed to let these threads fly for a while. It's been 2 hours, this shit is fucking ridiculous.
I hope you idiots bumping the thread are reporting at least.

I welcome Netflix anime "originals," but I don't care for them only picking one or two licenses a season and then releasing them in bulk.

>bumping
Did you forget sage?

If moot wasn't such a cocksucking faggot you would've seen I didn't.

>Safespace
fuck back to pol

Sure thing young lad

Sage

At least it's easy to tell that you're pretty new, please lurk before posting, retard.

Oh get the fuck over it you dipshit. If you really want to watch one episode a week watch one episode a week. No one's telling you binge anything.

Are you implying nipmoot is paid by netflix to leave their threads untouched?

Or that the mods are incompetent enough to make it seem like it.

Why can't netflix, no, actually every fucking American/European company just stay away from anime unless it's just distributing actual fucking copies of the series instead of digital shit

Netflix literally could not give a fuck what the small numbers of pre-existing anime fans in the west think. They have over 100 million customers worldwide. If they even get a tiny fraction of that population to watch it already makes sense and 90% of all anime watched on their platform is already watched outside of Japan. They want to get casuals to watch the anime they make and hopefully coax some Japanese to use Netflix too.

Their strategy in what to fund is fairly clear, they either go for shows targeted at young adults, sci-fi, action, fantasy stuff and/or works based on famous brands Godzilla, Cyborg 009, Saint Seya or studios/creators Trigger, Yuasa and so on with high brand awareness around the world.

People will just have to adapt to their model of producing and distributing anime, not the other way around.

Because nobody buys physical media anymore.

Well, as long as madhouse doesn't take netflix money, it should all be good.

Pretty sure every company involved in the animation industry in Japan is gagging for a chance to work with them. So far they have had off the top of my heads Aniplex, Science Saru, Production IG, Bones, Bandai Visual, LIDENFILMS, Ultra Super Pictures, Dwagon, Toei Animation, TMS Entertanment, TOHO, Polygon Pictures, Tirgger, King Records, Kodansha.

Because anime is popular as fuck now and if they don't hop on the weeb train now they'll lose out on a ton of money

Considering that they're the most successful new TV platform out there, they probably have a much better idea of how TV shows work than you do.

The all in one format has done nothing to dampen the success of Netflix shows and it will do nothing to dampen the success of the anime they pick up. If anything, they're likely to be far, far more successful.

Real people out in the actual world don't care whether something is released weekly or all at once.

All I see when people here get assblasted about streaming anime and services that stream it is just the constant screaming of frogs and "muh sekrit club".
All hate for CR is simply because it allowed normies to get into it.
It's like Sup Forums and Sup Forums never ended their love affair because of normies.
Fuck off. Just go work on that backlog instead of bitching about who watches what and where.

>normies
Fuck off.
>constant screaming of frogs
Are we on the same board? Frogposting is looked down upon. Is this your first day?

They probably do, but they either don't give a fuck or never bothered to find out how anime fanbase generally works. I assume both to be honest.

But the thing is, sooner or later anime won't be Japanese with it's style, the studios will just try and adapt (if not, probably will be told to by netflix) a more western style to appeal to everyone and you'll end up losing some of the stuff that made the medium, shit like visual metaphors, deep rooted Japanese issues and even the fanservice. Every sing one of those will probably be cut from any anime if more influences from companies like Netflix start happening. Then yopu will also have the the possibilities of the companies being to to start adding shit wouldn't even make 1 tenth of japan, shit like adding more homosexuals/trans characters, or adding more "Diverse" (Black, Latino, Arab, Jewish, and Muslim) characters. Again, it will start to look a lot less Japanese style to appeal to everyone and that will suck, just having more shitty marvel/DC shit.

Even Netflix is aware anime is popular because it is uniquely Japanese.

>Sunrise will make sequel originals from Mai Hime, S-Cry-Ed, CG and Dendoh
>They all go to Netflix to release them as series

Best or Worst decision ever

>they probably have a much better idea of how TV shows work than you do.
Last i checked they're completely new to anime so they don't know jack shit about it

I don't know why people complain about fucking adaptions not being released weekly, like you've already seen this shit in the manga anyways so it shouldn't matter if they decide to wait it out and dump it all in one go

You seem to have made a crucial mistake. You believe that the entire anime fanbase is Sup Forums. It's not.

There are tons of people who don't care about keeping up with the weekly hype for a show on Sup Forums. Way more than those that do care. Furthermore, Netflix is not aiming solely to grab existing, 'hardcore' anime fans, it is aiming to target casual fans and general audiences as well.

And to be honest, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how people get their anime. I used to get my anime by taping Ghibli movies when they showed up on TV and buying random VHS tapes when they showed up (which lead to a ton of stinkers). You don't hear me whining about how anime has changed.

>Then yopu will also have the the possibilities of the companies being to to start adding shit wouldn't even make 1 tenth of japan, shit like adding more homosexuals/trans characters

There are already a fuckton of these in anime.

The problem is you are assuming they want people like us who are used to watching anime in a specific format to watch their shows. They have 100 million subscribers all over the world. If only a tiny portion of those fans watch it then they are fine regardless of you liking the schedule or not.

I didn't make any mistake. Most of your post was my point. They don't give a fuck what we are doing and probably never bothered to find out because we aren't the main target, secondary considerations if that.

>successful
>investing only in bazinga niche, which is the only thing on earth that keeps forcing them alive
>failing at everything else, missing a lot of really good films that should be there

Sure thing. They're amazing.

>There are already a fuckton of these in anime
Yeah, the difference is that they're here for a reason, either to make fun of them or because they make sense in the plot or because they'll add something to everything, burgers tends to add LGBT characters just because "there aren't any".
Anyway it's not like Netflix will change anything, whatever original anime they try to make will flop in Japan.

It's against shitposter culture. If they released Vulvarave all at once they would have to wait months to come up with "dank memes" and ways to show they're watching it ironically. Then it would die out in a week with some people even allowed to like the show because it didn't get shitposted every which way to make it unspeakable without a brigade of faggots.

>They don't give a fuck what we are doing

Because we're not the majority of the fanbase. You seem to think we are, but we're not. The average anime fan doesn't give a shit about this format. Most are used to watching things at their own pace anyway, since that's how they've watched all the entry stuff like Bebop.

Netflix doesn't misunderstand the fanbase. They misunderstand, or more likely don't care about, Sup Forums. Because there's no real reason for them to care. And it's not like people here don't binge shit either. Fuck, there's only ever one or two shows per season of consistent quality, so you HAVE to go back and binge older stuff if you want good shows to watch on the regular.

Can you actually read? You are wasting your time writing all this shit at me when I have just said it in the post you've responded to. You should stop assuming everyone who replies to you on Sup Forums is arguing with you, it makes you completely misinterpret what people are saying when they are actually agreeing. Here is my first post in this thread.

Because I like discussing about weekly anime with anons.

You don't understand anything. CR is shit because it pushes trash subs and strangled better subs. The more normalfags who pay crunchy and watch dubs, the worse quality subs I can get. Just look at the GabDrop subs, sure that may just be some cartel memery, but they feel justified in doing it because there's more tards who slurp that stuff up.

Learning moon is inconvenient, so I'm acting in my own best interest by discouraging people from using a service that is against my interest.

Fuck off

>The average anime fan doesn't give a shit about this forma
Anyway what are you defining as a fan there? Someone who watched a few Ghibli films once and FLCL when it was on Toonami? Everywhere on the internet where anime fans, not even hardcore anime fans, exist is used to the weekly discussion model. It happens on MAL, reddit, twitter, Sup Forums, tumblr everywhere. Even people who just watch their weekly Naruto and Boku no Hero Academia follow that schedule. I think just about anyone who can actually be considered a "fan" of anime is used to weekly releases at the very least if not weekly discussion.

>There are already a fuckton of these in anime.
No, they are the minority in anime, and they're pretty easy to ignore (YOI being the most recent) And if you're adding Gender Benders as "Trans" you're a fucking idiot.

I highly doubt it. For god sakes, they probably just see dragon ball and GiTS and will try their damnedest to get studios to produce series just like those two.

What? Devilman, Blame!, Ajin, B: the Beggining, AICO, Saint Seiya, Baki, Godzilla, LWA. None of those seem very like Dragonball or GiTS to me.

>None of those seem very like Dragonball or GiTS to me.

B: the Beggining and AICO reminds me of GITS

Dude, yeah, I can read.

You said netflix doesn't understand how the anime fanbase works. I said you just don't realize that the anime fanbase is not Sup Forums. It's not a case of netflix not understanding anime fans, it's a case of netflix not caring about Sup Forums.

The weekly format is not an important necessity for many people. We only care about it because Sup Forums and the discussion on Sup Forums is part of our enjoyment. There are millions of anime fans that don't care about that at all.

>Anyway what are you defining as a fan there?

Someone who watches anime regularly.

>Everywhere on the internet where anime fans, not even hardcore anime fans, exist is used to the weekly discussion model.

They're also used to watching things in one go as well. They don't have a problem with the weekly format, but it's not a necessity for them either.

Even if they were to make "western" anime, the original industry in Japan would continue as if nothing happened. Remove your tinfoil hat.

This. Japan will always produce anime for Japan, no matter how involved Netflix gets. You also need to remember that Netflix exists in Japan too and has an entire Japanese division.

>anons say they know better than a multibillion company that has strategists, data, resources and people related to the scene

Pottery

Even if they were to make "western" anime, the original industry in Japan would continue as if nothing happened. Remove your tinfoil hat.

This. Japan will always produce anime for Japan, no matter how involved Netflix gets. You also need to remember that Netflix exists in Japan too and has an entire Japanese division.

You just don't realise that the majority of the anime fanbase watches and discusses anime on a weekly basis just like Sup Forums does it seems. It is central to anime discussion on the internet all over the web. Go to anywhere, ANN, reddit, MAL anywhere that discusses anime and they will all say Netflix is cancer for the release schedule just like we do here on Sup Forums.

>Better than taking hostage shows they didn't have a hand in making and could've been picked up by a weekly service.
Netflix has never contributed anything towards the actual production of any show. All they do is throw money around to get exclusive licensing rights and then slap "Netflix Original" on the cover.
Their subs are also shit more often than not, even more so than the other official subbing companies. Every other company does it better, and yes that includes garbage like the Gabriel Dropout subs.

>Fansub community dies
>Faggots here get there subs by ripping them from places or torrents from others who have ripped them
>Complain about a legitimate company coming in to do subs

>Gabriel Dropout subs.
You know, i've been hearing about this one. What's wrong with it?

>anons say they know better than a multibillion company that has strategists, data, resources and people related to the scene

Deal. With It.

I went and checked. Netflix has like 10 of the 400+ shows I've watched. Why should I give a crap about them?

They changed pretty much every single line to something that allowed them to shoehorn in idioms and puns about heaven/hell/angels/devils.

Personally I love Netflix. I don't use it, but I like that since they hold on to shows it forces fan subers back in action.
Good slap in the face to EOPs, the cartel, and Crunchy roll too.
Hope they break crunchy roll and this becomes the standard.

Kill. Yourself.

You. First.

The only people who have a problem with netflix schedule are animeonlyfags.

But i don't get it, a normal thread will be ruined by mangafags like they always are baiting with spoilers so why would you care about this?

>They changed pretty much every single line to something that allowed them to shoehorn in idioms and puns about heaven/hell/angels/devils.
That can't possibly be true.

You're in for a treat, user.
The most pointed to offense is itadakimasu being translated as "Through the dark lord. Amen."

as in making netflix exclusive shows (all those that got announced today), like Castlevania that never got a TV airing, unlike what they have been doing now with LWA and Kakegurui

>(((netflix))) literally buying and producing half of spring 2018's anime
fansubbing
will
return

rip in pizza daiz

The only "exclusive" show that will be like casslebania is Cannon Busters, everything else will be on air in japan during the season but not available to the normalfag west until netflix-sama says so

I buy JP BDs if i really like the show

>implying this wasn't part of his plan

No they are not. Even Normalfags watch anime because it is different from western TV

>Trying to fit in: the thread

Read a newspaper sometimes, multibillion companies fuck up all the time.

No, those shows aren't "licensed", they are literally airing just on Netflix in both Japan and the rest of the world. Only Children of the Whales is going to follow what you are saying.

>I highly doubt it. For god sakes, they probably just see dragon ball and GiTS and will try their damnedest to get studios to produce series just like those two.
Stop talking out of your ass. You have no idea what their intentions are. Don't shit up the place with your nightmares when you have no reason to believe them yourself.

and none of them know who their waifu is, so what's your point?

>Re:ddit spacing
It really makes you think.