KyoAni goes full shounenshit

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-02/kyoto-animation-to-produce-ryu-fujisaki-hoshin-engi-manga/.119532

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-31/ryu-fujisaki-hoshin-engi-manga-gets-new-tv-anime-with-new-cast/.119532
twitter.com/hoshinengi_tv
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That art doesn't look like kyoani at all.

The fight scenes in their SOL shows were unironically top tier

I see nothing in there that mentions KyoAni.

i dont remember much since i read the mango back in elementary school

but i do remember liking a character named Nataku

>KyoAni doing a Hoshin Engi reboot

What the fuck.

Is this some kind of shitposting? This redirects to a different article.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-31/ryu-fujisaki-hoshin-engi-manga-gets-new-tv-anime-with-new-cast/.119532

Works fine for me. You might have a virus so run your anti-virus software.

Why the bait? Let's just celebrate that HS is getting a remake, at least until it turns out to be done by some sub par studio.

Now we need a Kenshin reboot with the same original soundtrack.

why it's always kyoani with these fake news
can't you shitpost saying shaft is going to make a hoshi no samidare anime or something

>why it's always kyoani with these fake news
Because literally any other studio would not get a reaction from people.

Kyoani feels like such a niche studio who does a very particular and confined spectrum of shows, therefore the bait is best when it throws something that Kyoani definitely wouldn't do normally in.

This is now a Houshin Engi thread.
Who is your favorite charaters, Sup Forums

pink slut

It's rare for me that the MC is my favorite but here it is.

Hate to say it but I think Raishinshi is a character they can leave out to save time and nothing will be missed.

Taikobou was one of the best MCs in a shounen that I've seen so far.

>Spoiler
;-;

I really liked Dakki, specially in the beggining.
She really felt like a threatining villain.

Also, I hope we get to this beautiful man in the adaptation.

Taikoubou easily. He's one of the few MCs who also happen to be my favorite and I think that's a pretty rare thing for most people. I'm also fond of that fabulous bastard Chou Koumei and Bunchuu.

Hated Chou Koumei the moment he appeared and then slowly turned into one of my favorites.

Chou Koumei was too good for the world.

Can't wait to cry like a fucking bitch over him again.

Why are you always using your stupid tripcode? Can't you shitpost without being an attentionwhore?
Oh, right. Let me tell you. You use a fucking trip because you know it triggers a lot of anons. OP used (and like you said, it's always the same) KyoAni cause the simply mention of their name triggers a lot of fags in this shithole.

Like the suicide bullying movie, the adult lesbian dragon show or the fantasy period drama set in early 20th Century Europe?

Exactly, user.

>Hoshin Engi gets a remake
>Kyoani
Not sure how I feel about this, but then again I didn't really have a studio in mind. Kyoani is usually pretty on-point for adaption art styles though, so it could be good.

I downloaded Hoshin Engi maybe a year and a half ago because I really wanted to reread it for some reason (and I forgot literally everything about it) but never got around too it. I remember loving the shit out of it though, even if I didn't know dicks about Chinese mythology at the time. I expect I'm going to love it even more now that I'm not a retard.

Dude it's bait.

Nataku a.k.a. 'Power-Up Man', being a robot or some shit he got like 10 different power ups throughout the series.

That bit with the parody of a new manga that followed was amazing too.

Because of the unique designs I remember vividly this lighting dude from the anime when I was a kid so I was expecting him to play a big role when I read the manga last year, turns out he doesn't do shit, he's some C-Tier character that just jobs here and there. Even this dude got more screen time and even a cover.

Reminds me of Reg from Made in Abyss

Japan probably didn't like him or something. Or even Fujisaki decided to draw him less since his design is sort of difficult to draw.

If the anime actually covers the whole thing then the episode where Taikoubou gets "killed" better end on a cliff hanger with this being the start of the next episode.

One of the first manga I bought, really surprised to see this getting attention. Guess it was the next best thing to go after Shaman King since Takei doesn't know what he's doing (no surprises here though).

Gives me a good excuse to finally reread it, pretty hyped. Hope they do the whole thing, or at least most of it.

Worst character, useless waste of time along her bf.

She was a gag character tho.
I liked her fight against that fire bird dude.

Precisely what makes her so bad considering the series get fairly serious halfway through. Same with these.

I liked the sisters though.

good for them

I also liked them.
I don't think I have a character that I dislike in HE.

>KyoAni

I don't see it.

kek but will watch.

There is no mention of kyoani, don't get my hopes up you colossal faggot.
At most pierrot or deen will get it.

Best girl

Best Filler.

Who

He was the king of birds.

Is this bait to get people to talk about KyoAni or is it bait to get people to talk about OP's favorite manga?

Who

based GODani saving anime

Hoshin Engi was fucking amazing.

Shame about the ending, though

he's just going to bait people into shitting on Houshin Engi because Sup Forums has to be contrarian with anything Kyoani does

I fucking loke his backgrounds and coloring. Holy shit.

Same, I have a weird love hate relationship with his art. I hate how it's basically your generic manga art style and some of his character designs are retarded but at the same time many of his designs are crazy cool and unique, very distinct stuff from anything else out there and his coloring as you mention is awesome.

I remember literally nothing about Hoshin Engi, except I have the vague memory that Taikobo was a based as fuck MC. Is that true or am I misremembering? I feel like he pulled a lot of really clever tricks/genre savvy moments rather than just scream and punch harder. Either way I'm psyched the fuck up.

Kyo Ani?

there is no source to say that.

Taikobou was a rare, one-of-a-kind MC.
So yes, you are correct, he was based as fuck.

What exactly is happening here?

Taikobou riding a roomba.

Youzen is probably driving at a snail's pace isn't he? It'd be faster to walk.

Yes, he is going pretty slow.
In other hand, Kou Tenka and Kou Hiko are part of Initial D's cast.

Best character in the manga, and he delivered.

Outenkun was a fucker, if I recall well.

best fucker, pretty much like Dakki, bad dude that gets what he wants.

Well, Dakki was his "mama", wasn't she

>ending
I was fucking buttmad when Daji didn't get her ass slapped badly.

Yeah, that felt like a cop-out.
Not to mention the aliens

I liked the Jyoka twist. Nobody would have expected that.

But Dakki not getting what was coming for her still makes me mad. I mean, she fed Ki Shou's son to him, that's super fucked up for a shounen. Plus, that fucking delivery.
"Cooking with Dakki"

Sibuxiang a cute.

I wish I wasn't poor and lived in the third world.
I want to see this artbook.

Fukki wasn't exactly out to deliver justice, it was all about stopping Jyokka to let the world continue on its own, and Dakki was helpful to achieve that. They used each other and that was enough of a deal for both, so he never cared enough to get back at her. Besides, it would have all gone to shit if she hadn't spared him at the start.

I loved that Dakki ended that way, so refreshing. Also, loved this fucking Clown, from day one he was strong as fuck till the very end he remained strong as fuck even in the face of Dakki or Bunchu.

It's all online though.

>It's all online though.
As in "Someone uploaded it somewhere" or "It's the same images you get by googling it"

Someone uploaded it if I remember correctly.

Do you have a link
I'll suck your dick for it.

no, look it up.

Found something.

>Will have to each image individually
I'll keep you updated.

I can't wait for the cabbage heart

Taikoubou is the best.

Dakki is a close second though.

This dude was pretty cool too.

The manga's only issue is that there wasn't more confrontation between Taikoubou and Dakki.

It didn't need to be decisive, but the problem is that he just gets schooled at the end and by the time they meet again, they're both sort of inadvertently working in parallel schemes and eventually sort of cooperating. They're the series two big brilliant scheming cunts and yet they barely get to play against each other.

>Starcraft 2's Kerrigan rips off Dakki

Yeah, more interaction between them would have been nice.

Nentou is a beautiful man.

Is this the infamous series where every female character are evil bitches and/or worthless love interests?

No wonder fujos like it

Official Twitter
twitter.com/hoshinengi_tv

Ok, I saved everything from that site.
Page 4 is missing tho. And some pics are sort of "cut"

Dakki saved his life at the end too, and half of him is her son anyway.

>those retweets on the key visual

Was something wrong with the original Anime? I remeber enjoying it.
I was a prepubescent fuck when I watched it though.

Strays away from the manga and has its own anime original end. It's not awful on its own but in comparison to its source material it doesn't do it justice.

Okay, but you get Mari Okada and DEEN working on it.

>and DEEN working on it.

You say that as if it were a boon.

I only barely started volume 2 in between wage slaving from the last thread about this, but Dakki is amazing.

soon