>Chiron
>Frankenstein
>Achilles
>Mordred
>Jeanne D' Arc
>Siegfried
>Spartacus
>Uncle Shakes
These servants are well known individuals and their names alone can hype the audience up. How come Apocrypha is such a huge fucked up? What went wrong?

Have you ever popped a balloon?
It's basically like that.

A1 Pictures

A1 Pictures

And more broadly, Fate is a very strong lesson about how a good premise can be totally wasted by incompetence and shit writing. It's only propped up by brand-name awareness now.

the one thing that kills every potentially interesting story: bland, generic self-insert MC.

Because only a handfull of Fate VN's/LN's are actually well-written. I'm a secondary but I can already guess this isn't one of the well written. However, it gave us Jeanne-art so it's fine by me

>A-1 Face

What is with so many people believing that they can actively self-insert as a brain-dead clone?

Because they gave all the focus to the boring self-insert with no personality and the obligatory trap for faggots in denial and wonder why no one cares.

It's more like slowly draining the air out of a balloon, and watching it become a limp sack. At least a popped balloon goes out with a bang.

Most of them bear no resemblance appearance- or personality- wise to the famous figures they're supposed to be.

Mordred is a literal who

Re:Creators was better if i had to be honest

I'm actually still holding onto the hope that Recreators will have a decent and thrilling final few episodes.

He's generic enough that finding him relatable isn't difficult, the only thing he has going for him is his wish not to die and to live on, which is literally something that every living being shares. He's so bland even insects can self-insert as him.

>How come Apocrypha is such a huge fucked up? What went wrong?

>Hey, you know what would be a great thing to add on a 7 vs 7 Servants HGW clusterfuck?
>A bland as fuck goody two shoes generic moralfag totally not a self-insert character!
>And have all the focus on him!
>And have every character who meets him love him for no reason!
>And have the whole plot be around him and also bend around him!
>And then we also have Jeanne D'Arc fall in love with him because if a literal Saint falls in love with him it proves he's super duper good and the purest and completely perfect because he even made Jeanne D'Arc fall in love with him!

>All the other Servants? Who cares. Give them an scene here and there and never focus on them or their interactions or backstories or plotlines except when they are interacting with my self-in- I mean, with Sieg-kun

Apocrypha is the biggest piece of shit that has ever been on Type Moon. Worse than Septem, even worse than Extella, and that's saying something.

Higashide is a complete and total hack. I'd give my right ball for him to be removed from Type Moon forever.

Its just not well written as Fate/SN. Its a pinnacle of good plot combining overarching storylines and routes. Character actually have decent conflict, development, mystery and reasoning behind their actions which dont become apparent until much later. Take Archer for example, guy has a great story but his identity, motivation, story and reasoning becomes known only at the second route. Plus hes a interesting wild card unlike apo where you know everything about them already

The character building actually happens gradually and not in fucking four episodes. Theres a fucking reason to read/watch the whole thing unlike in apo which is bland as fuck. Also you already know none of these characters are going to make it nor can their wishes be fulfilled.

Also contrary to popular belief, big names dont make something good or popular.

Except that's the perfect trait for a self-insert to have. The more bland and lacking in personality with one or two generic traits your average person can identify with the better.

I love how this is semi-realistic as if it's even remotely possible that this is what Joan of Arc actually looked like

It's almost what this should've been, except for the shirobako parts

Short Answer: Because the plot is a trainwreck.

The whole thing feels more like a fashion runway show than a story.

Because they took those cool characters and turned them into generic moeblob 1-dimensional shitters. The story and pacing is ass tier. It feels like it's trying to be fate/zero but let's just add more characters. That'll make it different. Turns out the writer is a hack and the director has no idea what he's doing.
Turning jack the ripper and Frankenstein's monster into cute girls was one of the worst things I've ever seen in an anime that wants it's audience to take it seriously.

>Black Lagoon Rie Hiroe made a better Fate show than TM's staff.

Sumanai

>Turning jack the ripper and Frankenstein's monster into cute girls was one of the worst things I've ever seen in an anime that wants it's audience to take it seriously.

>Taking Fate seriously in first place instead of embracing it's stupidity

As expected from a retarded Zerotard.

did you hear the amount of fucking noise going on in a fight ? i wouldnt be surprised if most dropped it after the first 40 seconds because of that ear rape intro

No Emiya or Seiba focus kills it.

>Turning jack the ripper and Frankenstein's monster into cute girls was one of the worst things I've ever seen in an anime that wants it's audience to take it seriously.

We are talking about the same franchise whose most recognizable character is King Arthur with boobs, right?

>A bland as fuck goody two shoes generic moralfag
>moralfag
Stopped reading there. Off yourself, you stupid parrot.

If you have no knowledge of King Arthurian lore.

Oh boy it's you again. How's the DRAGON DICK tasting today? Hot and toasty and scaly?

Your average person knowledge about King Arthur legends ends and begins with King Arthur, Camelot and Round Table.

>TM's staff
The one to blame for Apocrypha is Higashide, who was from Propeller before doing Fate stuff. I mean, apparently Nasu gave the OK, but seeing GO, that dude's OK just means "I think it'll make me money, so keep doing it"
At least, blame the right people
This is why I don't care it's A1 doing Apocrypha. It's not like the source deserved anything better anyways

>Higashide is a complete and total hack
Wrong. Tokyo Babel was great. I don't know what happened when he made Apocrypha. It's hard to believe they're made by the same people

>people
I meant to say person.

Just because you can relate to his desire to live doesn't necessarily make him a self-insert character. I'm not even trying to say that he's necessarily a good character either, I'm just saying that only brain-dead autists can imagine self-inserting as someone with the personality of a soggy piece of paper.

Is it just me, or does it feel a little bit odd seeing the servants together in a scene? I mean, individually, they have fairly alright designs, with some being more appealing than others. But the thing is that when you see them fighting against eachother, it doesn't really feel right - almost as if the designs clash against eachother too easily.

Because all the servants are too generic and anime-like instead of being actual interesting and realistic people

>Tokyo Babel
Because someone was actually watching his ass.

They should have animated FGO.

>>This is why I don't care it's A1 doing Apocrypha. It's not like the source deserved anything better anyways
What's more amazing is how A1 is making an already bad source material even worse, but then again, Higashide is working in the anime too so it's just him hacking his already hack-job even further.

That's what happens when Servants start to get designed by a bunch of guest artists instead of it just being Takeuchi.

How does anyone be anymore of a hack?

Fucking Sieg
Everything would be fine if he never appeared

Did you not see the OVA?

There's a difference between embracing stupidity and embracing shit. Zero can be melodramatic but it's well written and the characters are interesting. Inb4
>Ur taste is shit zero isnt writen well

But she's not a moeblob. It's Arthur as a girl but at least she has a personality that isn't 1-dimensional. She's not just a caricature for fetishists.

but they will, very soon. Orleans will finally do justice to Jeanne's character.

By writing Septem and Extella. I wonder how not one but TWO hacks managed to get into Type Moon like this.

I wish Narita was the only one allowed near Fate spin-offs.

>It's Arthur as a girl but at least she has a personality that isn't 1-dimensional.
So do Jack and Fran. You'd now if you bothered to learn about them rather than dismissing them because hurr moeshit where's muh manime save me Kiritsugu.

APO is worst than Extella.

you are like a little baby
watch this

>Sakurai
>the one who wrote Gahkthun and the rest of the steampunk series
>hack
Seriously, stop judging people because they do shit Fate stuff
They got into TM because the stuff they wrote before was good

Jack the Ripper and Frankenstein are two of the very few bearable characters in APO.

>Arthuria
>Not a moeblob

But is it worse than Extella and Septem combined?

If he's such a good writer then why is his Fate stuff so bad? Wouldn't his skill be able to translate to Fate as well? If his writing style doesn't work for TM stuff then he should just admit it and give path for people who are able to do it properly.

Yeah I had the same thought. They look like cosplayers at a convention when more than three of them stand next to one another.
We can shit on Ufotable for a lot of things but at least they had the sense to visually simplify scenes where a lot of characters interacted with competent framing and lighting. Not that it happened often sure, but still.
Moreover most servants in Zero had casual clothing they wore whenever they weren't fighting. The wingudindumillenia faction constantly has their servants walking around in full shiny battle gear no matter where they are or what they are doing.

>The wingudindumillenia faction constantly has their servants walking around in full shiny battle gear no matter where they are or what they are doing.
It's not like they are going out in public in the middle of the city. Why would they need casual clothes if they are holed up at their castle 24/7? Of all the Apocrypha's complaints, not that they aren't justified, this is by far the silliest I've seen.

>Moreover most servants in Zero had casual clothing they wore whenever they weren't fighting.
Remind me again when Lancelot, Diarmuid, Gilles and Hassan appeared in suits because I don't remember it ever happening.

is this extella? if so, should i get it?

Let's say you're a knight. Do you walk around in your castle wearing your armor? Does a GI spend his weekends in battledress, keeping his FAMAS on the shoulder while he cooks for his wife? Of course not.
Just imagine pic related with Gil wearing his armor.

>Worse than Septem, even worse than Extella
Nice try Neronigger, go kill yourself

>Lancelot
Literally insane in the membrane

>Diarmuid
Fine, fair enough

>Gilles
Insane in the membrane

>Hassan
Why would an assassin wear casual clothes when nobody is going to see them anyway?

Personally, I love Ufotable - I'm just a little biased. I feel like they were able to make the characters still feel as if they fit into the same show, indeed with the framing and lighting. Alongside that, I think the FSN's designs feel a lot more compact. None of the designs seem to be reaching for anything too odd or flamboyant (such as cat-ears or a horse-tail).
You do realise that back in the day, people still wouldn't wear armour fucking twenty-four seven.

STRONG
AND
THICK
DRAGON
DICK

It's also interesting because Mordred is, most definitely, a villain, there's really no way to put the antihero spin on him. However, the others are at worst morally gray. Well, I guess Vlad's pretty fucked too.

>If he's such a good writer then why is his Fate stuff so bad? Wouldn't his skill be able to translate to Fate as well?
What do I know?
But Gahkthun was great and the rest of the steampunk series was seen as one of the best VN franchises.
That said, what I read of Gahkthun and Sharnoth makes them VERY different from anything Fate.
So I'd guess that limiting their creativity by forcing them to write stuff different from what they usually do makes them fail
It's like how a writer that does good comedy or good SoL might not do so well if made to do an action story.
> If his writing style doesn't work for TM stuff then he should just admit it and give path for people who are able to do it properly.
I doubt any author would admit their stuff is bad, unless it flops tremendously. Thing is, superiors still want to sell the stuff they're writing, so it's very likely they're not allowed to admit anything as long as there's the possibility of selling more of their stuff.
I mean, the writer themselves panning their own works would be a death sentence.
I agree they should leave instead of making more stuff they're not suited for

Okay, most wasn't the correct word. Many is better.
Still you'll notice that not only were these servants you're mentionning the least important ones, two of them didn't have a battle gear, and three simply never materialized or acted on their own unless their master had need of them.

>Let's say you're a knight. Do you walk around in your castle wearing your armor? Does a GI spend his weekends in battledress, keeping his FAMAS on the shoulder while he cooks for his wife?
I would if I'm in the middle of a fucking war.

People like Gil are the exception rather than the rule. Most Servants are more focused on winning the War than on modern /fa/

Point is that your assessment over "most" Servants in Zero wearing casual clothes is factually wrong as only 3 outta the 7 did so.

In SN literally only Arthuria and Gil wore casual clothes as well, and Arthuria did so because she can't go into spiritual body and Gil is Gil.

>Hating on Nero

At least she wasn't somebody the show LITERALLY SAYS DOESN'T HAVE A PERSONALITY.

Fucking hell, this dragon shota faggot is going to ruin everything, they should just switch the anime.

Vlad is a legit hero

Not for the Turkroaches.

Extella at least is half-decent whenever it is not Nero The Neroing Starring Nero feat Nero Whenever Nero is not on the screen everyone should ask Where's Nero?. Septem is irredeemable though.

Tokyo Babel was a thing of its own, not an offshoot of a massively overrated and mediocre franchise.

Threw up a little.

True. Honestly. Fate should have remained as the main continuity (Zero, SN and Ataraxia) only. (Comedy stuff like CP or stuff like Prisma that decides to use the characters but reimagine the setting would still be acceptable)
All this other stuff is literally unneeded and not even very good.
I said in another thread and I'll say it again. Fate right now is like Gundam. With a lot of AU stuff using the name, but it not meaning anything in terms of quality

boring as fuck characters aside from what little bit that sieg and astolfo had in episode 3 and it doesn't have any set focus on certain characters
a lot of the character designs are just shit and two of the characters are literally "emiya but not emiya" and "saber but not saber"
episodes go nowhere with characters standing around/sitting and talking and when there is action there's no tension in the fights and they're terribly directed in both animation and sound design

>I would if I'm in the middle of a fucking war.
No you wouldn't. Not if you could put on your battle gear in less than 1 second.

>People like Gil are the exception rather than the rule. Most Servants are more focused on winning the War than on modern /fa/
So Saber and Rider weren't focused on winning the war?

>Most Servants
>Most
Reading comprehension bub.
Arthuria is specially the exception among exceptions because she's not even dead for realsies yet.

I'd much rather see more of Tokyo Babel than more Fate. (How they'd justify it is another story, of course.)

Its like Dynasty Warriors for the Fate series.

I wonder if they'll eventually adapt HA or not. The ending contradicts what TM did with Fate in the last ten years.

I still don't get why sakugafags praised Apo's animation.

How good would a Souls Carnival Phantasm be Sup Forums?

Their favourite animators can do no wrong. Seriously, it's all wanking names rather than actual animation
>oh this is made by x, whose dick I love to suck. Let me tell you why his turd is actually pure gold and you're uneducated if you think otherwise
Western sakugafags are retarded

They look shit. The only acceptable ones are Frankenstein, Shakes and Vlad. And the anime looks shit. Give ufotable all the shit you want, but their anime is just pleasing to look at. It soothes your eyes. This doesn't. It hurts.
Then there's the retarded plot, but not even getting at that.

>muh Jannu and Atalanta
Watered down Saber and generic fuck.

Achilles, Karna, and Siegfried's scenes were great and Saber from SN was boring and watered down already.

>was originally a doujin
>called out as shit even by diehard fate fans
>not made by Ufotable
>newbie director and A1 pictures make already bad fan fiction even worse with rushed pacing and cut details
>immediately becomes a shitty self insert power fantasy that everyone hates
Is there any real lesson here its that if it has the word Fate in its title, people will watch regardless of how awful it is due to the amount of good will Fate/Zero gave this franchise by showing everyone how to do the battle royale premise right.

There are a couple of good guys. The problem is, they can't animate 24 episodes by themselves.

and what's worse, they only praise webgen and smeary shit.

They have deen ubw tier sword fight choreography in the first episode.

Hey, they also praise CGshit. Let's be honest here

They focused entirely on character design so they could sell shitty overpriced resin statues and sex toys and they completely neglected actual story and characterization.

You see this pattern a lot in low-quality fanfiction. Which is fitting because that's essentially what FA is.

It had some nice moments too.

Kemono Friends is a masterpiece though.

>was originally a doujin
Wasn't it a cancelled MMO turned LN?

Still need to watch it, but still. Don't most people say it's a masterpiece despite the animation? Not even the kemono fanbase will say the animation was a masterpiece like sakugafags do with anything polygon shits out

Chiron is the only one I don't fucking know. All the rest I am good with but Chiron is the only one I am drawing a complete blank on. Is he important to something because I would guess not because he is a nobody to me.

>Well-written
>Fate
Choose wisely user.

>immediately becomes a shitty self insert power fantasy
Like F/SN or UBW? I don't know whats your point.

Nah. Much worse
Say what you will about Shirou, Sieg has all of Shirou's negatives (done even worse than with Shirou) and none of the positives (ok, maybe Shirou has no positives. But Sieg's still much worse)

You probably didn't recognize him because he was not summoned in his centaur form.

Honestly this
In my heart everything ended in hollow ataraxia. Anything after the main three was all just a dream.