Yo the second amendment is real simple B. It says

Yo the second amendment is real simple B. It says
>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

It also says "Well regulated"

Yes it does. Which means "in good working order" as in well equiped. As in with guns.

Oh wait....you're not one of those laughably stupid people who think "well regulated" means under government regulation. No that can't be it because anyone so stupid as to believe the people who just used their militia to depose their government would put in their founding documents that the militia should be "regulated" by the government we have to be so stupid they were unable to operate a keyboard or form full sentences.

Neither of us is a judge or a lawyer. Why are you interpreting it in the first place?

Do you think anyone believes either of our opinions on the subject even matters?

Hes a citizen of the United States and is expected to interpret the document as was intended. For the good of the people, for the good of the country.

Jewdroid assassination. I wanted to reach out to give you my advice on the recent abuse on Internet boards of the robot disinformation engine problem. I suggest that you create an Internet drivers license and force every web citizen human or bot to use the license to obtain verification signatures that identify the exact person taking possession of the Internet. The robot posters have gone way too far this time and if something is not done right now, all hope will be lost.

>intended
interesting choice of words. we've been arguing about "intended" for the last 200 years or so.

There has yet to be any consensus on the subject.

Not my opinion, bud. SCOTUS has already ruled on this. This is the opinion of the supreme court. You know - the one whose job it is to interpret the laws?

Yeah, I know. Which is back to why I asked he had any business trying to interpret it.

Either quote the SCOTUS, or GTFO.

Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

(a) The Amendment’s prefatory clause announces a purpose, but does not limit or expand the scope of the second part, the operative clause. The operative clause’s text and history demonstrate that it connotes an individual right to keep and bear arms. Pp. 2–22.

(b) The prefatory clause comports with the Court’s interpretation of the operative clause. The “militia” comprised all males physically capable of acting in concert for the common defense. The Antifederalists feared that the Federal Government would disarm the people in order to disable this citizens’ militia, enabling a politicized standing army or a select militia to rule. The response was to deny Congress power to abridge the ancient right of individuals to keep and bear arms, so that the ideal of a citizens’ militia would be preserved. Pp. 22–28.

(c) The Court’s interpretation is confirmed by analogous arms-bearing rights in state constitutions that preceded and immediately followed the Second Amendment. Pp. 28–30.

(d) The Second Amendment’s drafting history, while of dubious interpretive worth, reveals three state Second Amendment proposals that unequivocally referred to an individual right to bear arms. Pp. 30–32.

(e) Interpretation of the Second Amendment by scholars, courts and legislators, from immediately after its ratification through the late 19th century also supports the Court’s conclusion. Pp. 32–47.

Communists know what's best for all of us. Take the guns, then starve the people. Works EVERY time.

Much better. So, what are we arguing over again?

the constitution protects nothing. it's the last refuge of a loser.

WARP. IT. UP.

WRAP THAT SHIT UP.

Your autism?

The gubmint is a PUBLIC entity faggot and can be corrupt just like anything else ever.

>wants guns so they can take up arms against the government itself
well that's treason.

Yo nigga. I told you to WRAP THAT SHIT UP.

i said it can be,

CAN. do you know what CAN means?

good meme, saved

Not according to the Constitution (which defines treason)

yea lets take a look for a second at his logical fallacies and what HE'S doing here, implying from his actions. lets not assume he's retarded like most people do.

im not doing it right now im just saying

1. Citizens are the members of the political community to which they belong. They are the people who compose the community, and who, in their associated capacity, have established or submitted themselves to the dominion of a government for the promotion of their general welfare and the protection of their individual, as well as their collective, rights. The duty of a government to afford protection is limited always by the power it possesses for that purpose.

2. There is in our political system a government of each of the several States, and a Government of the United States. Each is distinct from the others, and has citizens of its own who owe it allegiance, and whose rights, within its jurisdiction, it must protect. The same person may be at the same time a citizen of the United States and a citizen of a State, but his rights of citizenship under one of those governments will be different from those he has under the other.

3. The Government of the United States, although it is, within the scope of its powers, supreme and beyond the States, can neither grant nor secure to its citizens rights or privileges which are not expressly or by implication placed under its jurisdiction. All that cannot be so granted or secured are left to the exclusive protection of the States.

>cont

4. The right of the people peaceably to assemble for lawful purposes, with the obligation on the part of the States to afford it protection, existed long before the adoption of the Constitution. The First Amendment to the Constitution, prohibiting Congress from abridging the right to assemble and petition, was not intended to limit the action of the State governments in respect to their own citizens, but to operate upon the National Government alone. It left the authority of the States unimpaired, added nothing to the already existing powers of the United States, and guaranteed the continuance of the right only against Congressional interference. The people, for their protection in the enjoyment of it, must therefore look to the States, where the power for that purpose was originally placed.

5. The right of the people peaceably to assemble for the purpose of petitioning Congress for a redress of grievances, or for anything else connected with the powers or duties of the National Government, is an attribute of national citizenship, and, as such, under the protection of and guaranteed by the United States. The very idea of a government republican in form implies that right, and an invasion of it presents a case within the sovereignty of the United States.

6. The right to bear arms is not granted by the Constitution; neither is it in any manner dependent upon that instrument for its existence. The Second Amendments means no more than that it shall not be infringed by Congress, and has no other effect than to restrict the powers of the National Government.

United States v. Cruikshank,
92 U.S. 542 (1875)

You better wrap that gavel up B

Ill start it though
implying htat saying CAN is saying it IS, is like saying hes got a gun so he'll shoot everybody with it. just from the ability to have somthing that something can happen from, then that thing they imagine from it that could happen, WIll. so like anything they say is something that they imagine will happen, and they believe it is real too.

so he's really thretening me on my post, since i said that the government isn't immune to being corrupt. in the bill of rights the 10th, there are listed 3 sections of government
state, federal, and the people. he's attempting to coup america and take it over with a mob type of entitiy, is what im saying and what i said. he was just threatening me and trying to scare people. in other words, I've showed he had no basis so noone has any reason to fear him and should probably shoot this stupid son of a bitch for attempting to form a mob in america.

thak yhou for your time

i am in no contract with you and my fucking membership in america and the form of government FOR AND BY THE PEOPLE FAGGOT is 10th amendment of the bill of rights implied and nothing any further
FUCK YOU COCKSUCKER. there. fuck whatever yur talking about probably has to do with a N I G G E R

says the anti-constitutionalist

YOur not a godamn utopia exempt form the common laws of CORRUPTION so fuck you trying to make a mob rule in america

you stupid nigger

not only are you not a utopia
you have a mental deffect believing in such a thing to exist

you attempting to claim harm done to you is in effect a threat on me fuck you bitch

What is going on here

>Thinking ANYONE in America is going to go against government nowadays
>Thinking that the right will go against the government at all
LOL

>... and
theyre trying to make this utopia, mob, by form of a threat.
fuck you bitch your a fucking punk. thats all i gotta say.
you pussy

thinking your tower of babel you attempt to build will succeed
again how stupid

Sorry, I dont speak much lawyer.

which part of that spiel acknowledges taking up arms against the united states is not treason?

this is their mental defect

i said members of the state and federal parts of government, im a person and part of the people. what part makes you think im implying the people. i am the people e pluribus unum. its implied how fucking stupid are you. imn not threatening a single person im threatening the people threatening me

Did we mentally break you shill? Do you need to take a break away from the computer screen bud? There is probably a nice Snickers bar in the vending machine.

I have the power to give people autism

The entire 2nd Amendment is basically about being able to overthrow the government if it becomes too corrupt. There are checks and balances in the U.S Government, the people are one of those checks if things become too extreme. We will be there to balance it if we need to.

it also says "militia" and "the people"
I don't think you need to be a lawyer or a judge to understand what those words mean.

Learn to read cockgoblin....read the ENTIRE Amendment:

>A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

well regulated Militia
>well regulated Militia
well regulated Militia
>well regulated Militia
well regulated Militia
>well regulated Militia
well regulated Militia
>well regulated Militia
well regulated Militia
>well regulated Militia
well regulated Militia
>well regulated Militia
well regulated Militia
>well regulated Militia
well regulated Militia
>well regulated Militia

A well balanced breakfast is comprised of food, which the people have a right to.

how about the part where the act of signing the declaration of Independence was literally treason and the founders were well aware of this?

the government has no jurisdiction over the people as it states in the 10th amendment of the bill of rights.
keep looking it says they dont have any obligation to "protect" anyone either. and how could they protect anyone.

its job is to make sure that trade happens and mobs dont get formed by force being used and shit like that. like with people using force to force them to give them their money.

man you are a fuckign rtetard, hjow you can imagine there being some bad thing happening but then saying the state or federal government has to protect this

What makes you think we aren't well regulated shill?
Regulated doesn't have to mean government regulated.
Who am I kidding? Enjoy your 3.34 shekels per post

see
lazy nigger

Welcome to the limitations of language and the reason lawyers are parasites

Yes let's ban guns that's how we stopped people from buying drugs.
Oh wait...

I'm not a drug dealer because I hate the idea of drugs but if guns became illegal id definitely become a gun dealer just to piss off libtards

see >militia (CIVILIAN military)
>necessary
>FREE state
>the RIGHT of (who?)
>the P E O P L E
>to KEEP and BEAR "arms"
take it away Sup Forums!

SHALL

Well thats fucked. We could be a few corrupt leaders away from becoming china. (IE, overthrown government, one party seizes control, and then the people lose all ability to overthrow their government ever again)

I'd argue that at no point is it alright to smash america into pieces, you have no idea what will come back in its place.

NOT

>violent felons aren't allowed to buy tactical nuclear weapons
What part of shall not be infringed are you people not getting?

Wow the left who says treason is good and nations shouldn't exist now acts like it cares about treason

Fuck off and die

it doesn't say "required" ;)

>Confederate flag wants to preach about treason
kek

BE

BE

find a court case that says differently brainlet

oh wait, you can't.

they didn't have the huge administrative state that we have today. that's only been around since the New Deal.

which means that "regulated" didn't mean the same thing back then, because they didn't have any concept of overreaching government regulations that we have today. go ahead, try to find a 1700s version of a "regulation." you won't find it, because that's not what the word meant.

a man would take his gun to the gunsmith to get "regulated," meaning cleaned and maintained to be in top condition. so the actual meaning of the phrase is "a well-maintained and efficacious militia being necessary..."

oh, and the supreme court has also ruled multiple times that it's not an operative clause. it's essentially just there for flair, and not mandating that the state control the militia. otherwise, the founders would almost certainly have said something like "the right of the people, engaged in the service of a state-controlled militia, shall not be infringed while they are serving in that militia."

Like I said who gives a fuck. "Wahh it's treason" not a fucking argument

>People who love the second amendment overthrow government
>Take away second amendment
Your logic is flawed.
Also this happened once already back in 1776

BE

no we haven't

the writers of the 2nd amendment were pretty clear, its intentions aren't misunderstood except by liberals with an agenda

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I N F R I N G E D

This might be the most autistic exchange I've ever seen on this site. What was the point?

Oh, it doesnt matter who overthrows the government.

It matters who rises from the rubble afterwards. Numerous horrible regimes have been toppled only to be replaced by even worse shit.

Only judges or lawyers can interpret a document enumerating rules?

Looks like it's only rules for judges and lawyers then.

Does a well balanced breakfast really need assault bacon though?

You know a comment pissed the kikes off when it gets that many angry replies.

the part where it says "if the bullshit is piled too high, that the intended purpose cannot be fulfilled, that's when..."

i'm a law student. the 2nd amendment is rock solid and not going anywhere.

Faggot.

you missed my point, law student

Are you a faggot or a kike? I'm guessing both.

>the government has no jurisdiction over the people as it states in the 10th amendment of the bill of rights.

that is the worst interpretation of the 10th amendment i've ever heard. the government has no jurisdiction over the people? really? so people can't be tried in federal court for any reason whatsoever?

you're fucking retarded. the 10th amendment just means that the rights not enumerated within the Constitution or implied by those enumerated rights are left to the States and the People.

that doesn't mean the government has no power, idiot. the entire Constitution lays out exactly what powers the government does have, and it lays out a lot of them. The federal government can throw you in jail for drug crimes under the Commerce Clause, for example.

>found a country after freeing it from horrible people
>fight a war internally with british trying to take it back to turn it horrible again
>it turns horrible naturally on its own
>free it again
i dont know why you guys post this stuff, if they want to do this, we will show them what it means to be american, we're not doing anything anyway

STUPID ASSHOLE MOTHER FUCKER
the GOVERNMENT comes FROM THE PEOPLE
>worst intepretation
its the one i heard in schooll. you probably where taught speak and spell.

They aren't sending their best.

BE

and the people have the same force as the state or federal to overthrow them. they have the ability to sure puut people in jail for crimes with a fucking set of procedures which involve showing a victim

Stealing this

>Neither of us is a judge or a lawyer
How do you know that? I know you are not a judge or a lawyer, but the other user has made no claims to profession either way. You making assumptions is a highly problematic way to engage in a discourse. You should be ashamed of yourself, and probably consider suicide.

Don't think I did, chief. You were being sarcastic about the implication that only a judge or lawyer could interpret the law, clearly implying the obvious truth that any person is free to interpret the law.

I chose your comment as an opportunity to chime in as a middle ground between lawyer and layman because it was the most relevant place to do so, not because i intended to contradict the point you were making (as you seem to have interpreted it).

>Thinking ANYONE in America is going to go against government nowadays

happened 2 years ago and it worked you progressive mongrel

not all crimes require "showing a victim." there are strict liability crimes which don't require showing any harm at all.

how about you leave interpreting the law to people who have at least some small amount of knowledge about how it works? you clearly have none whatsoever.

oh, carry on then law student

No one is going to point out the hypocrisy? Fuck off smty.

Yes, his opinion matters, and his . I would keep going, but thats enough.

so your saying that something that might happen, someone owes someone something for? HAHAH thats so fucking stupid. explain 1 stupid faggot
i know im always calling yuou all all kinds of names but
your dumber than shit

Remove second amendment

Remove guns

Simple

Never, you retarded useless commie fuck.

prefatory clause which merely gives a justification for the right to bear arms. this is not now, nor has it ever been, an argument

b8

remove constitution it was put it with the bill of rights only to go ALONG with it.
no american government
fuck chinks
and then we get overrun with mobs like chink run mobs and other shit, since no well, i don tknow we dont have any cohesion

thats what the constitutions about right? and this co9untry

is that supposed to be fucking english? is there a statement of opinion, fact, or even a relevant meme hidden in that gibberish?