I work at a STEM University and some of my employees proposed a girls only hackathon to reduce sexism in the workplace

I work at a STEM University and some of my employees proposed a girls only hackathon to reduce sexism in the workplace.

I told my colleagues I did not feel that method would work well for their end goal, and instead proposed an event that would unite the sexes in games and competitions that involve teamwork and communication. I felt that a keynote speaker related to standing up for yourself (IE someone speaking about how it is acceptable to firmly tell a man not to interrupt you or touch you in the work place) and talk about how in the workplace sometimes you can be wrong and another person might be just telling you that you made an error (IE over reacting to "mansplaining" is not effective or constructive).

I thought this was a pretty good idea and I have done a program similar in the past that women have told me really helped them professionally.

I was absolutely ridiculed for proposing this and I was made out to be an insane sexist because I am white and male. Should I still run the event? I sort of want to just to prove my method is better.

My fellow employees*

>we're going to make both groups equal by segregating out one particular group
That's some solid logic right there

They said that it is better to give a safe space for women to build confidence before going into a coed space.

You fucking retard you missed a golden oppurtinity. You were supposed to let them have the girl hackathon and on the day they present their shit ideas you make a comedy night event page on facebook and invite a bunch of people.

My goal is to have good engineers rise to the top and have the courage to get more work done.

Did female colleagues also ridicule you? If they did then fuck em it’s not worth the effort.

Shut your fucking cock holster cuck boy. Good engineers will rise on their own.

Yes, only females ridiculed me. Most men did not stand up for me.

It made me very disappointed to be honest, I think empowerment can be done much more effectively using my method.

just say you identify as a woman and rape everyone

Haha, you're only at Stage 1 and they're already ridiculing you. Stage 1 is they want to have their own personal event.

Stage 2 is when they realize it's lame and nobody wants to go, so they blame sexism for that too.

Stage 3 is when they're invading your popular event and destroying it. You won't even get to Stage 3. You've already given up.

>we have to make a women-only one because they will probably lose in the open one
>we should do an open one anyway
>surprised by reaction
these people are pure soy and either way they lose because they are implicitly admitting they think women aren't as good.
But if you only do the bullshit women only one, they will think they are winning...so yes have your comp to prove that you wont drink the soy

That is it, I am doing it. I want to prove my message of positivity and individual rights in standing up for yourself is how everyone moves forward.

It only takes one person to stand up for themselves to give confidence to others. I really believe this, and I think my event will make a difference.

Any other input?

>I was absolutely ridiculed for proposing this and I was made out to be an insane sexist because I am white and male. Should I still run the event? I sort of want to

how the fuck is it sexist if you are wanting to run a combined group? for a university, you sure have some fucking dumb cunts for students. does sexism only work one way in your shithole of a country? you sound like a complete beta faggot that can't stand up for himself or to tell a bunch of feminist scumbags that they're sexist pigs.

I was proposing a women's empowerment event focused on teaching women how to stand up for themselves. I was not opposing their hackathon, just suggesting an event I thought would be more effective at getting results.

Talking about sexism.
Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics

If you need a "safe space" then you're not good enough

they want a "girls only" competition because otherwise men will completely fucking dominate the entire thing. Maybe 1 or 2 truly autistic girls will do pretty good but that's it.

Your heart is in the right place, but you need to steel your mind for the task ahead if you wish for it to succeed. Sometimes you have to be a dick first before others will let you be compassionate. It sounds paradoxical, but women are a paradox. I can't stress this enough though. Based off of the posts of yours I'm reading itt, you're not strong willed enough to do this, though I hope you prove me wrong.

I have run things like this in the past, but there was never backlash.

I decided I will get some women from my last program to speak, this way they can talk about how it actually works and it isn't just some mansplaining white male.

Not sure why it even matter who delivers the message but I feel this will work well.

If you think it will help some people and also get your colleagues to shut up about sexism in the workplace then by all means do it.