Is Mars colonization a meme? There is no way we can restart Mars' magnetosphere

Is Mars colonization a meme? There is no way we can restart Mars' magnetosphere

Other urls found in this thread:

iflscience.com/space/elon-musk-says-we-could-terraform-mars-dropping-thermonuclear-bombs-it/
gizmodo.com/maybe-we-dont-have-to-nuke-mars-so-much-after-all-1785413225
youtube.com/watch?v=vFULVMSd5JY
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mars doesn't exist.

Nuke the poles

its not a meme

next thread tomorrow at 10pm GMT, join us

Space travel is fake news. Moving on!

kys

Magnetosphere is pretty irrelevant. If we can build up the atmosphere, maintaining it is a piece of cake in comparison.

>living on planets
Habitat swarms are where it's at.

This

>launching billions of gallons of gas onto a dead planet.

WE WUZ MARTIANS
THE WHITE MAN WANNA COLONIZE OUR LAND BAKA

>launching
Nigga there's rust fucking everywhere on mars, it's all oxidized, meaning there's oxygen in the soil.

Terraforming Mars, turning an entire planet into a place hospitable for life, is the dream of white guys and asians. But you know, you just know, not 5 minutes after it finally reached comfy levels you'd have space jews shipping entire fleets worth of busted-ass rickety space-rafts packed with niggers off the Brown Earth to wreck and ruin beautiful Green Mars, because Mars would be far far too large a threat to ((Earth))

Yes, it is. We'll never make it.

My point is that the lack of magnetosphere only affects the atmosphere in geologic timescales.

How do you get it out?

>>
THAT ID

Carpetbomb it with bacteria or literally nuke the upper atmosphere
There arent enough partciles in the atmosphere to cause fallout and the radiation will be swept into space while the heavier particles will be trapped in uppoer krbit and potentially rain to the surface eventually

I think you have to scrub it really hard, I’ve used coca cola and it helps

It's not. Without the magnetosphere sun will blow the atmosphere out of the planet.

>Transmuting billions of tons of rust into oxygen on a dusty planet whose only easily obtainable energy source is solar

...over millions, if not billions of years.

>Forgetting about tauroidal magnetospheric infusion
>Forgetting about magnetic asteroid slings
>Forgetting about radioactive core injections
>Forgetting that the surface of mars is mostly rust, a component of thermite
There are many theories on how to do it
We just need someone to perfect one of them

The athmosphere on mars is ridiculously light and the pressure is a fraction of that on earth. Water literally instantly goes from solid to gaseous and vice versa point at that point. Breathable mars atmosphere is a meme. Its like breathing 36 km up in our atmosphere.

>someone

>>launch billions of weapons at mars to nuke the atmosphere into existence

>do all that
>literally get an entire new planet
Your point?

That it is undoable you absolute fucking retard. If we could terraform mars, why don’t we terraform earth into being less polluted first?

>SLUT4WhF
what did he mean by this

you dont exist.

Density of Mars atmosphere is 1% of earths atmosphere. We don't want it to be any thinner.

Hey guuuuuuuuuuuyyyyz I haz a great idea.........

lmao you fucking dumb cunt

no, we need someone that knows what they're doing

We have to if we want our white ethnostate. The Earth is lost and Musk knows it, that's why SpaceX and Mars is our last hope at a white utopia.

We can’t even get a full scope of its surface- how are we supposed to be able to completely terraform? It isn’t as simple as “this is the atmosphere now so let’s add these components and ding we have a liveable atmosphere”
How is it going to be sustainable? How would we know? Where would the technology to do it come from? Why are you so retarded OP? WHY? WHY ARE YOU SO DUMB

>someone

Presumably because extraction oxygen from rust is less complicated than the myriad of problems facing Earth's environment, you stupid nigger.

>hurrrrr if we can almost make fusion reactors why can't we make antimatter?
>CHECKMATE FAGGOTS
That's you.

ITT: Ants arguing about how to change the course of a river.

I've actually been looking into it. Nasa has done preliminary number crunching I picked up on. A satellite in L1 orbit around mars throwing off a sufficiently strong magnetic field (how strong needs to be calculated) can simulate the effects and stop atmosphere stripping.

The challenge will be designing a powerful enough electromagnet powered by solar that won't melt the satellite from the heat it generates.

Crash some giant comets into it. When the dust settles, there will be a nitrogen + CO2 atmosphere and lots more water. Then bring plants (perhaps genetically engineered).

>BLUERGHGHGHGH *UNINTELLIGIBLE AMERIDOG SOUNDS* BLEURRHRGHRGHRGHR

>There is no way we can restart Mars' magnetosphere
If they were to figure out a way to capture a Moon-sized asteroid into a stable orbit around the planet, it could be tectonically revitalized.

>ITT: Ants arguing about how to change the course of a river.

He didn't say it was possible to do now you fucking brainlet

woke

Go watch more Star Trek, retard.

Lol, show us your flag eurocuck wannabe larp. Then we’ll see who the “amerimutt” is

No shit. In the gigantic undertaking it is to make the atmosphere breathable, losing it to solar wind is irrelevant. That is my point.

I think domes are the way to go in the foreseeable future anyway.

There won‘t be water on mars because the atmospheric pressure is way too low.

We meet again, Son.

You are entirely failing to appreciate the scale of your proposal, even if we assume mars is capable of holding an atmosphere at all. It’s the same reason we don’t fix the problem of plentiful clean water with desalinationplants worldwide: you have to use a fucking shit ton of energy to do it.

This shit will still be pure fantasy when your grandkids die, talking about it like we could do it now makes you look like a fool.

take this shit to /x/ where it belongs

If it's possible within the laws of physics,
the only thing that could stop us is a lack of knowledge.

Ok but seriously, the proposed methods of terraforming are basically building factories and pumping c02 etc into mars' atmosphere, AKA everything we shouldn't be doing on earth (making it warmer)
reversing pollution on earth would involve 1. cutting down on producing new pollutants and 2. finding a way to physically extract old pollutants

Don't need gas, just need to detonate enough nukes in the atmosphere around the poles to re-ignite a runaway greenhouse gas effect that will warm up the planet.

iflscience.com/space/elon-musk-says-we-could-terraform-mars-dropping-thermonuclear-bombs-it/

Also here's some other faggot way that would also work.
gizmodo.com/maybe-we-dont-have-to-nuke-mars-so-much-after-all-1785413225

t. dead jew worshipper

I'll never understand what it's like to be so ashamed of my nationality or flag that I feel compelled to hide it on an ANONYMOUS board.

>It’s the same reason we don’t fix the problem of plentiful clean water with desalinationplants worldwide: you have to use a fucking shit ton of energy to do it.

That would be possible if we created a massive amount of nuclear and solar power plants.

>Is Mars colonization a meme? There is no way we can restart Mars' magnetosphere
Colonization of space and other planets doesn't necessarily mean terraforming, my dude.

Not knowing that Total Recall is hiding the truth in plain sight

Mars is fucking freezing, it could use a fuckton of CO2

Also, CO2 is what gives life to a planet, not oxygen, and can hardly compete with fucking water vapor as a greenhouse gas. Kill yourself Londoner

>If they were to figure out a way to capture a Moon-sized asteroid into a stable orbit around the planet, it could be tectonically revitalized.

We could use the one that's around the Earth, it would be easy to replace anyway.

im not ashamed of my flag m8 I just post under fascist flag sometimes

I'm glad im not the only one dubious about Martian Terraforming for exactly that reason. Mars' core is completely inert and lacks a magnetosphere of any strength or Van Allen belts. Cosmic bombardment can't be deflected or siphoned down to the polar regions but thr surface gets a blast of full spectrum radiation. The atmosphere would be stripped and ozone decomposed as fast as you could generate it.

If Mars is ever going to be full in habitable outside domes someone will have to get some very clever geoengineering to find away around that.

I somehow doubt the Hollywood idea of drilling tunnels to the core and detonating a bunch of hydrogen bombs would work out like we hope

Capturing CO2 on Earth sounds far more feasible.

Plants breathe oxygen at night

kill myself ? why senpai ? we both agree with each other...

But that’s demonstrably untrue, it’s quite possible earth doesn’t have sufficient resources to fling the weight of the materials required to set up the groundwork on a foreign planet, despite the fact that your plan is within physics.

fpbp

>There is no way we can restart Mars' magnetosphere

That doesn't matter. The rate at which atmosphere is lost to space, a Martian atmosphere would last longer than humanity. We just need to make it.

There's only one solution user

>glass the Jews, space war now!

construct a coil to go around Mars that has a ridicolously powerful current going through it until Mars has a strong magnfication again.

I'm going to half agree and half disagree with you.
We technically "can" tile the Earth with desalinization plants, but we "can't" because it's utterly economically unfeasible, and the costs of giving niglets clean water outweighs the benefits of doing so.

That said, however, at risk of being called a commie, applying Terran economic practices to what would end up being a multi-generational, if not centuries long endeavor, is needlessly short sighted.

Yes, it'd take a lot of resources and energy, but no one in their right mind is going to try and attempt it only off of the resources on Earth and then ship them all the way over to Mars.
You're going to fabricate as much of everything as you can on site, you're going to get a self-sustaining colony going, and you're going to have a god damn space port on Phobos and/or Deimos so you can exploit the asteroid belt (hell, you might even build an orbital tether because of Mar's lower gravity)

Yes, all that shit is incredibly expensive; yes, building the countries worth of solar panels to power all of that (assuming we don't get proper fusion working) will be unfeasible over all but the longest of time scales, and they're won't be anywhere close to a payoff for at least a century, likely.

We "can" do all of this with modern technology, it's just such an absurdly huge project in both scale and time that anyone who was born the day it started would be senile by the time it's finished, if not dead, but it is -doable-.

This

Which we haven’t, and may not have the ability to staff and maintain if we did, and that’s on fucking earth, not an isolated dead rock.

>restart Mars' magnetosphere
not after it was mined to the point that the shielding destabilized, no

>LGBT Flag
>Right Wing Faggots

Do you even understand what the fuck your posting?

Mars is the future. Praise the Omnissiah.

But why? If you want to extract resources from Mars just send robots to do it.

Create an artificial core.

The magnetosphere could be sustained by a continuous plasma reaction in a pressured area. Finding a material to hold such a concoction would need engineering though. It would have to be as small as graphite and as conductive as a polymer.

But if we don't lay the groundwork for starting it then the Jews or the Chinks will do it and our last hope at a truly white ethnostate will be gone.

Because politically it'd be easier to terraform a dead planet than it would be to get Indians, Chinese, and African to stop reproducing so fast, and shitting in their rivers, and dumping heavy metals and alkaloids into the ocean, and chopping down all the forests to make charcoal for stove fires, and to kill every animal in sight because of muh traditional eastern medicine

Wow what fantastic bullshit

>These people actually believe 'mars' and the 'moon' are actual massive physical bodies floating above their heads.
>They believe this because of sketchy moon landing evidence and a lot of movies and 3d animations and colorful pictures.

We should probably ask the lead balls of Henry Cavendish, I am sure they have the answer in their mysterious sways.

>going to other planets to mine
You don't go to other planets for resources, because getting those resources back off planet is expensive. You go to other planets because you want to live there, and for some reason don't want to build a fuckload of habitats in space.

For one, as long as we all sit on one single rock, humanity could possibly get wiped out by a single large asteroid.

And we might be able to send a bunch of our best engineers to create robots to start operating on other planets and interplanetary space, but humans may still have enough adaptability and usefulness to keep at the forefront of this work as well.

kill yourself

Skitarii?

It is a meme right now.
It's just too fucking expensive at the moment and unprofitable to boot.
This can definitely change if we have enough deflation, but every central bank in the world is hellbent on inflation.
Not happening before the end of central banking.

Also there's very little point in terraforming another planet until we start running out of room here, and that's a long way off.

It would be 100,000 times cheaper to establish your colony in Antarctica, Siberia, or even the Sahara. You can reclaim large tracts of the Sahara with the right irrigation and vegetation. Heck, Putin is handing out parts of Siberia like candy, and Siberia has known resources.

Even seasteading is many thousand times cheaper than space colonization.

Hell yeah

youtube.com/watch?v=vFULVMSd5JY

Flat earth faggot detected.

This

Wouldn't it be easier to just have a bunch at a lower intensity at the other la grange points?

In a perfect world we get ride of the Indians, Chinese, and all of Africa solving the problem. One can dream though.

THE ETERNAL ANGLO STRIKES AGAIN!

>muh unprofitable
jewish influence detected

I'm sure ameriniggers will ruin that planet too.