Devilman crybaby PV2

youtube.com/watch?v=b9-CbhrXy7I

Yuasa's Devilman will be AOTY.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kXxkldh4cuU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Looks pretty bad to be honest

Low budget even

Agreed,I like abstract art,like one piece movie 6,Ping pong the animation,but Devilman isn't that type of story

I feel ashamed that I'm only hearing this now.

Just a friendly reminder that the more you retards make these threads that say nothing but "IT WILL BE AOTY / AOTD / THE BEST ANIME OF ALL TIME," the more cancer you're going to have to deal with when it airs.

What? About Crybaby happening? What rock have you been under?

It's inevitable with Yuasa. You couldn't even have a good thread about Ping Pong for a year after it aired.

Wrong.

>"IT WILL BE AOTY / AOTD / THE BEST ANIME OF ALL TIME,
I'm not lying though. Literally everything Yuasa touches it gold.

I consider committing sudoku to clear my shame.

I think it could work to enhance the horror. Shit's all weird and disorienting when demons are terrorizing a victim, then when Devilman swoops in to kick ass the animation gets slightly more "normal".

>Devilman isn't that type of story
what type of story is it? What is so special that it cannot be done in Yuasa style?

Have you not watched Kemonozume?

My only criticism is I don't like Ryo's new haircut.

Why does Yuasa continue to be such a good pleb filter?

It looks like a continuation of Kemonozume's style. GREAT

Yeah, they need Go Nagai sideburns and it would be perfect.

I wish he'd quit directing

THIS IS A MASSACRE OF ALL YOU ASSHOLES

Dafuq is this hipster looking shit? not my Devilman that's for sure

calling all cautiosly optimistic finnish 90's kids who got their mind blown by the ova on vhs because it was sold on the children's cartoons isle

What happened to this

Why are they doing this to me

Go Nagai is a hack who can't write an ending to save his life.

AMON, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Good thing a director that is known for being able to make up good endings is on his case.

But the ending of Devilman is literally the greatest ending to any Japanese fiction ever conceived?

Devilman is that kind of story. Nagai's 70's artstyle looks like an acid nightmare

ORE WA
DEVILMAN DA

Is this a reference to the live action movie?

That's literally what happened to the original design

I was looking forward to it but this looks like shit.

>an ending so abrupt and nonsensical it inspired every single shitty Gainax end.

I thought Shuten Douji was the original Gainax ending

Bye.

Go Nagai's art is ugly as fuck. Stop defending it.

The is literally the most important aspect of the manga and drives the whole point home. Only idiots who cant read between the lines would think its nonsensecial.

>God is a big meanie
>now I'm frozen

Yeah. It's practically Tolstoy.

Go Nagai's art is great.

At least put the drill sideburns.

Maybe he'll grow them once when he turns into Satan.

Why do so many people pretend to like Go Nagai? Do they think they're being really funny, edgy, or ironic by saying they like poorly-drawn poorly-written lowbrow shit?

I understand why they would feel the need 'modernize' the character designs and Nagai's style isn't exactly something that can be completely copy pasted to animated format but

Seriously, why the hell do Akira and Ryo look like this? They don't even resemble the characters they're supposed to be in the slightest. I just don't understand this decision.

It's bad but with a wonderful style. It deserves to be defended.

>why the hell do Akira and Ryo look like this?
Because that's how Yuasa operates.

>implying
Honestly, I thought he'd adapt Nagai's designs, considering he did that for Taiyo Matsumoto.
I figured it'd be a sort of Kaiba situation where he clearly adapted a Tezuka inspired artstyle.
Whatever though, I'm not bothered, because I know he's going to adapt the manga well.

Akira looks exactly like he has to look like in an anime adaption. Almost every adaption after the 1972 manga had him look like this. Ryos design did change a lot but as long as his personality stays the same I dont mind it. He might even grow out his side burns once the story develops further.

What the fuck are you talking about mate?

Man this was a good ass panel

Will Crybaby go into the fact their all trapped in a giant cycle?

He looks like Roof, it's weird.

I'm hyped

When he is shooting he looks lke cruella deville, that haircut looks like anal sauce in ryo

I think Ryo looks cool

Silene looks pretty good though.

I wish the show had rough linework like this. Not a fan of the clean look at all.

?

People shit on his art style a lot but his panelling is untouchable.

I meant the show as a whole. That shot is cool, but it's also only one shot., the rest don't look like it at all.

i knew it, yuasashit should never been allowed anywhere near this series, hes already fucking ruined it with shit music, his shitty whimsy style that doesn't fit the tone of this series in any way shape or form, and its not even good, its full of DEEN tier QUALITY.
fuck all the dickriders, god damn.

You seem to be a bit frustrated, user.

What's wrong with the music?

its fucking generic as all holy hell like something you could find by some two bit fucktard off soundcloud.

Then don't watch it?

It's trailer music for a Netflix series. At least fucking wait until you actually hear the soundtrack and sound direction in the actual thing.

Scenes of high intensity always change artstyle for Yuasa, and Devilman has many.

i've found that ethnic people typically don't appreciate Yuasa

anyone know why that is

I have only watched "Amon The Apocalypse of Devilman" and i think it's fucking cool
Is this new material? if not, is this any good?
Should i watch/read the complete series?

youtube.com/watch?v=kXxkldh4cuU

new remake via yuasa directing for netflix i think.
its not out yet so people have speculation, some of us like it, some of us don't, make your own decision on this.

Watch the two ovas and if you like that read the manga.

Read the original manga, obviously.

the original devil man manga is only 5 volumes long and really good, Amon the Apocalypse of devilman, is kinda of retelling of the last volume if I remember correctly. The manga was great and the three movies devilman has are a pretty good representation of the series. The last volume is wild though.

I don't think you understand. I would like the whole show to have rougher line work, not just moments of high intensity.

Why crybaby?

Pre Amon Akira was a giant pussy.

Akira is a crybaby.

I will never forget you senpais
See you in the release thread

I hope this adaptation remembers the appeal of Devilman is the comedy and the badass action, not just "wow so serious and artistic, this is a deep exploration of human nature, humans are the REAL demons..."

I really don't like how every Science Saru film is Flash and looks too flat, but Otome and Lu are both great so I'm sure this will be too.

>humans are the REAL demons
has that ever been a message in devilman

Last thread was full of Plebbitors, talking about e-celebs and Tumblr.

What the fuck, how Is that related to Devilman?

Devilman's endings Is one of the few tragic endings that doesn't feel forced.

But, which of all the "X Devilman" series are Canon? I just have read Shin Devilman that tells the story of akira and Ryo traveling through time.

I don't know, but why the fuck are you bringing up this shit?

In an essay written three decades after the debut of the original manga and TV series, Nagai commented that he designed Devilman as an anti-war work. According to Nagai, the fusion of humans and demons is an analogy for the draft, and Miki's gruesome death parallels the death of peace. "There is no justice in war, any war," wrote Nagai, "nor is there any justification for human beings killing one another. Devilman carries a message of warning, as we step toward a bright future."

But that Akira dissapears as soon as Devilman is born and that's pretty soon.

All side stories are canon, read Amon to find out why.

Maybe the directors gonna flip it on us and Amonkira is going to be a giant crybaby.

Isn't amon just a re-telling of the last fight?

What about that Devilman series that takes place in the future?

I want to protect Miki ;_;

Amon gives us some really important info about the state of the Devilman universe. Violence Jack is also canon.

Kebob!

Akira is still there, he just got roid rage.

If you look at the promo, akira cries in the pic and if you have read the manga then you know of a few situations were one would be kinda forced to have an emotional breakdown. Though I dont know if thats what yuasa meant with the title. Maybe its meant to be literal or tongue in cheek.

Akira gains a bloodlust but his heart remains. He only ceases to be in some Devilman stories where Amon explicitly is the one in command of the human body, like the original TV show and most recently the Grimoire manga.

I want to protect Silene's smile

Direction looks good, but the art and animation look underwhelming. Science SARU should stick to originals.

Pretty sure every shot of violence will look like that

>only 10 episodes long
So what are they gonna cut?

>Akuma ja nai, Katsura da!

Probably all of Akira's gang buddies and when he rescues them, maybe the attack on the Ministry, but I bet you there gonna do the day at the beach though.