Submitting movie to the Academy in a VERY crowded year of critically-acclaimed animated films

>Submitting movie to the Academy in a VERY crowded year of critically-acclaimed animated films.
>Not waiting until after its US release for word-of-mouth to build.

Man, Funimation really fucked up its Oscar chances, didn't it?

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/definitive-proof-that-academy-voters-are-ignorant-about-animation-96680.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally who cares?

>caring about Oacars
>mobile poster
>punctuation in greentext
>thumbnail image
Good thread.

It doesn't deserve an Oscar anyway. If Kaguya Hime didn't get it, this shit TRULY does not deserve it.

Considering how shitty this year has been for American animated films, Your Name could've had a chance, but they blew their load last year.

Wouldn't get an oscar anyway. Doesn't really deserve it since it's not especially groundbreaking or unique, and wouldn't win anyway since the oscars don't care about animation at all.

>VERY crowded year of critically-acclaimed animated films.
Animated films like.......?
And maybe I'm wrong about this, but is that actually acceptable? I always thought Oscars had to pick only from the works that came out that year, I mean, it wouldn't make sense if a movie from 2016 won the 2017 awards, would it?

Reminder The Wind Rises lost to fucking Frozen.

Frozen was better, unironically.

Oscars don't matter.

Like it or not, the Oscars are the most relevant awards in the film industry. Just being nominated gives your movie recognition.

Koe no Katachi was better anyways.

When's the US release?

>most relevant awards in the film industry
Literally who cares?

I do

The people who decide what ultimately gets made or not

Shit movies shouldn't win anything though so who cares?

Funimation's marketing for it was garbage all around. As for the Oscars, everyone knows the judges just ask their kids what animated movie they liked outside of Disney/Pixar films.

Reminder that they didn’t even bother watching it and just automatically decided to give it to Frozen.

You're delusional if you think any movie not Disney/Pixar or maybe Dreamworks has a serious chance of winning.

Spirited Away and Wallace and Grommit both won, and neither is CG or American.

Thought that said 'your mama'

It´s not going to win either way, the judges never even watch the animated films, they just vote for whatever their childrend watched.

The only exception was Spirited Away, and only because Miyazaki is a giant westaboo with friends in the academy.

Not in the animation world, there are more prestigious award. Study more son.

Disney helped Spirited Away flourish in America

Lol why would some chinese fuckin' thing Thant nobody ever freakin saw won?

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

White people (pig) are retarded, what else is new?

Did you miss the part where Oscars are worth dogshit?

Kaguya lost to some fucking dumb CGI trash

The oscars are generally a shit show. The academy decides based on the individuals, not the performance, and based on their 'oscar campaigns' to try and jostle for the front. The movies mean little overall.

Spirited Away was distributed in the west by Disney and many assumed Disney had a hand in its creation.

The competition the year Wallace and Grommit won was Corpse Bride and Howl's Moving Castle. It's obvious which movie the voter's children were most likely going to enjoy the most.

Kono Sekai no Katasumi ni was better anyway

I would have put money on Howl's Moving Castle for that year honestly. I'm still surprised the Academy chose a movie that is about as English as a movie could ever be.

Nip apologist shite.

Shut the fuck up retard

No they're not
Nobody outside burgerland cares about that domestic circlejerk

Fuck off facist dog.

This.

The Oscar voters don't even watch the contenders. They ask their kids or grandkids what their favorite was and go with that.

True story

How often do you hear normies mention the Annies or similar awards?

>interacting with filthy normalfags
Disgusting

>normies
>needing validation from normalfags

>normies
Evidently some normalfags do know about other rewards.

Don't fucking remind me. Anybody has that pic?

from cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/definitive-proof-that-academy-voters-are-ignorant-about-animation-96680.html

The 2015 one was also pretty bad cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
> Song of the Sea and Princess Kaguya called “Chinese fuckin’ things"

>When a movie is that successful and culturally hits all the right chords and does that kind of box-office — for that movie not to be in over these two obscure freakin’ Chinese fuckin’ things that nobody ever freakin’ saw
Weren't Oscars originally meant to promote obscure shit?
Seems they have come a full circle.
Not that I care about Burger awards and their retardation.

Shut up gook

They were greedy and wanted to rake in extra $$$$$$$$$$ opening weekend from the "OSCAR-NOMINATED" or (very unlikely) "OSCAR WINNER" slapped all over the boards.

Yes, even oscar nominated would have increased the viewership in US at least 2-3 times.

Knowing Shinkai if the movie got an Oscar he'd be fucking pissed. It's amazing but he still considers it unfinished and therefore flawed.

If this shit deserves an award then the standarts must have gotten very low nowadays.

Japan doesn't even care about the oscars, just how much merch they can sell to the nippon population