I watched this show back when I was a youngling too stupid to understand anything about anything...

I watched this show back when I was a youngling too stupid to understand anything about anything. It was my favorite show immediately because it was the first show I watched that wasn't a battle shounen and it had lots of violence, but I was only eleven when I watched it and I couldn't even keep with the subs speed at times. I just rewatched the first episode and I am shocked at how I didn't remember anything, and at the fake SoL aspect. Is it actually a master piece? Is it bad? What should I expect?

it's a great show, that much Sup Forums can agree on.
also, mion is best girl

I'd recommend reading the VN. The anime isn't that bad, but it cuts a lot of shit out and focuses more on the gore than the characters.

All the threads I've been in trash the anime.
>mion is best girl
Good taste.

Read the fucking VN
The anime just turns this into a B-rated slasher flick.

you have torrent links?

buy them from Steam

It's only up to chapter 5.

I'm a poorfag

It's not a masterpiece but it's certainly good.
I'm probably in the minority but I couldn't get into the VN's.
This is how all threads should start.

should be on erogedownload
Then to follow it up read Umineko.
Until all the steam versions are released, for english translations it's only voiced to episode 5.

The VN really is much better. You said you saw episode one right? That's 20 something minutes for slice of life and I'm pretty sure the next episode the horror starts. In the VN they spend a couple hours so you get to know every character and Keiichi's thought process. And also setting up the mystery with the newspaper articles. In the anime it flashes over them in a minute I think. But in the VN you get to read over the details and think on it.

Basically, it's much more of a mystery than a simple gore show. And the VN asks you to think while the anime just braindead takes you through the story.

>mion is best girl
I think you misspelled Shion there, buddy.

This was the first anime I ever watched when I was an edgy kid. I was obsessed with it because it was "so dark, deep and mature". Fuck man, things were so much simpler back then.

Speaking of the VN, I just finished the question arc.
I had a pretty good theory on the culprit and how everything happened. Then episode 4 came and completely blew my theories away. What the fuck?

I watched the anime so can't really get into the VN since I know the answer.
What do you think's going on?

What was your theory?
You should probably be careful of spoilers here too.

I finished the first four episodes which I seemed to remember quite well. Is it worth reexperiencing in the novel or should I just skip to the next one?

The first 4 episodes cover the first chapter of the VN, which is around 15+ hours long.
The VN goes into a lot more detail, so I think it is worth experiencing again

It is worth re-experiencing I think. The 15-something hours of the first chapter get condensed into about one hour.
Another thing, you can pick & choose which sprites and backgrounds to use, new or old. Just google Higurashi sprite patch. There are some diehard lovers of the old art, but you should choose whatever you like.

I feel like I've been spoiled about the story now, I'll come back to it after I finish the others and hopefully it'll be less fresh in my mind. Thanks everyone, this really was a part of my childhood that I am going to get some closure on.

It's amazing breh and always has been

Remember Umineko is a kind of sequel, that is both better and worse in ways.
And it never got a full adaption that Higurashi at least had.

Oh boy
My theory is that takano is the mastermind behind the festival killings. I believe that she used the syringe to cause people to go insane. She used it on the camera dude and she faked her death. It's possible that in episode 1 she injected mion and rena with this to make them go insane, then keichii was injected with it by rena and mion which caused him to kill himself later. Episode 2 had some shion and mion shenanigans. It's possible that shion was injected with this syringe as well. Which is why shion pretended to be mion and stabbed keichii then she committed suicide. In episode 3 the uncle was actually killed, his corpse wasn't there because it was removed by takano since she knew keichii killed him. The only problem now is that it looks like Rika knew of the killings of the festival, was this planned for years? Was Rika part of the conspiracy? This is getting weird.
I still haven't touched the answer arcs, but I'll try them later after I fix my theory a bit until it suits me, it's still rough on the edges.

Also I would like to add something else I forgot
The disaster is actually caused by something that only happens in episode 3, which is keichii throwing a combustible machine(bike) on a swamp that's unstable and is about to blow up.

Hmm. You've got some good and bad points...
People generally like the solution, the "XYZ" theory and especially the reveal. My theory by Ep4 involved a lot more demonic possession haha. The possible motive is really hard to form, so I fell into a lot of magical motives.
You better leave now or you'll see a picture spoiler.

My buddy

Did Mion's tits ever get fixed?

The first two seasons are amazing

Okay