Mechs

Why are japs so obsessed with mechs? I could never understand this, I hated this idea even when I was kid. And there are multiple reasons for that.

First of all: they are unpractical as fuck. I liked military things like tanks, planes guns and stuff and I looked through the history of the development of those weapons aswell. For example how tanks have "evolved" since the 1WW till now, all the improvements were made etc. And the mechas are completely the opposite of it. It's a huge leap backwards, like 1 lightyear back. First of all: Complicated mechanism which makes it very cost-ineffective. Too many parts that can break, too many unnecessarities which make it too expensive and unviable in combat. Building a lot of armor while being abble to maintain the whole construction (let's assume it's possible with the technology there) would cost more than just building a battalion of tanks instead.
Same for flying mechas, planes exist for a reason, you know? Even in space I assume some specialized vessels would be much better.

Now to the practical part: What is the usage of a big humanlike robot in a war with a gun (or even a sword lol)? A tank has low profile and is hard to hit, mechas would be blown away by artillery to smithereens because of their high profile. If you need a gun why you just don't put it on a tank?

So many plotholes in those mechas but they keep making and making and making it. I just want a nice science fiction anime without this bullshit but with normal space ships like in any western movie (starwars, startrek, whatever). Why must japs put mechs every-fucking-where? Where are the good oldschool planes/tanks/spaceships?

And now they are even putting them in fantasy where technology is even less developed. What. The. Fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q04Jt3Zux7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I hate giant robots beating the shit out of each other
I will however agree that anime is sorely lacking in the technological aspects of giant robots

Because you are a friendless autist faggot and they hate you. That's why they make mecha shows. Just to piss on you. Because that's what you deserve.

This user.
You should proud several nations of people hate you enough just to make mechs popular just to spite you.

I was going to give an explanation of the cultural development of the genre but then I read the rest of the post and realized the correct answer was

Shut the fuck up retard

Go back to /k summerfag

Because they are a [fun] and [awesome] idea even tough they are [impractical]. What else is there to understand.

I can get finding the incongruences too grating as an adult, even if you're a faggot for doing so, but hating giant robots beating the shit of each other as a kid made you an edgy tryhard.
Either that or you had a sad childhood even by Sup Forums standards.

Not even the Japanese like mechs anymore. Mecha is a dead genre outside of Gundam, and even that isn't nearly as successful as it used to be.

Everything except Moeshit is a dead genre these days.

Fuck you nigger. Giant robots are cool. Get better taste.

>they are unpractical as fuck

Stopped reading there. You can take that shit taste, and fuck right off to whatever forum you crawled out of.

Mechs are the logical evolution of current military weapons platforms when compact fusion power plants and beam weapons become practical. These future mechs will probably look more like Heavy Objects than traditional humanoid mechs though.

>unpractical as fuck
Go back to school.

>now they are even putting them in fantasy
>now
How fucking new are you?
>lol
Oh, that new.

Fuck off.

>/k
Fuck off, summerfag.

> tfw when conventional naval and air forces become obsolete because Japan is the first nation to build Heavy Objects due to their obsession with large mechs

>And now they are even putting them in fantasy where technology is even less developed

There were mechs in Magic Knight Rayearth 25 years ago.

They are cool. Nobody cares about how practical or not they may be irl.

Fuck you, mecha is the backbone of anime itself, ever present even at its genesis. There is nothing that sets a man's heart aflame more than great warriors of steel and iron who fight for love and justice, and the brave pilots who are their partners.

And Dunbine a decade before that.

I've never watched a true mecha show.

g po lu

Niggers

Summing up OP's rant.

>he doesn't think mechs are practical
oh you of little faith
youtube.com/watch?v=Q04Jt3Zux7A