Logic>Emotion

What do you think, Sup Forums should humans attempt to trump emotion with logic and strive to only think on the outcome via critical thinking and calculated risk taking rather than think with the heart? Can humans survive with dampened or even no emotion and if so, would it be for the better? I’d appreciate a good debate over it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-preservation
unz.com/pfrost/fall-of-blood-lust-and-rise-of-empathy/
unz.com/jman/the-rise-of-universalism/
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0167268186900223
unz.com/jman/clannishness-the-series-a-finer-grained-look-at-how-it-happened/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

logic;emotion::yin;yang

I'm all for humans trying to be more like Vulcans. I'm an INTJ who is like that naturally -- but I think it's beyond most people's capacity. It's easy to end up n the far right, somewhere between AnCap and Pinochet on the political map, if you follow the logic.

your reason is a slave to your emotions

Not for everyone, and not for every topic. Some areas of physics for example aren't affected by emotion because people don't have feelings about point particles.

> Muh emotions and feelings is for libtards
> logic is basically everything which feels logical

In theory, if people could find ways to suppress their emotions outright, we would be better off as a species but unfortunately, we are social beings with sentience, and we are prone to error more often than not. I have asperger’s and have dampened emotions. As a result I’m more introverted but when left to my own devices or when talking with people who actually know what they’re doing, I can truly thrive.

And how did logic work out for the Dwemer?

Their discovery of the heart of Lorkhan prompted the great houses to attempt to seize control of heart and in an attempt to harness it at the last second, all of them were absorbed into numidium if you believe in what that skyrim quest with keening tells us. Such an argument has been made that a society with nothing but intellectualls is bound to fail miserably in war and infighting...

They also incurred the wrath of Azura who might have had a hand in their demise (other than helping along the Chimer)

Ah, perfect insight there, I thought something didn’t add up.

I believe just the opposite OP.

I think western society focuses WAY too much on cognitive intelligence (logic) and not enough on emotional intelligence. This negligence causes immatured emotions to make people do crazy and stupid things. Ignoring problems (such as low emotional intelligence) doesn't make them go away.

that would mean everyone takes the red-pill, and idk what would happen

maybe it's better if most people stay blue pilled

You're not wrong either, it's just that in that universe multiple timelines can happen simultaneously or not at all. They were tinkering with the Heart during the Battle of the Red Mountain and made some critical error

Wouldn’t logic dictate to solve problems when they arise, I’m a bit of a perfectionist in that sense, I attempt to purge a problem as soon as it arise rather than wait for it to explode in my face, despite my apathetic nature.

Chaos would insue for a little while and then when the dust settles, a synthesis of the clashing ideologies is formed and it may be incomprehensible to us.

They weren't logical, they were arrogant. The logical thing to do would be to worship the gods, their arrogance cost them their race

>Wouldn’t logic dictate to solve problems when they arise,

So.... ignore all our emotions and use only pure logic, but solve any and all emotional problems when they arise. I believe that's what is called double think.

There's no logical reason not to kill ourselves, since it would end our suffering. But we don't because we fear death, and we want to experience happiness. Our will to live is driven purely by emotion

Dialectics indicates after a clash, the winning thesis forms a synthesis of that which is has conquered (ie Norman conquest, WW2, etc.)

“Doublethink is the act of simultaneously accepting two mutually contradictory beliefs as correct, often in distinct social contexts.” Hmm, you have a very valid point, there’s no actual solution to this, a middle ground ends up with what we have now, but a tip into either scale will cause chaos and go knows what else.

Nous>logic

The only reason I haven’t killed myself is because of my cowardice and feeling of obligation to raise the babies of my goats, when you put it into perspective, there really IS no true meaning to life except self preservation and reproduction. Perhaps that’s one of the reasons why I no longer fear death nearly as much as I did as a child.

Both terms are synonymous depending on your perspective but in the grand scheme of things, I would agree that overall intelligence DOES trump all other types of function and thought.

They aren't

I don't fear death because you can't experience it. Experience requires a functioning brain, death requires your brain to cease functioning.

And if that's not the case then I guess I'll just be reborn or sent to another realm or something, so either way it's nothing to worry about

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-preservation

Excessive empathy and guilt proneness are the reason Whites are dying out.

unz.com/pfrost/fall-of-blood-lust-and-rise-of-empathy/
unz.com/jman/the-rise-of-universalism/

I guess to quote Diogenes: “if I am not aware when I’m dead, why should I care what happens to me?”

Self-preservation as a foundation of rational behavior under risk sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0167268186900223

What does Sup Forums think of AI?

Thanks for the article, I’ll save it for later!

Here's another one

unz.com/jman/clannishness-the-series-a-finer-grained-look-at-how-it-happened/

Personally, I think it can both work wonders and hinder society depending on its programming, however, I don’t think machines should be given rights (like the one in Saudi Arabia)

AI is fledgling and imperfect technology
AI is a great way to demonstrate the logical fallacies of racism. Most Sup Forumsocks will refuse to look into it any further than "AI is racist so racism must be real" because they don't want their beliefs to be challenged. Those are the true blue pilled.

AI sees things exactly as they are, unbound by political correctness or other leftist programming.