150+ episodes of this until shit gets interesting

>150+ episodes of this until shit gets interesting
What was the point of this? Why didn't they just start with Z?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=48XYBDLPNCc
youtube.com/watch?v=8MaiCJ9E6xE
youtube.com/watch?v=VwlRdcIt9yM
youtube.com/watch?v=vdQLaHEpx9w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

b8
s4ge

>150+ episodes of pointless lore

Name one useful bit of info you learned from the Emperor Pilaf saga. Go.

>learn origins of vital characters and the Dragonballs
>has Jackie Chun
I'd argue it was just as enjoyable as Z with the tournaments

But user, Toonami did.

Japs literally believe rabbits make candy on the moon.

>tfw wanna just skip all the bullshit up until the cell arc
>tfw haven't even watched DB
>would feel guilty if I just skipped it all

what the fuck am I reading, dragonball was an easier watch that z just boot that shit up and enjoy it.

When was the last time we even saw a dragon ball?

Dragon Ball is the most mundane boring shit, currently drudging through it as I type this shit.

>comparing two shows with entirely different tones and themes

M8 are you retarded?

Watch dragon ball recut then. It's a very well made kai-type of edit which cuts the number of episodes down from 153 to around 90.

it's straight forward slapstick kung fu nonsense that takes itself more and more seriously as time goes by. though to be fair it goes on for longer than it should but if you can't handle it how can you enjoy z with its loads of nonsense.

>tfw I watch DB once every 3 years or so and stop when the series ends and not even bother with Z.
Why would I want to watch a bunch of unimaginative fighting and filler when I have just watched the best part of the franchise?

>but if you can't handle it how can you enjoy z with its loads of nonsense

He's clearly one of those fans who only enjoys dbz out of nostalgia.

BECAUSE Z HAS FIGHTING AND BAD ASS CHARACTERS AND NOT A RETARD BLUE MIDGET NAMED PILAF

>Dragon Ball
>Dragon Ball Z
>entirely different tones and themes
What did he mean by this?

You have shit taste then as DB is one of the greatest anime ever made.

Dragon Ball is a fun and more lighthearted story with an emphasis on magic and adventure. Z is a more serious story focused on action and More sci-fi themes

But dragon ball is comfy

Z is shit, it’s just a bunch of powerlevel faggot bullshit.

how dragonballs work.

Whatever happened to Jackie anyway?
Did he just die of old age?

Who cares? When was the last time a dragon ball was even used on screen? It's been years.

They were relevant at every single arc of DBZ. Saiyans becoming giant monkeys did became irrelevant since Namek, though.

Are Saiyans having tails been retcond?

Dragon Ball Z is to Dragon Ball what the Star Wars prequels are to episodes IV-VI. I mean, hell, instead of Goku being an alien, might as well just call them "Mitochloryans" instead of "Saiyans".

>What was the point of this?
To see what gokoa was like like a kid, and to understand that krillin was always a cuck.

>Why didn't they just start with Z?
Toriyama forgot how to make a good anime/manga series. Give him a break, he caught alzheimers at 23.

>Name one useful bit of info you learned from the Emperor Pilaf saga. Go.
That imaginative adventures can be fun to watch.

gokoa is an ape boy and then it never comes up again.

But user, outside of sweet 80's cinematography, the original trilogy doesn't have anything going for it.
And if you disregard the attack of the clones, then the second trilogy becomes superior. And if you substitute the original 2003 animated clone wars for attack of the clones, then the second trilogy becomes massively superior.

I don't actually like Star Wars.

This is a slow thread and I don't think anyone will mind me checking.

It's not bait and is a valid criticism.
Most dragonball fans started with Z on toonami. They even moved onto GT without even knowing that there was an original dragonball. (remember, 2003 is still reasonably early in the internet's life)

Most fans hate original dragonball because they grew up with Z and GT and original dragonball is drastically different from them in terms of tone, pacing, and being 97% filler.

>pleb thinks that z was better than original DB
Dargonball stopped being good when powerlevels came

Yeah maybe to toonamibaby like you. DB is miles better than z will ever be

@ 160667261

Not even worth a (You)

You could try addressing the content of my post, or alternatively you could keep shitposting and try to assert to yourself that your post was meaningful.

youtube.com/watch?v=48XYBDLPNCc
>AHHHHHHHHHHH
>HIS POWER IS INCREDIBLE, IS THAT REALLY X?
>AHHHHHHHHHHH
>RAHHHHHHHH
>HOW DOES HE HAVE THAT MUCH POWER?
>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I don't think you were trying to prove how much better Z is compared to original, but you certainly did.
youtube.com/watch?v=8MaiCJ9E6xE

Never watched the show but I enjoyed DB just as much as Z in the manga. Should I watch it? I don't think I'll like the adaptation because the manga was my childhood and I feel like I'll hate it every time there's any filler or changes. I might even hate it just because of the voices.

>and being 97% filler.
What the fuck?

>I feel like I'll hate it every time there's any filler
It's all filler...

first episode meeting bulma, episode where he sees a kamehameha, episode where he apes out, episode of him delivering milk, 2 episodes of him in his first tournament, 1-3 episodes of him on pushing boulders on his self journey, episode where krilin dies, episode where he power fists king piccolo, episode where he meets chichi and she trys to marry him, episode where gocuck says to give majunior mercy.
11-13/153

My bad, it's only 92% filler.

db>dbz
why are you so fucking gay user?

>I don't know what filler means
Thanks for verifying that for us.

useless episodes that don't progress the plot in a meaningful way and are irrelevent to the current arc.

>american soundtrack
I am glad that they didnt show that version in my country

This is you.
youtube.com/watch?v=VwlRdcIt9yM

Even excluding the fact that, "filler", in the context of anime has always referred to content that didn't exist in the manga (or other medium the anime was adapted from), even by your usage Dragon Ball (pre-Z of course) has relatively little filler.

adaptation differences =/= filler

Wrong, he is correct. Generally the invented parts of the anime are also filler by your definition because they'll have to return to adapting the manga, but the "filler" parts of the manga is canon so we still want those parts in the anime.

Nah i am finnish and they showed DBZ in japanese with subtitles

adaptation differences =/= filler, but filler is a subset of adaptation differences

>And if you disregard the attack of the clones, then the second trilogy becomes superior
Are you seriously suggesting phantom menace and revenge of the sith are at all worth anyone's time?

phantom menace is worth it for the pod race.
Eliminating attack of the clones get rid of the sand.
Revenge of the sith is the best star wars movie.

See her tiddies obviously

>Not liking to off the wall goofiness of it all coupled with actual fight choreography.

It's almost like you have shit taste, user-kun.

>people still fall for the watching dragon ball meme
>people still don't just read the manga

im pretty sure only in burgerland dragon ball z came before dragon ball

Bullshit, he looked as old as Roshi and seemed even more healthier.

DB >>>>>>>>> DBZ

fact

>almost

>he watches children's cartoons to "learn useful info", not for entertainment
Textbook autism

I'm just going to ask in this thread.
I've never watched any DB(Z), should I? I'm only interested because everyone I know just goes crazy by the mention of the show. And based on that dub or sub?

Yes, you should watch it.
Dragonball, then Dragonball Z Kai, then optionally the movies and specials. Then optionally GT and/or Super if you don't care about quality and just want more.
Dub/sub is an eternal debate. Dragonball has a pretty good dub as it was done after Z. The Japanese audio is horrible quality but the acting is good.
Dragonball Z has an atrocious dub, which is why you should watch Dragonball Z Kai instead.
Any version you download in 2017 will have both audio tracks so just try both and see which one you like best.

but he definitely wasn't getting as much pussy

the only bad thing about the american ost is that bruce took all the credit and did 4% of the work

I honesly only care about the dub or sub thing because of censorship. If they are just the same I'll choose dub, makes the long ride easier. And what's the difference between Z and Z Kai?

Kai cuts it down to ~150 episodes from ~290, without really losing anything important. They cut a few filler arcs but mostly it's just Goku shouting and powering up for 1 episode instead of 5 every time a new bad guy appears. The quality of the dub is vastly improved. Some of the music is changed, but that's a matter of preference.

Again it's an eternal debate, there is no objectively best version, watch the first few episodes of each (after Dragonball, of course) and see which you prefer. I watched Z as a kid and Kai when I rewatched as an adult, and IMO Kai is the better version to watch today.

Thanks for the information.

Literally the best Kamehameha in the series.
youtube.com/watch?v=vdQLaHEpx9w