With how well recieved Japanese voice acting seems to be compared to English voice acting in the Media...

With how well recieved Japanese voice acting seems to be compared to English voice acting in the Media, how would you feel if the Japanese voice acting industry replaced the English voice acting industry entirley (such as voice work in western cartoons)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4X4Fy8YqysY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love it in Anime where it belongs.

But hell will freeze over before I let that Logographic, 3 ways of writing, honorific ridden, onyomi kunyomi, lack of sounds for an alphabetic, double consonant having language take over English animation.

Especially when the dumpster fire of 5,000 kanji compared to a beautiful 26 letters becomes a requirement just to watch Bob's Burgers.

No.
To each its own.

And I dislike english dubbing/voices or how it sounds in general.

I'm so tired of this seiyuu meme. The japs could literally speak in the most retarded voice alive with a stutter trying to represent Alucard or some shit and some of you would still say it's better than dub.

Dub > Sub. No bait. I hate the Japanese language with a passion.

Let's just add the additional accusation of "you can't understand what they're saying so you cannot judge them fairly" for good measure too eh?

Japanese voice acting does a great job with Anime.

Most english voicing for anime sounds like a cartoon. It rarely ever captures the essence of the characters, with some notable exceptions and plenty of subjectivity.

I have yet to find an anime with poor japanese voice acting. Admittedly, I don't know the language, but I do pay attention to it, and just generally see a lot of effort and attention to detail in almost all of their work.

>king of the hill in jap

Japanese could never translate "Dammit Bobby!" Or Boomhauer speech as good as English does I feel.

A Japanese Boomhauer is something that my mind can't comprehend.

Having Japanese dubs of originally English animations tend to be... rather poor. The spoken Japanese language is in general much more round-about and when translated literally to English it tends to be redundant for the sake of being redundant. Subs and dubs often cut off a lot of redundancy in their language as a result. For an example of why the Japanese dubs won't always just be superior to the original English version I could just point at the RWBY Japanese dub, RWBY has some fast talking characters and when they dub it, they are literal machine guns, and these aren't silly machine gun segments, it's how the character talks and they translated it all literally. Even the normal conversations are spoken WAY faster than you would normally see in anime.

Japanese would probably be passive aggressive and just shy away from all the of the mumbling and probably weird way of being honorific with his speech patterns that make him.

>literal machine guns
youtube.com/watch?v=4X4Fy8YqysY

It's not about Japanese voice acting, or Japanese voice actors or even about the Japanese language you idiot.
It's about it being the original, director-approved voice-over.
I'm not a native English speaker. I started getting good at it when I was about 16 because I noticed way too many pronunciation&translation mistakes in movies and books that I was reading, which forced me to go for the originals. If a movie is French, I'll watch the French version. I'll need subtitles because my French skills are beyond bad. But I fucking hate the lazy voice-overs that other people like just gobble up.
Directors have a vision. An idea of how something should sound and what emotions a statement should carry. Dub voice actors are often not even aware of the context of whatever they are reading out.

That isn't true at all. I constantly hear bad voice actors. A lot of the dialogue is very typical and sounds almost nothing like someone actually talking Japanese. The thing is - while dub actors are almost always trash - there's a lot excellent Jap VAs, and they always tend to be far better at actually having emotion.

Sub > Dub - altering a script and putting a voice over it will always perform poorly. It doesn't matter what language it is.

There's a reason why actors from other western cartoons are much better than dub actors.

Hey moron, all I did was ask people's opinions since the majority of people I see prefer Japanese voice acting in general (such as some comments on Youtube). I'm not bashing anyone, I just asked a question.

>I just asked a question.
You made a silly assumption. That's what the "idiot" was about.
>the majority of people I see prefer Japanese voice acting in general
I really really doubt that the majority of the people you know uses the Japanese voice tracks for Hollywood movies.

Yes, because making a "silly assumption" is worthy of being insulted. And I only asked the question because when I looked up a few Japanese sins of cartoons such as Rick and Morty, most comments were saying that they prefer the Japanese voices and asked where they could find the Japanese soundtracks subbed (yet they keep on bashing English dubs and calling English dub watchers lazy). They also claimed that the Japanese voice acting industry is the best one there is and that the Japanese voice actors always put passion and hard work into their roles which is why Japanese dubs are better than English (as if English voice actors including dub vas'sad's could never put hard work into their roles).

Good thing the dub neglects to get voice ACTORs and just gets some fucker of the street and even lets them rewrite dialogue.

>Yes, because making a "silly assumption" is worthy of being insulted.
Is this your first day on Sup Forums?

Western cartoons are shit, it would be such a waste of funds.

If it weren't for western cartoons, Anime wouldn't even exist.

Things that were originally japanese and dubbed to English are bad. Things that were originally english and dubbed to japanese are also bad.

Didn't know that insulting someone some stupid reason is perfectly normal. If that's the case, why is one of the Sup Forums rules not to give uncalled for insults?

*va's

There is no such rule, newfag.

How's your first day on Sup Forums pal?

Fuck you faggot. Gtfo and never return. Go watch American cartoons instead you fuckin pleb.

Yes there is, genius. It's global rule 3 And this isn't even my first day.
More like my last day. I'm sick of all these pathetic idiots and their vile behaviour just because "it's Sup Forums". You can all act like a bunch of insulting imbeciles for no reason and act like it's perfectly normal because "it's Sup Forums". And if people don't like it, they're "newfags" or some idiotic name. Good riddance to you and this shittyy ass site

Same here. For example manga translations in my country are a pure garbage. They are changing every fuckin joke to local one they are erasing all Japanese sounds and redrawing many panels, they are changing names, nicknames, they are doing a full culture washout, of course they aren't using honorifics. Fansub scene in my country is even more cancerous. I was literally forced to read everything in English (and then I started learning Japanese). But hey, dubfags are too stupid to understand it. All what they care is mindless watching something which is totally different than original media. They are brainwashed.

Only Murican pleb can say something that dumb like this. Eat your burgers.

>It's global rule 3
No. Global 3 says I can't use racist slurs or memes to insult you. Describing you as a troglodyte with diarrhea is neither. I'd tell you to lurk more until you understand the rules, but quite frankly I am glad that you are leaving.

If you take every insult to heart, you're going to have a bad time in everywhere. You're supposed to gloss over "rude" words and address the actual content of the post--not get butthurt. Also rule 3 is, basically, keeping Sup Forums in Sup Forums. So you have no ground to stand on there. Just go back to your shithole, fag. We have enough retards as it is.

Where are you from, user-kun?

Hotdogs are better.

Danish hotdogs are best.

Sweet jesus I need one now. It's the best of both worlds.

ok goodbye

Good bye dipshits. I guess all of you retarded butchers are enough to stink up this site. Enjoy your shithole of a website you buttfuckibg retarded pieces of shit and acting like you own the rules of this this site. Good riddance you retarded fucking idiots. Peace. :)

And I'm glad I never have to deal with your retarded as again acting as if you own the place bitch. Good riddance.
So I guess fucktards like you are enough to fill this shithole of site. Bye dickhead. ;)

Good riddance to all of you fucking Sup Forums dwellers. Have fun being a bunch of dick sucking, ugly add mother fuckers while I enjoy my freedom of all you fuckheads and this prison of a site. :)

See you never again. And Fuck you all. :) and if any of you retarded replied, I wouldn't care to check since I would be gone, dipshits. Have a horrible day. :)

If any of you fucktards try to reply, just know that I won't see them because I would be gone of this shitty website. Duck you all and go sick a giant sick you assclown. Hope you dickheads have a terrible day. :)

This represents you and your families you worthless Sup Forums retards. Just a parting gift so all of you Sup Forums fucktards can take a big look at your selves and your pathetic ass existence in this dumpster of a website. But remember, it's ok for me to insult to ducking idiots because "it's Sup Forums". Fuck You all for the last time and good riddance. :) (and like I said before, you bitches try to disrespect me in anyway I won't be around to see it because I won't be part of this bullshit site anymore. Sucks to be you right now, you human shit piles)

This represents you and your families you worthless Sup Forums retards. Just a parting gift so all of you Sup Forums fucktards can take a big look at your selves and your pathetic ass existence in this dumpster of a website. But remember, it's ok for me to insult to ducking idiots because "it's Sup Forums". Fuck You all for the last time and good riddance. :) (and like I said before, you bitches try to disrespect me in anyway I won't be around to see it because I won't be part of this bullshit site anymore. Sucks to be you right now, you human shit piles)

Same in Poland.

>how would you feel if the Japanese voice acting industry replaced the English voice acting industry entirley
I'd feel bad
Japs aren't good at voicing something that needs to be realistic and subtle. They tend to overact a lot.

Do you actually know the language and watch eleven 3DPD dubs or are you just talking out of your ass?

I know enough japanese to read something like BradyonVeda without help
No, I haven't watched anything western with japanese dub, but I've watched plenty of japanese movies and TV shows, and western actors easily beat modern japs when it comes to realistic and natural acting. A shame because Japan used to make kino back in the times, now it's just trashy anime live actions and doramas 90% of the time