Looks like Kyoani peaked in 2007

Looks like Kyoani peaked in 2007.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jsNoor0ESM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll say that Lucky Star peaked in 2007.

Looking back on Lucky Star I can definitely see why I disliked it. To think this was what KyoAni had to follow up from Haruhi and how abysmal it looks.

Speaks volumes it was littered with references to Haruhi as well.

Lucky Star looks better than Haruhi.

I'd say they peaked in 2009/2011, with K-On S2, the K-On movie, Disappearance, Nichijou and Hyouka. Best three years in anime history.

Haruhi movie was the best thing they made

They peaked with Nichijou. Everything since has been the same shit, aside from Dragon Maid.

youtube.com/watch?v=jsNoor0ESM4

It peaked in 2018.

This, Nichijou was a masterpiece.
A shame that it wasn't received well

Nah, it was 2011 pic unrelated.

It was basically a Kadokawa commercial. I seriously wonder if it was part of the reason Kyoani decided to go independent. (Whether or not you like nu-Kyoani, I can't really say I blame them.)

Two out of these four seiyuus definitely peaked in 2007, and Aya Endo peaked only a year later. Same with the rest of the cast.

I want a Lucky Star movie directed by Yamada with the same production value as KnK.

Yamakan is directing a movie due out next year. (Unfortunately people will probably be calling a Your Name ripoff when they first see the trailer.)

2006/2007 had LS, Haruhi and Clannad. You can't top that in hype nor popularity.

when did they give up SoL and start adapting shitty light novels?

I'd say 2010~11. The industry as a whole was producing really good shows back then too.

When everyone and their dogs started making SoL.
I'd rather they make shitty shows than the same show every time.

Lucky Star is literally the worst way to adopt yonkoma. They literally put 4 panels on a screen with voices. Thankfully it was thier last adaptation in this style.

They started going downhill when they began adapting their LNs and messing around with them. Hopefully VEG will be good, though.

OFFICIAL AND OBJECTIVE KYOANIME FRANCHISE POWER RANKINGS (THANK YOU BASED KYOANI)

1. K-On
2. Nichijou
3. Koe no Katachi
4. Haruhi
5. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
6. Hibike! Euphonium
7. Clannad
8. Hyouka
9. Chuunibyou
10. Tamako Market
11. Amagi Brilliant Park
12. Kanon
13. Air
14. FMP

9001. Lucky Star
90001. Phantom World
900001. Free
9000001. Munto

>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

Reference humor is the lowest form of humor; below even fart jokes. Lucky Star a shit.

1. Koe no Katachi
2. K-On
3. Hyouka
4. Nichijou
5. Tamako
6. Hibike
7. Haruhi
8. Amagi
9. Maidragon
10. FMP
11. Lucky Star
12. Chunibyo
13. Free
14. Kyoukai no Kanata
15. Clannad
16. Phantom World

Which Saber version is that?

>Lucky Star was 10 years ago
What have I done with my life?

These things always get me. It's like a fucking nightmare.

Kyoani truly killed themselves when they adapted fujoshit 2bh

>2 nukes
>no enough

Given that Haruhi aged poorly and started the LNshit fad and that Clannad is bad, yes you can. K-On!! and Nichijou are masterpieces.

What I said:
>You can't top that in hype nor popularity
What you said:
>Haruhi aged poorly
>Clannad is bad

Great argument, m8. Glad you stayed on topic.

>they peaked in 2006/7 because Haruhi and Clannad were more popular/"hype"
>instead of 2010/11 when their content was superior

Also, I think people don't realize how big K-On was in Japan. I believe it was only surpassed by Bakemonogatari in BD sales?

Kyoani are the greatest anime studio to exist to date.

That's just facts.

Use a fucking webm from a KyoAni show then

>when their content was superior
Stop trying to push your opinion on this.

Nichijou and Hyouka tanked in sales while Clannad and Haruhi are some of the highest-grossing titles in the respective niches. Lucky Start set the trend that would later be perfected by K-ON, and disappearance -while being the best kyoani production to date- wouldn't exist if Haruhi failed in 2006.
KyoAni's peak was when they established themselves as a solid animation studio capable of handling huge franchises and also had a boost of public appreciation and popularity, that happened in 2007. Milking existing franchises isn't an achievement for the studio, rather a accomplishment for the franchise.
You say people don't realize how big K-ON was. I'm afraid you don't realize how big 2006/7 was for anime.

>Hyouka tanked in sales
You're supposed to put the bait at the end.

1. Koe no Katachi
1. K-On!
1.5 Tamako Market/Love Story
4. Lucky Star
5. Hyouka
6. Haruhi
7. Euphonium
8. the rest
9. Keyshit

It literally lost for chuu2

Hyouka didn't "tank", it was just vastly outsold by Chuunibyou (which I still don't get why it was so popular; according to MAL it's the 4th most popular show from KyoAni after Clannad/AS/Haruhi 2006)

Lucky Star got seriously close to overthrowing Love Hina as the most cancerous anime ever created.

There's been so much worse though, Umaru etc.

ITT: 2000 babies

>nothing in our lifetime will ever beat the masterpiece SoL known as K-On

It hurts.

Really pointless to compare the two. Chuu2 is KyoAni's property and Hyouka isn't.

Umaro was dead within months outside of that forced meme, Lucky Star persisted for years.

But Love Hina only stayed for years cuz of shoutcast.

Didn't prevent it from spreading like the plague all over the world and set the popularity for the worst anime genre to ever plague this media.

>Thinking to myself "Maybe I should give K-ON another chance?"
>Another part of my brain screams at me "finish those other series you downloaded first, you fucking faggot"
You don't know pain.

Wew

These gents get it. Nichijou received a blessing of an adaptation treatment when the order of the parts are changed to construct a small plot-flow for Nano (from being full-time Hakase's caretaker to school student halfway) along with an amazing original finale written by Arawa Keiichi himself. Plus, the addition of Helvetica Standard along with the original skits like Like Love were just really good and true to the style.

Nichijou is definitely Kyoani's magnum opus.

>unironically rating Dragon-maid above Hibike

>Emiri Kato never smiled at that time
That's sad