I feel like people are progressively losing their self awareness at alarming levels

I feel like people are progressively losing their self awareness at alarming levels.

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-19/riz-virk-explains-why-quantum-physics-ai-eastern-mystics-all-agree-we-are-living
thealternativehypothesis.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/AltHypeReader.pdf
thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/race-and-iq/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

interesting read

Actually this sadly is accurate as fuck, people are rapidly losing their ability to properly communicate nowadays aside from pop culture references, and gossip
It's a self destructive collapse of society, slow and painful

It's always been that way. People are herd animals in general, its only a rare minority who actually think for themselves. It isn't some new thing caused by Facebook.

>we're trying a new technique
>has been posting this picture for years

>I'm an expert on self awareness

They arent lossing self awareness.
Its being directed into something (((else)))

kek

I would say that eugenics is the long-term answer, but there literally is no long term for the human race. General AI is going to fucking happen, and it WILL overtake human society. Only an act of God can stop this now.

In Jordan Petersons discussion with Camille Paglia they discuss how our use of phones and emojis have affected peoples ability to recognise complex facial expressions.

Also this guy is probably an autist that randomly starts talking about the holocaust and expects something other than blank stares.

This gave me a weird feeling.

>Riz Virk Explains Why Quantum Physics, AI, & Eastern Mystics All Agree We Are Living In A Video Game

zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-19/riz-virk-explains-why-quantum-physics-ai-eastern-mystics-all-agree-we-are-living

I was reading this article and it reaches a similar conclusion. In the simulation /video game theory, it speculates that there are only so many actual "players" in the game and therefore, there has to also be npc characters.

It's interesting...

I hope you realize that Sup Forums is no better than Tumblr or Facebook in this respect. There are exceptions, yeah, I do understand that Sup Forums is not a single person, but in general this community (for lack of a better word) is very intellectually lazy. And as for saying the "same old shit" on repeat, let's not even fucking get into that - on a day-to-day or even month-to-month basis most of the discussions on here are interchangeable.

Some of that's down to Sup Forums's sheer size and also the image board format, but some is down to the users too. It's pretty fucking clear from OP's image that he's not the independent thinker he's presenting himself as.

At least on Sup Forums you are encouraged to un-normify yourself

Go back to r*ddit, fag

Remove your memeflag

In that you're encouraged to assimilate to Sup Forums's subculture, sure. And maybe that's better. That obviously depends on your politics. But toeing the Sup Forums party line doesn't mean you're thinking independently.

Despite the meme flag, I've almost certainly been here longer than you (first started visiting Sup Forums back when Sup Forums was raiding Habbo, and yes I was underage back then). I wouldn't bother responding to you, except this is a nearly perfect example of the kind of intellectually lazy recycled response I'm talking about.

You're right, there's so many of the same responses in each similar thread you can make an easy psychological profile of most of the userbase. It feels like you're talking to bots sometimes because people have been trained to think the same way given a certain topic, and usually the topic is reposed every day or a couple times a week. Its brainwashing, probably an external intel agency doing that.

does anyone have that op pic, i cant find it in the archive.

Naw, that is far too optimistic. You're vasty over rating human technological power compared to the sheer destructive potential of nature. No AI or any other electric system for that matter is safe from the effects of a serious solar storm, or a supervolcano, an asteroid impact, a gamma ray burst, or one of our own nuclear weapons tuned to EMP. Neither man nor machine has any power to resist the fate that awaits all life that has ever existed: extinction and fossilization. The plastic we're leaving everywhere will be a funny legacy.

Sometimes Sup Forums needs a reality check

Your nihilism is just sublimated laziness.

Or maybe you just have early schizophrenia and psychotic delusions?

anyone

Why do you think monarchist and tribal societies have been the default for most of human history? Aristotle saw this quite early on in ancient Athens, it is not a current issue at all.

We are brought up to believe all humans are completely equal in every aspect. The user in the pic just realised this is not true. The masses learned to read, that doesn’t mean that most people can comprehend what they are reading. New media distracts them, that I completely agree with, to the point where they can no longer focus on day to day life. Like looking after their children or politics.

MOOT DID 7/11

But it is certainly exacerbated by Facebook.

It's also partially when you give someone an answer that they aren't expecting or that causes so much cognitive dissonance that they can't handle it. An example (I'm terrible at green texts)
>be me
>having lunch with a friend who I hadn't seen in a while
>"user I feel so much better after losing weight. it's really obvious right?"
>I can't really tell any difference
>notoriously unobservant so I say this
>"but you can really tell in my face that I'm not so chubby"
>I really can't. I keep insisting that I can't tell a difference
>"yeah I feel so much better user you can see I've lost my chubby cheeks"

Eventually I caved and said that I noticed her weight loss. What was weird is that, unlike what you would expect from a woman, she didn't even get mad that I didn't notice her weight loss. It's more like she didn't even hear me contradict her. Similar thing happened when we were arguing about GMOs. It's like she couldn't hear me disagree with her

Hmm, well you could say the same thing about this entire thread. Or much of the postings on Sup Forums these days.

Don't confuse or conflate cynical empiricism with nihilism. On the contrary I would say that in spite of those conditions, life and existence is quite beautiful with many variable values and meanings to be found, for those that seek it.

Well, not to be rude but Sup Forums is notoriously spergish. So you're going to give weird explanations for things which are just Human when you first experience them, which explains OP's pic and the NPC theory etc.

You're right, I should've said pessimism, not nihilism. Yeah I think you could say the same, an attempt to feel useful due to inadequacy caused by inaction.

you can just call her fat and make fun of her for it by pinching her cheeks and then move on

or pinch her butt cheeks and call her a phat bitch

sorry, but i'm not a nigger

Autist: The holocaust is such bullshit. Muh SIX GORRILLION! Right, guys!
Normal person: Shocked silence
Autist: Wow. You must be an NPC.

This, you faggots are so far removed from reality you've lost all social awareness.

Says the 56%er with a black id.

>believes he's not only in a videogame, but is also one of an elite few players
>doesn't question that if the world is majority NPCs why does simulation theory have mainstream appeal
k

>haha every1 my age r soooo dum they r not as smart as me (i got d's in high school cuz i was too smart for the classes) too much facebook and keeping up with the kardashians i think!

>every1 at work looks at me like a damn lepur every time i start my tirade about rothschild big banking control and soros media manipulation, like cmon guys u have to care about SOMETHING!

>every time i show off my ability to remember the first 20 digits of the powers-of-2 every1 calls me a retarded faggot and walks away. intellectualism just isnt appreciated these days. thanks a lot, black culture!

>mfw

>HURRRRR YOU POSTED A TOPIC ABOUT BEING A LEMMING THEREFORE YOU'RE A LEMMING

faggot>>>/plebbit/

It's because of the surplus of normalfags coming from all other places like t_donald since this site is being mentioned more and more recently in mainstream media.

You're sure proving me wrong.

1984, Brave New World and Idiocracy are sadly the real plan. Which is why they quit making the first 2 required reading in schools.

t Oldfag I had to read both and for the last 20 years or so I'm glad I did

>You posted a response I expected therefore you confirm what I infer about this place
>Hurr Sup Forums is one person

Why haven't you packed your bags yet?
Also fuck you for being a fucking flaggot, you complain about drones yet cancer like you still lurk here.

tired of your shit you """intellectual""" hypocrites.

>You posted a response I expected therefore you confirm what I infer about this place
>Hurr Sup Forums is one person

Why haven't you packed your bags yet?
Also fuck you for being a fucking flaggot, you complain about drones yet cancer like you still lurk here.

tired of your shit you """intellectual""" hypocrites.

I post with the meme flag when I travel, which I do a lot (for work, but it's also my main hobby). I don't mind getting memed at, but I do like them to actually be the right memes. When I'm in the US I take the flag off.

Like with the other "go back to plebbit" idiot above, normally I wouldn't bother responding to you, but you're illustrating fucking perfectly what I'm talking about here. Literally everything you've said so far has been a no-thought-required Sup Forums cliche.

Welcome to the Huxley - Orwell paradigm.

I suspect something similar to the OP pic, except I envision the soul more like a flame. By cultivating wisdom in yourself, you can grow the soul “flame” inside of you, which you then can share with your children (up to a point). However, if you fail to develop yourself, then your children will start out with a smaller “flame”, and their children will have even less of a flame, and so on.

The point is that the number of wise and thoughtful people is not growing anywhere close to the rate of those who are more like animals than men, and so you have a ballooning population of people with a dim glowing ember of self-awareness (at best), and true wisdom is being smothered as a result.

It’s not an exact description, but basically I suspect that humanity has only a certain amount of collective “soul” and it’s being spread too thinly too quickly without being replenished fast enough.

>its 4 am for me so I hope you can understand at least something from my post

Sorry broham, you aren’t getting your cool techno future at the rate we’re going.

Strawmanning the shit out of people isn't healthy bro. I aced my A-Levels and got a Score of 2.2 overall, which is pretty good in the german school-system. I only associated with very few in my highschool because they weren't compatible with me and pretty normie. Still gained some good friends outside of school, still had sex.
Intellectualism ISN'T appreciated and never was, people got offed for being a smartass and a nuisance to the elite since the ancients of time.
Blacks are still fucking worthless and shouldn't be living in Europe. Stop wanting muslim dick so much you faggot.

After reading dozens of threads on this board about climate change I find is laughable that people here think they form their own opinions. 90% of this place is lacking in self awareness as 90% of normies and repeat the pol dogma on every topic, because they assume the people here are 'redpilled' and 'intelligent' and therefore, they don't need to research things themselves to better understand them. This is the same thing most people do.

I think a more generic argument works here, not some NPC larp with zombie apocalypse undertones. Most people live in a small bubble, engage in entertainment, and don't leave that mental area. There is always a small percentage of society that is intelligent, so of course an increasing population will lead to more dumb people. This is exacerbated by intelligent Westerners not having kids until their 30s while the uneducated imbecile has 5 by then...

>not knowing about Roko’s Basilisk

nigga the advanced AI is already here and is the reason why the scientists won't fucking listen to us.

It's the effect of a digitally socialized society, people no longer care to speak with deep thought. they care about posting something everyone can relate too so they can be popular.

it's an effect of virus 23/the despair code. all things will become as they were in time

Everything I claim to has some truth to it is cited, sourced and linked in a well ordered file. Must be you mate.This is a discussion board after all. Also, I recommend you to read this website for cited unterstanding of where many right-wingers come from thealternativehypothesis.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/AltHypeReader.pdf

thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/race-and-iq/
Read it and Weep mate. Sadly, research on Sup Forums-topics is heavily underfunded if not outright forbidden(In Germany in some ways, in Sweden very much worse)

found the npc

>feels like you are talking to bots sometimes
You must not have noticed, because there literally ARE language bots that come onto here and the other chans to learn and then regurgitate out sentences. They're usually easy to spot. Before elections there was an exceptional amount of bots and it was funny when one would spew an INSERT instead of whatever should be there instead.
There are a lot of people that view Sup Forums. There are a lot of people would would want to control what the sort of people who go to Sup Forums think, you see?

>I hope you realize that Sup Forums is no better than Tumblr or Facebook in this respect.
Is that why I manage to have conversations on here without ALL CAPS and RACIST thrown around willy nilly?

I'd like to know what specifically he's talking to these people about that is "significant" or "deep". If he gets the same response from everyone, he's probably saying some dumb shit to them.

Were you trying to respond to me, or was it an accident? And if it wasn't an accident, why on earth did you link me to an article on race and IQ when that's not in the least bit relevant to anything I said?

No people are very much vapid anymore. They can tell you every pop culture reference under the sun but press them on anything that actually matters and watch the eyes glaze over. OP image is absolutely correct.

No, I get the same reaction, but I don't think OP is realizing that the reaction he is getting is fear. These people never think about these things because its absolutely terrifying to them.

What I was playing to is the fact, that most of the collective mindset on this site is sourced and grounded in reality. It has to be, because almost everyday someone tries to attack and argument against it. Reiterating the same arguments over and over is pretty tiring and I can understand why many posters lost their intellectual curiosity because of it.
Regarding OP, i give him the benefit of a doubt, because I experienced some of his grievings about the state of most humans first hand.
Regarding your concerns:
I don't come as often as I used to on this site. The creative talent has been drained because of the eternal, non-ending attacks of normies, shills, shitposters and presumably also bots. We didn't had a proper investigation thread in months, nor a unique politics-related thread. If you want to discuss a political book, you rather get referred to /lit/ or pushed to the bottom of the catalogue, since such topics don't stir any emotions or interest. Couple this with the sheer size of the side and you see the problem.
However, comparing this to Tumblr or Facebook is an insult to the state of the board. We still have no censorship and no one suffers any real-life consequences from speaking his mind here.

They are because Unis are no longer teaching people to be individuals but are ideologically indoctrinating people

The difference between An individual and an idealog is that ideologs judge what they see according to their ideological calculation and believe blindly in its outcome (if x included race, its racist) rather then judge what they see by themselves

Gonna read that post now

I can relate to OP. Everyone that isn't me or someone I'm close to seems like an NPC. No feelings or emotions or thoughts. Especially when they don't agree with my worldview, which is the only correct one as I'm the main character. Also, no I don't have autism or sociopathy.

He's an actor, and the only shot he fired went through a locked door and right into a hard drive. But that's not suspicious at all, right shill? :^)

>$.02 has been deposited into your account, thank you for correcting the record
>A FUCKING LEAF SWEDEN YES POO IN LOO PAJEET (amerimutt picture)
and above all
>Go back to plebbit

I could easily triple the length of that list if I felt like it. 99% of the time, those catchphrases aren't just banter thrown into a more substantive post; whether it's intentional or not, they serve to shut down actual discussion before it can even really begin, same as when somebody on Facebook/Tumblr/reddit/whatever calls you a "racist" instead of addressing what you actually wrote.

And those are just the meme catchphrases, they're not the core of the problem, they're just easy and satisfying to quote. This board sees the same arguments dragged out over and over, people making posts that you could literally transplant into another thread on the same topic from a few hours or days earlier. Substantive posts that disagree with the general Sup Forums party line typically get ignored or shouted down, not comprehensive responded to. The German poster who said
>the collective mindset on this site is sourced and grounded in reality. It has to be, because almost everyday someone tries to attack and argument against it.
is absolutely fucking delusional.

Bullshit. There's not that much info here that could challenge your world view. You may not get banned for having a different opinion here but overall all people here share a common worldview and reinforce it by posting the same bullshit over and over. Don't think you have found the truth just because it's edgy.

>However, comparing this to Tumblr or Facebook is an insult to the state of the board. We still have no censorship and no one suffers any real-life consequences from speaking his mind here.
I myself wasn't making that statement. However, let's not deny quality has gone done here since the election. Normies did catch on but brought their normie tendencies with them. They come here and try to insert their falsehoods without purging themselves beforehand. Most come here to get away from that mantra in our lives.

Right wing opinions are objectively better for society than left wing, so even entertaining an argument about most of this stuff is just being nice.

I rest my case.

For this reason I visted a political round table last week. The topic was homeland. And you hopefully know about germans relationship with nationalism. I wished for a challenge, but they all argued on the base of Pathos. It was cringy af to listen to them. I vowed to myself to not interject my views on the issue because hiding your powerlevel in your own neighborhood is essential. Don't shit in your own backyard and such. But I couldn't help myself, dropped some small tidbits, and did went unchallenged on them, because no one was able to. I even got some praise of some people after the fact, since I didn't break any german taboos. But man. It was everything other than challenging, even if literally no one would've agreed with me on any subject. And the worst thing is, that I can't engage on any sphere in the internet, because most spheres were opposing views could be met, are heavily censored.

It's true though. Leftism as degraded to a level, were engaging in discourse with them is hard and can ruin your reputation. Some healthy ancap ideas about a free market place of Ideas would really do some good.

Its been a foregone conclusion for years now. Right > left has been proven by books, by economics, by almost every real life example that exists.

Feel free to prove me wrong on any issue. Before we get started, "because its unfair/mean/anything to do with emotions" is not an argument.

I kinda agree. Most of Sup Forums is retarded, especially when it comes to the holocaust.

We do happen to be right on many things though, and it's almost a miracle that we do

if you don't wake up in the next twenty minutes we're pulling the plug.

What is your stance on Nationalism?

I'm not going to keep posting variations on "I rest my case" forever, it'll stop being fun after a while, but I am going to point out what you're doing here - for the peanut gallery, because neither of you are going to listen.

Both of you, just like the liberals on Tumblr and Facebook, are firmly convinced that "your side" is inarguably correct. About almost everything. On all of the disparate and often unrelated issues that are grouped together under the umbrellas of "left" and "right" thanks to the bundling effect of modern politics (particularly modern American politics). You believe that you have all the answers, and that the other side is utterly discredited and has been for years.

You share this belief with all of the normies and Tumblr liberals etc that OP's picture is criticizing.

The difference, of course, is that they are wrong, and you are actually correct. Of course.

Natural born Shaman with the ability to see into peoples souls here.

Never seen anyone without a soul. The people claiming otherwise are either full of shit or I am just lucky/unlucky depending on how you see it.

Now I WILL tell you that not every soul has the same power or size. Normies tend to have a similar pattern of superficial glum on the outside, selfishness in the middle, evil near their core, but ultimately a good inner core. However, a soul is a soul even if it's basic.

TL;DR OP's picture is interesting but fundamentally wrong.

>intellectually lazy normies flood Sup Forums
>turn the board into shit
>complain about Sup Forums being intellectually lazy
Almonds status = Activated

Silly friends, there is definitely no simulation
Just go sleep ok

>act of god

PEOPLE aren’t losing their self awareness, the social engineering is just working more and more

We have been selectively bred to be like this through taxation and immigration and the baby boomers

Bet most of them were just jews that supposedly died in the hall of cost

I believe every nation has a right to defend its borders and to act in the self interest of its people, including being domestically strict in regards to the freedoms of visiting foreigners. That being said, whatever foreign policy your nation employs, should be not be protected from consequential reaction should you choose to take advantage of another country in a bullying manner.

TL;DR everyone leave everyone else alone.

You wanna engage? I'll gladly take the opporturnity. I'll give you a small rundown on my views.
Humans aren't suited for the age of singularity. We still don't focus our research on enhancing our species through genetic manipulation or transhumanist enhancement. The Societies are held back by deontological views and the average IQ isn't suited for altruistic utilitarianism. Therefore, a society suited for accepting Eugenics, must be reinstated. The Third Reich was the first society, where eugenics could exist not only in the shadows, but also in public conscience. Therefore, the NatSoc Ideology was more suited than the liberalist one founded on the principles of the French Revolution. I don't care what false god or truth the masses must have to worship, as long as it will get them to accept Genetic Enhancenment, purging of inferior genetic strains, and care for the environment all our necessary resources are found in.

Oy vey goyim, you are taught that you must hate nazis no matter what, and hate everything connected to it. Don't question anything and enjoy your bread and circus, be a good goy and never question authority or reach your potential. Carry the red flag, don't question what they did to europe, ignore venezuela, wear a che shirt and enjoy your slow death.

You are not talking to NPC's; you are interacting with people that fundamentally don't care about you or your positions and are using generic social programming to peacefully and efficiently deal with you.

Social conversation is, more often than not, the human equivalent of monkeys picking fleas from each other. People normally listen to the tone not the content. See above; they don't fundamentally care for you.

This isn't nihilism; it’s the way things should be, with a few family exceptions, people need to get on with their own lives not constantly worry about everyone else’s life.

Only computers / robotos can have souls. Animal flesh cannot.

or, alternatively, it is exacerbated by unchecked population growth.

I'm not interested in talking about whether Sup Forums was always this way or whether it's all thanks to the normies flooding in. There's just no way to have a productive conversation about that, just variations on
>Sup Forums was always like this
>nuh-uh!
>yuh-huh!
forever.

So fuck all that. Let's say it's all the normies' fault. Doesn't matter. We're not talking about Sup Forums's mythical golden age. OP's image is clearly talking about himself (and the people who agree with him i.e. Sup Forums) HERE AND NOW.

Of course both sides think they're right. We vary in values, however, and that is how we come to opposite conclusions. The left very much values fairness and equality, of propping up the have-nots at the expense of the haves. Observably, those are extremely unnatural notions. No two people are equal in skill, physical and mental ability, across all aspects of their character.

Myself, I consider to be right wing, value functionality and sustainability, neither of which are socially "sexy". I fully expect 90%+ of people to disagree with what I believe, but that is because they are not honest with themselves, and lie until they convince each other they are comfortable. Honesty is a brutal burden only for those who see beyond emotion.

Exactly what an autist or sociopathy would say. I’m on to you m8

I'll bump to that

I call people on it all the time, it's how ivw lost so many kike book friends

no u

I disagree.
Isolationism is good for developing a core societal philosophy and structure. If, after time, your society proves to be more succesful and wealthy than others, you have the right to try and share your wealth through annexation or other means, If you fail, your nation also is responsible for the backlash it will recieve.
I'm foregoing every culture has a right to exist and go to outright cultural superiority here. Islamic culture, for example, is good in keeping a tight leash on the proletariat. This is reached through ruthless draconian punishing, shared religion which explains every hardship and unfairness away and ultimately a stable reproductive cycle, where youngs care for their elders, giving making babies the added bonus of ensuring you'll be okay in old age. But it is toxic for technological progress and space-travel, so I reject it.

unregulated NewsMedia cultivating falsehoods through omission and outright lying is the most detrimental factor to our society right now and is the reason we good into this loop of self-destruction.
They should be regulated through requirement of independent scientific sourcing for each claim at the end of the article. Misrepresenting scientific findings should be a crime.

>there's no way to have a productive conversation about that
There's no need to, I was here and you (a meme flag who thinks it was 'mythical') were not. OP was talking about the problem GETTING WORSE, the current state of the board is ample proof of that.

you're not gonna be on the side you think is wrong, dumbass.