230MB per 720p episode

>230MB per 720p episode
>still looks like shit

just fucking how?

> downloading 20min 720p that is compressed below 500MB

Talk about being retarded..

>how?
you see, videos can be encoded(compressed) in different ways(codecs), that together with the amount of data per second of video determine the final quality.
try to remember when many years ago you could fit a whole movie on a CD(about 700MB) - that was low resolution and looked bad, and now in 700MB you can fit a 720p movie that looks decent enough
there are a lot of parameters that determine the final quality though, all related to the amount of data per second of video, and choosing them inappropriately can lead to very heavy but still low quality videos

so basically you downloaded a video that was poorly encoded(compressed)
next time find a better encoding, maybe search for 10bit and h265/HEVC stuff

Find better rips and buy more storage, poorfag.

Listen to this guy, he's smart.

>downloaded some shit
>it's 27 episodes
>forget what it's about, check MAL
>first and second season both have 12 episodes
>there's no indication that the 3 remaining are ovas or anything else
>they're all labelled exactly the same until episode 27, no distinction between s1 and s2

Shut up, daiz

le bald man strikes again

Stop downloading episodes from KissAnime you fucking reprobate.

>not downloading 50mb per episode downcodes
Shiggy doggy

>download a bunch of anime every season
>procrastinate on watching them because lazy
>disk getting full of unwatched anime
>don't want to delete them because I haven't watched them yet
halp

Here a tip
>fucking watch it

Where should i download then?

bokunopico(dot)jp has good encodes

Pretty sure Toradora was animated at an SD resolution

Is this actually a legit website?

Nyaa

Stop trying to trick OP into downloading malware retard.

Get an extra hard drive then. What's their price nowadays? 50$/TB?

That won't solve the main issue, which is the fact he's not watching the damn anime.

Isnt nyaa dead?.if it isnt then isnt nyaa like invite only?

Maybe the cost of hard drives will motivate him a little if he's a poorfag.

nyaa.si

nyaa.si

Have you been living under a rock for the last few months?

230MB is small for 720p though. You need like 350MB+ at least

Kinda but thanks

>download a 1080p episode wtih 99mb size
>it looks pretty well
I wish all of anime were like that.

>sponsoring cartel shit

Horrible subs has nice quality with something around the 300 mb mark.

HDD sentinel gave my disk 8 more days to live and the SMART data says I have over 400 bad sectors.

1080p 1+GB/episode might not have been as worth it as I thought.

The funny thing with 1080p anime is that most of it is simply upscaled 720p masters and chances are, your own set-up will upscale it the same way, or even better than the company resposible for the 1080p remastering.

>complaining about 400 bad sectors

Unless the anime is made at a weird resolution like 900p or something. Then the 1080p upscaled release will preserve more detail.

>Watching anime before its BD release.

What are you doing with your life user.

>wait months for a small improvement in quality
>miss all the discussion threads
No thanks.

Why would I want to discuss things with a bunch of sweaty nerds. And not all of use own shitty monitors like yours.

Then why are you even here?

Dunno, why is anyone here? I'm not here to discuss philosophy, I am here to talk about the specific heights and weights of imaginary 2D Japanese girl drawings and discus the various things I would do to them around the house on household objects. Why are you here?

>prefering shitty rushed TV releases over polished blu ray releases

There shouldn't even be one. None of my other computers and their drives have any.

The only drive I ever had before this that had bad sectors clicked itself to death.

Stop fucking everything up you stupid Finn.

I download HEVC encodes even if they are reencodes.
I have a two monitors and my second monitor is playing media 24/7 either movies, cartoons or anime.
Right now my playlist is at 1600 files and it's not even 1/6 of my whole library.
HEVC is God's gift.

>HEVC
Literally for what purpose?

Can't you read?

Evidently not, since you didn't state a single good reason for using it.

Sony used a special waifu2x on it.

Beside the fact that HEVC is factually superior?
Let see how are you going to meme you way out of this, even reencodes can be done with relative low loss of quality or not loss at all.
I bet you people who complain about image quality don't even have properly calibrated monitors either.

Daiz, we already told you GO THE FUCK AWAY!

Wrong guy, you paranoid fuck.

HEVC is good only at achieving better quality at a lower bitrate. Do your own research or hell, just google for any examples. You will see no noticeable quality improvement if you're using decent encodes in the first place.

hehe as expected nice try to meme yoru way out of this.

>re-encodes
Enjoy your quality loss.

Shitposting.

Not an argument.
Unless you're getting direct ISO rips you're getting lower quality.

Lets skip all the autism arguing and simply say that even if you do get ISO rips you're still going to get shit content because anime releases are always bad in one way or other (:

>quality loss is not an argument
There is no reason to re-encode x264 to hevc. Might as well stream if you don't care about quality.

No.

Quality posts on Sup Forums? Who wouldve thought

Can he ever be stopped?

I don't specialize in assassination, so idk.

Bad sectors shouldn't happen, but they can. And 400 are not bad at all, just be sure to have backups that's it.

Crunchy rips

why people is not using hevc? is it because the majority of devices owned by people still has no support for it?

>x265
just say no

>Allowing Naruto threads on Sup Forums
I still firmly believe this is his worst crime and we would be better off banning their general.

dont listen to the other user. if you have 1 bad sector then the drive needs to be replaced. transfer all of your files immediately or risk losing them all. do the test again if the number of bad sectors is increasing then stop using the hdd and go get a new one asap

Naruto threads aren't the only ones. Hell, I'd argue DBS and SNK threads are even worse.