How much did you cry? Be honest

How much did you cry? Be honest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rLnxO75bO3E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Soundtrack 6

I admit that some of the songs were quite generic, but it wasn't that forgettable nor bad.

Will get back to you when I watch it this weekend.

Why would I cry? There's nothing really tearjerking in the movie.

Zero, way too soppy

Is it gay if I went to the cinema to watch this with a male friend?

I didn't. It was a sweet story with a happy ending.

Did you dress as Mitsuha for him?

So having no character development gets you 7 for character development? Those are some seriously low standards.

The backgrounds were great but the actual animation was far from 10/10.

N-No.

>no character development
Did we watch the same movie?

Very gay.

>all that effort and frames put into the ritual dancing scene
>it ended up looking like CG rotoscoping

I mean I watched it with my brother and we both came out of the theater sad because we don't have a Mitsuha in our lives.

Feminist here
Would i like this movie?

Probably. The misunderstanding is most likely due to you not knowing what character development is.

>Taki in the beginning is a literal who
>Taki in the end is still a literal who but now jerks off to architecture
>something about Mitsuha's dad being a dick
Give it at least a 2.

None of those things are character development. Also, it's clear that taki is an architecture nerd since the second scene of the movie.

He decides to follow the path of an architect because of the events of the movie, that's development.
And Mitsuha learns to stand up to her father instead of avoiding him, that's development.
I mean overall the characters in this movie were still complete dogshit but to say they didn't develop at all would be wrong. Taki's development in particular was just a footnote in the epilogue.

Not as much as when I see Re:ddit tier threads like this.

>Cry

There is not a single scene where you have to cry. You can see the happy ending 10 minutes into the movie and the "twist" with the meteor was actually pretty weak and the movie would have been better without it.

>the characters in this movie were still complete dogshit
They all gave the same likable vibe as a Hosoda movie, far from dogshit.

Still not cd.
Also,
>decides to follow the path of an architect because of the events of the movie
You mean the events he doesn't even remember?

Shed some happy/frustrated tears in the end.

I can't really say I'm experienced with Hosoda, given how the only movie I've seen of his is The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, but the characterization in that was much better. I didn't even like Girl Who Leapt Through Time but the characterization was at least interesting. Taki and Mitsuha were really generic and dull.

>You mean the events he doesn't even remember?
Its quite clear that the events in the movie affected both the main characters even if they don't remember it.

>art style
who cares
>animation
wew lad
>soundtrack
didn't give a shit about either
>characters
both adequate
>development
where on either?
>story
maladroit for both

what did I/(you) mean by this?

>Hosoda movies
>good characterization

None. It's melodramatic with no substance.

Very pretty though

Unironically yes; Mitsuha has the drive to save the day in the end.

Somewhat related to this, I like how Mitsuha started out running in the stereotypical girly manner, and by the end was running "like a man."

Pen drop destroyed me, but them desperately trying to save the town and the underworld transition scene hit me hard too

I didn't cry. I cried with Your lie in April, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, and when I was a teenager, with stuff like Candy Candy (very popular in Italy during the 80s and 90s).

I watched it with my bros. You fags don't cry in front of your bros do you?

I cried myself to sleep after they left tho.

I didnt cared enough to cry

Only a bit when they meet at the very end of the movie.

No anime will no less some generic highschool movie will make me shed tears ever.

I held it in cause I watched it in a theater of chads and stacys that have to make comments on how "anime is so dumb! *laughs out loud*" every few minutes. I can't listen to Mitsuha's theme without getting the urge to cry though

Wasn't funny enough to make me cry.

Might have got me if I hadn't blown out all my feelings watching this an hour earlier

youtube.com/watch?v=rLnxO75bO3E

stop posting this you gigantic faglord

The movie should have ended when he gets to the village and sees the crater, realizing that everyone died 3 years ago.

And even then it feels stupid, because how could he forget a national disaster so big, even if it happened 3 years ago?

Held back my tears for most of the movie.
Fell apart twice in the end (once when it was revealed she'd saved the townspeople and a second time once it was apparent they found each other again).

The part after the sake drinking was really well animated.

I didn't. I don't have shit taste.

Is this movie like that 5 miles per hour movie?
If so why is everyone praising it so much?
Does everyone like boring things now?

>Re:ddit

>Be honest.
Well alright. No, I did not.

I'm gay, will I enjoy this movie?

Like, I can't relate to straight romance and it just makes me feel like I'm left out. So I guess I won't cry.

Have you enjoyed other Shinkai movies? He does the blandest straight romances around, and this movie is no different

not him but Shinkai is pretty good at subtly conveying simple emotions and atmospheres but with Kimi no Na wa he just goes full balls to the wall and it has absolutely zero subtlety. You could understand the movie completely just by reading the subtitle file.

none at all, i don't consider basic western romanticism without any twists sad

I wanted them to kiss

The film is meh. I forget about it after an hour