youtube.com/watch?v=IR8fn---Ulg
youtube.com/watch?v=05sJHM0cVW8
gwern.net/Death Note Anonymity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I never even watched it.

Why don't you right now?
It's even on Netflix ®, you'll love it.

Fuck off.

I didn't love it but it was entertaining. Like a page turner. I don't think about it since watching it like I do with my favourite shows, but it wasn't bad.

I'd rather not.

I recently rewatched it, and I found it more entertaining than most shows (even western), I've watched lately.
The OST is pretty good too.

Huh.

Never denied it. I even liked the second part.

*sigh*... Yeah, I did.

Emphasis on "did". I don't think it's necessarily shit, but it's like the Fast and the Furious of anime. Basic shit that gets the job done and will entertain you for a few hours. They really knew how to ratchet up tension.

I watched it as it started airing on [AS], and I think that's what helped. Having a week to let anticipation build up when you hadn't seen it before (at this time I had already watched the last half of Eureka Seven online because I didn't want to wait 25 more weeks for it to finish) made it better. Being a dumb teenager didn't hurt either.

>*action*
Consider suicide.

Nobody doesn't like death note. Only contrary faggots pretend they dont

I have. Many times. I'm over that part of my life. I don't see what that has to do with my post though.

>even western
When western tv tries to give you psychological thriller with premise similar to Death note what you get is Sherlock. And it makes decent anime look briliant in comparison.

I stopped watching it when L died.

Whenever I imagine someone who likes Death Note, this mental image comes to mind.
youtube.com/watch?v=IR8fn---Ulg

>*sigh*
Stopped reading right there. End yourself!

Shut the fuck up faggot. No one gives a shit.

Explain why you found it so bad without resourcing to memes.

The curvy girl is actually kinda cute. Maybe I have low standards.

I've never watched it honestly, I just have this preconceived notion of it, and that's my mental image of it's fanbase.

I didn't, fuck off to reddit

Wew, we got a tough guy over here.

I love every part of this show. I love the depiction of an evil psychopath as the protagonist that we can even symphathize with, to some degree. I love how there is no shitty romance subplot forced down our throats. I love the Christian symbolism. I love the OST. I love the consistency of the rules and the plot. I love that this anime shows that the good guy doesn't have to win in the end. I love that there are no cliché over-the-top screaming dumbass characters. I love the art style, which still holds up even today.
Oh yeah by the way, the show ends when L dies. Nothing happens after that.

>curvy
She's obese.

You make a solid point.
I've watched all of Sherlock and it really is very shit if you compare it to something with actual effort put into it.

yes i did and stop comparing it to code geass , CG is far better and more entertaining

>Nothing happens

>Netflix
Fuck off.

>I love that this anime shows that the good guy doesn't have to win in the end. I
The good guy did win though.

I won't speak for whole Sup Forums because I wasn't around here when it aired but I loved it when I watched it, it was babby's first animuh for me

It was 10 fucking years ago. That's the deal with this guaranteed replies thread anyway? The only thing to discuss is the amount of screwing up by the creators who could not decide how to antihero.

nu Sup Forums, lads and gents

I also love Netflix: movies and tv shows you love now on your pc (tm). Dont forget that first month is for free!!!

>!

Mentioning Netflix should be a bannable offense.

>christian symbolism
It's Snyder-tier symbolism. It's put there without much thought behind it.
You can interpret it surely any way you want, but for what reason? The guy just put it in there because he wanted to.

What does that say? the letters are flipped and turned, must be edgy trash if the spelling isn't even right

If kissanime can be mentioned without sperg-replies then why can't Netflix?

Granted that user was being ironic and you still responded seriously.

I did not

>20 years and people are still salty.

>mfw Death Note was my first anime the dub version watched on youtube

I loved the first half of the manga when I was in 8th grade. Never watched the show but when I read the rest of it a few years ago I was very disappointed

No, please don't mention that.

It is really good entry level but after a while you notice its just sort of ok
You have to be over 18 to post here

Ironically doing something is still doing something. I have seen threads be derailed just because someone used a kissanime screenshot even that should be bannable.

autism

BAKA YAROOO

I really liked it but it truly goes to shit after L dies

I really hated it when Sasuke turned gay at the end

Nothing gay about giving your bro a foot rub

Maybe the first 5 volumes, anything else is utter crap.

But he sucks Schierk's dick in the manga and take his spirit gun like a cuck.

I'm not denying it. Though I have mixed feelings about the second half.

youtube.com/watch?v=05sJHM0cVW8
L was my boy, I wish the live action ending with his tactical suicide was the anime one

Didn't he want to fuck Misa?

>utter crap.
Overly strong superlatives are the proof you're a kid with an underdeveloped brain..

I'm a time traveler posting from September. Light is an unbearable faggot, but the rest of the show is good. Lind L. Taylor was black.

I'm still salty over how L died. He had no way to figure out Light's keikaku since it involved magical memory loss and a fucking god that ended up killing him.

Light had a magic notebook that can kill anyone anywhere in the world without leaving any trace, if anything it's a miracle that L managed to narrow it all down to him from 7 billion people in the planet.

Not really, 6\10. I liked the beginning, but it went to shit real fast.

The live action ending where he survives is better, but he did still end up outplaying Light either way.
>He had no way to figure out Light's keikaku
He actually did guess that Light only temporarily relinquished his guise of Kira. The literal cuck of a shinigami was beyond him but L almost certainly operated with the idea that his successor would be able to win should he be killed. The entire episode leading up to his death was him raising his own death flags way in the air too, so I think his ultimate plan was to use his life to get Light back into being Kira.

This is actually a really good break down of how Light fucked up into letting L figure out who he was.

gwern.net/Death Note Anonymity

This is an actual good read.
Thank you user. Amusing and interesting.