Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide...

Atheism is the fastest shrinking religion in the world. Atheism is in decline worldwide, with the number of atheists falling from 4.5% of the world’s population in 1970 to 2.0% in 2010 and projected to drop to 1.8% by 2020,

Real surveys and statistics say atheism is on the decline worldwide. Sorry atheists but atheism is not on the rise nor is it winning. It’s still the minority and a declining one at that.

The Pew Research Center’s statistics show that atheism is expected to continue to decline all the way into 2050 with a continued growth of religion. Other research also shows a huge surge in growth for Christianity in China which is currently the world’s most “atheist” nation because of the atheist communist government suppressing religion, the research suggests that China will soon become the world’s most Christian nation within 15 years.

This is simply history repeating itself: Christianity prospered in Rome back in the ancient era when it was suppressed and it still grew in the militant atheist soviet Russia when it was suppressed there only a century ago with the majority of Russians today now also identifying as Christian. Just goes to show that atheist suppression of religion still doesn’t stop religion.

Sources for the legion of whiny /Redditor/ fedoras that will no doubt show up in this post:

pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
pewforum.org/2012/12/18/global-religious-landscape-unaffiliated/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/10776023/China-on-course-to-become-worlds-most-Christian-nation-within-15-years.html
masterrussian.com/russia/facts.htm

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/story-of-jesus-christ-was-fabricated-to-pacify-the-poor-claims-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html
existentialbuddhist.com/2011/05/is-buddhism-non-theistic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, most atheist throw the baby out with the bath water only realizing later they made a mistake

Allahu Akbar

You Christians are delusional, China has had a minority of Christians and Muslims for a time period longer than the existence of the USA as a country.
Muslims especially have been in China for more than 1000 years, Christians for nearly half that.

No, they aren't increasing at any rate. Decreasing slowly if anything compared to the rest of the population.

China is 2.53% Christian, and it has been around this for more than half a century. Sorry

But keep believing what you want Christian boy, there are no people more deluded that you Christians. I knew a Christian guy who also believed that earth was flat and that the earth was 6000 years old and that men walked with dinosaurs. He also claimed that China is basically nearly a quarter Christian and will be a Christian nation soon.

You guys are totally deluded, sorry.
It's sad that you have to live in fantasy, believing that Japan, China are going to become Christian.

Also Christianity has only been shrinking in Europe, not increasing you silly child. Ever since the catholic church lost power Christianity has been slowly dying in Europe. Many in Europe don't even circumcise now and Christianity is very washed out and not practised seriously by many people, mostly dead.

Sorry about that low IQ Christian boy. The only real strong hot spots for Christianity are the Amerimutts, Philippines, some south American countries, Vatican city, Haiti, Mexico etc.

China and Japan are literally at the bottom of the list, there are even more Christians by percentage in Iraq (3%) than China and Japan. lol

Sorry boy, your religion is dying, it had it's time. But in the modern world it's laughable for most people who are educated.

_

__

____

+

++

The vast majority of Christian are prior colonised nations by Christian oppressors, Mexico, Haiti, Philippines, Brazil etc.

Once these people start to catch up to the rest of the world, they will drop Christianity also.

Educated people don't adopt Christianity, that's why Christians only make up a tiny minority of Nobel prize winners and scientists, they are just morons. Sorry

A common prerequisite for being a Christian is to have a low IQ and be gullible. The very same is required to be a Muslim, both are abrahamic religions cut from the same cloth and are very very similar.

Because atheists aren't stupid and selfish enough to have children.

+++

++++

>Educated people don't adopt Christianity
kek
shills gtfo

>shills gtfo
Nah. If you bring a child into this meaningless and pointlessly cruel existence, you're a cunt.

Non theism is the fastest growing. Because many people in the world drop their religion, Europeans have been dropping it fast. Places like Japan and China were mostly non theistic to start with.
The united states has the largest Christian population in the world, a bunch of idiot. But even in America it's dropping and non theism is slowly rising.
In the USA more than 90% were Christian a century ago. Yet today it's at 71%.
Sorry about that.

-

>Educated people don't adopt Christianity

They don't, sorry. 99% of the Christian world consists of shithole countries, Christians perform very poorly in science as well.
The top IQ countries in the world are not Christian countries either, but non theistic countries.

Ever since Europe escaped the clutches of the catholic church, Europe has been able to progress drastically.

>Atheism is a religion.

Stopped reading right there.

Also OP is a faggot. OP is always a faggot.

You are technically correct. It is the poor people that cling to religion like maggots on a corpse, and when the country gets rich and experiences freedom people become atheist out of choice. In China and USSR atheism was coerced. No surprise people living in China, Africa, and South America are super religious, and people in North America and Europe less so.

--

I have more evidence for the existence of Santa than I do for Jesus. At least Santa brought me presents when I was a kid.

---

While in Europe Christianity was forced once, by the church. People who practised other religions literally killed if they wouldn't convert. Christianity is a traitorous religion to follow as a white person, that's why most Europeans fought back against the church and eventually destroyed it's power in their lives.

While virtually all were Christian (or at least forced to be Christian) in Europe hundreds of years ago.
The percentages drops very fast after proud Europeans fought back against the church.
Today.
Christianity percentage, and dropping.
Belgium 65%.
Sweden 65%.
France 58%
UK 59.3%.
Germany 58.3%.
Australia 52.1%.
New Zealand 47.8%.
Estonia 45%.
Netherlands 34%.
Czech Republic 34%.

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/story-of-jesus-christ-was-fabricated-to-pacify-the-poor-claims-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html

=

I went to Japan recently. Even in Kyoto everybody just visits the shinto and buddhist shrines casually. Religion is just part of the history, not something that people do anymore

==

lol

You're not doing us any favours here, ya drongo. Would you be convinced if a Mudslime started screaming invective at you while calling you stupid?
There's a saying about flies, honey, and vinegar. Can't remember what it is, though.
Wait, do you even have any of those things in Australia?
Err ... you catch more kangaroos with vegemite than with deadly fucking spiders, mate.
>Atheism not a fucking religion
This.
Checked and keked, Ivan.

జ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞజ్ఞ

====

As a former rad trad Catholic, it's hard not to feel polarized when your family and friends are very devout. What do you recommend?

>In China and USSR atheism was coerced.

Atheism first came from Asia, silly child.

Are you not aware that Buddhism has been the majority religion in a lot history in these regions?

Buddhism is not a theistic religion, this is why the Japanese and Chinese and Koreans etc were non theistic people for most of their history, and still are today.

The only time when Japan and China were theistic was a very long time ago, with their native religions. But they adopted Buddhism a long time ago also.

Generally the more intelligent the population, the less likely they are to be theistic. That's why eastern Asians are not commonly theistic. It's why third low IQ small brain people are very theistic and will believe in anything.

You mention Russia, but Russia is a country that deliberately adopted Christianity. The leader of Russia wanted a religion for his people, he was considering Islam until he learned that you couldn't drink alcohol, so instead he chose Greek Orthodox Christianity, this is called history. You should learn it sometime.

>inb4 cherry-picking

Accept the Imperial Truth.

Also Atheism is not a religion. It's just the absence of belief.

What many people mistake with atheism is anti-clericalism. Anti-clericalism is an aggressive idea which says that all church must put down.

Literaly the quote "Peace on Earth will come when the last stone of the last church will crush the head of the last priest" is anti-clerical.

Both atheism and theism are religons
Genuine resonable people are agnostic

>recommend?
That's a tricky one. I should state for the record that my atheism has never brought me into familial conflict.
I'd say try to have a calm, rational discussion about the situation with them. State your peace, refuse to escalate (which they will try to do from step one), and remain objective.
Surely it's theior Christian duty to be tolerant and accepting.
Look at the cuck-Pope kissing Mudslime niggers' feet.
Hopefully, your family and friends will respect your opinions.
>Or hide your powerlevel and just try to get on with it.

Shinto for Japanese is their culture, they maintain it as their country and people. It's a way to maintain nationalism in Japan, but most Japanese just do it out of respect for their past people and culture, they don't strongly literally believe that these deities in Shinto truly are real, it's more of a way to just keep the spirit/culture of japan alive and maintain nationalism. You could even say it's a form of fun for them.

Buddhism isn't strictly nontheistic, and even nontheistic people consider divine elements, like karma and nirvana. And there's definitely a difference between your government forcing a belief system down your throat and people saying, "This makes the most sense, I'll do this."

Atheism is a religon because it assumes that deity does not exist, which can neither be approved nor disproved at this moment

you say with your mouth but disprove yourself with your actions

Well yeah, the emperor declared the religion to be a larp as part of the surrender conditions of ww2

Sign, theism requires the belief of gods (deities). Theism "belief in the existence of a god or gods, specifically of a creator who intervenes in the universe."

Buddhism doesn't have gods, Buddhism is a non theistic religion and is listed as such. If you want to keep denying this and attempting to argue Americmutt then you won't get any replies, good day.

Many Christians hold their religion very personally, so questioning it isn't like asking an abstract philosophical question. It's perceived as attacking their identity and spurning their way of live. But my country is more fundamentalist than yours. I say this coming from one of the least religious regions of the USA, New England

>Aggressive, high-and-mighty posturing and attempts to proselytise that won't win you any friends and will only further alienate the religious majority who think all atheists are proto-Commies instead of their allies against Islam.
It's people like you who made me abandon the movement in disgust five years ago, mate.
I used to proudly say I was an atheist and have some fantastic debates with people from all over the world.
But that was before the fucking edgelords took over. It's all gone now.
Try to be respectful mate, you might have better luck.

Christianity is a fucking cancer

Says the drug running, ex-CIA head, skull & bones, satanic, pedophile faggot George HW Bush

>atheism is a religion

Hello, New England, this is Best England calling.
>religion is identity
That's a good point that I often forget.
Do you think there'd be any way of broaching the topic with anybody at all?
Do you have a friend who's a little more open minded than the rest?

He's not wrong though.

It's you again, the ignorant idiot.

Actually Buddhism was the most common in Japan, Shinto itself was a minority religion. The emperor sought to increase Shinto as it was the Japanese native religion, he achieved this partially and today there are more Shinto people than even during WW2.
So nice try.

Hirohito never once said that Shinto was fake and just for fun, nice try Amerimutt. Keep making up your alternative history.

The surrender terms didn't entail attacking peoples religion, in fact American people told the Japanese that they had to put religious freedom in their constituion. Which just means that the government couldn't have influence on what religion people choose. This was American's attempt at trying to make Japan Christian, Americans tried very hardly with missions trying to convert Japanese people to Christian.

But the Japanese were to proud so basically never converted to this BS, they aren't going to worship some blonde haired Jesus or some unrealistic story of a man being born from a virgin. Japan fought against Christianity before WW2 also, they were always against it. Keep denying history though, stupid Amerimutt.

You're being a right cunt. Some buddhists believe in divine/celestial beings, others do not. Keep in mind there are three major denominations of buddhism, all of which are quite different. Most pointedly, the Mahayana.

existentialbuddhist.com/2011/05/is-buddhism-non-theistic/

Over 3000 fake God's and gospels. The fools!

But not MY god. He is totally real :^)

I have 2 friends who are non-religious, but I get annoyed because they are buzzfeed style liberals. Another friend I have is outright atheist, and it's my only relief other than the internet. I try my best not to sperg, but in my country mentioning you are athiest in public won't do you any favors. Then we hear all the bs about "christian persecution" and the war on christmas. It gets frustrating

>Over 3000 fake God's and gospels. The fools!
Actually mutt, only 3 religions have """gospels""". Judaism, judeo-christianity and mohammedism

I told you that you aren't going to get replies if you keep trying to claim that Buddhism is a theistic religion that worships gods and creators.
Keep believing what you want Amerimutt, you are against definitions and facts. Another low IQ Christian retarded American.

"Since the time of the Buddha, the denial of the existence of a creator deity has been seen as a key point in distinguishing Buddhist from non-Buddhist views.[6] The question of an independent creator deity was answered by the Buddha in the Brahmajala Sutta. The Buddha denounced the view of a creator and sees that such notions are related to the false view of eternalism"

Dumb Amerimutt. I actually have buddhist friends, they don't believe in deities or creators. It isn't a theistic religion, get over it you stupid god boy.

But it is a belief structure, as are religions.
If you start from a position that supernatural forces do not exist. Then only certain beliefs are logically possible.

>Doesn't know how and works.

Not surprising. You are wrong in your statements as well, though.

It depends on your definition of "deity"

It certainly does not have an omniscient and omnipotent creator god like the semite one

By my definition - "beings with supernatural powers that have great influence over humanbeings", buddhism is definitely theism

Besides, regardless if buddhism is theism by definition, most followers do practically consider Buddhas deities and worship them in similar manners followers of the Semite religions worship their worship the Semite god

I'll grant you he makes some valid points.
There are gracious ways to be correct, though, and this Ausfag hasn't yet mastered the skill.
Pic related: If cats and dogs can be friends, why can't Atheists and Christians unite against the goatfuckers?

>actually have buddhist friends, they don't believe in deities or creators
Absolutely right. Even in Tibetan Buddhism, there are only demi-gods and such, which the Tibetans view mainly as metaphors

>atheism
>religion
pick one faggot

No, it doesn't assume that, atheism assume you can't prove god exist or not and that's all.

Agnosticism is a good example of atheism, it's the most widespread form of atheism and it says just that "We don't know if god exist or not" and that's all.

Even Cartesianism say "if god exist prove it, until that, i will not believe in it". The cartesian don't say "i will never believe in god" or "god doesn't exist", he just want proof. Sound pretty rational to me.

Atheism doesn't assume anything and most importantly, atheism don't has to be spread. A true atheist let people choose to believe or not and don't try to enforce his vision of things ( unlike, you know religions ).

Are you speaker of the dead or a tarantula? Or maybe tarantula dressed up as speaker of the dead?

Never mind. Christianity is religion of weakness, atheism is raided by tarantulas to the point where it's useless, islam is semitic, subversive piece of shit and paganism is larp.

God is dead, time to create a new one.

Originally a tribal judaean/israelite religion, segregating itself from the pagan tribes around it, they worshipped what they saw as the one true god, Yah.

Yeshua al massiach came to earth, gathering a mob and picked out some jewish low class laborers to be his disciples, teaching them as a rabbi, which the increasingly secular and corrupt establishment didnt like and also allegedly worked some miracles

Then he was crucified, nailed to a stick. And this crucifixion was the blood offering to end all blood offerings(Leviticus etc), which ushered into a new covenant for all the goys from the earth to worship YHWH through Yeshua al massiach. They can, as st Paul says, now become fellow heirs of Abraham("let me pimp out my wife, kill my son and mutilate my dick") patriarch of the jews. The same nations/goys who are condemned and cursed to eternal servitude, extermination and destruction in the OT(sacred christian scripture, all written by jews ofcourse), can now be redeemed if they fall on their knees before Yah and wash away their filthy sinful human and heathen nature with the blood of Yeshua. This is what is meant with "salvation is from the jews."

You can cover it up all you want with hellenistic sophistry, neoplatonic mysticism and pagan customs, but this is christianity at its core. A semitic cult. Christians are spiritual semites who enter into a covenant with YHWH, become circumsized in their heart.

>what is a mistranslation
Thats been corrected in every other version
>jews
>gospel
Kikes reject the gospel
>judeo-christianity
Any Christian who uses this term is a heretic

>Christians are spiritual semites who enter into a covenant with YHWH, become circumsized in their heart
This

Jews aren't Israeilites, Abraham was an Aryan, and there is only one God.

Buddha is not a god or creator, sorry. Nice try though kid, you thought that getting on a VPN from China would make your uneducated opinion become valid.

Stupid Americmutt. Also the original traditional Buddhism from India that has various types of supernatural beings in 27 heavens isn't the same religion that was practised later in China and Japan. Sorry

Keep claiming Buddha is a creator or god, repetition isn't going to make it true Amerimutt.

Christianity and religion grow because of low iq gullible superstitious Pajeets, negroes, spics,...

oh look
its the butthurt christard again
with another butthurt post

your butt must really hurt massively bad
why not kys and go meet your faggoty jesus right away
hurry up faggot

>quotes a massive faggot
wew

>tfw you have to scroll this far to read the obvious answer.

Exactly, finally someone with a brain. Not surprised as you are British, the Amerimutts that fill Sup Forums are nearly all retarded. lol

I said there were divine elements, like karma and divine beings. Not one big god to rule them all. I also specified which branch I was talking about, while you generalized all buddhists. Nobody gives a shit about your anecdotal evidence with friends

Czeched----

Luckily for them, God is known for his forgiveness.

Sounds like a retard.

That wasn't me

Abraham was the archkike, patriarch of the semitic tribes of jews. A filthy desert dwelling neurotic semite. He was a literal cuckold, having to pimp out his wife to survive, being a religious nutter wanting to offer his son as a blood offering to Yah. Then he corcumcized himself, as the sick kike that he was.

Take your christian identity bullshit somewhere else.

Spiritual elements doesn't = theism or divine (of or like God or a god).
Learn the definitions of words you stupid Amerimutt.
theism : belief in the existence of a god or gods, specifically of a creator who intervenes in the universe.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are a stupid Christian, most of you Amerimutts are Christians. You probably have your penis cut also.

I dream of a day
when everyone realizes how much the man has power over them
and how gullible they have been
to just openly give the government information about their private lives freely and willy nilly.

A day when we realize that this information isn't supposed to help us.
sure its supposed to improve the product
but in now way does that help us.
it only enslaves us further to a product.
I dream of a day when questions like
what is your religion?
what is your race?
what is your gender?
will be met with such laughable responses and trite banter that those with the power will finally realize that it can no longer fleece its constituency into slavery.

According to any monotheist out there, census takers should be put to death. because the only one that needs census is god, and those that try to gain census try to be like him.

The only people who believe in god and that someone in the sky gives a shit about them, are low IQ gullible retards.
They think their religion is the correct one, but all others are wrong. They don't realise they were just born into their shitty religion that is just as stupid as all the rest.

>le forgiveness meme

>butts butts butts
O Sodomite, repent, you wretch, and be spared eternal fire

Based

Atheists may be small but they’ve had a big impact on the culture. A large percentage of “””Christians””” are basically atheists

>buzzfeed liberals
Fuck me, I hadn't even heard of identitarianism, race realism, or the JQ before I met an actual SJW IRL who accused me of being a literal Nazi because I don't support antifa's fascist violence.
So I Googled 'alt-right'. A few months later, I was a (non-(((alt-right)))) Sup Forumstard.
>Chistland
Yeah, that sounds like it sucks.
I wish I had something positive to say to you, but this is way outside my experience.
Sup Forums is here for you, though.
Also, and I swear this is not a joke, I once had a really nice chat about life, the universe, and everything with a (((rabbi))).
He was actually pretty cool. Might be worth a try if the Jews around your way are as approachable as him.