Canada's economy blows away forecasts

Canada's economy blows away forecasts with 4.5% growth — its strongest start to year since 2002 (The last time the Liberals were in power)

business.financialpost.com/news/economy/newsalert-canadas-economic-growth-higher-than-expected-in-second-quarter-2

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-land-for-sale/ottawa/for-sale-unique-piece-of-land-42-acres-dixon-factory-rd/1330815938?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
youtube.com/watch?v=dAqt7PwzAnI
macleans.ca/politics/trudeau-gets-earful-over-tax-reform-at-b-c-townhall/
nationalpost.com/opinion/jack-mintz-another-nep-fiasco-looms-as-westerners-suffer-for-trudeaus-energy-follies/wcm/a219f664-9715-4f0f-9ac6-67abfecf9b0e
vancouversun.com/news/local-news/petronas-cancels-11-4-billion-lng-project-near-prince-rupert
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bamp

how much of that growth is related to the green leaf.

churning portfolios and companies selling everything so they can flee ain't a good thing but it does bump the numbers up temporarily..

get used to 1 percent growth.

I miss your threads bongbro

How can Trudeau be so based? I can't even be mad at him since everything he does he succeeds in and I'm a Canadian neo-nazi

>GDP
Fuelled mostly by real estate sales to Chinese at inflated prices. The average man I mean people doesn't see anything from this at all

>Sounds like a good time for NAFTA renegotiation.

Why aren't you selling your houses to the Chinese then? Idiot.

> so they can flee
Are companies actually exiting from Canada en mass atm?

>Implying he's a boomer

That said if your job is outside the 3 major cities real estate is cheaper than the US. In fact it's probably cheaper than anywhere else in the world.

they worked.

Victory condition was met in the fall. we popped the bubble and we reclaimed the discussion from the shills, who we doxxed. We even brigaded the CBC survey so they kept their shitty layout. We're winning still.

1. I'm not a boomer
2. I'm not a fucking sellout driven only by money. Fucks whod put money ahead of their own people should be drug out and shot

Anyway BC is getting a foreign ownership ban soon. It's inevitable the majority of people want it and it would basically be a guaranteed election win for any party to promise to implement it

00 Trudeau outwits and surprises his opponents yet again. He surely can't keep getting away with it. Can he? When if ever will we experience peak Trudeau? His power levels appear to be limitless.

he makes it look so easy too. You litteraly can't do anything to stop him. He's like a gay progressive version of Mycroft from Sherlock Holmes.

This
Why is China buying real estate in a country that's doomed? Why isn't it mass investing into grorious Poland and Hungary?

i like the based ndp green combo

lmao

No.

this. Land in Canada is cheap af. You can get a 42 acre farm with a house for 360k leaf dollars pretty close to a major city. This would be like 10 million in Yrop

kijiji.ca/v-land-for-sale/ottawa/for-sale-unique-piece-of-land-42-acres-dixon-factory-rd/1330815938?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Some countries have 'if you don't live here, you can't own homes here' laws. Like Prince Edward Island if I recall correctly.

Also, China's colonizing Canada, not Hungary or Poland.
Also also, Canada used to have an economy. Used to.

>peak trudeau
how much has the PM's power level risen since he began his training?

CAN HE FIGHT AND CAN HE WIN

Diversity is your strength.

youtube.com/watch?v=dAqt7PwzAnI

>Maritime union
>When the sole reason they still exist as a thing is due to federal support, so if federal dissapear they would be far too underpopulated and weak economically do have any influence and would be integrated immediately to a neighboring state
>Such a mixmash of different native cultures the sole thing that would unite these peoples is the fact that they used to be part of Canada, with even proper french and brits mixed in since they still hold influence there in the form of a city or two (due to centuries old peace treaty)
>Giving them Labrador when the sole reason it was taken out of Quebec (when the inhabitant were Quebecers themselves and were never asked their opinion about the motion) was a 3 bird one stone kind of deal for the federal government: Insure loyalty from the far eastern provinces via the distribution of lucrative mining contract taking place in the newly transferred territory of Labrador, save the contractor lots in taxes by basically dodging all Quebec taxes this way(insuring the loyalty of the mining corporation) and give them a stick to poke into Quebec ribs the moment they think about becoming genuinely sovereign because of muh yet-to-be-defined southern border of Labrador, basically acting as an insurance for the whole deal

To be honest, the whole of the east should be a single thing, not necessarily ruled by Quebec but that map is pure balkanization that leave everyone weaker than they were beforehand.

So, we like Trudeau now, or is this just shitposting?

It's worth mentioning tho that Canadian land is usually shit in itself. Small trees, low yield and poor biodiversity.

think of it as an IQ test that you failed.

nigger you get a literal lake 42 acres of land a house and several barns with driving distance to Ottowa for 360k

You don't have to like him. You just have to realize and accept that he cannot be stopped.

the land isn't profitable enough to pay it's own taxes, it's why it's cheap.

>that left jab at the end

Spenny

I get the distinct impression you don't like Canada and our leader Justin Trudeau meme flag maybe you should go back to fixing the problems of your own country who's flag you're hiding

nigga come bump my skyking thread

The Queen recognizes that a democratic society, must bow to the majority, and China happens to have the majority. Embrace the new owners as they take their place in Canada. Teach you children the language, or they will be left behind.

Probably some Europoor

there's no skyking thread tho

made you look

I was gonna bump

spenny and the PM do kinda look alike
and they're both limp-wristed milksops
and they're both a product of postmodern thinking
hmmmmm

Without access to public water (which you have to pay even if you don't have access to it ironically), without Sewers (septic tanks you have to empty every once in a while), without road maintenance, without access to electricity, still have to pay all the fucking taxes, can still be accused criminally if some stupid drunk natives decide to break in and tear his arm on the door window, living nearby unpredictable natives, etc etc.

Not that such a life is undesirable, but there is a lot to take into consideration, shit ain't like in the USA where you can get access to most of such services relatively easily given the distribution of the population across the whole of the USA, while in Canada most of these services are found in big cities, with the crushing majority of town still using wells or tae tap water directly from the rivers. If you want to live innawood in Canada, its gotta be for real, no half-hearted attempt else you're just going to go back to being a cityboi soon enough.

Also would you believe that the average house price is hugely inflated already? You could get an entire house built, foundation included for about 75-80k not even 20-30 years ago.

It's always fun to remember that Newfoundland/Labrador entered the confederation in 1949
The current configuration of Canada's barely 70 years old and already wants to come apart at the seams

Boom before the bust.
dis nut in ya mom

now you're being cruel.

anyhow, I'm OP of brit/pol/ today if you want to come talk politics. no one will accuse you of not being allowed to talk because you don't have a decent flag.

>t. Torontofaggot who doesn't have a clue about even having a clue

They're not based they're a bunch of absolute fucking idiots. The NDP are Chinese sellouts like the Libs were and the greens just suck the NDPs dick because dood prop rep lmao

The only based party in BCs history was the SoCreds. We need another WAC Bennett to clean us up not some dopey social worker like Horgan

Would be surprising to expect anything better than that for Babylon 2.0: New World Boogaloo

>leave everyone weaker

Except BC and the prairies would be stronger because it's always us paying for the easts very existence

>the Chad Canadian
>the virgin Britcuck

>sportswear

Is it true that bc is a liberal shithole?

Canada is unofficially US state, but thanks for the good numbers.

southern BC except for sparwood yeah

You don't win by fighting your enemy. Only an uneducated simpleton would believe that. 00 Trudeau has that guy right where he wants him and the simpleton savage won't even realize how or why he was defeated until it is too late.

canada sends alot of businesses south these days.

Sigh. A few rich corporations able to siphon more money hurts the economy. A billion more dollars for one guy doesn't mean shit to the rest of us. Just gives him more money to spend on politicians.

It's like shills in the US praising that there are more jobs.
1. Unemployed people are no longer considered unemployed if they don't find work/stop looking. So you're just ignoring the numbers.
2. Part time jobs are worse than full time ones with benefits.
3. Multiple jobs to make ends meet.

It's all bullshit propaganda. And I hate you OP for the bait.

That map is based on how WAC Bennett (BCs best premier) predicted Canada would one day end up just before his death

He based his predictions mostly on differences in economic bases and local politics/culture as part of his prediction was regions wouldn't leave until they had the population levels to do so. When you look at it the whole thing is just a natural progression. Canada left Britain once it had a population level able to sustain itself it no longer found it convenient to have a far away government handle trade/defence etc for it.

You think the east is underpopulated? I Disagree, it is populated enough
OUT OUT OUT
Most of the land is developed in pei nb and ns actually

Only the lower mainland

But it's all relative. Compare our NDP to Ontarios Wynne and they look conservative by comparison

This. They really oughta just restore lower and upper Canada. Saying this as a western new brunswicker (aka literally in the middle of anglo and franco cultures. Learned both languages simoultaneously)

>muh perequation

Holy fuck, you do realize this is stupid and isn't equivalent at all to all the money that is brought in by all the fucking taxes on our trading and life in general. We are being sucked dry and being made fools, all of us.

BC simply do not have the mentality and population to be independent, sorry that is just fact. Far to many naive hippy and tourist who just want to live free from worry to have the maturity to maintain a country. The prairies aren't that productive, the moment the oil industry get unprofitable (which depend more on the price the oil industry decide to put on the barrels, basically making them the power bottom of offer and demand) the entire economy will crash because the influx just won't be enough to compensate the whole thing that will have grown during the previously prosperous era of oil exploitation. We are talking in the tens of millions less in budgets, if not more.

We just llzt 80k jobs im a canadian in mexico btw on vacation with my wife and kids. 50k of which were in newly 15 an hoir ontario.

oil is up, so naturally canada is up

You forgot the expected billions in debt.

macleans.ca/politics/trudeau-gets-earful-over-tax-reform-at-b-c-townhall/

they can't sell oil at going rate because they don't have market access - no pipelines.

>>With access to tidewater frustrated, the U.S. remains Canada’s sole export market for oil and gas. Tight pipeline capacity and increased reliance on more costly (and potentially more dangerous) rail transportation has forced Western producers to suffer deep discounts. The spread between Canadian and U.S. oil prices rises with the tightness of the constraints and it now sits at US$25 instead of a more normal US$10 per barrel.

>If the spread continues for a year, the cost to the Canadian economy will be $23 billion.

nationalpost.com/opinion/jack-mintz-another-nep-fiasco-looms-as-westerners-suffer-for-trudeaus-energy-follies/wcm/a219f664-9715-4f0f-9ac6-67abfecf9b0e

>hippy and tourist
Allowed in thanks to being part of Canada and following Canadas immigration laws. Before the hippy a came from the US we used to literally beat chinamen in the street if they left their designated part of town.

No thanks we don't need to take our fucking orders from a city 3000km away that is failing on very basic things like trade and defense. Fuck sake if BC were independent it wouldn't have the Chinese problem we'd have a proper trade deal with the US for things like our lumber and we'd probably have a better army than trudopes underfunded diversity lmao military. Like seriously if er declared independence tomorrow morning Cuckada wouldn't even lift a finger to stop anything

I wonder who the Ivankas of the world would be rushing to after the fight to tend to his wounds. He won, deal with it. Everything that has transpired has done so according to his design. Only a fool would ignore the facts in light of the overwhelming evidence.

And you have to choose between paying for your meds, the electric bill, or food.

Canada didn't leave Britain due to population lol, where the fuck you pulled that? In fact we never officially left the british empire as far as I am aware! Still acting under the authority of the British crown and we still have to make a seat for her representative to our government. A person we pay hundred of thousand a year solely to sign official papers in the name of the Queen. Sovereign yeah right...

Another victim of the Canadian judicial double standard and confusing legalese.

And you have to look at the international picture too, you geographically ignorant canuck. They simply lack the population to be able to defend yourself properly, a population of a million or two at best mean next to nothing when your direct neighbor has over 350 million inhabitant and your Canadian neighbor over 10m. It's just fact mate, you can't make a country on intent alone, you need peoples, industry and resources to maintain a government that can properly and fairly manage its military and etc etc. Also given the locations, foreign interest might be interest in supporting your internal politics as to influence you toward a position favorable to their own plan since you might not be aware of but you're located at one of the main entry point for a huge part of the Northern USA maritime trade.

Hiding assets from Chinese government and speculation

I thought Canada was gonna be weak and die a slow death like NZ, a 2nd rate 1st world country. I've even seen Croats and Israelis coming back from Canada because they thought it was shitty

But maybe there's a spark in Canadian people and they'll be the "ethnostate" Richard Spencer talks about in NA. I could see them being the richest country in the world

Why did Mosanto buys all those Ukrainian farms, when their economy was crashing and thus at incredibly low price when taking into consideration the difference in values of the Ukrainian currency with western ones?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

You know what I mean we don't take our orders from London anymore and in reality the queen approves all the laws because she's supposed to be politically neutral.

I left Canada because it was shitty.

Many 2 million population countries doing just fine

There's something called having a good relationship with the US. The US isn't just going to chimp out and invade the maritimes when they could just have good relations instead otherwise they'd have invaded all of Canada already (sorry the Canadian military isn't deterring the US from anything they could take us over in a day)

What is costa rica you ignorant canuck? You can have a country that has little to no military presence. Just don't be a dick to your neighbours and they won't slaughter you.

you guys want to leave things to chance and hope.

that is pisspoor strategy.

Lol nope, lower and higher canada was literally Upper Canada = Jewish merchant and their anglos goys while Lower Canada = The french frogs who were considered like mutts and refused the rights to hold governmental offices, while being forced to accept immigrants from the whole of the British empire whence fort they fucked off elsewhere because of the cold or greater profit could be made elsewhere.

Canada the way it is now is pretty much leaving things to chance and hope. Look at how small and piss poor our military is the US if it wanted could take the whole thing over right now

Except we do you fucktard, aka why we need a REPRESENSATITIVE of the FUCKING QUEEN to sign OFFICIAL papers in our own legal system because its still written black on fucking white that SHE is the highest authority of the country. While in practices we don't directly answer to London, we still are for all intent and purpose under their legislative rule.

Ain't the USA I am worried about

More about the whole lots of nations who would love getting buddy buddy with the guys who hold territory which has the capital of the USA within artillery range.

The budget will balance itself.
^_~

Yup. Google it.

Lots of sectors are leaving: manufacturing, oil and energy, finance, retail.

It's a combo of lower taxes in the US and higher taxes/ forecast political instability in canada. It's even worse in Ontario.

Ontario is the most indebted state in the western world, which is fucking indebted more than ever in history.

I like to joke Ontario will become Venezuela but at least Venezuela has oil

Haha the numbers are good which means nothing is wrong!

I’m convinced as fuck!

>Costa Rica

Seriously? Are you seriously quoting Costa Rica as an example when their sovereignty is officially supported by the US government? or should I say the USA extended their reach of influence there so basically attacking them would be to start conflict with the USA which the direct neighbors of Costa Rica obviously can't afford.

vancouversun.com/news/local-news/petronas-cancels-11-4-billion-lng-project-near-prince-rupert

these are amateur numbers. you gotta bump them up if you wanna be big league. look at this shit

>Blowing away economic forecasts
>Blowing off driveway snow with my snowblower
>Blowing off my dogs
Why don’t you guys just take the maplepill?

Yeah and those same things you're talking about could easily fuck over the current Canadian military as it is. The US would intervene long before any threat to them would get in range and fuck sake nobody is taking territory to be in artillery range when there are fucking missiles

Thanks Horgan

I think it's a separate Monarchy though, like being Queen of England and France would be 2 separate offices held by one person
Like if England abolished the Monarchy, she'd still be Queen of Canada
Or is it just that she owns all the land in Canada, I forget

That is pretty much the situation in Canada as well.
Either way, New brunswick, PEI, or NS will not join Quebec. Maybe the french north of NB and labrador..

Ontario would become Zimbabwe with the billion dollar worthless currency

Quebec needs stronger border control on the western border it seems
(it's fucked too, but fuck Ontario's hordes)

>vancouversun.com/news/local-news/petronas-cancels-11-4-billion-lng-project-near-prince-rupert

Come on guys we're not that bad right?

Maybe if you built walls around Toronto and declared it an independent nation

its just like here in australia, the GDP growth in entirely because of rising real estate prices in a few of the major cities