I think he has a point

I think he has a point.

I mean, look at how violent our media has become these days. We have games that glorify gangster behavior, massacring innocent civilians, ignoring set laws that bring order into our society. It's no wonder why kids grow up to murderous psychopaths with no sense of the gravity of their actions.

I feel that this medium of ours should take a long hard look at itself and see how it's affecting the next generation. Children shouldn't be exposed to a form of media where they're essentially rewarded to be murderers, and they're not punished for being one.

>Gun control isn't the problem
And this ladies and gentlemen is why we're destined to have these school shootings continue.

Prove it

what did Americans mean by this?

Show me a single scientific study from a reputable source that associates consuming violent media with violent behaviour. Pro tip: you can't.

Gun's are part of the problem, but not THE problem.

Violent media is desensitizing our children.

I blame the internet
We should kill the internet

And banning drugs stopped everyone from doing drugs.

>be american
>get shot
>gubmint blames video games
ebin

>Once again, USA does everything to mot touch their beloved second constitutional law, not matter how outdate is for today standards
What must happen for USA to finally put a hard guns' control?

This explains all the mass shootings in other countries that don't sell guns everywhere!

>tfw live in a country with high ownership and the only shootings that happen are family dramas

Honestly limiting internet access would be a good thing for kids.

Schools are gun-free zones.

>certified retards are allowed to own assault rifles in the US
>gun control isn´t the issue
>it´s movies and video games

OP you are one of those people who shouldn´t own guns.

Without a change in legislation this will continue to happen. Banning violent videogames will not solve this problem, just like the haze code didn't solve organized crime.

>I think he has a point.

He doesn't have a point. Even including all the school shootings the U.S and the West in general is way less violent today than it even was 25 years ago.

Books are violent too.

There really are no countries that are as developed as the US and still have as many mass shooting. If you believe there are I would be interested in seeing where you got that data.

its a problem of logistics.
There are hundreds of millions of guns in the US, and unlike the UK, Japan, and Australia, we are not an island.

Even if we miraculously seized all of the guns without starting a civil war, theres a big ass Mexican border that regularly sneaks people across, that has now decided to get into the illegal gun trade - a transfer of objects across the border much easier than people, since guns dont need to eat or breathe while theyre being transported.

It's almost like if people don't have guns they will kill with other weapons hmmmmmmmmmm

Until somebody shoots it up, sure

I think all the shootings are desensitizing people actually.
The root of the problem is the lack of gun control, but people will continue to cling to a bullshit law that was written back when guns could only fire one bullet.

>assault rifles
Wrong.

Humanity was much more violent before video games/movies even existed.

user...

>le evil video games
>can't be the guy owning a assault rifle

Can somebody explain why mutts are so obsessed with their weapons?

Actually read the pic this time, brainlet

Yes, when I play a video game or finish watching a movie, I suddenly have an urge to murder massive amounts of people and kill myself. I've always figured that this is how it is for everyone.

>I mean, look at how violent our media has become these days
All cultures are turned towards war and conflict, as it is their main mean of survival.

Hes somewhat right, violent vidya & movies has desensitized young people to violence very heavily, where were all the young people mass shooting schools in the 50's?

No one will admit it though

that america and hungary have huge non-firearm homicide rate and the problem lies in the quality of the populace, we should ban shitty people from existing.

also Korea has some serious suicide issues

can you keep your Sup Forums thread out of Sup Forums ? nobody wanting to talk about video games wants to talk about this shit

Why do states with more restrictive gun laws have more gun violence per capita?

I agree but that doesn't mean you ignore an issue. This has clearly become a copy cat issue with others doing it because they see it happen so much on the news. We can't ban the news reporting accurate information though so it puts us in a difficult spot. Ignoring that these kind of attacks are increasing in frequency is also irresponsible.

I mean the thing is man, it's not more peaceful today because 40 years ago people looked at all the plane hijackings and said "well it just keeps happening there's nothing we can do about it". It's because people sat down and said how can we fix this.

>a thing glorified something that is intrinsic to humanity

Yeah I'm sure getting rid of said thing will eliminate all of this shit.

>it's another let's not blame the parents episode

>look at how violent our media has become
School shootings only began taking off in the 90s and we've had violent media since the fucking 70s

Lol right...

Every country in the world has violent video games, yet the U.S is the only place with 18 fucking shootings in 2 months.

I'm sure it has nooooothing to do with the shitty gun-laws.

>treat men like total shit at every stage of their life
>when they have a problem tell them to "MAN UP" and not be a bitch
>literally all emotional support groups are for women only and if you dare reach out you're told to fuck off and "MAN UP"
>b-ban de violent vidya gaems!!!

if you can't see the problems that cause all the school shooting you're retarded

>Sup Forums defends video games even though they cause kids to be violent
like clockwork

Guns are an important tool for self defence.
Also not sure why you give such a massive shit about assault rifles when handguns are far more dangerous. Hammers kill more people per year than assault rifles - would you like to ban those?

Who the fuck could blame a gun for anything? It's not sentient, let alone sapient.

I'll bait even harder than you OP.

we need skin-implanted gps
also an online government account
it'd be tied to our SSN and ID
YouTube, Facebook, any online account is tied to this government account.

No more anonymity. When someone posts something heinous their account is immediately flagged and they get a party van.

we need to stop spending on military and start spending on cybersecurity before this happens though. Or it'll be Equifax 2.0

why is hungary's suicide rate so high? is the country really that bad?

Right to protect themselves. Main problem is why guns are so freely available. All you need to do to get a gun is to be not retarded and even then, inbred Cletus somehow gets a gun and goes on rampage.

>other countries are so shit that everyone just kills themselves

>Hes somewhat right, violent vidya & movies has desensitized young people to violence very heavily, where were all the young people mass shooting schools in the 50's?
Then why is it this only happens in the US when many violent games are played by people the world over?

They were busy finishing the Korean War and beginning the war in Vietnam.

I don't know about that, user. Ive been playing vidya all my life and the only person I've ever wanted to kill was myself. If you're looking for something to blame that isn't guns then look towards the parents and possibly their teachers.

>Heard that there have been 18 shootings on school grounds so far in 2018
Where did we go so wrong

Projection

The shooter was from Sup Forums. Sup Forums literally kills people. Isn't it about time we take action and delete it?

Because you can´t just drive to a neighbouring state and get a gun right? Fucking mongoloid.

This.
>kids parents do drugs
>work wage slave jobs instead or raising kids
>bunch of other degenerate kids like this go to school
>degenerates bully degenerates and create greater evils
circle of life nothing to see here

t. non-gun owner

>18 incidents with firearms at US school this year alone
>It's only mid-february
What is wrong with your people that makes them want to shoot up schools so badly?

Yeah now compare it with countries with a similar proportion of niggers.
Every other country on there is hugely ethnically homogeneous and either white or asian.
Get rid of black stats and US is on par with Belgium.

>this amount of beta

>Just 'Murica things

>Guns are an important tool for self defence.
Any statistics to back that up?

I'm fairly sure they kill more people than they save.

>literally all emotional support groups are for women only and if you dare reach out you're told to fuck off and "MAN UP"
Your post is really lacking in self-awareness but this is by far the most bullshit thing you said. Really user? You really think men aren't aloud to get mental help? You're a fucking moron, call the closest mental hospital and see for yourself. I went to a support group for awhile in college when I was depressed, you couldn't be more full of shit dude.

this is the government you want regulating games because you're butthurt about lootboxes in star wars

take a long hard look at yourself stupid.

the person holding the gun is at fault
too many people try to blame anything other than mental (psychological and physiological) problems
yes something can influence the individual but they're fucking retarded and at fault
like it's been said a million times before, every single time this happens

US gun owner here. ama

Because they're next to other states that have loose gun control laws, making illegal trade easy because state borders don't have crazy strict restrictions.
Gun control is basically impossible at this point because of the sheer bulk of guns in the country. It doesn't help that the NRA cries Bloody Mary every time someone asks to impose some pretty normal restrictions on legal gun purchases like keeping those with criminal or mental illness backgrounds from buying fire arms.

At this point, the best thing is either decide if the country wants everyone to protect themselves or for the Police to have the majority access to fire arms with limited numbers of fire arms distributed to the general populace

this, but unironically

>You really think men aren't aloud to get mental help?
Yes.
Now fuck off.

>Guns are an important tool for self defense.
Actually statistically a gun is more likely to be involved in an accident than an act of self defense. I'm sure that changes based on exactly where you live but it is a statistic I have seen verified time and time again as being true for the US as a whole.

>3.6 per 100,000 people
oh, the humanity

What's it like to be apart of the problem?

>aloud

You have such a starry eyed and idolized look at how life is supposed to turn out
>Work instead of taking care of kids
As thought it's a choice? Mom doesn't pay for all of your shit once you have kids of your own, user.

have you seen our schools? Theyre abysmal. lack of funding across the board, overworked teachers, counselors are there twice a week at best. The more urban the school, the more like a prison it is. Friend of mine is a student teacher at a local city school, where the kids arent allowed to sit where they want during lunch or go to the bathroom outside of set times.

Except it shows the opposite and that people are less likely to kill if not presented with more convenient options.

Read the question and then try actually answering it without an ad hominem

autism and drugs

Owner of what? What is non-gun? A knife? Cletus, get off you cousin and explain yourself.

because it's an amendment that is taken very seriously, no questions asked

>shoot someone threatening you
>doesn't save a life

if u kill ur enemies... they win

OK and? You found one shitty organization, how does that prove that NO ONE offers help to men as you claim? I didn't say that it was bullshit that there are women only support groups, I said it was bullshit that there are NO support groups for men and that is bullshit. Nothing you posted proves otherwise.

good job proving his point lmao

Its great. Especially when i get to meet people who ask questions like yourself.

It's hard to tell if you're trolling or of you're such a republican bootlicker that you're maing this argument because BASED TRUMP and 'le Sup Forums is always right xD'. Poe's law in effect.

Of course they kill more people than they save you fucking idiot, they save people by killing other people. Did someone open up your skull and take a steaming dump in there or something?

Even if we assume your point is that guns are used in the criminal process more than they are used in self-defence - that's also a fucking gigantic DUH, because people are only going to use them in self defence if there's a crime happening in the first place, and criminals will typically arm themselves with guns regardless of the legality of it.

Why the fuck should my ability to defend myself be limited to inefficient tools? Do I have more right to defend myself as an able bodied young man than the old, infirm or feeble?

>yes guns cause hundreds of deaths that could be prevented but we like guns so we're just going to live with that
Why don't people say that and when theres a shooting just go "yeah that happens".
Why lie about it?

I´d prefer you to answer my question.

its a psychological problem, its nothing to do with guns or entertainment these killers are usually losers who experience social isolation which especially during adolesence can fuck with your mind.

if it wasnt a gun, they would just use a hammer like cho did

America is the only country with violent media then?

So don't drink when handling a firearm and follow the safety rules
problem solved
(unless you're using a glock)

thinking about this how fucked is your country if you need a gun for protection?

Gangs, take out gang violence and you have a couple a year

Pretty much.

Do people even thing these stamens through?

The common denominator is video games for all countries.

The uncommon denominator is the gun-laws.

All countries have violent video games.

The U.S has by far the most school shootings.

And somehow it's supposed to be caused by video games?

Like, use your fucking brain.

>This has clearly become a copy cat issue with others doing it because they see it happen so much on the news. We can't ban the news reporting accurate information though so it puts us in a difficult spot.

No, but you can put a moratorium on giving out information about who was killed, how many and what the name and history of the perpetrator is.

I mean, the media doesn't report fully on suicides either, which is specifically to make sure there aren't any copycat behavior.

Amazing how no study has ever been able to prove this.

Really made me think.

>One shitty organisation
>Literally the FUCKING GOVERNMENT OF A MAJOR CIVILISED WESTERN COUNTRY

Pretty sure I pointed out complete bullshit he spouted. I really don't give two fucks if a bunch of virgins on Sup Forums think I'm a beta. Most of you can't even make a post that's an actual retort to what I'm saying and just resort to ad hominem or posting spicy memes. There are few people on the planet whose opinion of me matter less.

There is support available, user is being a bitch about it. It's up to you to go get that help.

To say it's only available to women is flat out wrong. To say these services can't help men is wrong. To say anything is getting in the way other than your own willingness to find help is wrong.

Some men just like to suffer.

What is preventing men from getting mental help in the United States of America?
That screenshot doesn't prove shit, it's literally cherry picking, you fucking faggot.

>NRA scares idiots into believing Obama was going to take away their guns
>Stupid people rush to buy guns in huge numbers
>Those stupid people have stupid kids who use their parents guns to shoot up public places

And the beat goes on

So? What's your fucking point? We should ban them to stop people hurting themselves? If that's your case, there's about a billion things ahead of firearms on that list that would save more lives.