Why haven't I seen any gintma threads on Sup Forums yet? I've watched it up to episode 99 as of right now

Why haven't I seen any gintma threads on Sup Forums yet? I've watched it up to episode 99 as of right now.

Probably because you don't lurk.

>ctrl+f
>gintama

still don't find any, everytime I get on Sup Forums

You haven't lurked enough, and prolly don't use Catalog with color-filters either.
We've had a number of them in the past month or so alone. In fact, we had a THREE DAYS long Gintama thread last month!

However, as the anime's on a break until next fall, there's less threads around. Manga-fags do have their "Gintama spoilers" thread once in a while tho.

>ctrl+f
what is this, 2004?

Anyway, glad you seem to like it. I started it myself just last year, after first getting turned off by the first two (filler) eps something like a decade ago. Nowadays, it's one of my favorite long-running series.

I just finished enchousen. Should I continue to ° or jump to the manga?
I heard someone say that ° was inferior to the manga and was disappointing.

Will they finally deal with Enshou?
this is taking far too long

I do honestly prefer Gintama in animated form. The great VAs add so much to the characters, and some visual jokes are simply enhanced with movement. Not to mention the few killer OPs and EDs that just crown some arcs.

I guess some people are mostly criticizing the fact that a handful of short "arcs" were skipped in anime. Nothing too special, but still. However, they are apparently now adapting many of those in the upcoming new season, so derp.

Nah, ° messed up some jokes (like the scene with Otae as leader of Kabukicho's improvement meeting, which is hilarious in the manga, and lost some effect in the anime) and unlike previous seasons almost didn't add any jokes of its own. And then for serious stories aside from the executioner one, the animation was pretty mediocre.

It's not that the anime is worse than the manga, it's more like the manga became gradually worse, and so did the anime.

Me being a total noob aside, holy shit it's hilarious. The episodes leading up to the 100th weren't all that funny as the others but they're still really good. Kind of a fan of how Kagura imitated Gintoki and a huge fan of the Fugyu arc.

>fugyu

Sorry I meant yagyu

I think the anime is a lot clearer with its art
the art in the manga can get really messy sometimes and you have no idea what's happening if you don't look really close

and we haven't even gotten back to earth yet and there's a fucking break which means we'll need two weeks before we see what happens to Enshou

people have gotten way too disappointed about how shitty it became once the shogun assassination arc began.
i suggest you to stop once a "serious" arc around episode 275 is hyped and never look back. it's going to be worse than bleach.

You new to Sup Forums? There are Gintama threads here regularly.

I don't understand why people complain how serious Gintama became and how it isn't fun anymore
Gintama has always been serious
you just haven't noticed because the war hadn't started yet
really, it's been serious since Takasugi had been introduced as the main villain and we got to Yoshiwara and the Harusame
it's been serious since we got to know Zura and Gintoki's history in the war

which reminds me that Gintama is on a recommended list together with Rick and Morty
the wacky story of a boy and his drug-addicted granddad in which they have wacky adventures
and sometimes people die

Gintoki tries to hide his emotional pain and has an alcohol problem together with lots of baggage from the time he killed his mentor
he gets followed around by two teens who consider him something like a dad, or at least a male rolemodel, something lacking in their lives
>Shinpachi's dad died at a young age and Kagura's was never around
Gintoki and Rick have quite some things in common
but at least Gintoki doesn't try to fuck everything

nah mate, > 90% of all of you are total newfags to me, as I started lurking back in spring 2005

Eh, it's not like the anime is worse just because it's adapting worse chapters though. The new director messed up adapting some manga jokes, and has mostly avoided original scenes.

In spite of the serious backstory the show was mostly a comedy with a few serious arcs here and there, which were all very fast paced and swift (aside from Yoshiwara's first arc in the anime). It's annoying now we get these really slow serious arcs one after another, even if it's to end the series.

like they could go back to comedy after the death of Isaburo and Shigeshige
that would have just been tasteless
like people complaining RIGHT NOW at this very moment in the MANGA that the comedy is gone
well, holy shit, people die, it's a war how the fuck do you want to insert comedy into this?
>at least Kagura and Kamui could make some lighthearted comedy of beating up old people
but that's because it's Kagura and kamui and because Son had no chance against those siblings

>just seen 99 eps
OP's still up for some wild ride.

The first 200 eps are pure gold.

are people even reading the manga or are people only watching the anime?

New chap when?

well
or wait for sunday

When does it end?

this year
but I am more interested in HOW it will end

Same. I also just want to watch Utsuro get beaten.

like said earlier, we have like weekly manga spoilers threads, so yeah - people do read it.

I'm an anime-fag myself tho

>weekly manga spoiler threads
which are stillbirths
nobody ever posts in those except two people and it's fucking depressing

on a scale of 1-100 how dumb was the Chidori captain?
first he had no idea that Mutsu was a Yato
then he decided to kill ALL the slaves
ALL of them, not even thinking about keeping the able bodied and young ones

and then mutsu being a Yato:
like, wouldn't she have been worth A LOT more than any other human or amanto?
with the whole endangered species thing going on, you'd think someone would be willing to pay a lot for a Yato

lurk for 2 years before posting, retard

Only a vocal minority think this.

Fuck off, newfag.

I want OkiKagu to happen
they could have beautiful and strong kids together,
this is too good to pass up;
do it Sorachi

this pairing is so right and wrong...

four years is the perfect age gap for a couple
I'd be more concerned about the dad
and the other dad in space
I don't think Kamui would mind