What are the worst protagonist?

Kirito and that guy in the OP

I clicked on this thread because Re Zero.

Shirou Emiya

The worst protagonist is the no-personality self-insert beta mc who all the girls fall for for no reason

This

bait on

this

This is not the best protagonist thread.

TFW NO RE ZERO EP TODAY

E, nandatte?

THE only thing I didn't hate about him was that he could hold a conversation like a normal man. A really rare trait in anime. Beyond that, I hated everything about him. In the first cour. In the second cour, he ended up becoming a personal favorite. His pride was always a defining trait of him, and seeing him be dragged through mud, having all his pride shattered was extremely satisfying as I hated him. Once it got to a certain point though, I felt a bit bad for him, and ended up rooting a bit. By having someone just support him, by not being a prideful fuck, he managed to become kind of cool.

Subaru is a great character.

christ, that episode

He is the Archbishop of Pride. That reaction is to be expected.

Guts

This motherfucker

Me

best grill but she's the main antagonist fucknon

When has destroying the world become an evil deed?

That's not meteora

I thought Subaru was a good protagonist. You're supposed to hate him for most of the show, so that when he has his monologue in ep 18, it makes it more meaningful that he knows he's a piece of shit and is gonna try and fix it

Was he a deconstruction of a Nice Guy?

He was a nice guy. Just kind of prideful and realistic. He did nice things, not because he can, because he wanted to be called a nice guy. Because he wanted to liked. That's just being realistic. Most people think that way. But he was also prideful, so he didn't just hope people will like him for being a nice guy, he EXPECTED them to.

There was no deconstruction. He was a typical "nice guy" /r9k/ poster.

So..?

That's where you're wrong kiddo.

It could be any number of protagonists desu

I bet you can't list even 3.

The worst of this season.

Don't you mean this cringe fuck

Kagome from Inuyasha. Kirito. Naruto. Luffy

how can people say Subaru is a bad character? sure hes an asshole but hes a well made character

does everyone hate on subaru so hard JUST because of episode 13-14? Sure dude flings spagett all over the nations elite and makes an ass of himself. Then fucks up big time by telling Em that "she owes him". But That is kind of the whole point, dude is losing his mind at this point and just has a breakdown. I mean not even death can end his suffering. His only option is to bash his head against the wall untill the cement cracks. metaphorically speaking. He more than makes up for it in later episodes by going full ABSOLUTE MADMAN

>does everyone hate on subaru so hard JUST because of episode 13-14?
I thought it was because he rejected shitty waifubait.

He's a terrible protagonist, the series he is in is bad.

He never explicitly REJECTED her, only her/his offer to run away and leave everyone else behind. He chose Emelia AND Rem. She is all for a harem end, and Em' is probably naive and sweet enough to go along with it. But then Rem was kill.

>He chose Emelia AND Rem.
>this is what reddit actually believes

Either they can't relate to him or they relate a bit too much to him.

I'v read a bit ahead in the LN. He does choose Emelia as his main wife but also is hoping to have Rem as a misstress. BUUUUT, Just as he was about to confess this to Emelia, Rem gets herself erased again, well, her memories and past. She still has her body this time, but its in a comatose state and only Subaru knows who she is.

being subaru is SUFFERING

>Harem end
2 girls would be polygamy end.

What about that cat-girl from team green?

Catboy loves the green-haired.

still technically a harem. We may as well count his daughterfu Betty but she isnt for lewds only hair sproings.

Crusch-sama also literally invited him into her "household". so He gets cake hitler and catgirl(male) too.

Also Roswaal, since he needs to see if Subaru can please Emilia properly. And Otto is basically already Subaru's fucktoy. Yup. Fuck off.

>half of subaru's harem is fuccbois

FUND IT.

Go away spic, there won't be harem no matter how much you want it.

I'm not even a messy-can? And I don't disagree, I just stated the fact that subaru wanted it that way. He probably wont get it tho. SUFFERING!

He wants Emilia and Rem, and only Rem wants him.

Are you implying Emelia doesn't? user she resembles their world's satan and was treated as such her entire life. She wants ANYONE to love her. She already likes him enough. Papa-Puck already approves. She is just very inexperienced in any sort of intimacy.

Satan literally did nothing wrong. Satella actually does fuck the world over.

that only reaffirms my point. Emelia is NOT (probably....maybe....) satella, yet was still treated like she was because racism and elves.

Around elves watch yourselves.

Virtually any harem lead is shit, so no need to post so many.

this

subaru is basically an autism trigger device

protagonist that's more boring than every other major character besides leorio. had to lose both his powers and goals so togashi could stall for time and rewrite him into someone more interesting.

So, Rem basically owns his track suit now, doesn't she?

I wish she would destroy my world and dick.

Why didn't Subaru just commit re:seppuku after fucking everything at the royal selection?

It doesn't work like that, Subaru tried killing himself to go back and save Rem and it reset him back moment right before he killed himself.

He didn't want to die?
Even if he did die, he last save was when he was cursed and Rem was fighting the Houndoom alone. Last time, his survival was a miraculous stroke of luck. Repeating that would not be easy.

I may gaive this another chance

All of that is from one single tantrum you idiot, a justified one at that! At every other moment he is almost painfully goodhearted.

first 3 episodes are legitimately hard to get through like most anime but it picks up after that.

Thank god! I was disappointed by everything after episode 18 due to a complete lack of suffering.

>He doesn´t read the LN
Enjoy anime-subaru

How does the checkpoint marker work?

The fuck? Those make up the best part.

He has no control over it, the witch of envy (Satella) does. She sets the checkpoints in relation to Emilia who is vital in reviving her or something.

The show is great till he gets to the mansion

Why don't you just fuck off to Sup Forums with superman and batman, totally no betanerds.

First arc, the first 3 episodes are good, the second arc, from episode 4 to 11/12 is okay at BEST. The second cour, from 13 till the end is the best. Completely worth watching the second arc for.

>from 13 till 18 is the best.
Ftfy

Something like that. In the Rem IF he's absolutely terrified of dying, because he knows it's not going to be the end. It's going to be the beginning of hell. He's never died yet in that story, and he sure as hell doesn't want to find out what happens when he does.

The best episodes are when Subaru is in deep despair or those when he snaps and goes full supreme gentleman.

Exactly, which is why everything from 19 and up is less exciting.

Episode 18 is shit if take out what follows. What effects it has. How he handles the situations when his pride isn't taking over him. The last part with Beetlejuice was a bit rushed, but it still had a lot of great moments. One of my personal favorites being the end of episode 23, when Beetlejuices gets Subaru dead. It had suffering in a new way, one that was still fresh, while the Julius and best girl Ferris also end up suffering. That was the first time we see someone else suffering because of Subaru's death and it was lovely. Even the voice acting the Stay Alive playing in background were perfect.

>That was the first time we see someone else suffering because of Subaru's death and it was lovely. Even the voice acting the Stay Alive playing in background were perfect.
After the anime ends in the WN there is a scene where Subaru has to watch what happens in the loops he dies in, personally its one of the highlights of the Arc.

Oh, and to make this perfectly clear, Satella still grabs his heart any time he refers to Return by Death. He's not free.

>Episode 18 is shit if take out what follows. What effects it has. How he handles the situations when his pride isn't taking over him
I'm aware, I just wished the following part was better. The whale fight was QUALITY and the Peter Juice part was rushed, as you say.

>After the anime ends in the WN there is a scene where Subaru has to watch what happens in the loops he dies in
What possibly happens if the loops continue*

So it's just a Genjutsu and not real?

Yes

In the LN Rem tricks Subaru into confessing to her by pretending to die after the Whale fight.

So much this.

Is this the endgame of tsundere?

I wouldn't say trick because those were his true feelings, if they didn't cut that scene the season would be a 10/10 instead of a 7/10

The tone of the story would be a bit different if they kept everything in.

That would be so out of character for both anime Rem and Subaru. It would be terrible.

Huh? How so? The fact that they cut that scene is the worst mistake they have ever done including the Al part.

It'd have worked if Rem weren't that much of a doormat and the anime didn't cut so many of her scenes.
>“He’d tried various methods to get her to leave her post already, but she’d even brought a chamber pot in with her.
>“Stare…”
>“What is it, Subaru? Those intense eyes are making this a little awkward…”
>“Stare…”
>“Y-you may not. Even if you look at me like an abandoned puppy, you may not.”
>“Stare…”
>“I-I promised Sister that I would fulfill my duties. So you may not.”
>The power of Subaru’s silent stare was backing Rem into a corner. She seemed increasingly agitated as she endured Subaru’s gaze, glancing back at him with reproach “incorrigible.”
>“…My goodness, Subaru, you really are incorrigible.”
>Rem’s halting murmur sounded like surrender, making Subaru lift up his face in the hope that his wish had been granted.
>“Then you’ll…”
>“No, you may not. Even so, I cannot permit you to pass, Subaru.”
>“Wait, what’s with the way you were talking just now?! It totally sounded like…”
>As Subaru chewed her out, Rem dodged his question and raised a finger.

I liked the WN version better, even if it was dependent on the Mayo chapters being included in the main story. Either way, the anime makes her look like more of a pushover.

>a missile is coming
>that fucking hilarious lack of a reaction when his friend is screaming and dies in front of him
>you are my enemy
>instead of trying to survive and help my friends let's point a gun at this mindbroken guy
>I need to get shot because MUH HIME died and I knew her for a week
>survives bullet that penetrated his skull
>gets robot eye and suffers 0 consequences in the long run
>nothing can be done without him
>his robot eye starts speaking
>only bit of personality he had were the eggs

He was the worst, his monotone voice was insufferable.

Imagine if he would get both eventually. The wish fulfillment will be so disgusting.

What are english?

I think Subaru is a good protagonist. I couldn't bring myself to do half of what he did.

Protagonist thread.
>posts antagonist