Take your average Cape comic premise and plot

>Take your average Cape comic premise and plot
>Turn it into an anime
>It becomes massively successful

Name ONE (1) other superhero-based anime that isn't a parody.

So when are we going to get a good X-men or Flash anime?

>play the entire themes straight in contrast to subversions like OPM
>introduce JoJo-tier pros and cons of powers
>mascot is a Superman rip-off, without being a mary sue, so you don´t care
>MC is a well-designed shonen hero, but is not a mary sue either
It´s a really well-made show. Decent plot, interesting worldbuilding and ARROMEITO best boy.

>weebs overhype mediocre shit because its Japanese

whats new?

Maybe Sup Forums should read some Cape Comics.

Comfy series desu

I like Izuku as a shounen hero. He's refreshing. Neither a hotblooded moron who eats a lot, nor an edgelord. An otaku with ambition and a good heart.

Why is Izuku so cool?

>Superman rip off
He is clearly based on Captain marvel you pleb

*Shazam
[muffled DCuck screaming in the distance]

And yet The Reflection get shit on although it is closer to classic capeshit, kinda makes you think

I will not allow anyone to insult the best 10 year old boy

Wow your taste is trash
kys normalfag

Because he's going to be the greatest Chad.

>MC becomes Chad
>All weebs reading it stop out of anger

This is the X-men anime.

>write superhero story
>replace every mention of 'superhero' with 'magical girl'

he became a chad like day 1 of ua

All the girls were on his dick, he made friends with the coolest kids in school, and is basically one of the most popular young heroes in the world. He was even voted class prez and turned it down, which is about 6000 times as cool as actually becoming class prez.

His pussy personality clashes heavily with how popular and respected he is from the very start.

All Might is literal shit compared to Captain Marvel.

>His pussy personality clashes heavily with how popular and respected he is from the very start.

How's that different from every other male anime lead character?

Hell, you literally just described Shinji.

was he the one going to public domain soon?

user is actually not entirely correct.
His pussy personality is pretty much nonexistent in recent chapters.
He's been exposed to so much tits and ass that he's become resistant to it.

>He's been exposed to so much tits and ass that he's become resistant to it.
Ochacuck just keeps getting btfo'ed

thats because the average capeshit comic premise doesnt exist anymore, its all convoluted impossible to follow bullshit, going back to vanilla feels fresh.

>doesnt exist anymore

It doesn't exist anymore because Marvel is more interested in pandering to shitskins and faggots.

Exactly, I don't feel BnHA has a great deal over capeshit, however, capeshit has become convulted with events and crossovers and years and years building into the mythos, while BnHA is a clean start.

>9 times out of 10 this is what casuals say when they make the excuse for why they don't read comics
>99% of comics you can easily find a good entree point or a "new reader friendly" issue as long as you know basic shit like who Batman is or what the Justice League are which everyone who grew up in the 90s already knows

You know DC just has a relaunch with dozens of number 1 issues right?

99% of comics is bullshit merry-go-round stories with no real stakes or feel of progression.No one's popular can die forever, nothing can be lost, nothing can be gained, everydevelopment can be erased. It's meaningless bullshit. Don't even campare to a proper story.

You just described shounen user.

You mean DBZ. Yup, DBZ sucks because of the same reasons.

And One Piece, Bleach and any remotely popular anime that is long running.

Nope, while Bleach is a clusterfuck of a story, One Piece has both a clear sense of progression towards the goal of finding One Piece and a risk of loss. While characters don't die there left and right, they can and they do occasionaly. And they are not retconned back to life after a while.

>Sense of progression
Read The Flash

I don't want to. I don't care about him as a character or his story. I care even less, because there's always a new Infinite Earth Crysis around the corner. I'd rather read my japanese superhero mango which I actually care about, or something like Transmetropolitan which plays fair as a story.

How many capeshit heroes had to earn their powers?

>I don't like comic books because they don't have progression
>Here is a comic book with progression
>I don't care about it
Well aren't you a little faggot.

One Piece is the most over-rated pile of shit this green earth has ever spewed forth.

See Wally West had to deal with being a slow faggot for 18 years before he actually managed to train himself to being anywhere near his mentor and eventually surpassed him.

Sure, and then if I pick up Batman eventually there will be a storyline that recquires me to read justice league, and a reinvention of old villians. The fact that it's still a shared universe tires me.

Well, it's not enough for a story to not be meaningless bullshit to be worth reading. For instance, most popular DC characters are basically gods, reading about their struggles is abolutely pointless een without knowing it can be all reseted in a few issues.

Nope. DC specifically stated that they are putting individual stories over synergy and it's been a year in and I still only read 3 comics without having to read others to understand what is happening.
>I don't care about a character I haven't read about
What? Of course you wouldn't yet. Read the comic and decide for yourself.

On the other hand, I've read self-contained comic books like Kick-Ass, Irredeemable, The Boys, shit like that. I don't hate comics, just don't think Boku is the same as reading X-Men.

Thank you for your opinion.

>Search Wally West
>See both a black and a white guy
>Progression

>All Might is the ripoff
>Not the kid who's power is literally a mix of Rock Lee and Younger Toguro from YYH

Cool, then maybe I'll check the relaunch user. Thanks for the tip.

And he eventually was replaced again by his mentor, negating his entire story.

See, I love cape comics, but the guy has a point.

>meaningless
All stories are meaningless outside of the entertainment you get from them. It's like saying Jojos part 1-6 are meaningless the universe rebooted for part 7.

>What? Of course you wouldn't yet. Read the comic and decide for yourself.
I know who Flash is, what he's capable of, what his rouge gallery looks like and it doesn't excite me that much.

DC had a jojo's style universe restart. Read the original white version

>I know who flash is
>Doesn't know there are 4 different Flashes
Which one doesn't excite you? I bet you one of them will. Wally West is pretty much written like an anime character. If you liked Deku you would probably like Wally.

>If you liked Deku you would probably like Wally.
Which one?

That's a really simplified view on stories, but we're not discussing philosophy here.

Jojo's reboot is nothing like DC/Marvel constant reboots, retcons and reimaginings of the same characters and same plots.

>Doesn't know there are 4 different Flashes
And I also don't know about multiple Batmans and Green Lanterns. And that every one of those multiple chracers has like four mour reimaginings each. Piss off.

White Wally. See His comic reads like a shounen.
>jojo's reboots is nothing like DC reboots
DC only ever had one Reboot just like Jojos and just like DC jojos actually has a lot of retcons. I am still pissed about Josuke going back in time to push his own car being retconned.

>Admits he doesn't know what he is talking about
>Still tries to make excuses
It is no harder to find comics to read than it is manga so just take 5 minutes out of your day, jesus user.

What the fuck

I tried ignoring this show for the longest time but it kept popping up, its fucking everywhere and i refused to watch it because so many people were going bonkers about it

So I finally broke down and watched the first two episodes and I cried at the end of it.
Not alot but like 2 tears going down my face
I havent cried in at least a year
Is something wrong with me? what the fuck

BnHA doesn't have the disadvantage of other capeshit of having multiple writers taking responsibility of changing beloved characters, disregarding the original creator's intentions.

That is only true for big DC/Marvel heroes. You still have many self contained stories like Sandman or Swamp thing which haven't been ruined.

>DC only ever had one Reboot just like Jojos and just like DC jojos actually has a lot of retcons. I am still pissed about Josuke going back in time to push his own car being retconned.
Sure, okay. Retconning that werid subplot is totaly on level of constantly dropping all the dead characters into a Lazarus Pit, which renders every conflict completely meaningless.

>Admits he doesn't know what he is talking about
Man, I'm not a comic geek, I'm a manga geek. I don't know the specific number of alternative versions of every DC character, because I don't care about them that much.

That's what a good story does to a living human being.

Is a superhero school that common a premise in western comics? The closest thing I can think of is that Sky High movie.

And it's a real shame they're not the norm.

>Future Josuke meme
The flashback was made from Koichi's perspective, why wouldn't he think the guy who josuke modeled himself after look like josuke

>I have no interest in these characters I know nothing about even though many of them are very well loved and well written because they aren't made by a slant eyed man
Also you read comic runs. Being mad that some random person 30 years later made a bad comic would be like hating the original Dragon Ball because of the shit that happened in GT or Super.

>Man was clearly beat up
>Man came out of no where
>Obvious foreshadowing
You are retarded if you don't think it was him.

You were not even born when most of capeshit heroes were created, you only have read other people interpretation of them.

The reflection or whatever the fuck that new DEEN show is called

Why wouldn't a delinquent be beat up? Also it wouldn't add much to story if it was josuke, its better for the guy to be a role model for josuke than josuke himself

The aesthetic and the actual storytelling is quite different even though the premise may be similar.

>Also you read comic runs.
Sure, when it's all the same shit all over again every time, you read comic runs, because that mkes sense. But it doesn't make the whole practive of having a milliom people trying to tell a million stories about the kinda sameish kinda not character any better.

would be better if All Might was the mc
nobody cares about deku

That's not Dragon Ball.

That means you should stop reading around chapter 100. His ending is perfect too.

It means you have a heart user. Deku is an emotional kid and if you happen to be more of an emotional person its easy to feel for him.
Also those first 2 episodes are emotional roller coasters which is a little unfair.

No. All Might is great as a support character. It allows to tell his story better.

You couldn't be more wrong. All this show is about is seeing Deku succeed. If you took that out you'd lose the majority of your audience.

Now that the dust has settled, I think I'm shipping BakTsu

>You can't read comics unless they came out this year
Do you only watch seasonal anime?

I like it because it means the good stories spring up and connect while the bad ones are forgotten.

>being this critical incapable
Stay pleb

Flash is pretty much an anime right now

>gloriously dickish villain
>ridiculous power spikes handwaved by magic bullshit
>villain of the week with ridiculously contrived gimmick
>bland protagonist with generic tragic backstory who defeats the villain through the power of friendship
>regular jobbing from the protagonist until final showdown

Professor ZOOM was DIO before DIO was created and he is better at it too.

Reverse Flash is literally the only salvageable thing about the Flash franchise

>Not Grodd or The Rogues or Wally

Wally will never be the main Flash again so he's back to C-List, Grodd hasn't had a memorable appearance in years, and the Rogues just become lazy pastiches of whatever the TV show is doing

I dropped the manga after Deku straight up obliterated the guy who killed the asshole shota's parents. Say what you will about capeshit, at least that doesn't happen.

>cape comics
>plot

It's the perfect blend of Yamato Damashii + Western Self Sacrificial Heroism

Lots of plot.

This show is just Japanese X-men, prove me wrong.

Wasn't the Xmen cartoon really popular in japan?

So when will Deku's latent chadtastic abilities come into play?

What do you have against Tsuyu?

>play the entire theme straight, doing nothing nothing different and interesting
>introduce regular superhero powers
>mascot is a Superman rip-off, but only this time he has weaknesses! (like superman)
>MC plays it safe by being a generic and bland shounen hero with boring powers

Wow you've convinced me.

>>Take your average Cape comic premise and plot

>modern comic books
>having good premises and plots

>that pic
>was abolished 3 years ago

Marvel took it back man. just don't read """"America"""" and you'll be fine

>Pros and cons of powers
>You can make explosions. When it's cold you're supposed to be weak but nevermind you're still good
>You break your bones if you use this strength/speed steroid. Here have a generic aura that nullifies it
>You have to use ice and fire together