So outright banning guns in America isn't going to happen...

So outright banning guns in America isn't going to happen. They aren't going to take all 300 million of the guns out there away and the people aren't going to give them up. Harsh restrictions like they have in Europe aren't going to work either, it will be met with a lot of resistance and be hard to enforce. Despite that, there is a flaw in our system and there does need to be a bit more control over purchasing firearms. I have been thinking about this and I think I came up with a few good ideas.

1) Require a license similar to a CCL in order to purchase any type of gun. You have to go to the CCL course, take a test and pass a range test, then renew it every few years with a fee and a range test. This will weed out a lot of spur of the moment psychos that can simply walk into a store right now, get a gun and then go through with their revenge plan or whatever. A CCL carrier is statistically very unlikely to instigate violence first or use their weapon to commit a crime, which I think is attributed to having to go through the course and proving they can be safe with a firearm. Included in the exam could be a simple questionnaire in regards to the persons mental state, like asking how they handle stress or what they would do in a certain situation. This plus the licencing agent's feel for the person could be used to determine their eligibility in getting the license. If the Florida shooter, or the dipshit in Texas that shot up a Church had to go through this and just talk to someone for a few minutes, they could probably determine they shouldn't have a gun. Once they're denied, they can go through some appeal processes, which is going to further detract someone that is just getting the gun to go shoot up their former bullies or whatever, it's a lot of work and they'll probably give up and move on, or try some less effective method to cause harm.

Other urls found in this thread:

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

your ideas are shit and move your ass to europe you commie pinko shit

SHALL

Fuck off liberal

Sometimes the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots.

I hope I get to see the say the compromise traitor republicans get tossed into the sea to float away on a barge of leftist corpses.

BE

CLOSED MINDED

We're just going to ban the bullets lol. We've known how to disarm you jackasses since Obama's day, now we just have to wait for Drumpf to leave and fuck up Congress so hard on the way out that we have a permanent blue majority. Fire off the nuclear option in the Senate and we'll make sure the only thing left to fire from your "arsenal" is airsoft pellets. Get rekt cultists.

Read the sticky.

>just ban shit you can make yourself
lmao

Before I support any bill, I want to know exactly what problem you are attempting to solve.

If it's the current crop of spree killings with long rifles...

> You have to go to the CCL course, take a test and pass a range test, then renew it every few years with a fee and a range test.

Southerland Springs shooter, Vegas shooter, and the Parkland shooter all purchased their weapons long before they committed their crimes. They would have passed their competency tests as well.

> . A CCL carrier is statistically very unlikely to instigate violence first or use their weapon to commit a crime
Jesus, bro. The CCL doesn't magically turn someone into a paragon of virtue. Correlation vs causation. CCLs are correlated with low crime because people who go through CHLs tend to be honest folk interested in complying with the law.

> This plus the licencing agent's feel for the person could be used to determine their eligibility in getting the license.
That's May Issue. It will be abused in liberal counties and cities. If you must do this, consider either using a questionnaire or having a state licensed psychologist who can provide exact reasoning for their denials.

>You have to go to the CCL course, take a test and pass a range test,
All I had to do was pass a background check for mine.

>gubmint regulates guns for our safety so I don't need one
>help gubmint we tried to tell you about crazy joe!
>how can we protect ourselves if the gubmint won't do it?

People are finally realizing the government isn't as all knowing and powerful as they say. The curtain has fallen, the laws will mean virtually nothing overnight.

Fuck off and stay gone. If you want to stop the shootings look towards reforming the way mental health is handled and stabilizing the nuclear family.

NOT

Enjoy your felony charges. There aren't 300 million reloading machines and private brass and lead mines shitbird.

BE

Oregon already passed a gun control bill over night due to this.

>This plus the licencing agent's feel for the person could be used to determine their eligibility in getting the license.

You're retarded.

Watch those state shrinks get infiltrated by progressives in a goddamn heartbeat.

>Despite that, there is a flaw in our system and there does need to be a bit more control over purchasing firearms. I have been thinking about this and I think I came up with a few good ideas.

Fuck off and gas yourself.

match heads = primers

any easily manufactured small metal container = case

scrap lead = bullets

shit, piss, and gardening supplies = gunpowder

what did I miss?

INFRINGED

Supreme Court's probably going to slap your shit down. The 2nd states "Arms", not "Guns". Ammunition is an essential part of an "Arm".

>banning shitbag domestic abusers from having guns
>a bad thing

Please kys

Eurofag here, how did the 19 year old even get a gun? I thought you had to be 21 in the states to have any fun whatsoever

good post glad someone pointed out the correlation causation problem. that was pants on head

>More restrictions that won't do anything

18 for rifles, 21 for handguns.

This is because there are like thirty homicides with handguns for every one rifle homicide.

SWAT kicking down your fucking door and me cheering as you get dragged off crying.

Yeah, but since they work for the state, their documentation will have to be public. Short of going Shall Issue, which apparently works fine in most states, that's the best I can think of.

Eat a dick you left wing parasite

He'll just mention that his numerous friends in the senate will ignore the SCOTUS. His implications of how sweeping his legislation will be over state governments implies he must be well connected.

>swat doing anything high risk

LMAO gl

makes sense, thanks.

300 million is just an estimate, the number is far, far higher and the Deep State is on course to find-out what "Behind Every Blade of Grass" actually means

And how would the government know about what ammunition I have? Have you ever heard about the prohibition?

Media Matters pay you in sheckles, or blow jobs?

I don't have to justify my rights to anyone.
A couple of dead kids is not a reason to strip citizens of their God given rights.

>Despite that, there is a flaw in our system and there does need to be a bit more control over purchasing firearms.

Stop feeding him (you)s. He's a teenager out from school because his parents phoned in that he felt to scared to go to class today.

Fuck off with your shitty bait you stinking commie faggot. I'm not going let people tell me what I can and can't own when they steal money from me on a yearly basis.

and what does this do about crime? Because gangbangers don't have guns already? Because criminals wont be able to get guns? Not like they can steal them right, or make them for that matter?
So your solution is to penalize the good people while bad people run around not following laws. All the more while making it harder and cost more in order for good people to get guns when they potentially need them. Example a woman is being stalked by a dangerous ex boyfriend. She could get a gun but now she has to take time to get off work that shes bearly getting by to get a licence. Wait months and then save up enough money to buy a gun. All before the dangerous guy snaps. Police show up after the fact.

Is there even anything TO blow?

I almost kind of want this in a way, maybe it would be easier to get NFA items on the cheap.

There should be a "no fly" list for guns.
If you are a suspicious individual you go on the list get your right revoked.

>a bit more control over purchasing firearms
More government control over an inalienable right. How about pic related.

I don't have land. I enjoy training with my guns, not just having them.

Or full autos. If everything is illegal, I'm gettin me a gat with a giggle switch.
No reason not to at that point.

There should be a "no fly" list for internet access.
If you are suspiciously stupid, (you) go on the list get your right revoked.

>i support disarmament
I'd say got to but I don't want you shitting up my other board

I don’t care anymore. Bait or no if there’s even the slightest chance that maybe I can genuinely get through to someone, maybe the idiocy will stop.

Is there a trap in that suit? :3c

>Harsh restrictions like they have in Europe aren't going to work either, it will be met with a lot of resistance and be hard to enforce.

And unless they start going from house to house, searching every car and garden shed from top to bottom, tagging every single gun and forcing the owner to register it no piece of legislation, no matter how lax or draconian, can ever change anything. 300 million guns aren't going to go away ever. Even if purchasing, trading or gifting guns was illegal tomorrow we'd still have a barrel behind every blade of grass.

Reported to fbi

There should be a "no fly" list for speech.
If you have supicious ideas you go on the list get your rights revoked.

Uh, drones? Helicopters? Concerned patriots calling the police on your reckless ass?

Stop, I can only get so erect

So you're okay with a police state as long as you can be in charge of it.

The prog left, everyone.

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385

>Drones in my basement?! It’s more unlikely than you think!

> Drones
> Helicoptors
> Predators and Blackhawks scouring 300,000,000 people daily because they might be making ammo

> Concerned Patriots
For who? Beijing or Moscow?

Fuck the mods. I don't appreciate low brow discourse with people who think the Spanish aren't white

>that wonderful feel when manpad in basement
Brought it back from thailand in a shipping container.

the spanish are not white.

what board did this shitty thread even come from, k?

You people are unbelievably retarded.

What the fuck is a license going to do to stop shootings?

We honestly need to start institutionalizing you retards.

Wow you guys sure are bitter close-minded dipshits. "OMG HE OFFERED ANY FORM OF TRYING TO MAKE GUNS LESS EASY FOR MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE TO BUY, FREAK THE FUCK OUT REEEE!"

No, I am not a leftist, I don't want guns to get banned, I am not advocating any type of heavy restriction either. This is pretty fucking minor really, all it does is add a few hours and maybe $100 extra to the gun purchasing process and weeds out the less serious gun owners. As it stands, any dipshit can go and buy 30 guns right now with a background check, that's all. If you applied any type of resistance to this Florida kid getting a gun, he wouldn't have one.

Yes, criminals will still find a way to get guns, there are still guns in countries with gun bans, but they have less gun violence obviously. Maybe a psyche questionnaire isn't all that plausible, or putting all the power in the licencing agency in getting a license based on their "feel". It's very susceptible to corruption and "leftism", so we can do away with that. fine.

drones and helicopters, crashing through your roof

>my laws aren't actually going to stop shootings
>pass them anyway
>i'm not a leftist tho, pls believe me

You people belong in rubber rooms.

neither you nor the government are the moral arbiters of the universe, and therefore have no natural right to tell any other individual what they can and cannot own. you're not god. you're not special.

Good idea, and we should also have to have an IQ test to vote, so that nobody with nigger tier retardation gets a say. Oh, and since we are going to be charging a fee to exercise your constitutional right, only landowners who pay a fee should get to vote.
I have noticed lots of dumbasses running their mouths also, you also should buy a "free speech" license, of course after passing the "free speech IQ test"

Keep your shit off our board to begin with and you won't have to worry about it getting moved back and 404ing one of your shitty eceleb threads.

I don't care about your autistic raging, here's more ideas.

2)Increase the age of buying all guns to 21. I trust a 21 year old more than an 18 year old, even if its just 3 years. The Florida mongrel would have had more time to be less of a brooding faggot and probably be distracted by other things in life than still be bitter about his high school bullying and shoot them up. 18 year olds are dipshits, they don't deserve to have guns just like they don't deserve unfettered purchasing of alcohol or gambling.

3) Require the license to buy ammo. All you need to do is renew the license every few years and pass a range test, but to prevent people from getting it once, buying their guns and then not renewing it, make it a requirement to buy ammo online or in stores. Yes, they can load ammo themselves, but someone who isn't serious about firearms isn't likely going to put the money or time into it, as opposed to just going to walmart and buying a few bricks of .223 whenever you want. Yes, they can stock up before the license needs to be renewed, but that brings us back to the point of making spur of the moment purchases less likely and stopping people from making bad decisions due to easy availability.

3) Have the license revoked due to any violence-related misdemeanor, felony etc etc... They already have this, but even someone with a felony can go buy ammo. Put forth a little bit of resistance and a lot of crime stops. Not all crime, no, that's impossible, but adding just some resistance to the purchase of these things will discourage a lot of people. Think about shit you would have done but didn't due to something minor making it less easy. You wanted a cheese steak, but there was a long line for it, so you went somewhere with a shorter line. You wanted the cheesesteak, but it required a little more work so you went down the easier path.

No gun grabber in the history of the universe has ever been able to explain how a license is going to prevent a mass shooting.

You really are all monkeys just throwing shit at the wall hoping something sticks. It's pathetic to watch.

The entire point of all this is just making owning such a powerful tool require a bit more work and dedication. You guys may not think so but ease of access is why these shootings happen so much here. A lot of these shooters did have a plan, but part of that plan included the ease of getting guns and ammo. If they had been met with just a little bit more money and required more time, I bet half of them wouldn't have happened. The columbine kids were going to shoot that school up no matter what, they went through a lot of different means to get it done, but I bet Cruz, Mercer and the Aurora movie theater shooter would have been discouraged with just a little bit of resistance. There would have been more time and more eyes on what they were doing before it could happen. You aren't going to stop psychos from being psycho, but most of the shit they do is spur of the moment, or triggered by something in the moment and leads to crazy shit.

No one cares about your retarded copypasta.

You aren't getting gun control. Get over it.

Then why does it happen here so much? I don't want to hear "THEY FIND A WAY IN OTHER COUNTRIES STILL!" They don't, they have less lethal attacks less frequently. I think its due to ease of access, but lets hear your thoughts on it.

Or just continue to insult and look like a dipshit.

Good I hope you get fucking shot then by some psycho you ran into at work on accident, was really mad about it in the moment and decided to go buy a gun and shoot you that same day. You won't be so staunch about your rights then will you?

See, the problem with your suggestions. They do an awful lot of infringing. So I'm going to have to say, no.I
In fact, I bet things would be better served if restrictions were lifted.
Pic related... Its (you)

Or school children!

That is statistically unlikely.

If you're this irrationally scared of the people around you, I recommend having yourself committed. Society clearly isn't your thing.

They really aren't that infringing. The only "discrimination" is related to age. It isn't an infringement of rights to require a license to buy a bullet. Are your rights infringed because you can't buy any prescription you want unless it's prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner? Bet you're fine with that, but when it comes to a gun you throw a fucking fit even though it's just as dangerous and to more people than just yourself.

Or dindus..

because dindus commit 56% of US homicides and are 60% of victims...

Just saying...

If they are gonna swing from the trees at least the blood can water it as well

Look I own guns, I shoot them regularly, I carry. At no point have I advocated for a ban on guns, I don't want guns being "grabbed", I like my guns. I think making it a little bit more difficult to buy guns would be a good thing. I don't trust most people and for good reason. We are dumb as fuck, petty and easily resort to violence. We are a nation built on fear, and we've been taught that fear can easily be assuaged with a gun and some bullets. It's fucked up.

Common sense gun control isn't taking your fucking guns, shut the fuck up.

>Common sense gun control isn't blah blah blah

I'll tell you what it is. It's a subjective, implicit, pathos driven buzzword that trisomy 21 victims like you love to use, reuse, misuse and abuse to gain the attention of other drooling, sacks of cells.

None of "your" ideas are going to work and it's your fault. You're a faggot ass little bitch that thinks checking a name off on a ballet will solve all your problems instead of going out and making the changes you want, too impotent for that.

Keep clicking away keyboard coybow.

Prescribed by a medical practicioner is not the same thing at all. Medications do very specific things, a doctor needs yo over see that. Have you ever seen a pill book? Thing is huge.
There arent nearly as many different types of ammo.
I think we can handle that. And by the way, forcing anyone to get a license for anything, is an infringment. Do you not know what the word means?

Of course they're an infringement you fucking mongoloid.

Is no one going to mention that the first half of this thread is devoid of flags or ID's?

lurk more

>confiscating guns from a country that has twice as many guns as people
>a country where 190k guns get stolen from cops per year

Leftists are fucking retarded, the problem isn't even the guns. China has a gun ban yet crazy fuckers still sneak into elementary schools with knives and go HAM all over the children there before they're put down. And China is a racially homogeneous nation.

>unknown flags

WHAT IS GOING ON

It was moved from another board.

It happens here so much because we have guns here.

The guns aren't going away, laws or not. You're only hurting law abiding persons when you restrict them with legislation.

I won't be, because I have a gun to protect myself :^)

Good I hope your wife gets raped and by a stalker who's been following her for days while she's waiting for a mandatory period on a gun transfer for self defense while you're away. You won't be so staunch about restricting rights then will you?

Over the last 50 years tough guy action cuckture has been promoted.
There is your answer.
But fun fact, the deadliest school killing was in the 1920s over 40 people died iirc

What happens when the shorter line for the cheesesteak is the enormous underground black market you've just created for firearms?