Christian general -- can papists defend their heresies??

Atheists stay out.

Salvation through faith alone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V8xZTVKx0Dc
youtu.be/dPqSelVJvoA
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c3a2.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

God is great

This

Verses proving salvation to anyone that believes and not of works.
youtu.be/V8xZTVKx0Dc

John
1:12
3:15-16/18/36
4:14(John 6:35)
5:24
6:28-29/35/38-40/44-45/47
7:38-39
8:24
10:27-29
11:25-27/40
12:46
14:1-3
16:27
20:31

Matthew
5:19
7:21-23(John 6:38-40)
8:10-13
12:37
21:31-32

Mark
1:15
2:5
10:24-25
16:16

Luke
3:3(Acts 19:4)
5:20
7:50
8:12
18:10-14/40-42
23:40-43

Acts
2:21
10:43
11:16-17
13:38-39/48
15:7-9
16:30-31
19:4(Luke 3:3)
26:18

Romans
1:16-17
3:20/22/24-28/30
4:2-14/16/24
5:1/15-18
6:23
8:24
9:30-33
10:3-4/9-10/13
11:6

1 Corinthians
1:14/17
3:14-15
15:1-2

2 Corinthians
4:13-14

1 Thessalonians
4:14

2 Thessalonians
1:10
2:12

Ephesians
1:13-14
2:8-9
4:7

Galatians
2:16/21
3:6-11/14/21-22/24/26
5:3-6

Philippians
3:3/9

Titus
3:5

1 Timothy
1:16

2 Timothy
1:9
3:15

Hebrews
4:3
10:38-39
11:7

1 Peter
1:3-5/8-9
2:6
3:21(Colossians 2:12)

1 John
4:2-3/15
5:1/4-5/10-11/13

Revelation
2:11/26
3:5/20-21
21:7/27

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

>in b4 Father's will is do works
John 6
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

>in b4 James 2
youtu.be/dPqSelVJvoA

This all sounds very familiar!

>The issue is that Catholics are not Christians; that you are a fallen, lost, degraded and depraved heretic
The general definition of Christian are "person who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ". This here lies in issue as people claim different things about what Jesus said so the definition is both "person who follows what they claim to be the teachings of Jesus Christ" and "person who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ". Catholics follow both aspects however:

1. They obviously CLAIM to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. This iis in the catechism.
2. The Catholic Church has an extensive recorded history of its Christian heritage and evidence for its views from the early church period and onward. It acknowledges in the seat of Saint Peter its authority as opposed to the Orthodox and doesn't make as blatant as innovation as Sola Scriptura as Protestants do. So all other major denominations would be in the wrong.

>and that anyone who looks to you for advice becomes twice the scion of hell as they were before.

This is a massive generalization of many people and how they take advice.

>And no, you are not saved, because a) you do not know how you were saved, and b) you do not know how to become saved.

It works like this:
What literally does the saving is grace.
>Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men
You accept grace by faith.
>Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
You perfect your faith via works.
>James 2:22 Thou seest that faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect;
You never "claim" grace as there is no earning grace through works.
>Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
The Catholic Church's official statement on justification is here:
vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c3a2.htm

Whoops
was a response to

cuckolicks literally got rid of the commandment to not make graven images

Do you believe that a secular study of Christian culture is necessary to grasp what the modern education culture is?

Literally nothing good ever came out of middle east. Fuck you. All of you are niggers. Jews mudslims and christians. You're all a bunch of niggers believing in something fucking sandNIGGERS invented 2000 years ago. Are you fucking retarded?

>makes it a Christian General rather than a Catholic one
>immediately starts kicking out sinners in most need of help and trying to tear others down

So what of James 2:24 anyway?

see

Titus 3:5: "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost."

So much for your works, huh?

>Be a piece of shit that only do evil
>Mulder, rape, steal, pedophilia
>I believe in God, so I go to heaven XDDD
Christianity is a meme

This Pope is the anti Pope
The last one was couped by the (((CIA)))
This one is a kike himself

The thief on the cross actually proves that this doctrine is true. He was literally mocking Christ while hanging on the cross, then repented -- probably through just hearing Jesus speak.

But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Why not a Christian study of Christian culture, lad? Anyhow, I do believe it is necessary because things like homeschooling amongst families of believers is looking increasingly like a good choice to have, if not a good choice to make. And private Christian schools are some of the best.

Your vision of christianity is a meme , you repent thus you change and are reborn your former life does not exist anymore.

>hour long video
Make your own argument
No...?
Did you read what I wrote?
I said "You never "claim" grace as there is no earning grace through works.". Works don't earn grace or in themselves receive grace but through works we temper our faith for IT (faith) to accept grace.

James 2:22 Thou seest that faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect;

>Protestants start a justification debate with Catholics
>don't even know the Catholic position

if you love the father, you won't want do those things anymore

anyone can be saved even those who have murdered or raped or done evil, but you can't be saved if you still love doing those things, the love of the father won't be in you, you have to turn away from evil

It's not believing a premise to be true but repenting of your misdeeds. Your view is actually the meme, user.

I'm not speaking of a study of Christian faith, but of its culture. A culture that, despite its relative secularity, is what western thought was steeped in for ~2000 years

the murderer mocked christ , the thief was righteous and nice to jesus according jewish law he was righteous enough for heaven

>you're not saved by works, you're saved by grace but to get the grace you need to do works.

Okay, sure, but you're diverging from what most Catholics believe. Whenever there's a Catholic on here, they tell a different salvation story every time.

I honestly don't think that works will bring about faith for grace, that's nonsensical. Normally, works follow faith, not the other way around.

You two are literally saying the same thing. Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and you will be saved. It's better if you actually try to follow in his footsteps but that alone can't save you. Why argue about this!?

True.

In one of the gospels it's clear that both of them originally were mocking Jesus, but in one gospel we learn that he must have changed his mind at the end and repented.

I'm simply confused by his very strange beliefs...

You don't even actually know your Bible do you?

>Eucharist
"23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus, the same night in which he was betrayed, took bread, 24 And giving thanks, broke and said: Take ye and eat: This is my body, which shall be delivered for you. This do for the commemoration of me. 25 In like manner also the chalice, after he had supped, saying: This chalice is the new testament in my blood. This do ye, as often as you shall drink, for the commemoration of me. 26 For as often as you shall eat this bread and drink the chalice, you shall shew the death of the Lord, until he come. 27 Therefore, whosoever shall eat this bread, or drink the chalice of the Lord unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and of the blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man prove himself: and so let him eat of that bread and drink of the chalice. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily eateth and drinketh judgment to himself, not discerning the body of the Lord."
>absolution of sins
21 He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you. 22 When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost. 23 Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them: and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.
>Church Councils determining Official Orthodox Theology and not Personal Interpretation
Please see the literal first Church Council, The Council of Jerusalem. It is what allowed you and I to join the Church because of its proclamation that Gentiles and not only Jews can join the Church!

What do you mean?

only the devil repays evil with evil, jesus says to defeat evil with good

that should let you know who wrote the law in your meme, the god of this world, the devil

if you can't see the devil's lies in our bible, then you are being misled by him

He means that he's autistic

i didnt thought that he was a fanatic.

the only bringer of death is the devil, don't worship death, it is the devil

the father of jesus is only life

>Salvation
Luciferian concept

It seems that a secular study often means that materials are not written by orthodox ( Sup Forums style ) Christians. Here, as an example, in the United States most university classes on Christianity don't mention Christian culture and lifestyles of strong families, emphasising the marriage bong of wedlock, which is a cornertone of any successful religion, and especially Christian religion, but instead these univeristy classes focus on the doctrines of believing that Christ is God and that Christ is important which is of course valuable, but because those classes are secular they'll stay away from things that might rock their Politically Incorrect worldview. They don't want to know about how Christians used to view divorcees, because these secular types are rather permissive with their views on divorce.

All I'm saying is that it's worthwhile to check where the materials from such a study are coming from, and make sure that they would be Sup Forums approved and not some sugary stuff that avoids hard questions about the negative aspects of increasing secularism, because in fact that's a big reason why modern Christians act the way they do to education.

protestants aren't christians

how else would they covet thy neighbours son

Why are whites still worshiping this Jew death god cult?

Humz i never even read that ... weird

>43He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God. 44The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.

I broke it down here seems to be hard for you to understand.
>Okay, sure, but you're diverging from what most Catholics believe.
I'm citing literally the Catholic Church position. Do you want to debate with what Catholicism is or do you want to debate with layperson mixed up beliefs about Catholicism?
You are justified by faith and works. Works do not follow faith. The grace of God works in us to both desire and work towards righteousness (phil 2:13).

Did protties get /Catholic/ shoah'd because of their shit flinging only to make /christian/ just to shit fling more? Pathetic. Come home, European man. Come back to Christ's Church which has stood against Hell for over 2000 years.

LOL

Witnessed.

---------------

Hey guise, nice pagan based semitic religion you have there, original material, amirite?

Swede, you tricked me!
I thought it was a Catholic General!!!

if you think jesus would send a flood to kill everyone, you are mistaken

if you think jesus would kill everyone who is sinful like in revelations, you are mistaken

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

John 10:10 The thief [the devil] cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

only the devil kills, death is only from the devil, attribute only life to the father of jesus

>jesus
>send flood

I'm no expert on skydaddyism, but isn't Jesus, you know, not the guy who sends floods?

The Man of Sin

>1Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

>And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Jesus literally burning evil

If you say one million times that salvation comes through belief, and then you say one time only that belief produces work otherwise it is not real belief... but you say that just once...

Then, if what you say is true it is obviously that works are a requirement to salvation although belief is important.

But if you wanted to be "Christian" instead of "Jew" about it you'd focus on the definition of "works". That's the only way of your prottie points to stand.

Anyway, the point is not scripture, it is your faulty logics. Protestantism is not a religious question; it is more of a mental one. And that is sad.

By the way, if your little denomination (whatever it is) is so swell, why are you defending all protties?
There are so crazy prottie things coming from Brazil that even you wouldn't defend...

Protties, protties...

>I'm no expert on skydaddyism, but isn't Jesus, you know, not the guy who sends floods?
You're only trolling protties at this point. Figures gaythiests liked to play in the kiddie pool. Talk to a Catholic or Orthodox apologetic and stop grabbing low hanging fruit.

KIKE
ON
A
PIKE

>ON
>A
>PIKE
Found the Jehovah's Witness

people today believe that Yahweh is Jesus' father, Yahweh murdered everyone on the earth with a flood, Yahweh killed innocent Egyptians in Exodus, Yahweh empowered the Israelites to murder everyone in Canaan and steal their land.

Such acts are ungodly or Jesus is a liar according to mainstream "christianity."

They left out the best part of Zoroastrianism when they donut-stole from it - the rich demonology.
Still a lot of "christians" who think the demons and their names are from the Bible for some reason though, lel.

I'm for real. Jesus is supposed to be a separate entity from the Authority, right?
Created by the Authority, and a part of him, but not the whole thing, a separate entity, the son, etc.
So Jesus doesn't send flood, his metaphorical or literal dad does, the Authority.

And made the topic of the thread the justification shitflinging. Now I responded to them and they aren't getting back.
Also showed that they didn't even understand the Catholic position.

Dude, are you for works or against?

Undercover Jesuit detected.

Swede, how does that verse make any of your points?

So before the heebs came up with the bible, did everyone go to hell by default?

Why are Protestants trying to try and divide Christianity? Truly Catholic and Orthodox are the good branches.
>le pope_washing_feet.png

Why do you speak English, lad? Trying to make some money off of the people for which you have an instense dislike?

The similarities with many other pagan religions are also uncanny, to be christian is to be wildly ignorant.

Faith is completed through works

>catholic and orthodox
What are those? I think you are talking about some kind of heresies that exist in the far flung corners of Europe, right?

No.

wut

Sometimes, lad. What's your religion?

Most protties believe that if they can "believe" in Jesus as in when you say to a child "believe that tommorow will be better and there's always tomorrow"...

Most protties believe that if they clinch their fists and believe with so much strength that they fart, they win a ticket to heaven...

Can somebody explain reasoning of catholics to me? They seem to be only denomination that salvation dosent come from jesus but church.
Im agnostic myself.

Spiritual death, yes the father of lies, Satan. But for physical death and physical life that is different.

"Then Job rose up, and rent his garments, and having shaven his head fell down upon the ground and worshipped, And said: Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away: as it hath pleased the Lord so is it done: blessed be the name of the Lord. In all these things Job sinned not by his lips, nor spoke he any foolish thing against God."
Job 1:20-22

You had the traditional christian dressing up as monsters to scare away evil spirits festival too, right amigo?

>talking about some kind of heresies

the first step is to discern, using the holy spirit, which parts of the bible are lies of the devil

John 10:10 The thief [the devil] cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

>DESTROY with the brightness of his coming

>he as God sitteth in the temple of God
It can be especially unnerving to realize that the devil is sitting in the temple of God as the devil is worshiped every Sunday in every purportedly christian church in the world

Why aren't you Christian with that beautiful Christian flag you have, Fin.-lad?

Muh nigga... in Christ.

The village where my father came from celebrated the "diablucos" wherein people would dress as devils.

Just like Jesus recommended.

absolutely wrong

First, the only god is called Father, not authority
Second, only the devil comes to destroy, so the Father would not ever send a flood to kill us

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
John 10:10

Christ is in out midst

The One True and Holy Apostolic Church will remain as your shitty and false """non-denominational""" pseudo-diabolical screechfests will have empty modern churches and female pastors.

the similarity of modern christianity with paganism should show you that the devil's worship has seeped into most churches who purportedly worship christ

the devil is standing where god should be, else Jesus is a liar

I'm using Authority, as to be more inclusive. Not sure of all sects and cults accept the father-son thing.
And if the Authority didn't flood the land, and wouldn't ever kill anyone, then who is killing people in the Bible and stories? Someone is. And the Authority cant, or would not, prevent it. How come? Is there someone stringer? Is he outmaneuvering the Authority? Does the Authority not care?

Regardless, my initial question is if the Authority and Jesus are the same entity, or if there is a separation. The stories certainly make it seem like they aren't the same entity, since Jesus doubts the Authority at times, and there is conversation, and there is the idea of sacrifice - this implies they aren't the same entity.

>modern churches and female pastors
arigoto Deutschland

In this you are wrong.
Your religion is a lie, don't worry, its devil is not searching for you, there's another devil, but he's probably happy that you're a christian.

They're heretics. You shouldn't even bother with them.

Modern Christianity...

Well, let me tell you that by not adapting the current era we lose Christianity.
There's a game at play. The great game of hearts and minds. And it isn't played by humans.

Anyway, Christianity must remain strong but it also needs to evolve.
What do I mean? The principles are eternal, the circumstances are ephemeral. We as Christians need to preserve the principles and fit them into the present ephemeral circumstances and those million ephemeral circumstaces that are still to come in the future.

Those Christian lessons which you described are mostly a trick in order to de-construct True Christianity by pretending it cannot be fitted into the modern times. It is an old as hell trick.
But it has been working.
If you create a "new Christianity" which lacks the principles but seemingly fits everywhere, it is bound to be destroyed.

Catholic church position is literally
>Pay your indulgence and go to heaven

>I'm a murderer but I will be saved because I believe in jesus christ

>Your religion is a lie
Needlessly rude. Its not a lie, its just folklore. You wouldn't say that Red Riding Hood is a "lie", its just a story. Same for the religious stories, they are that - stories. The events aren't true, but some of the wisdom is.

in the book of job, the real roles of god and satan have been reversed

satan is the great architect who was charged with creating the world, it is why masonry worships the great architect, it is why they love the compass symbol, it is why masons go to church on sunday and have no issues worshipping both their great architect and yahweh

they look down on the other people in their churches who have no idea that everyone there is at a service for the devil

the devil is standing in the place he shouldn't be, and most people are ignorant

Let's pray, Catholic-friends.

O my Jesus,
I beg You on behalf of the whole Church:
Grant it love and the light of Your Spirit
and give power to the words of priests
so that hardened hearts might be brought to repentance
and return to You, O Lord.

Lord, give us holy priests;
You Yourself maintain them in holiness.
O Divine and Great High Priest,
may the power of Your mercy accompany them everywhere
and protect them from the devil's traps and snares
which are continually being set for the souls of priests.
May the power of Your mercy, O Lord,
shatter and bring to naught
all that might tarnish the sanctity of priests,
for You can do all things.
I ask You, Jesus,
for a special blessing
and for light for the priests
before whom I will make my confessions throughout my lifetime.

Amen.