The Reflection

Is I-Guy /ourguy/?

no that would be X-on aka (not spider-man/rogue/cyclops)

This series has a pathetic reception but it isn't that bad.

Subs soon.

>our meme
Why tho.

subs are out for ep 3

yeah but sadly everyone is always looking for trend setters and this show is labeled under that since its americano

He might trying to be cool mysterious guy but
>appears randomly
>talks in code
Autism.

>american truck

>live action paced episode

domo arigato Ms. Roboto.

Teleporting girl is freaking useless.

The only thing I really don't like about this show is the ED. They should have used the acoustic version of Sky Show.

But it's still quite bad.

Notmagneto is a lot more badass here.

You won't be saying that when she teleports someones heart out of their chest.

Well, she teleports with her clothes, so she would probably not have been able to teleport out of the cables

Except she teleported out of a similar lock in the very first episode.

Toy mecha is too overpowered.

I seriously hope she does.

The powers in this series are just too unbalanced.

He did say that being hit by smoke makes people anti social.

I like it, hopefully we will see creativity by the good guys in defeating the baddies. Also, the fat guy is resilient as fuck.

I like the idea behind the animation but it is not done well.
Some animations are stiff and take way too long especially for TV scenes.Also sometimes it is way too choppy
It does need a bit more vivid colors and some body who can actually direct a fighting scene on air that does not look like people bumping on one another.

Also the first episode failed to get me interested with it's moments of silence and how fake and 1 dimentional every character is.
For fucks sake it had moments of silence which is something you only do after you establish a character and their pesonality

They made something strange in the first episode, they portray the opening scene from different angles in the second one and give the characters dialogue.

Loved the toy robot and its arsenal of weapons, The fat guy was kind of interesting as well. Are there american comic book characters with similar powers to Putrid and Lisa? I vaguely recall an x-men character who could make a robot suit out of energy or something.

Congrats this is THE worst anime I've ever seen so far..The Tsukihime Anime looks like a masterpiece compared to this piece of fucking garbage

I'm guessing Lisa is basically a Green Lantern now, and can make constructs from her imagination.

First time she materialized it, I thought it would do lame stuff like the actual toy but then
>soar man upgrade
Crazy shit.

>tfw no I-Guy in this episode

I-guy is busy in the icu after last week's episode.

EXCELSIOR!

I'm honestly really surprised Stan Lee didn't go to studio trigger with this, or vice versa.
Seeing as how Trigger has been copying the west for years this kind of aesthetic would've been perfect for their poppy animation.
But then you risk the chance of this show's threads becoming pointlessly "hyped"
like in most other trigger show threads

Only if your from LA

I-Guy and X-On are both absolutely hilarious and their shit will at the very least make up for any other dips in quality. That and Sky Show.

He didn't even need Trigger. Anyone who isn't DEEN could have done a better job. Heroman for example was done by Bones, and it had none of the same issues.

user that's not fair, it's like saying shit tastes bad in comparison to a big-ass properly cooked and seasoned steak. Everyone knows that, don't bully the shit harder.

Sexy lips.

Why do people always compare i-Guy with Iron Man? I feel like he's closer to Sky High from Tiger and Bunny.

Bearded, rich guy in a supersuit who was drunk during the Reflection. However, he does also have Sky High's autism.

rigger just seems more fitting since they're openly infatuated with western animation, but you're right there are tons of studios who could handle this well too.

The problem isn't the studio. It's the pretentious hack director who was responsible for Aku no Hana

Honestly, I feel like Reflection could easily be fixed by just throwing it into premiere and messing around with the animation speed then resyncing the audio and subs.
It would take a bit of time, but wouldn't be anywhere near as complex as other stuff I've seen people do to fix anime.

But those are attached to the guy so maybe she can't teleport other people with her.

Very true. They did a good job with a really stylized artstyle with Ninja Slayer. A high budget equivalent with super heroes would be rad.

Again, she teleported Lisa this very same episode.

Has it gotten any better yet?

For me? Yes
For you? Don't know don't care

Perhaps the tentacles aren't physical but concentrated energy allowing teleportation too e a viable means of escape.
Or possibly the metal is too dense so she can't teleport through it.

Compared to what?

>Ep2 :
>-Can i move in and be your apprentice?
>- Fuck no
>Ep3:
>-Who's Debra
>- Someone annoying but as as USELESS as you
based Xon keeping the thots at bay

What's his problem?

He already touched her and got her teleport powers, she's literally useless to him he's not lying.
And i bet his background story is something like he lost someone during the reflection and that's why he's an asshole now etc.. this kind of thing.

Is Reflection an avant garde anime?

>smoked human turned anti social
>light beamed human turned heroic
Might be a funny twist if x-on was an asshole before but the reflection made him do heroic stuff whether he wanted to or not.

That fire scene was really awkward. How did she not notice? Was it spontaneous from the fire lady? Was X-on in the room with her from the previous scene where they were looking at the computer but escaped alone and left her in the fire?
This was a good episode though.
So from the OP we have
X = X-On
I = I-guy
E = Eleanore
B = Lisa
M = Metal lady
T = Stan Lee
S = ?
F = Flame lady
W = Wraith?
And the mahou shojo sentai squad doesnt have a letter.

i was thinking about it and that would be part of the reason why he doesn't take his mask off

>- Someone annoying but as as USELESS as you
But he was right.

Yeah it was awkward if you presented it that way,though I understood it first time watching the episode. He probably left the room leaving her to find out more on the security camera and some time passed before fire lady doing her thing.

He hasn't shown any signs of being able to use her power. Maybe he can only copy powers from Smoke Reflected.

Maybe copying powers weakens the Reflected a bit, so he doesn't want to copy hers due to that.

>useless
>still bums a ride off her

But how in the hell did she not hear or smell it? Her room was practically engulfed?

It's the Handshakers of our generation.

She was too deep trying to dig the camera info, only when she was burnt from the can she realized there was a fire.

yes

Just watched the first two episodes, I get the idea of what they want to do, but seriously, it's not working, they could have made both episode 1 and 2 in less than 8 minutes and nothing would have been lost, what the fuck is Stan Lee thinking? I really hope this thrid episode goes 10000 times faster.

I actually like the slow-paced nature of the show. I feel like it somehow grounds the show in reality despite all the superhero shenanigans. I also like the atmosphere the pace creates for the show.

s2 when

A YO NIGGA FUCK THE BRONKS
ALL Y'ALL EAST COST NIGGAS AIN'T SHIT
*blasts California Love*
FUCK BIGGIE SMALLS NIGGA
R I P TUPAC THE GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE OR DEAD
SUGE KNIGHT AIN'T DO SHIT WRONG
OH YEAH AND FUCK THE STATUE OF LIBERTY
*flies away*

>what the fuck is Stan Lee thinking?
Nothing. He provided the initial premise plus character concepts. The actual anime's directed and written by others.

The initial premise is generic enough to the point where it isn't worth crediting anyone for coming up with.

Honestly the direction of this show makes it feel like I'm watching live-action television.
Like that establishing shot in episode 2, it was extremely not anime-like.
I think the crew has been watching western superhero movies to get a feel for this one.

Despite not being the most competent show it really does have a charm to it that makes me excited for whats to come each week

Is episode 3 any different or still as slow paced impactless shit as episode 1&2?

Teleporting girl is freaking hot.

This ep probably won't change your mind on it much but it did further things a little. Direction is kind of flat and most shots only have one thing moving at a given time. Animation became quite good at the end though.

Thanks for the reply.

Reminds me of the streamer guy who didn't notice there was a fire in his room.

SKYYYYYYYY SHOOOW

Ep 3 felt like a step up in terms of plot. Still not crazy about the barely animated FLASH and rotoscoped characters but the fight scenes are possible to follow now. So Stan Lee's Reflection character is an evil weeb Prof. X who finds the Reflected? Of all the alternative ways to call your characters superpowered Reflected sounds so lame. This anime reminds me of that Teletoon show Delta State and every other capeshit show you've seen.

So did Magneto chick kill Pepe? I was hoping he'd stay a main character.

pepe is dead

The director is a pretentious hack.
Seriously, a lot of the flaws mentioned in these threads can be safely attributed to the director