So why haven't you watched Moomin yet Sup Forums?

So why haven't you watched Moomin yet Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_rqZl9W4sWc
youtube.com/watch?v=H4ntgTXGg7M
youtube.com/watch?v=_NU_0OH9xzo
youtube.com/watch?v=EJBaHgWJX_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=zGvhYJNkG7M
youtube.com/watch?v=mGkRG4RiBc4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the fuck is moomin?

Not anime.

>Moomin (Japanese: 楽しいムーミン一家 Hepburn: Tanoshii Mūmin Ikka, Delightful Moomin Family) is a Japanese-Finnish-Swedish-Dutch anime television series produced by Telecable Benelux B.V.. Based on the Moomin novels and comic strips by the Finnish illustrator and author Tove Jansson and her brother Lars Jansson, it was the third anime adaptation of the property and the first to receive distribution in other countries worldwide. Moomin first aired on TV Tokyo from April 12, 1990 to October 3, 1991.

No subs

Yes it is

animesque and other western-japanese collaborations are to be discussed on

I don't watch anything if I can't picture the genitals of the main characters and form a mental image of them mid-coitus.

Most of characters don't wear cloths at all.

But I have, even season 2 which was shit. Either way, not anime.

But I have, it was my fav. anime when I was a kid. Nowadays it's kinda corny but still good. The time travel episodes were kickass.

Next you'll claim Katori is not anime

ebin finlan mentioned :DDD:D:DD

Nice reading comprehension, anime was produced and first aired in Japan.
I guess I can't watch Romeo x Juliet, Gankutsuou or Hauru no Ugoku Shiro either? Saying nothing about Sekai Meisaku Gekijō.

Fuck off, miserable coward.

>Hauru no Ugoku Shiro
kek did you really think that what Miyazaki makes is anime?
Fuck off, newfag.

complete english release never

>not watching the finnish dub

but I have nostalgia for the English dub.

where are discussions about finland :D:D:D

The new Finnish dub is horrible. The voices are mostly fine (only My is miles worse than original) but the acting is weak as hell.

I have, around 20 years ago, you casual
That ep with Moomin getting morphed into some weird thing after entering a hat really fucked me up

YAMERO

I've read all of it twice.

Kill yourself

What about the earlier 69-70 and 72 animations?
They were good though moomin looked pretty retarded in the first one.
Don't think that they have been translated but the voice actors were pretty great and Snufkin was badass

youtube.com/watch?v=_rqZl9W4sWc

Where are those white wiggly forest things? They creeped me out.

Presumably moomins are like whales and dolphins and Moomin pappa hide his junk inside his genital slit while Mamma's genitalia are inside the same slit as her anus and mammary glands are inside mammary slits near her genitals.

>new
What? Literally why?

Animated by a japanese studio and originally dubbed in japanese
it's an adaptation, but still anime.

>Tfw I have 30 high-quality episodes with dual Finnish/Nip audio and subs.

Heh heh..

Most non-newfags do.

Moomin was written in by a fennoswede, so unless you have the Swedish audio, you are missing out.

Bullshit, Finnish and Japanese audio are the best.

t. fennoswede.

I need to re-watch it sometime. I really enjoyed it as a child but I can't really much of it.

>a motherfucking MOOMIN thread on Sup Forums
BASED BASED BASED

Haffenfaffers

Another channel bought the series to make it look better for newer TVs but were so cheap they decided not to buy the dub. Their excuse was that the language used in the dub was oldish, but that is just plain wrong.

Holy shit.

This, I desperately want to watch it as it looks so good and the soundtrack is so nice.

>not watching the swedish dub where everyone has thick finnish accents

>the bottom middle panel
holy shit

I wish some finns would translate the rest since the fansub team is taking way too long.

Some of the original voice actors are nolonger available and a few of the episodes were never dubbed due to not being broadcasted. Those episodes are included in the new release so it would have had to get new voice actors for those episodes anyway.

..Also SJW shit. "Discriminating" language about women and other crap. Ie. Snork saying that something is a stupid idea deviced by a woman's mind. Also insults have been changed since characters calling eachother stupid or idiot is somehow not suitable for children. The dub is mostly about SJW bullshit

I rmember watching this on cartoon network as a kid in the UK, was that tanoshii moomin ikka or something else?

The soundtrack is so comfy:

youtube.com/watch?v=H4ntgTXGg7M

The dub is no good?

It was this.

youtube.com/watch?v=_NU_0OH9xzo

>that piano part in the middle

youtube.com/watch?v=EJBaHgWJX_Q

Do you consider Tekkonkinkreet "not anime" too?

Do I watch Moomin or Shin Moomin

>Giant Kappa
Come on japan it's supposed to be Finnish mythology.

I have a strict no dub policy.

if you're not watching in finnish/swedish you're doing it wrong

tekkonkinkreet is arguably less anime than Moomin. The only non anime part of Moomin is that funding came from the Finnish public broadcasting station with the intention of the show eventually being aired in Finnish television.

The creative staff is all Japanese. The production studio is Japanese. Original airing was in Japan. The original dubbing is Japanese. The soundtrack is Japanese.

I kind of want to but not sure if jap or fin is the way to go so i never get around to it

>but were so cheap they decided not to buy the dub. Their excuse was that the language used in the dub was oldish, but that is just plain wrong.

Last time I read an a news article about it, it was because YLE was asking for ridiculous amounts for the original dub license. They asked for so much that it was outside their budget and in fact cheaper for them to just hire a whole new dubbing production with all new cast. If anything the fault is at YLE's end.

Go with Nip since it's the language you're more used to.

youtube.com/watch?v=zGvhYJNkG7M

reminder

>The creative staff is all Japanese.
Almost. Tove Jansson had veto rights and absolute final say in everything, so she technically counts as part of it.

Fuck this soundtrack always hits me too deep

youtube.com/watch?v=mGkRG4RiBc4

Wouldn't it be Sup Forums anyway?

Groke a cute

The novels are perfectly /lit/ and the comics are Sup Forums. The animated series ends up anywhere.

I can't wait for all Mutafukaz threads to be deleted because retards like him will be the vast majority of posters

>tall lanky figure
>impoverished face like some kind of addict (GEMS, must be Jew)
>70s mustache and hair
>snappy top hat
>black tights
>gloves
>pimping cloak
>rides a flying magical black panther, IN SPACE
>magical powers beyond your comprehension

Why is he so best?

Pretty sure that it was not dubbed entirely in Swedish, not sure about Finnish.

The 69 version is not completely available, and probably never will since it's a licensing mess.

>the final book had Zero moomins appear and was depressing as fuck.

>Like Moominpappa at Sea, the work is more somber in tone than previous books in the series, and it has been suggested that this is a direct result of the death of Jansson's mother, Signe Hammarsten-Jansson, during the year that it was written. Because of this, it has been described as being a "textbook on letting go, being a mature orphan, existing spiritually alone" and features a young orphan looking for a mother as one of its primary characters. Following this work, Jansson later stated that she "couldn't go back and find that happy Moominvalley again" and so decided to stop writing the Moomin books.

It's entirely dubbed in both, because Moomins are Finnish, Swedish is the second language and Tove's mother tongue was Swedish. The series is also dubbed in a ton of other languages and there are comparisons on Youtube of all of them. It's in Arabic, even.

So? How many Finnish works are there that aren't depressing? Do they even exist?

It's also one of very very few shows to have a relatively competent Norwegian dub. Those are usually reserved for Disney stuff.

>It's in Arabic, even.
>Mumin (Arabic: مؤمن‎‎) is an Arabic Islamic term, frequently referenced in the Quran, meaning "believer",.[1] It denotes a person who has complete submission to the Will of Allah and has faith firmly established in his heart, i.e. a "faithful Muslim".

I've only ever heard praise for the different Moomin dubs, really.

Islamic terrorism in Moomin valley when?

Its a Baltic thing. With Suomis its also a Long Northern Winters thing.

What is it about, I suppose its great