MiA

Anime-Only fags come post your delicious theory's and opinions on the Abyss.
let's keep MiA separate from the made in abyss general

okay ill bite
i think the way the show is going ozin is going to tell riko that her mom was a not so good person and warn her to not go after her
the reason I think this is because what habo had said the seeker camp ahead would contain distressing things for riko as well as to be wary if ozin
im guessing ozin is a huge blabbermouth about all the wrong that liza did and is why habo warns riko like "ya the guardian is bat shit insane for saying that liza did all this bad stuff but we cant discount it because shes a white whistle too"
this is what I got from habos warning and im hoping im right so I can see riko have to face how her mother was an awful person

Very interesting hypothesis.
It's Ozen and Lyza by the way.

They're going to get halfway there and cyborg-kun is going to say "Riko your face looks like a brick." And then Riko is going to say "Bwahhh! Cyborg-kun, you're face looks like a brick, too!"

And then they're going to lament the poor design choice for the series and kill themselves to end it before their hideousness can continue to poison the innocent eyes of the viewing public any further

The abyss was a country on the surface, but long ago the country was pulled into the planet like pulling paper though your fingers. the floors became the walls and such. Everyone in this country knew this and near the end all prayed to their gods, and thus why we see so many praying skeletons.

Secondary fag here. Theory is that the outside world has been devastated somehow, which forces the people on this island to stay there even though it's a shit life.

Is speedwatching a thing too?

Ozen saying "so that brat's still alive" has to mean she thought there was a decent chance for Riko to be dead at this point. Maybe she'll tell her more about the circumstances of her birth and what effects it had. Maybe Riko is more "cursed" than she / everyone else up to this point thought.

i thought it was just an offhand comment like how easy its to die in the city with how the slums are said to have toxins as well as kiwi being sick

>I'm so fucked up...

The show doesn't really do a good job at saying there is more than just Orth

>says Lyza followed a government order when going for the Bell
>the fact that the artifacts children find are sold overseas is a major plot point and is repeated several times
You have to literally be speedwatching to not know this, and even then I find it hard to believe.

She looks like a college freshman who got way too drunk at her first larty.

People who go into the Abyss don't die, they just end up living down there because they can't come back up. And they go crazy and turn monster-like and shit. So they made robots to send up to the surface and tell people what's at the bottom.

That's my best guess.

The show just goes extreme lengths to show how distant and isolated they are.
An island in the middle of an ocean where everyone seems kookoo on the abyss seems like something out of a post apocalypse, then you remember oh yeah there's people outside of the island causing apocalypses on their own because they buy relics from the abyss.
What I'm saying is adding conflict from outsiders and foreigners seems like an afterthought really and what I would have liked to see is a constant stream of boats to and from the island and maybe even show these auctions they have

>The show just goes extreme lengths to show how distant and isolated they are.
Except it doesn't? An island that thrives on exporting artifacts from the Abyss and has adapted a culture that celebrates the wealth it brings doesn't sound very post-apocalyptic to me.

Stop it. Get some help. That isn't even funny.

Ozen's already got her place well-established in the lore, but what do you guys think of the blue-haired maid?

There is nothing to talk about yet in terms of the anime, and everything has already been talked about in terms of the manga.

>have to wait until next week to get my dose of "brain-retardation" entertainment

And I scoured plebbit and other sites for nothing?! Dammit. What's wrong with me?!

When I saw this scene I noticed that there was something familiar, so I looked at the fap scene of Asuka and compared side by side, there is no doubt that it is a reference

It's actually very funny

no, it's hilarious. I think you just have no sense of humor.

You guys might have not noticed, but the bible has a lot of references to Evangelion. Yes, that anime is that good

>Ascending only a few dozen meters up to a bird nest causes the layer's curse to activate
Huh, I thought it'd affect more in the general barriers between layers, not upon any ascension at all.

I'm wondering if it gets stronger the more you go up or if it's just a status ailment.
Like once you go up you're stuck with it or once you go up you get afflicted with the curse then going more up refreshes the status ailment

>trying to start two separate generals to cater simultaneously to mangafags and secondaries
Haha, you're a fucking faggot, as usual.

Ascending in general triggers the curse, the difference is teh effect within each layer, 2 n 3 are like "its bad but you will survive it", 4 is where tou question if killing yourself is a better option, 5 is plot related

the abyss is actualy the asshole of some lovecraftian god sleeping inside the planet.

I think it's the latter and the layer-specific curses eventually fade away. So when you start ascending from the 5th layer you start bleeding everywhere and shit, but when you make it up far enough the bleeding eventually stops and you're "just" seeing illusions etc. Habo and his team looked pretty normal when they came up with the gondola in episode 2.

given how the curse works is more like a constant trigger (it keep afteing you every time you move up), but yeah after you manage to get to higer layers the status effects lessens

Why?