Why would a grade schooler backpack cost $350?

Why would a grade schooler backpack cost $350?

because japan

watermelons are like $50 in japan

Aren't randoseru supposed to last forever?

Not made in china so last forever

Yeah but who the fuck is going to use a bright red kid's backpack? Kids probably get tired of that shit by the time they're 12 or something.

Superior japanese backpack folded over 10,000 times

why do anime girls keep their school swimsuit then?

You are supposed to give it to your little siblings or another child once you don't need it anymore.

cum repellent fabrics

It lures pedos into their trap.

>Why would a grade schooler backpack cost $350?
You know the saying "they don't make it like they used to"?
The Japanese school backpack is what happens when they STILL make it like they used to.

You either spend the money to have something that lasts, or spend more money replacing the bag every year.

backpacks cost $20 where I live, you could replace it every year from K-12 and it still would cost you less than buying one $350 backpack up front.

This is why japs live in tiny 600 sq ft apartments, they can't into money management.

Welcome to child raising 101, this is no different than what they make parents pay in the western world because they know kids NEED that stuff for schools and they know parents will or have to pay ungodly ammounts of money for it. Shits ridiculously overpriced just for little stuff.

>Kids probably get tired of that shit by the time they're 12 or something
I'm pretty sure they're mandatory at a certain age in Japan.

>I'm a poorfag and don't understand quality since I buy everything at Walmart and Dollar General and throw it away and buy a new one in three weeks when it falls apart.

so if you have no friends and are an only child you're fucked?

>I'm pretty sure they're mandatory at a certain age in Japan.
I don't know how jap schools work, but I guess it could be part of a uniform policy. If anime is realistic at all, it seems like no one uses them outside of elementary school.

>This is why japs live in tiny 600 sq ft apartments
You mean, like most people who live in cities?

only people with poor money management skills live in large cities

it needs to be resistant to alpha male thrusts and weight

Suburban/rural life is boring as shit.

If you have the money living in the city is 1000x better than commuting there. Living and working in the country/suburbs is tops though.

If that were true there wouldn't be a market for them because in a country with a declining birth rate the first generation of randoseru would still be in circulation. They are durable, sure, but they're still disposable. And as points out, not financially sensible. Tohru had it right, the shit is a conspiracy used to perpetuate and subsidize Japanese leather goods. Not the only of its kind of course, deals between education bureaucracy's and other industries are nothing new, and ranges from the price of textbooks, banning of hot plates in dorms, dolphin meat in school lunches of certain towns, the list goes on.

I'll give a serious answer because I saw a thing on NHK world about them. Each one is individually handmade. They use horse and pig leather. Unlike an American backpack that'll last a year or two if you're lucky, these last throughout the whole Elementary school.

i was amazed to find out that some american universities force you to get a dorm on-campus for the first year and their meal plans are mandatory because they don't want you cooking there

it's like high school all over again, throw some forced GE classes in there and it's literally high school

>living in large cities means im financially irresponsible

Gee, i guess i didnt see those tech, medicine and other decently paying jobs in bumfuck rural nebraska

what's the point if you still have to go home everynight to a tiny closet apartment for $2000/mo that eats half your paycheck?

>implying Jansports, Herschels, etc. are real American backpacks
You don't live in a city if you want to stay inside all day.

Like Tohru said, it's a conspiracy.

is this why students hang out in coffee shops and study there?
Because their living space is so tiny they can't even study at home?

HAnging out in coffee shops is a suburban thing

EVERYTHING is expensive in japan, its either you live in Osaka/Tokyo or in a rural wasteland nothing in between

Tents are cheaper than that.

Better than paying $400 rent when that too is half your paycheck.

>This is why japs live in tiny 600 sq ft apartments, they can't into money management.

Japs live in tiny apartment because there is no choice when 70% of the country is MOUNTAINS

but everything is cheaper so it works out ok

I use a pic related. I've been using it for 5 years already all year long(school and work), and it's still in good condition. Shit was $60 freedoms but it was worth.
Now, it was expensive if you think as a poorfag, but buying a kindergarten backpack for fucking $350, which is used for like 3 years? That's retarded, unless you're filthy rich and don't care.
Also, if I'm corrrect, japs believe that expensive=better.

>America can carve faces into their mountains
>Japan can't carve houses into theirs

this is worth $60?
i saw one once the material was thin as hell and it only has one compartment
it doesn't even have any padding to protect your things when you drop the backpack on the ground

>tfw you're still stuck in last season and haven't moved on

Is there no market for children's backpacks there? In America you see kids with all kinds of character backpacks like Pokemon,power ranger, minecraft etc.

Meanwhile there is 11 backpacks in the dumb per student. This is why amerifags and capitalism are killing this planet

Why don't they just nuke the mountains away

Japs are somewhat right, expensive materials/craftsmanship tend to last really long/be reliable

I dont care about utility though, when i
was in elementary id change my Backpack with whatever hot cartoon character/game of that year

>tiny 600 sq ft apartments

>msw i live in 350sq ft

If Americans didn't buy backpacks every year for children to go to school, the children working the Vietnamese backpack factories would be out of a job.

>a properly manufactured backpack made from genuine leather priced at 350 bucks is expensive
>people compare this to some Made in China synthetics shit
Whats the point in doing this? Why are you even trying to argue these things when you clearly lack the intellect to understand the basic principals of fashion.

no, becouse sometimes its good to change your studying enviroment or you study in a group and have some plans after that

I don't think you have any idea how huge the United States are. We could combine all of our landfills and it would make a tiny dot on the map.

You just described everything you buy for kids ever. Clothing, cribs, beds, all stuff they grow out of and need to replace after months

I used these growing up, carrying +30 lbs of books and shit. Mind you this is before parents started bitching about the weight of backpacks.

Mine lasted 2 yrs each time, hard to keep together when you beat on it every day.

>that kid who wore a black leather jacket to school

I can buy them for 10 time less here aaah I like living in a first world country

Sure, but most of those are priced fairly for what they are. The backpacks are insanely overpriced.

Props for exploring the relatively uncharted intersection of "fedora-wearing pseudo-intellectual cringelord" and "complete homosexual faggot"

Randoseru are some keeping up with the neighbors preying on catty housewives.

>Oh, that's a nice grocery bag your son is wearing to school. Tee Hee.

>caring about fashion is equal to being gay
Are we emulating high school?

>i saw one once the material was thin as hell and it only has one compartment
Notebooks fit perfect, even gym clothes. Shit is spacious. I don't know how.
One compartment for pens, ruler, and calculator. What else do you need?

>it doesn't even have any padding to protect your things when you drop the backpack on the ground
Yes, my laptop has suffered the consequences, but I solved it just putting clothes on the bottom and its good to go.

Then again, unless you're underage or care about "organized" compartments, it's not for you. Although we all know, you're just gonna end up throwing everything in the backpack and don't care about organization.

Was lucky to be the oldest. I saw how my cousins would hand down clothing, by the time the youngest got it, it was basically paper thin and heavily worn.

>most of those are priced fairly
>shoes are priced fairly
>kids clothing is priced fairly
Are you high or something?

Bitch please, fashion is one of the last things an elementary schooler should be concerned about

I bet you're one of those people who would justify kanye west selling 120$ white tees

>talks about intellect when he can't even distinguish between homonyms

They don't want to wake up all the weird gods/demons and yokai, you dingus.

I did that in middle school. Then, in highschool I just cared about utility, resistance, and space.
Most backpacks I had would have the straps tear because of the weight.

It's a racket.

japanese K-12 kids pay for their own books

because they dont get fat like american girls. well until they're late 20s they dont.

Before than one, mine lasted a year max because of the weight of books.

It's a proxy fashion war between housewives.

Its Japan. If you go to Tokyo everybody is /fa/ as fuck. People want their kids to fit in

>justifies
Whats there to justify? People are retarded enough to buy them so it seems like proper pricing?! Point is that comparing a throwaway backpack to a properly made one, especially when both are made from different materials, is completely retarded. Youre basically saying A should have the same price as B because both fill the same purpose. This is like those gaming laptop arguments, with people ignoring the portability of the laptop when judging the price. Makes no fucking sense. Maybe Japanese schools have a lot of fighting so you need a strong backpack that lasts, who the fuck knows. If anime are any indication that Japanese kids sure have it rough.

Its funny because Randoseru are expensive for their quality, ultility and durability.

/fa/ggots like you would justify spending 500$ on a tattered rag with a brand name on it

>Sup Forums defends $350 kiddy backback because japan

woooow

>Sup Forums is one person meme

You know why the Japanese do something? Because they've always done so.
They have a very hard time breaking an established tradition, even though it makes no sense whatsoever.

Japan needs a cultural revolution. Some sort of a wave of "out with old dumb shit"... but then they'd probably just ruin that too by slavishly following that to their doom, destroying their heritage.

Indont defend japan

I am against disposable 'made in sweatshop' products

I hope you pay less than $750 a month.

is it time?

How terrifying, textbooks are another overpriced racket. I remember buying books my freshman semester in college and thinking it a colossal waste of money. Then I moved to renting, then buying previous editions for a few bucks, before pirating ebooks/PDFs.

japan has spent most of their history copying china, and then the west
nearly all of their traditions come from their misinterpretation of things they stole from the chinese, including their writing system

Yeah I'd really love my anime to be more like western TV shows.

Is it comfy at least?
Small spaces are the best for maximum comfiness.
I live in a studio but it's too big for me.

What would those sweatshop kids do if the sweatshop closed down?

>If you go to Tokyo everybody is /fa/ as fuck.
Wait a minute
HOL UP

HOL U P

I've always wondered about where and how anime directors get their fashion sense when they have to show girls in "casual" clothes (not school uniforms), and they always look cute in frilly dresses or hip outfits. Are you saying that's actually a real thing and part of the culture in the Tokyo metropolitan area? Do girls actually walk around in thigh highs outside of cosplay?

They get sold to human traffickers

Which board did you come from?

Still a collosal waste of money sempaitachi
Last semester, I was "supposed" to buy a fucking $350 book, and some reference book of same class for fucking $200.
I just made copies of someone else's books

Yes, Tokyo is the most /fa/ city on the planet. Asians care so much about how they are perceived its ridiculous. In Tokyo anime are real, like ReCreators.

I got meme'd by several professors saying that some books were mandatory

>he gives everyone free copies of excerpts from the textbook anyway
>some never even touched upon those books

That's explains why some MCs dress pretty /fa/, despite being neets or complete casuals

>when the professor shills his books as "mandatory readings"

Depends where you go, but in general most people look pretty sharp. Much better dressed than the US and most of Europe for sure.

The worst ones are when they demand a workbook that they happen to have written.

Funny because i pay 75$ for it (im form Poland)

>Is it comfy at least?
It is actually, I destroyed the inside wall and its basically one room + bathroom. I live alone, so i don't need more rooms.

The best part is
>Professors tells The class they can donate books for new students
>Next semester he is seen selling them half the price

Motherfucker

Don't they change backpack in middleschool anyway?
the uniform thing is to make all kids look the same without discriminations like Kobayashi said

I destroyed the inside wall and its basically one room + bathroom. I live alone, so i don't need more rooms.

Is that even legal? I mean, it's an apartment. Unless your manager is super good, I don't see that happening

Shit forgot the >

Tohru a cute!

Is that small over there or avg? 350sqft for one person doesn't seem so bad. 2 seems cramp. 3 or more would be very tough.

>buy a book for class at the bookstore
>flip to the end
>there is picture of the professor smiling
That's when I knew I got meme'd on

so it isn't just an italian thing

Some things you want to really pay for quality, like Work Boots, Knives, Luggages, Wallets, Cars