MC is the strongest character in the show

>MC is the strongest character in the show

How is this any better than SAO?

It's not. People only like it because "muh skeleton MC"

>People only like it because "muh sexy Albedo waifu"
ftfy

Sup Forums doesn't like this show, only other boards do, like Sup Forums.

Because the MC is a bonehead.

It's at least got a point in it's favor, in regards to the protagonist knowing he's a shit.

>shows that didn't deserve its sales

There's a difference between
>MC is OP as fuck but everyone conveniently ignores that fact and pretends that there's some dramatic tension in his struggle to beat the badguy
versus
>MC is OP as fuck but has no idea what he's doing, constantly flails around like a retard and somehow manages to accidentally conquer the world for comedy points. Meanwhile everyone in the background is just repeating "sasuga Ainz-sama, this must have been your plan all along".

Japanese readers love to think that if they were transported into a new world, they would also be able to get away easy and cool with the same power of the protagonist. An OP protagonist guarantees that anyone, even the last idiot on Earth, can become a hero.
Overlord is no different, it's wish fulfilment, but the context can be fun because Ainz has an entire Dungeons to handle and all its occupants, who are also cruel and eccentric demons.

As far as I could see Overlord takes itself as seriously as any other cheat-MC series.

Maybe the anime felt different from the LNs.
There was some funny shit like when Ainz randomly showed up at a foreign country's arena just to fight some stuff for fun, right when the emperor just happened to be secretly meeting with diplomats about creating an alliance against him. Queue the emperor pissing his pants in terror and immediately surrendering, and then everyone in Nazrick marveling at Ainz' amazing strategic genius.

I stayed a little behind, in what volume this happen?

Either 9 or 10, I don't recall.

It came out at the right time, the revival of nippon nationalism.

In SAO, Kirito is never the strongest character in any arc. He was even weaker than Deathgun.

It's not, it's full on power-boner parading made to make people feel euphoric about their mmo characters and how strong they are.

Better writing, better character designs, funnier and more likeable characters.

Because it actually is good. Anime might have had a hard time justifying it but the LN is amazing.

Are you really taking the parts of Kirito?

The only one among all the players that get the Super Skill "Stardust something" because he is the chosen one for bullshit reason? The one that changes the game and instead of starting from zero again he transfers his data and obtains an EX jedi ability so high for the game standards that he can stop bullets At midair?

Oh right, he's not the strongest, in the first season there was just the game master above him.

thank mr skeltal

your welcome

kill la kill

see this why I like Log Horizon. Shiroe is awesome but what makes him most awesome is when he helps everyone else become awesome or out smarting someone

And then DEEN happened.

Sadly.

Still, a great OP and it got me into the novels.

Can you even get laid in Elder Tale?

Shiroe is not bad precisely because, by his nature, he's not the usual character that solves every situations alone. He needs his companion to pull out the best of himself and teamwork is always a nice thing to see.

HARAGURO MEGANE

his harem is a tiny bit better

Yeah, a support class like Enchanter as the main character was a really refreshing spin on an isekai show.

He always has the best keikaku

I like it for muh skeleton MC. If I needed another waifu show I'd watch something else.

because muh edgelords

But can Shiroe's INT stat compete with Papa Bone's LUCK stat?

user, Ainz is also a support class, the only reason he is strong is because is a 100 level in a 20+ level zone, any other 100 level would kill him in a 1vs1, that's is why he's so fucking paranoid

Bah, I liked season 2. Ain't defending some of it's shit but it still managed to deliver

No. But it wouldn't have to. Shiroe is Doctor fucking Doom. Even if Skullo wins it's going to be at Shiroe's prediction and only as a means to achieve one of his own greater goals.

How hard can it be to level that no one else is level 100?

they are all NPC's i assumed they did not level

Depending on the game extremely. Sooner or later the difference between needed XP and what the enemies hand out will become astronomical

>Nobody actually wins
>Both of them receive praises for a plan well executed

He is a wildcard. He can be a support, tank or deal damage through some means. He is just vastly inferior to everyone who actually specializes in something, but he can do pretty much everything.

He probably wouldn't lose against most level 100, mostly due to having superior gear and being a PvP player.

>everyone thinks he's some kind of blackhearted scheming villain
>he's actually a hardworking dorky smart guy that tries to do the best for everyone, even if he has to force or trick them and is bad at expressing himself
Shiroe is easily my favorite MC in recent memory.

>but he can do pretty much everything.

which basically translates to useless after level 50

Any proper build would kill him in their first fight, the second fight would go in favor of Ainz because it would have time to prepare, he said so himself.
And you have to remember that Ainz build is a roleplay build, it is shit for fighting and that there where many ways of deal with summoners, and specially undead.

because your a metafaggot with a very large stick up his ass

Sup Forums Has no uniform opinion of anime because it's a video game board

>Shows
>Its

>hows it better than SAO
there are still stakes and he can still lose, the asspull with the armor equip with cash shop items are also realistically set in without feeling too cheap

SAO is just an un edited lightnovel that if reviewed better could be without criticism that many people fault it for

not to say Overlord isnt boring sometimes, its only interesting for the world building really

>no true scotsman
wew lad.

>nippon nationalism
I really wonder what the nips on 2chan think sometimes

They're both trash. I hate Overlordfags, they always hold their show up on a pedestral when it's still the same power fantasy bullshit.

well to give overlord credit (itself and not what the fans say) it seems to be a bit more upfront with the power fantasy. SAO is fucking retarded and pretends it's being legit

>strongest
>implying Touch Me can't one shot Ainz

>not putting a work with this much attention to world building onto a pedestal
And from your post you're just a generalizing faggot who see every story only at it's basic structure so opinion discarded. Nothing personnel kid.

Worldbuilding.

He still has the gear the advantage. You have to remember that having a full set of divine items is pretty rare, and he also has a WCI in him. And a three free instant-revivals ring on him.

Most players wouldn't be able to kill him in one shot, so he will have more than enough time to cast Heart's Grip and run and summon minions.

Nigga, Heart's Grip is a shit tier spell, Ainz only like it because it look cool

>Secure stunt against anything that isn't an undead and a chance of killing anyone
>Shit spell
There was a reason he used it when he thought that the knights might also be level 100

It's Grasp Heart, not Heart's Grip, retards.

MC doesn't wave his dick in front of people.
And people that weren't designe to suck his dick don't spend their time sucking his dick.

>MC doesn't wave his dick in front of people.
But he does.
>And people that weren't designe to suck his dick don't spend their time sucking his dick.
But they do.

How is Ainz the strongest? He's a max level PC that's for sure with shit ton of cash shop and epic items but the guardians are like raid boss NPCs.

Shhh, don't bother, user, you are talking with filthy secondary

They are only raid boss level of difficulty while in their arena. In any other places they are juste as powerful as any lvl 100 player

Sup Forums fucking loves this show. They discuss the LN more frequently than they do Mahouka or Shield Knight or Oreimo or really any other in existence. Maybe Stratos or Date a Live come close, but it's a stretch.
>tfw nobody will ever discuss the Twintail LNs again

>But he does.
No he doesn't.4
>But they do.
No they don't.

>How is this any better than SAO?

If you didn't notice it's another isekai shonen garbage. It's not.

Even so, I think its pretty up there in the isekai garbage. At least its not about an edgy teenager but an unintentionally edgy skeletor

Well, he still couldn't win against Touchme

Overlord is a max level, all end game raid loot equipment, top tier guild owner that took all the wealth from a mature guild and has cash store items. Then transferred over into his new world with all his stats, levels, gear and guild wealth.

SAO, Jesus-kun is just better than everyone else because he is. Also oh look speed stat is the most OP stat because why would you balance any of your games?

>top tier guild

>No he doesn't.
Oh, really? Going around conquering the world, killing whoever he wants isn't swinging his dick around?
>No they don't.
Everyone in Carne Village, Fluder, Jircniv, Ainzach, Gazef, etc. all suck Ainz's dick constantly.

The big thing with overlord is Ainz doesn't really go with the normal story line here. He tends to not default to reveal how strong he really is unless he is taunting someone who he really hates. He actually thinks about the functioning of the world. Does research on things like the nature of the world they are in down to things like how souls and gods works. He has a powerful organization but it actually does seem alien to the world in comparison. The cast actually do have things in their lives outside of Ainz and have their own politics.

This is a pretty far-cry difference from the normal of some high school student pops up and start raping everything with god granted powers while the setting is barely defined in anyway. Most of the cast are defined by the MCs desires and nothing of themselves are really shown.

Overlord isn't a great book or anything but it does avoid a lot of the pitfalls a lot of light novels of its style falls into.

>would be a crying mess if his skeleton passive doesn't kick in 24/7
>his problems can't be solved with plot armor
>doesn't go edgy when a girl gets raped by anyone else except him

He was building for RP hence having a gorrillion spells and a redundant pool of instant kill spells. I don't recall though if he got access to Eclipse by chance because of his RP build or was doing RP build because he already knew of Eclipse.

Because it's a classic Greek tragedy told from the POV of gods.

It was a accident. He only realized later on what he unlocked.

i hate it

HE HATE IT

He actually isnt the strongest character in the show though.

Hes not actually the strongest but the strongest guys are under his command so whatever.

>>MC is the strongest character in the show
Not really. But it is an OP story and I do like it because the LN is fascinating. The MC is fairly complex in what he wants and he's utterly conflicted in every action he takes. He idealizes an utopian rule where children of all fantasy races hold hands and lives peacefully, but at the same time he's an ultranationalist xenophobe who is willing to genocide entire nations worth of people to further his goals and defend Narzarick, and has actually done so. He claims to not want to harm innocents, yet his loyal, loveable subjects are literal demons who make their prisoners eat their own children.

The funny thing about Overlord is that the MC isn't written like an edgelord. He's a corporate slave from some dystopian future that suddenly becomes a skeleton Lich with overly-enthusiastic loyal subjects that are willing to conquer the world for him. He isn't purposely megalomaniacal, and mostly struggles with the insane political choices he has to make while having lost a lot of his humanity due to circumstances beyond his control. He doesn't even particularly try to be evil, and the people he is fighting against are even more morally dubious than him.

I've read a bit of SoL and all of Deathmarch, and I'd say Overlord is superior. It's not just a harem with a generic mary sue MC, but a fairly unique political/fantasy drama by nip standards.

the point of the show isn't about how strong the MC is. It's about how the MC shapes the world around him.

It's better because the MC isn't a faggot. It is also at least self aware enough of its own status as power fantasy trash to do it good.

But can Shiroe pay his taxes?

You mean everyone is a retard and his mediocre plans succeed.
Too bad the author can't keep a straight plot.

this,
when we she blessed with her own darling little abominations.

Kirito is solo player.
Shiroe or Ainz are team players.
Biggest difference.

SAO hating is just a meme. Can't wait for you summer posters to go back to school and reddit

>strongest character in the show
>needs a 3deep5u plan and cash shop items to beat an NPC companion

It it worth finishing the S2?
I dropped it halfway through the loli/shonen adventure.

Kirito is like a lvl 50 character who bullshits his way into killing lvl 100 characters.
Ainz is like a lvl 100 character who rightfully steamrolls all the lvl 50 characters coming at him.

Any questions?

No, read the LN

>lvl 50 characters

It's simple: It isn't.