What was Sup Forums like 10 years ago?

What was Sup Forums like 10 years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mH_cZn39Tek
youtu.be/25ualyQolBc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

errythan was better

It was shit. People used words like "lolz" and "epic" unironically.

Full of shit considered cancer nowadays.

>Moe vs. GAR was 10 years ago

Kill me

>2007 was 20 years ago

>2005 was 19 decades ago

what it´s Sup Forums 10 years ago?

I guess the redditors of the future are gonna say the same about us saying kek or my sides.

>People
You.

The beginning of the Spam Age.
Great year for animu, though.
We were guided by the firm but wise hand of moot.
And they used "waifu" and "ban" ironically

>Potemayo was ten years ago
>It was KanaHana's first major role

GOD DAMN IT

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

There wasn't trash anime and lolis constantly shitposted, and people actually cared about berserk and not just the rape

>about us saying kek or my sides.
That shit already ran its course, it's Sup Forums shit now and only used by newfags.

People were free, there was no giant peer pressure that allowed them only to talk in a specific way, forcing them to avoid specific words, etc. Creativity was allowed more freedom and people weren't ashamed of everything.

It wasn't the autistic oppressive environment of today where people leigitimately can call out others for using ellipses or a wrong spacing in their posts which is insane if you actually think about it.

I've been there...
Still here...
>why

>...
Go back >>>/2007/

You see how cancerous Re:Zero or Saekano threads are? Toradora threads were a thousand times worse.

I don't say kek or my sides. I barely see people saying kek these days.

youtube.com/watch?v=mH_cZn39Tek

I want to go back.

Neither term really fits here. Also: Pretty sure 'kek' originates from the language barrier that existed in World of Warcraft (Orcish, 'lol', substitution cipher, etc)

Much better community and actual people who cared about anime.

In that vein, people bitched constantly just like today, except the mods didn't take sides. When there were mods at all.

youtu.be/25ualyQolBc

Toradora was 2008/2009, not 10 years ago. I remember one thread where someone asked which series to troll next, and guess what?

TORADORABLE

AMI HIJACK LOL

Everyone is Taiga now (and Lanced Jack)

It did, or kekeke from the Korean character from Starcraft. It's been bastardized and corrupt beyond use here, only newshits from Sup Forums use it now.

Oh man, you have no idea

Site was practically impossible to navigate on. There was no catalog page - you have to flip one page after another. Spam was everywhere because captcha was not yet in it. Threads were slow as fuck

And the community. Oh dear lord. We were cancerous as fuck.
Every single godforsaken meme - shoop the woop, demotivational pictures, pivot stick animation, epic fails, GET contests, and fucking moot was plastered all over the goddamn site.

The entire site was horrible but it was also a place where you can feel at ease.

Everyone was a kid afterall - always trying new things and experiments on whatever culture every user wanted to fill on the primordial soup we call home. Everyone is free to be creative. There is no standard to be observed and liking something won't get you the thread's condemnation. Hell, even the memes, while cancer incarnate, has no ill political message tied on it - people spread it because it was fun.

Such is the difference between kids and adults

Not Korean laughter in Starcraft? kekekeke

Yeah, jesus christ, there would have been riots in
the streets over the kind of bans they make today. Besides, it's not stopping anyone, and it makes the logs harder to read.

And DBS generals are even worse. I was there back then and we didn't have mexican twitter posts and reddit faggots and discord and all the other cancerous things like that.

less introspection

Reminder that it was his first opportunity to sell out.

tripfags everywhere
more freedom in general
off topic posts
blog posts

They wrote in the zerg thing later when they forgot it came from WoW, imo.

>Moe vs. GAR
All those threads will be lost in time; like jizz in the rain.

->

You do realize koreans type "kekekekekeke" instead of "lol" or "wwwww"? It isn't some ebin meme from Blizzard, and it predates both those games.

>imo
Is this bait? ㅋㅋㅋ (literally ke ke ke) is the Korean laughter noise. It's like spamming "lolololololol" or "hahahahaha" and the Korean language definitely exist way before Starcraft.

Here's how things work in life: something is funny, so it gets repeated. The people in the know use it for a while, and then it gets old and they stop. Then other people finally catch on and everyone and their mother starts using it. Excessively. Beating a dead horse excessively.

It's like fashion. Of course you're going to look stupid wearing an 80s style outfit in present time.

I mean, I'm not saying 'no'. Just that, who types 'zerg rush kek' and just stops... That's not how that meme worked, at least as far back as _I_ go...

When will lolz become retrochic.

There was much more semi off topic freedom and resulting creativity because everyone more or less knew now to behave. Now with the overrun of the "neo-/*/" crowd, anybody caught posting outside of tired template posts are immediately torn apart because it only takes that one possible post to throw the thread into shitposting and spamming. They used to blame it on summer but moot said it didn't exist. Who knows who the real culprits are.

we actually made it 32 posts before someone cried about Sup Forums

is that a new record?

IIRC the term "newfag" was coined.
Before that, it was n00b or just LURK MOAR since we were all newfags together.
We still had the "lol Japan" attitude, this was before the hardcore autistic weebs saturated the place.

There's nothing wrong with hating Sup Forums

There was no Sup Forums to blame....

shut up, sissy

Sup Forums is the new Sup Forums after all. It's the first board most newfags come to these days and the board feom which, like metastasis, they spread.

>There's nothing wrong with Sup Forums

FTFY.

Sup Forums is shit, user. Whatever quality it held at its start is now long gone and ruined by massive floods of retarded, non-lurking newfags and moderator inaction.

Go back to your board.

much better than people using shit ironically

Shut the fuck up, faggot.

I never thought I'd see the day when Sup Forums wasn't the dumbest board on Sup Forums.

Sup Forums's been my board since '04.

Try going back to /r/eddit, newfag.

It was pretty fun, but I was also underage and had no life or responsibilities, so my judgement may not have been the best.

Much less cynical and much more fun, the biggest problem the board has today is newfags acting like jaded assholes because they think that's all Sup Forums used to be

I miss old Sup Forums

I can hardly remember when I could come on Sup Forums because I wanted to escape all the politics bullshit that people drone on about on other forums and boards and just post whatever I wanted because I was anonymous. Maybe it's adulthood, but even though I'm anonymous I still am self-conscious of what I post these days.

Anybody who admits to browsing Sup Forums underage should be banned. I didn't dare lay my eyes upon this page until I was an 18 year old senior in high school.