Shokugeki no Soma

The English dub just came out on Kissanime and the first three episodes are up on YouTube, might as well make a thread to discuss it

Erina at the very least seems real bad, the pseudo valley girl take is unpleasant

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvHQgdiON8
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-04/risa-taneda-recovers-from-treatment-gradually-returns-to-voice-acting/.119736
watchcartoononline.com/food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma-episode-6-english-dubbed
e-hentai.org/g/1097762/cbab61c7f1/
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-06/voice-actress-risa-taneda-will-not-return-for-food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma-season-3/.119821
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>valley girl

Why the fuck do dubs keep doing this?

If anything the "valley girl" should only be Megumi when she speaks in her dialect. Why the fuck do they keep giving accents to the most random characters?

Post it, I can't find any clip with Erina.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrvHQgdiON8

Have an entire episode

They didn't translate the name for Polar Star so it's just left as Kyokusei, pretty dumb

Reminder that this is what he looked like in chapter 1.

Well she sounds like an american bitch, so I guess that's fine. Although they could have chosen a better voice, Souma is okay.

Trips aside, isn't she supposed to be pretty prim and proper?

Other than when she loses her cool, extremely so.

>dub

you know what was coming and you still went for it.
you have no right to complain

hisako a BEST

She should be snooty high class, not snooty low class.

>kissanime
>dub
What did he mean by this?

Third year Soma will look like Saiba.

This page is from chapter 4.

>dub

>dub
>kissanime

Ok.But I'm waiting for Season 3 trailer, shouldn't it have been out by now?There's just two months left before it starts airing.

>tosh will never make h-manga again

Did something happened to Sup Forums that I'm not aware of?

>implying he doesn't have a massive vault of h-stuff that will never be released to the public

Im pretty sure every artist does that

>Erinas voice

>dub
>kissanime

Wow. Erina was overly written to be a big bitch more than she was in the Japanese version

>dubs
Kill yourself with your garbage.

Yea the director really over empathized Erina as a bitch with many uncalled words said and her VA's voice makes it a 100 times worse.

Souma looks better now but Erina actually looks better in the early chapter. Especially her hair.

>Erina actually looks better in the early chapter
Nah. She looks very young like Soma and the rest back then but now she looks mature

Erina a cute

>hisako a BEST
I agree

I'm surprised a dub took this long, it feels pointless now after season 1 came out like 3 years ago?

GUYS

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-04/risa-taneda-recovers-from-treatment-gradually-returns-to-voice-acting/.119736

Director be like:
Give that bitch a bitch voice.

she's 15

SHE LIVES

Holy shit. I was just watching episode 6 of the dub then when Ikumi pinned Kanichi to the wall he called Ikumi her nickname and what he said was "Meat-Meat". In the sub it's Nikumi but apparently in the dub they flat out just say "Meat-Meat" which totally caught me off guard and had me gag so hard. Then on episode 7 where Soma defeated Ikumi, he actually called her "sweet-meat" which made her fluster thus the beginning of her tsun-tsun/ affection to him. P.S, Ikumi's dub VA literally empathizes her as a whore
watchcartoononline.com/food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma-episode-6-english-dubbed

>Ikumi's dub VA literally empathizes her as a whore
>Erina was overly written to be a big bitch more than she was in the Japanese version

What the fuck is the dub trying to do with this series?

They're just trying too hard which I ironically kinda like :^)

Isn't Alice a valley girl in Viz translation or am I remembering it wrong?

>Risa Taneda is back
So?

Are you confusing "empathize" with "emphasize?"

She's been 16 forever now, actually. At this point, most of the first year cast has hit their 16th birthday actually.

>watching dubs

I really like the numbers.

>Winners on the left
>Losers on the right

How would you feel about those results?

Soma is beautiful

>Rindou
>losing

>Implying Rindo isn't Alice 2.0
>Implying the author won't have Rindo stripped and join the rebels in the cage for fun

>Erina at the very least seems real bad, the pseudo valley girl take is unpleasant

She deserved better

>dubbed anime

still young

ugly

no u

dub erina makes my dick hard

then again so does jap erina

>This video is unavailable.
I-I guess that's a good thing.

Season 3 was going to come out this fall and had she not recovered fast enough Erina would have had a different VA during a season that most likely features (part of) a arc that has focus on her.

And while her voice in the hot spring OVA wasn't bad, it didn't quite fit her as perfectly as taneda's voice.

Damn. The script Erina in the dub says is really over the top. She calls the people she looks down on a lot of vulgar names, she doesn't speak to Hisako kindly, etc compared to where in the Jap version it's the opposite. I really think the director took Erinas bitchiness too far out of consideration for her character later in the series because a lot of words she spewed out isn't what she'd as a character say/ act but in general it's a good direction I guess

It's like the director got Erina and Alice mixed up.

I know right. If anything Alice should've had the valley girl accent, it fits her character as a whole throughout the entire series very well. I still haven't heard Alice in the dub yet so i'm really looking forward to hearing her

there is nothing wrong with streaming

Royal if you're for some reason stalking this thread could you say what are you impressions of dubbed Erina? Since she's your favorite character I wanna know how suicidal are you

>join the rebels in the cage for fun
Why would she? I don't see Nene in the cage.

Why do so many people care about English dubs? The fuck happened to Sup Forums?

Because Dub>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>>Subs

Its all a ploy to make megumi look better :V

I believe it to be honest. I mean who wouldn't love Megumi and who wouldn't hate Erina?

Raws >= Shit >>> Subs > Muted with subs >>> Dubs

My blood is boiling.

>Greg Ayres
>Maggie Flecknoe
Shelley Calene Black
Ew, no thanks.

ANIME IS SAVED

F U R R Y K A K A Y R I C E

Kumiko is so cute

is his harem now increasing

>Sentai

Even dubfags know they're garbage.

I wanna be squeezed between both Nakiri's ;_;

>baby Erina talking in valley accent
I sadly chuckled a bit.

>Why isn't Sup Forums as much of an elitist shithole as it was before???

Stupid sexy Soma

Ya know, watching the beginning of the series again. Tsukada really did foreshadow this entire Central arc from the beginning huh.

That makes it the culmination of the series to this point...so the next question lies...where do we go post-Central?

>so the next question lies...where do we go post-Central?
That's the thing. I think he intended to end the series somewhat after the Central arc since he stated long ago that he doesn't know if he'll continue onward with the series to Soma's graduation, it all depends on the interactions with the characters. But because of the overall support and popularity of the series he probably doesn't want to disappoint his fans by having the series end which is why I conclude is the reasoning behind him having the manga go at a slow pace during the Central arc to now. He's giving us extra content and probably thinking of what he'll do for Soma and the rest journey after they graduate from being first years.

I'm torn. On one end, I don't want the series to end so early as I'm enjoying it.

On the other hand, I don't want it to fall into the usual trappings of Shonen and go on for years and lose what made me like about it.

Sooo, I'd think I'd prefer him to end it than drag things out if this is what he intended from the beginning.

Since Alice doesn't show up in the manga these days, have this freshly released doujin instead.

e-hentai.org/g/1097762/cbab61c7f1/

Well it's just speculation about the author's slow pacing and we don't know if he even intended to end the manga somewhat after this whole Azami drama

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-08-06/voice-actress-risa-taneda-will-not-return-for-food-wars-shokugeki-no-soma-season-3/.119821

No Risa in SS3.

>it's true

damn it

NO

why even live?

It's Sentai. Sentai's really slow and 99% of the time terrible with both casting and directing. The only dub that seemed alright recently was Danmachi.

>Kanemoto is back
WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GET HER VOMIC SEIYUU INSTEAD? SO WE DON'T HAVE 3 DIFFERENT SEIYUUS FOR HER/

Their Infinite Stratos dub was great if only because the original show was so bad it had nowhere to go but up. They basically turned it into a comedy by giving the characters hilarious accents.

>all this crying over a VA change

Good thing as a dubfag I'm used to this and don't obsess over names.

>Kissanime
Kill yourself goddamn.

>The English dub just came out on Kissanime and the first three episodes are up on YouTube
Why the fuck wasn't this thread immediately deleted and OP given a public ban?