Why do people call these "forced drama"? At least in most instances the drama had pretty legit reasons to happen

Why do people call these "forced drama"? At least in most instances the drama had pretty legit reasons to happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/frog_kun/status/891604231450279936
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone post the SZS image.

'Forced drama' is such a shit critisism. ALL fictional drama is 'forced' drama. Some people need to have a cop-out reason to dislike something popular instead of just saying it's not their bag, baby.

I think people mean "unnatural" when they call it forced.
Take NagiAsu for example. The majority of the drama is caused by people being at the right place in the right time to overhear something or step in to talk to somebody to fuel shipping drama. Its really unnatural and frustrating.

Plastic Memories, on the other hand, is more natural because it lets the situations speak for themselves rather than going out of the show's way to manufacture. Isla's deactivation was decided in the beginning of the show and all the anxiety and sadness just naturally unfolds from that.

Nah, the term is totally valid. There is a difference between developing the emotions naturally and between imposing the emotions on the viewer. Compare Solanin with Shigatsu and you will understand.

Yeah, NagiAsu is probably the show with the biggest amount of unnatural drama out of them. The scene where Sayu confesses to Kaname and most of the drama with Hikari and Miuna were pretty good, but I hated Chisaki.

autistic manime fags as usual

I dunno about 'forced drama' but those shows that are made solely to make you cry with overwrought drama and tragedy, I can never take them seriously. They're so full of themselves, it's painful to watch. They're like the 'Oscar Bait' genre, just so self-important.

I just finished watching moyashimon and I really liked it. I also like a lot sakurasou.
These shows just throw you into the drama of things before you gey a chance to know the characters and the reason is, I think, that if you relate to the premise you'll immediately care because it is relevant to you. On the other hand if you don't relate then the drama seems forced because you don't get a chance to learn to care about the show before being confronted with the drama

It's a literal meme. Same as "forced animation".

>Any type of criticism that I don't like or agree with is shit or a meme.

>Your Lie
>Not forced drama

But it is...

>Facebook filename

This user has it right. There's a reason I got more emotional at the end of the last culture festival in K-On than the fucking deaths in Anohana and Your Lie in April.

>waa someone insulted my favourite animes on the web

I hate AnoNatsu, I can't pinpoint why but I can pinpoint when.
The moment they started crying after the fireworks, I was filled with hatred for the show and every character in it.

Most drama is forced drama. Accidental drama is pretty rare.
Forced is really just used for augmentation. Somehow people think it strengthens their argument if they use stronger words, same reason why people use literally for no reason everywhere.

Except there already is a term, and it's called "melodrama"

The average autist hasn't had enough contact with women to actually know of their irrational bullshit.
This is doubly difficult given how PC culture insults you if you bring it up.

And if you had enough contact with women you'd know that that isn't true.

Wrong.

Clannad, Angel Beats, Plastic Memories and White Album 2 are great, but I dropped most of the other shows in that pic because every single fucking episode had some kind of drama.

>Forced drama
The term you're looking for is 'melodrama'.

The only ones I haven't watched were Plastic Memories and White Album 2. I liked all the others though with varying levels of how it affected me emotionally.

>Literal retards don't know that melodrama has been used as a term to describe soap opera tier shit drama for many, many years, and that standards do actually exist for story telling
Stupid children who think Okada is a good writer need to stop posting.

>melodrama = forced drama
This is probably the most retarded list I've ever seen.

Not really. Melodrama is not necessarily a bad thing. FMA is melodrama. Casablanca is melodrama. Melodrama consists in working the emotions. But there is the right way and the wrong way to do it, if you exaggerate, it will be "forced". Compare Casablanca with The Blind Side, FMA with Fairy Tail.

Honestly this. The constant drama in shows like Nagi no Asukara, Anohana and Shigatsu made them boring to watch, even predictable.

Shigatsu it is forced drama though, all the other series had a reason to be while Shigatsu ended in episode 13 and the other 9 episodes were literally filler, is like adding an extra 10 episodes to Anohana with a truck running over the rest of the cast, Shigatsu IS forced drama.

Congratulations, your entire post is wrong and you don't know what melodrama means.

twitter.com/frog_kun/status/891604231450279936

Wtf why is real life so melodramatic? Okada doesn't understand real life!!!!! Shit writer!!

Drama can't be not forced

you literally have no idea user. al those memes about women getting mad over nothing is 100% true.

People (you) use melodrama in a pejorative way, but the real meaning of the genre is not a bad thing. Again, the problem is in the way the story is told.

Spirited Away is a melodrama. Children Who Chase Lost Voices is a melodrama. Which one is forced?

More like "people", only retards use that forced meme.

>facing hardship makes you a good writer

Clannad, Anohana and Angel Beats aren't forced drama though.
Charlotte isn't either, it's just really bad in general.

Melodrama as a genre is a style of theater. Melodrama as a descriptor of media in general is objectively negative, and you are an idiot.

>Ironic shitposting retards defending the worst anime writer around
Sounds about right.

I'm a huge jun maeda fun but desu charlotte was pretty shit, and so are some of these other ones

Anohana is pretty great dou

I wouldn't call it forced, but the drama in that show could be really silly at times.

Anything by Key:
>make a bunch of characters
>tell a haphazard disjointed story
>give viewer brain damage with incomprehensible plot
>and then everyone died for no reason
>the end

Because it is.

Because those series are incredibly melodramatic and autistic as fuck.

Get out, please. Go study.

>first year undergrad thinks he knows anything
Always a classic.