14 years, 14 fucking years to finally find an anime that makes this pun

14 years, 14 fucking years to finally find an anime that makes this pun

It took you 14 years to find something that aired 23 years ago?

Really makes you think.

why do they use the same word for spider and cloud?

Japanese has a metric fuck ton of homophones because of a limited amount of sounds in the language.

But Yuru Yuri made this same pun, and that is pretty recent.

So they won't confuse them with chopsticks and bridges.

Wrong. The reason is because a bunch of words were imported from Chinese, but Chinese is a tonal language and Japanese mostly isn't. That makes two different Chinese words sound the same in Japanese.

(Japanese has a tone accent which distinguishes some words like hashi)

They don't.
But you, gaijin-san, are too dumb to understand.

Because clouds look like spiders

That's painful to read.

Only half-ish of the readings (on-yomi) are Chinese. Kumo-cloud is a Japanese reading. And they have so few sounds that tonal shit goes away, which is why some readings have so many fucking kanji.

And then there are the Chinese readings that froze out at different time periods or in specialized topics like Buddhism, which is why some kanji have so fucking many readings.

Wow, Celebi was a dick.

they did it in YuruYuri s3

That's because Elizabeth kept cock-blocking him.

>deathquads

Thanks for this. I had myself a good kek.

I laughed but then I started to hurt.

>greetings to other neighbor/target
And that's when I lost my sides.

More annoying than funny, but then again I know history.
Actually my biggest pet peeve is the fact that retards still can't get that knowing kanji was a status symbol back then.
It's not like they couldn't invent something simpler; women and retards had a dumbed down alternative.

Plenty of homophones where both words are 訓読み
Still on mount stupid, I gather.

this is the number one reason why I hate japan

>Other neighbor/target

That's barely a justification. Most peasants didn't even know how to read half well, leave alone write. There was literally no real reason to use chinese for "status" and it ended up being a dumbed down chinese to boot, that didn't fit with the language.

Japanese is hard.