Why was she not as popular as Rem?

Why was she not as popular as Rem?

Because the amount of people with dumpster tier taste outnumbers the amount of people with mediocre taste.

people self insert as the mc, especially in an isekai, and people watching this are fat virgins so if a girl confesses to them they lose their minds, if they get friendzoned then they get angry
feris best girl though

Because she's a filthy mongrel

Because she doesn't have autism and all the autistic mongs can relate to Rem because she's got aspergers

Not as cute as Rem. Also she acts autistic because of how isolated she was.

Around elves, watch yourself.

Dirty subhuman elf

Because she behaves like a rational human being

knife ears

because she is worst girl after Ram

She disappeared from the show for the most part so everyone flocked to the newest autism

She takes a backseat to Rem during the second part of the show. Rem then got a bunch of development during that time

dime a dozen princess in distress

Elf and she didn't have much screentime.

cause she barely fuckin did anything

Elves should be treated with nothing short of disdain.

traitor bitch

A character that don't give much impact. Purely trash.

because she disappeared halfway into the show, while Remu became based as fuck

Too much of a skank. Seriously who wears pajamas like that?

She's a nigger in her world. Nobody mixes with niggers on my watch, even if they are white skinned!

It's not that she was bad, she just had an unfairly good competition

She's miniscule compared to the twins. She's not even needed.

Redditors gonna reddit

>pseudo though girl, acts like she doesn't need MC's help
>in reality can't do shit without him and keeps dying
only shallow people give a fuck about her

Because people like the pretty-average girl, not the pretty-pretty girl.

Basically this

She's fucking boring, that's why.

>Meet this girl
>Like her
>Want to waifu her
>She doesn't care about user
>Meet this newer girl who cares and will do everything for user
>Wow why did user abandon first girl

Everything was going well for her until Subaru and the potato showed up though.

She doesn't do anything. Or well, she does do things in the failed timelines, but on succesful ones Subaru keeps her from doing fucking anything to stop his dear princess from coming to harm.
Rem on the other hand does plenty of things.

I don't throw around the term a lot, but she's a mary sue. Also just a really boring character, but hopefully that changes.

>I don't throw around the term a lot
You should stick to your convictions.

>does nothing even though she's supposed to be strong as fuck
>needs to be saved constantly
>acts like she doesn't need Subaru
>disappears half into the series

meanwhile based Remu-rin
>even though she's not very strong she does her best
>sacrifices herself for her sister and Subaru
>is cuter
>want's to be with Subaru and help him with everything, even though he fucking tells her he doesn't love her

>I don't throw around the term a lot, but she's a mary sue.
Good for you, because you clearly don't know what the term means.

>even though he fucking tells her he doesn't love her
Wrong on this point. He wouldn't lie like that.

fuck off Emiliafag

We going by the original meaning of a shitty fan character that warps the established narrative around them, or by the derived meaning of a character with traits that resemble those common to a true Mary Sue?

As good as she was, she fails the MC(episode 11-13 where he gets his shit beaten by some handsome knight) for not understanding him in which us the audience know what he said is the unfiltered truth. Also she is a dirty communist; hope the MC fixes that shit.

>literally 20 minutes long speech praising subaru, telling him she'd do anything for him and her only wish in life is be with him and help him with anything, ending with her saying I love you.

>Yeah, I love Emilia so ...

He didn't literally say it, but I think it was pretty obvious that he doesn't love her.

Because the show heavily focused on Rem and made viewers get much more attached to Rem and made her a much more interesting character than some chick who wasn't even there most of the time.

If you self insert even remotely into this, Emilia is barely ever even there and you go through hell and back with Rem.

It has less to do with her and more to do with the fact that Subaru had been through absolute hell and a half with Rem, got to know her as intimately as possible, and when she breaks down and tells him how she feels, he drops the biggest of all possible bombs on her.

For example,
>needs to be saved constantly
Potatofag shouldn't be the one to say this when the potato still desperately needs to be saved from coma by Subaru and Emilia.

Let's just say the anime cut a few scenes where he makes it perfectly clear he does love her. I browsed some old Nip threads from when the show was airing, and they were extremely disappointed.

Oh, I only watched the anime, so I form opinions based on it.

So he loves both, but Emilia more? That's not legit love.

Generic elf slut boring.

Subaru, not Emilia. Not to mention even after death Subaru gets saved by Rem i.e. her image and the words he keeps.

Because Subaru, and therefore the audience, doesn't have to work for her.
Subaru loves Emilia, but he has to earn her affection. And even if he can never score her, he becomes a better person by working towards scoring some elf pussy.
Rem is settling. Subaru only considered hooking up with Rem when he was giving up. Rem wasn't his first choice, but she was the easy choice.
Emilia represents improvement. Rem represents complacency.
Of course weebs are gonna like Rem more.

Popularity has no relevance, author decided Emilia is the main heroine and she will win no matter the amount of butthurt twitterfags.

Half-elf, Half-shit

She barely has screen time, she doesn't display any personality and she isn't particularly in love with the protagonist either.

Not the best way to do things. Anime cuts way too much shit out and ends right before the true ending of Arc 3.
Well, at least she got coma'd while protecting people herself.
No. He says it's about equal, and he fully intends to try for the polygamy route because he's kind of an indecisive piece of shit.
This is just completely wrong.

Emilia is going to the tower with Subaru to save the potato.

>and they were extremely disappointed.
Understandable

How can Rem represent complaceny when Subaru does most of his improvement with her company? Sure, Subaru and Emilia went through some shit together, but I don't think that holds as much weight as the shit Subaru went through with Rem.

Rem is funny, irreverent, and banters with Mistubishi.

I don't know if they've given Satella personality in the novels, but in the anime she was just pure bland vanilla. A lovable doormat to be sure, but still a doormat.

Guys what about Ram?

Because Rem is the superior girl. Can't blame her though, 99% of anime characters fall flat to Rem.

She's a total cutie.

kek no

>acts like she doesn't need Subaru
I don't see how wanting to become more confident and improve self-esteem is a bad thing.

she has some-what of a personality

>deluded remcuck

We got full Rem backstory, we know her flaws as well as her strengths, her hopes and dreams. We know her entire life was suffering. She also got more screentime and character development later.
On the other side we know that Emilia is discriminated against because she's a silver haired half-elf and she want's to become ruler so "everyone is equal". Thats all.

Because she clearly fucking needs him. Even though he's fucking weak and she's an overpowered mage with literal god on her shoulder, she still needs to be saved every 10 seconds by Subaru, so acting like hes a nuisance is fucking pathetic.

>deluded Emilia cuck doesn't get people only buy anything related to this trash because of Rem

>thinks merchandise matters

kek, it gets better

didn't get nearly as much development as Rem and was more or less non existent towards the end of the season

Yeah it matters to Kadokawa and the author

>rem literally carries the series
>i-it doesn't matter
EMTards everyone

Not enough to make a side character win

Man she was so good. I hope I could see her glory days again.

look

id smash emilia and make her my underaged breeding waifu but shes one of the most autist characters

hurr why you fight for my honor dont be my friend anymore

like. wtf. shes retarded as fuck

Emilia was doing just fine until Subaru showed up and dragged her into his mess, though.

>Not enough to make a side character win
literally half the fanbase is rooting for rem, and this poll was taken when the series wasn't even popular yet.

If the author wants another work after this then sure

Are you serious? If not for Subaru she'd die in the loot house.

After Subaru told everyone to go to the tower. Emilia may be helping, but so is Beatrice, Julius, Anastasia and Ram. With Ram and Beako being main contributors.

Do you know what the author also decided?

She would've found her insignia faster if she didn't meet Subaru and waste so much time with him.

>muh popularity

Sure has not helped the losers in the past, this time wont be different. Rem either dies or gets cucked but she wont win.

She would get into the loothouse faster, but would still die.

Because she acts the way most girls act, important and incompetent.
While on the other hand Rem's entire character is like an otaku's wet dream.

This isn't mere online popularity. Rem prints money way more than other characters. Better ready your tissue when she wins.

Really hate it when people always bring up character popularity as a mean to determine the "winning" girl. Holy fuck it isn't up to you all to decide what to do with the story. It's Tappei's work. He's the fucking creator. Just let him do whatever the fucks he wants. Forcing him to do things he hates will only hamper the series and lower fans' enjoyment of it.

If Subaru weren't there, Roswaal wouldn't have hired Elsa to assassinate Subaru and Emilia like the gospel told him to do to get Subaru to the mansion. So no Emilia wouldn't die.

w-what

>bringing up source material in an anime discussion
From what we are given in the anime, Emilia would have died plain and simple. Stop bringing up the author's asspulls to try and make your point.

Thanks user, I didn't want to watch second season anyway.

Too bad Tappei says he enjoys writing Rem romance

Does he say he doesn't enjoy writing Emilia romance?

too late you faggot, the series is ruined for me

He finds Emilia difficult to write because she has to fit the template of the "idealized girl".

That doesn't mean he feels discouraged and no longer wants to write Emilia.

Why the fuck are you all in a bait thread? Summarry user stopped translating so don't talk about the series until he does.