Why do artists keep doing this shit? Have they become lazy to the point where they can't draw proper lines anymore...

Why do artists keep doing this shit? Have they become lazy to the point where they can't draw proper lines anymore? Or do they just randomly do it because they see other people doing it?

Lips

>all those stylizations
>people only care about the mouth being multiple lines

It gives the detail of the upper lip you uncultured swine

They do the same thing with thighs too. Soft skin pressing against soft skin = no line.

>dat autism

Anime eyes and noses look nothing like real eyes and noses either, you know.

where did all the anime noses go

Naoki Urasawa talks about that with some mangaka about that who apply that tool and usage in their work. I saw it on manben it was interesting how it adds novelty and vintage to their work and trademark.

>Soft skin pressing against soft skin = no line.

Yet they still do it even when their mouths are open.

>kissanime

>haha! I pointed out a streamed screenshot image found on google! d-do I fit in yet guys?

>complaining about understandable upper lip definition when 6 out of 7 characters on that pic literally have a tiny line or even a dot for a nose

retard

refer to number 6

Yes OP, I'm pretty sure that completing that line takes so much effort that they all collectively decided to save time by ignoring it.
There's absolutely no way it can be a design choice. Why would that be? It's fucking ruining the industry, damn Miyazaki was right.

You are certainly not fitting in.

Ecchi blisters in non-ecchi shows, now that's a shitty trend

If a nigga ever tells you detailed lips don't look good on animes show him the animes from Prison School and watch him squirm from his doodle going erect.

kys

refer to or

I've seen this thread so many times, I have to wonder why you're so autistic as to care.

Sup Forumsutism at its finest, m8

What can we do?

Because the bottom lip is not fully defined. It's basically a cheap way to show that the lip is 3D without having to shade.

So the characters in the OP picture are pressing lower and upper lip against each other?

Isn't it (usually) the upper lip that has a detail in the middle and the bottom lip is just a line?

If you're talking about the philtrum then yeah, that's usually the most defined part. Though it's not usually defined in anime. The idea is that the fastest part of the lip, which is the lower lip in the middle, is left blank to show that it is not just a line like the rest of the mouth. This is really only for open mouths and you can see for why it's done when the mouth is closed.

It's usually just to define the cupid's bow on the lips, it just looks cuter than the alternatives. And anime artists usually have a dislike for american cartoons so the full mouth just looks to cartoonish.

I'm pretty sure they do it on open mouths just because the style ended up carrying over.

Noses are gross.

because they think it looks more cute of course, it is japanimation so it's all about cuteness.

i like noses

the thin, perky ones are the best. slightly pointy...

I miss sexy usage of lipstick.

That girl on the bottom left looks like a real beauty, I hope nothing bad happens to her.

It's pretty much the definitive feature of the 10s. Three years from now when the decades comparison images start making their rounds every one of them will have this broken smile line.

Here the tip of the nose is visible only but the strap of the eye patch tells you that the nose is still there, just invisible.

when you see it

I think it actually takes more work to draw two small lines than a single bigger one, so it's probably not laziness.

Huh, I just realized Riko looks like she belongs in Ichigo Mashimaro.

God only nose.