How far have you gotten in Detective Conan, Sup Forums?

How far have you gotten in Detective Conan, Sup Forums?

My roommate watches this show. I dig it.

There is some bullshit, but the mysteries that I watched are solvable which is nice.

I've kept up with the manga for like 15 years but don't bother with the anime.

I only saw as much as they aired on Adult Swim. It was OK but I wasn't exactly clamoring for more after they dropped it.

Up until the part where I realized the author was like so many others. Instead of choosing to finish the main plot, they would try to churn out as much bs that they could for a steady paycheck. Sad really. Whether this is better than those that never bother to finish their work in favor of games, wine, and woman, who's to say?

Some genres are perfect for this though, such as mysteries.

Chapter 999

You can do both. Advance the main plot and still have time for side stories. When's the last time anything at all about the mysterious black organization been mention? Hell, they don't even know the boss' NAME, let alone where to begin to even look for the guy.

I think I got to the introduction of that tomboy lesbo that's Ran's friend.
The only plotlines I really enjoy are the cop romances

Nearly hit 400 and about to watch the 9th movie.
It's like waddling through a pile of anime-original shit only to find some salvation in plot episodes now and then.

But I still want to watch them all.

The entire crew sabotaging their dates at the amusement park was the best, especially with the pun.

wherever it was at in 2014

last real thing i remember was that hot new tomboy with the tooth and her friend

So opinions on the new OP?

>When's the last time anything at all about the mysterious black organization been mention?
Literally like 1 or 2 episodes ago.

I made it to episode 175 and forgot about it. I watch an episode whenever I'm bored but have no hope with catching up.

Why did they stop using kimi ga ireba in the movie? It was so good in the first few movies.

So far that I want to go back

Sera is an overrated smelly boy.

On a scale of 1 to I hate you Shinichi, how much will taking the drugs backfire this time?

>kimi ga ireba
Remind me what this is? I've seen every movie but its been ages since I watched the first couple. Mostly because movie 4 was the first good movie.

The song they always play at the climax.

Oh.
Well its because there's a theme song for each movie now.
Most of them are pretty nice.

>watching past the last dub episode
What's wrong with you? Also the anime looked aestheticly better when it was made in the 90s

>watching past the last dub episode
>watching the dub at all
Get the fuck outta here normalfag.

I'm waiting for it to end so that they make movies out of the plot relevant episodes.
I ain't watching 600+ episodes of filler.

Then you're in luck. There's no where near that much filler.

The dub is literally superior though. Stop being a weeb piece of filth for one second and look at shit objectively

This is b8.
Shitty b8 too.

Every episode, every movie, and every chapter. I can't wait for the next manga chapter.

Ai Wa Itsumo is the best.
I feel like Shinichi will be rewarded considering it'll be the 1000 chapter case.

I like all the despair. Otherwise, it's pretty bad. I usually enjoy most OPs as well.
You can't rush DC, you need to watch a few cases before bed. Eventually you'll catch up without burning yourself out.

90% of the episodes are useless to the principal plot.
Let's not talk about how Conan should be 10 years older than he is if he lived all these adventures(most episodes have at least 2-3 day in-universe, some even take a whole week).

>90% of the episodes are useless to the principal plot
And? Its still not filler. There's only like 340ish episodes of filler.

>340ish episodes
That's a lot.

But don't get me wrong, I grew up with Detective Conan, and I only got sick of the numerous unrelated mysteries because I likr the principal case so much.
I just don't want to die before Shinichi arrests the culprits.

If the author pulls a Moriarty, the villain will be unheard of(maybe hinted at at the very end before his appearance), and will only appear in the last chapters.

>you know what we need?
>more red herrings
Fucking Rumi-sensei.

>and will only appear in the last chapters
Gosho has said the main villain has already appeared in the series. Early on in fact.
The Boss is Sonoko's Dad.

The Rum arc was garbage. I do think that she'll end up being relevant, considering she had a mojang tile in her pant pocket.

>The Rum arc was garbage
>was
Its still going on.

The author has said a lot of things.

Yeah but if he already knew who the villain was on day 1 (which he should have since Detective Conan was supposed to be a short manga), he should be truthful in saying he/she has already appeared in the story.

Let us not forget that 'early on' is vague when your manga is 1000 chapters long.

>mfw the leader of the organization was Kudo all along, only he fed himself forgetting potion

Reminder that the boss is Yoko Okino.

I watched every important episodes, about 30% of the filler and read 100 manga chapters. It's just too much

Correct but you take it at the time he said it.

I don't see her as a good candidate for the boss as she doesn't seem very rich whenever we see her.
And wealth is a large prerequisite for being the Boss. It MUST be someone rich.

Kogoro is the boss

>implying anyone truly loaded would be shallow enough to prove it

If only, but he's way too busy to be able to live a double life.

That's why the big corporate leaders are likely candidates for The Boss.
Gosho has also said that if you learn the name of The Boss's organization it will also reveal the Boss's name. A giant corporation makes the most sense for this.

Why do the kids always get colds before they change back?

Because the antidote only works if you are sick.

I only read.

Do they know that or has it just been a coincidence in every occasion?

I read all of it, didn't bother with the anime.

They know that.
Haibara literally created a pill that gives you a cold to take before you take the antidote.

i'm at episode 831

>Haibara literally created a pill that gives you a cold
That's a bigger scientific breakthrough than Vermouth being immortal.

Following the manga (used to watch it on TV too) since 1998. I don't care if it never ends but sincerely hope the plot will be interesting again someday :\

Not really. Its not hard to just invent something that makes you sick when you eat it.

It was like 20 chapters ago, closing a series of like 15 chapters about chasing clues on a murder apparently committed by Rum, and the full identity of Akai's family

That was one of the movies though. Does that even impact the manga?

Movie 3 is canon.

None of the movies are canon.

The Last Wizard of the Century.

Gosho is still involved in the writing of the movies and can decide plotlines or veto anything

Also it's not exactly like this
In the manga the Bailju works as antidote only if the shrunken person drinks it while having a cold, so in the 7th Movie the idea is that while studying what makes the combination an antidote for the APTX she created a drug that replicates the symptoms of a cold in order to use it with Baiju
However the antidote that she created now doesn't have such side effect, and in chapter 1000 Shinichi catched a cold because he fell in the water the day before

She's most likely rich. Not only is she extremely popular, but she also gets a role in many movies / shows / commercials.

I thought we still had a while to go before chapter 1,000?

Yes but she doesn't run a company thus revealing the name of the organization wouldn't point to Okino Yoko.

Chapter 1000 was released a few days ago. We'll see 1001 in two weeks.

What happened?

It's a school trip where Conan took the pill to become Shinichi. Love stuff, murder.

>school trip where Shinichi shows his face to an entire city
What could go wrong? Certainly the BO won't see that he's alive in Osaka right?

Everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. An entire school trip's worth of popping those pills and he doesn't even have his backup team present to bail him out.

Uh yeah I was being sarcastic after all. Sometimes Shinichi is so stupid it boggles my mind.

It's worth it

>How far have you gotten in Detective Conan, Sup Forums?
I've watched the entire series a few times over. Some episodes probably over 100 times.

>she had a mojang tile in her pant pocket.
when was this mentioned? I know there was something in her pocket but I don't remember them saying that it was a mahjong tile. Or are you thinking of a shogi piece? Either way I don't remember it.

You're a fucking retard

care to enlighten me then?

Ran's first case, where she meets a woman who's husband tries to kill her so he can buy a Ferrari from the insurance money.

I never even got to the point where Shinichi confesses to Ran.

He's still taking these pills like nothing? Weren't they dangerous? Christ

333 episodes.
Then they stopped the German dub but still continue to make the films for some reason.

No idea, I always just watched it after school. Felt like 200 episodes.

Got annoyed how there was literally zero progression and dropped it.

>The dub is literally superior though.
It's a Japanese anime so it should be watched in Japanese, just like an American show should be watched in American.
It's not about being a weeb, it's about appreciating audio-visual art in its purest form

Just curious but they use the same voice cast every year?

I haven't watched the movies myself but pretty much all the the important characters still have the same voices they had when the series started here (2002), which is pretty cool. Only some characters like Ayumi or Agasa got a different voice actor over time.

It's a shame that there is no channel willing to do more episodes but the 333 episodes which already got a dub still are on TV from time to time.

Im current with the anime, Not reading the Mango.

It is comfy Unless it is a Detective Kids episode, those are fucking awful, fucking hologram generators man, Kogoro Episodes are the best ones.

I don't read the manga, just the Anime/Movies.

I've watched up to 866, and all the movies save for this years. I only watch once a month or two now.

I think it took about 5 years of on and off watching to catch up to it (which I finally did around Christmas). I'd go on binges of watching like 50-100 episodes in the space of a couple weeks, but then not touch the series for like 6-9 months.

the first five are canon. gosho wrote the story for those

That's unfortunate

Volume 60

>he thinks the movies are canon

Ran has to become a shotacon/10

Are any people from the good threads we used to have like 2 years or so ago still here? I feel like in all the Conan threads recently there are just random ass new people who just complain and meme and talk about dubs like what the fuck happened?

Agasa is not the leader.
Megure is

around episode 700 is a never ending filler ark
that's when i siwtched to manga

Any discussion is welcomed discussion.

>he thinks movies aren't canon

Dropped shortly after Haibara showed up.
Next 20 episodes all had to focus on her and
incidentally on the fucking detective kids, whom I can't stand.
Up until that point Mouri Kogoro pretty much carried the show for me.

detective boys maye shit
but haibara is awesome
too bad there#s not a whole lot of episodes of just her